Ime Udoka faces significant suspension by the Celtics???

+14
BaronV
willjr
jrleftfoot
Shamrock1000
Matty
Ktron
NYCelt
Celtics17
dboss
Vankisa
gyso
steve3344
bobc33
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ime Udoka faces significant suspension by the Celtics??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ime Udoka faces significant suspension by the Celtics???

Post by gyso Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Ktron wrote:
gyso wrote:
Ktron wrote:
gyso wrote:It has nothing to do with being an altar boy and everything to do with corporate ethics.

He'd better find something to do with his time
The fact is he just been caught

Was it a subordinate? Do you know? If so thats one thing.
If not- Big fFn deal! Against team policy? Fine him but this whole holier thank thou crap needs to stop.
Most people spend at least 1/3 of their day on the job. The chances of meeting someone and developing a relationship is very probable.
This is only a big deal if it’s a subordinate. Everything else is plain knee jerk.
Go after Brett Favre for stealing but penalizing for what could be a consensual relationship is BS.

PS. Anyone here who ever worked on a job and didn't see someone that they are attractive to raise your hand. Gyso!

I believe there have been enough leaks to guess who it is.  Director of player development for the Boston Celtics.  They already did say it was a staffer, so yes, it was a subordinate.

Brett Favre?  I hope they nail his hide to the frigging wall.  What a piece of crap he is.

Morality and/or "holier than thou" is not the issue.  You may want to reposition yourself there.

It is a corporate ethics issue and there are consequences for this kind of behavior.  They are not good.  Consensual does not enter into it, not any more.

Anyway, not a good day for Celtics fans.

As I said there is not one set of corporate ethics. Each corporation differs in some sort of way. They are not all the same. I don’t think it’s a case of repositioning here. It’s more of a case of blanket statements about blanket policies that don’t exists. We don’t know what the Celtics corporate policy is but I’m willing to bet it ain’t the same as the Heat or whomever.

Also-

She was not a subordinate of Ime’s. Director of player development hardly falls under the head coach. ( pardon both puns)

In the corporate world, the executives are extremely aware of laws and liability.  Lawyers are key to understand the laws and liabilities related to their specific endeavor.  With all the multitudes of endeavors, there is one common issue.  Sexual Harassment.  

There is enough cross pollination between lawyers, with conferences and the like, that the majority of the lawyers understand the issue at hand.  Most likely, the wording of the harassment chapter found in most employee handbooks is pretty much standard issue stuff.  There is only so so many ways you can word those guidelines.

What is different across the many corporations is whether the executives heed the advice of their lawyers.  Some don't.

Back to top Go down

Ime Udoka faces significant suspension by the Celtics??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ime Udoka faces significant suspension by the Celtics???

Post by willjr Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:01 pm

Marc J. Spears

@MarcJSpears
For those speculating and curious about the Celtics' situation, Vice-President of Player Development and Organizational Growth Allison Feaster is not involved in this.
11:46 AM · Sep 22, 2022
·Twitter Web App
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:30 pm

Suspension announced. Ime not wanting to leave. Celtics not sure about his tenure.

This season is starting off with a bang!

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Ktron, Is it inappropriate to say Ime has been laid off?
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:57 pm

worcester wrote:Ktron, Is it inappropriate to say Ime has been laid off?

You’re too funny. If it wasn’t you I’d probably get pissed. That is a pretty good one though

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:59 pm

Can someone on this board tell me whats the difference between Ime and Allison vs. Jeannie Buss and Phil Jackson? 😳

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:01 pm

gyso wrote:
Ktron wrote:
gyso wrote:
Ktron wrote:
gyso wrote:It has nothing to do with being an altar boy and everything to do with corporate ethics.

He'd better find something to do with his time
The fact is he just been caught

Was it a subordinate? Do you know? If so thats one thing.
If not- Big fFn deal! Against team policy? Fine him but this whole holier thank thou crap needs to stop.
Most people spend at least 1/3 of their day on the job. The chances of meeting someone and developing a relationship is very probable.
This is only a big deal if it’s a subordinate. Everything else is plain knee jerk.
Go after Brett Favre for stealing but penalizing for what could be a consensual relationship is BS.

PS. Anyone here who ever worked on a job and didn't see someone that they are attractive to raise your hand. Gyso!

I believe there have been enough leaks to guess who it is.  Director of player development for the Boston Celtics.  They already did say it was a staffer, so yes, it was a subordinate.

Brett Favre?  I hope they nail his hide to the frigging wall.  What a piece of crap he is.

Morality and/or "holier than thou" is not the issue.  You may want to reposition yourself there.

It is a corporate ethics issue and there are consequences for this kind of behavior.  They are not good.  Consensual does not enter into it, not any more.

Anyway, not a good day for Celtics fans.

As I said there is not one set of corporate ethics. Each corporation differs in some sort of way. They are not all the same. I don’t think it’s a case of repositioning here. It’s more of a case of blanket statements about blanket policies that don’t exists. We don’t know what the Celtics corporate policy is but I’m willing to bet it ain’t the same as the Heat or whomever.

Also-

She was not a subordinate of Ime’s. Director of player development hardly falls under the head coach. ( pardon both puns)

In the corporate world, the executives are extremely aware of laws and liability.  Lawyers are key to understand the laws and liabilities related to their specific endeavor.  With all the multitudes of endeavors, there is one common issue.  Sexual Harassment.  

There is enough cross pollination between lawyers, with conferences and the like, that the majority of the lawyers understand the issue at hand.  Most likely, the wording of the harassment chapter found in most employee handbooks is pretty much standard issue stuff.  There is only so so many ways you can word those guidelines.

What is different across the many corporations is whether the executives heed the advice of their lawyers.  Some don't.
Well I guess the Lakers didn’t read your friggin’ handbook…

Last edited by Ktron on Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:04 pm

Ktron, seriously now, I will really miss Ime. I hope he does not resign but instead re signs after his suspension is over. One year is damn stiff. The players will listen to him regardless of how bad this looks to the public and Wyc's wife. Still, this is on Ime, and he did not put the team first.

In the words of Paul Newman, Ime, "when you've got steak at home, why go out for hamburger?"
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:11 pm

worcester wrote:Ktron, seriously now, I will really miss Ime. I hope he does not resign but instead re signs after his suspension is over. One year is damn stiff. The players will listen to him regardless of how bad this looks to the public and Wyc's wife. Still, this is on Ime, and he did not put the team first.

In the words of Paul Newman, Ime, "when you've got steak at home, why go out for hamburger?"

Steak is the one you marry and then stop Fkn.
Hamburger is the honey you’d never marry but you never stop fkn her because you think it’s super hot that she doesn’t give a damn!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:12 pm

Interesting gastronomical analysis Ktron.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:13 pm

All companies I worked for had specific penalties for violating company policies. Suspension and termination were included.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:08 am

Paul Pierce just said on Twitter it should be a fine, not a suspension. I agree with him without knowing the details and not saying Ime was right, but the great Kobe Bryant was accused of rape and went to trial, before they settled out of court. This can’t be any worse than that was, at least this was consential. The league is not suspending him, Wilt slept with 2000 women, okay she shouldn’t have been part of Celtics management, but this seems very overboardly harsh.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:18 am

Ime Udoka Accused Of Affairs With Two Married Celtics Staffers One Being Kathleen Nimmo Lynch

https://blacksportsonline.com/2022/09/ime-udoka-accused-of-affairs-with-two-married-celtics-staffers-one-being-kathleen-nimmo-lynch/

The streets are talking about Ime Udoka, and we need to clear up some things.

The first thing Allison Feaster, the woman widely spread on social media as the person Ime Udoka was having an affair with, is not the woman involved with Udoka. She is happily married by all accounts, with kids, so social media should leave her alone and delete all the comments and posts about her.

Secondly, people want to know why the Celtics are considering such an extreme punishment for an office affair.

The reason is that it simply wasn’t an office affair. Rumors are that Udoka was having relationships with married Celtics staffers. That wouldn’t be a big deal if they were married to a plumber, but in one case, it is being reported the woman is married to a Celtics Sr. Vice President. As you can imagine, that didn’t go over well when the affair was uncovered. Udoka was given an opportunity to end all his affairs quietly but chose not to.

A Celtics staffer Kathleen Nimmo Lynch deleted all her social media a few days before the story broke, leading people on social media to believe she was the staffer that Udoka was having the affair with via EFOCUS news, but that hasn’t been confirmed.

It seemed she was bracing for what was to come.

Kathleen Nimmo Lynch is the team service manager of the Boston Celtics. She has been appointed with the NBA franchise for more than seven years.

Kathleen Nimmo-Lynch and Ime Udoka, the head coach of the Boston Celtics, are said to have shared an improper intimate relationship.

Though it has been reported to be consensual, the relationship violates the organization’s discipline guidelines. It’s been said that a suspension is soon looming for both of them.

Many have even reported that the Celtic coach might be suspended, but in the NBA, coaching suspensions are rare.

In his first season, Ime Udoka rallied his team to the NBA finals, and Boston Celtics were set to enter as the favorites for this season. But now, the whole dynamic of the team has undoubtedly shifted.

Kathleen Nimmo Lynch is one of the female staff members of the NBA franchise Boston Celtics. The lady is currently making headlines as she shared an intimate relationship with the Boston Celtics Head coach Ime Udoka.

Lynch graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Science in 2006 and then went on to pursue her studies in Richmond, the American International University in London.

These affairs seem to be why Udoka and Nia Long have separated. Udoka has considered resigning, but it looks like the Celtics will suspend him for at least half, if not the entire, season.

So, here is your update.

There are likely even more wild details to come, and they likely won’t be pretty, so stay tuned.

Flip the pages for more scoops on what is going on with Udoka and photos of Mrs. Lynch.

My comments: This is worse than I thought.  What was he thinking?

BTW, The Senior Vice President in the Celtics organization reportedly is the one who wanted the 1 year suspension.

Click on the link to see more pages with tweets.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:35 am

The pitchfork brigade is already going after Mazzulla
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:14 am

A lot of rumor mongering and slanderous suppositions surrounding this situation. Allison Feaster and her family are owed apologies by a lot of people. I'm sure her 16 year old daughter appreciated all the attention.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:56 am

Ktron wrote:Can someone on this board tell me whats the difference between Ime and Allison vs. Jeannie Buss and Phil Jackson? 😳

the difference is that Jackson and Buss actually got together and Ime and Allison didn't.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:26 am

Ktron,

To answer your question, Phil Jackson had more titles.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:54 am

It's all very sad because I really liked Ime.  And still do.    Boston will do what is written on the wall and work out a buyout or something.  But Ime won't be coming back.  The suspension is just the initial action to begin righting the ship.  You're talking millions of dollars, contracts, lawyers, livelihoods, etc. and those decisions aren't just made on the fly.  But He Gone.  Let's not kid ourselves. Like what's been said above, this is a Boston Celtics organization corporate issue.  Their call.  Their mess to clean up.  

Not sure why the organization went overboard with the one-year suspension so there must be more between the lines or in this case the sheets.  OK, worcester.  I'll stop if you stop!

All great analyses above.  Can always count on this site and its people to get to the core essence of the topic effectively and efficiently.  Nice job, guys and gal.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:55 am

Ktron wrote:
112288 wrote:If I was voting as part of the management group, I would vote to fire IME.  There are hundreds of millions of dollars at stake and to have your head coach screw up with something like this is putting the franchise at risk for many reasons.

First if the team flounders and does not do well during the season which costs them to not reach the finals you have a big loss of revenue not only during the regular season games but the playoff as well.  

Second loss of respect by players if he comes back next year.

YOUR FIRED!

He’s putting the franchise at risk? Tell me how please. If it’s a consensual relationship and they fire the coach behind petty s*** like that then the owners are putting the franchise at risk.  Also, players don’t care if the coach is getting booty. The players if anything can relate to it. They get it all the time

I will tell you.  Every corporation big and small has to have a corporate policy book on many issues including sexual harrasment or in appropriate behavior.  A company can have wide ranging policies but included in the policy book is state laws against descrimination and sxual misconduct.  Especially sexual misconduct.  And HR of any organization has strict policy to enforce state law or the corporation can be fined big time.

That being said, for the franchise there are big commitments of MONEY to improve a team.  They are long term 3-5 years to move a team from ok to a WINNER!    If it does not work, you cannot turn on a dime and correct it.  It is like a battleship it takes a mile to turn in the opposite direction.

You hire a head coach for serious money to mold a team into a winning team. It is like betting on a race horse to finish first, if he looses so does the franchise and you then have to start over. The frachise is also battling the CAP LINE, star player contracts which do not line up with each other. A wrong direction and poor team record can disrupt and send one player packing in free agency (Brown), and now you have to fill that stars position with another.

It also includes player roster. Who stays, who goes etc.  So big money is spent on player personal, advertising and promotion to do one thing -SELL TICKETS AND WIN!

The Celtic did that and were looking to spend MORE MONEY TO WIN IT ALL this year. Everything was set, and now you have no coach!  The house of cards just may tumble with an inexperienced interium coach and millions are at stake!

I also believe there is more to it then what appears as 2 consenting adults having an affair.  I think the relationship went wrong and the woman rprobably wanted to end it and had to reported it to HR.  I think she may want to sue.  I also believe the Celtics want to keep it quiet by offering a financial settlement with the woman, but first had to get IME out of the way by the suspension.  She cannot be fired or there would be a huge public law suit.  Also think again about IME coming back!  It would be awkward if she is working there and IME comes back.   Look for him to be bought out and the Celtics can turn the page on this mess.  

Now with an unknown coach, if they start poorly, ticket sales will drop and that = less revenue to feed a team payroll that is significantly over the CAP LIMIT.
It may prevent them from major trades or additions to the team and move into a wait and see position.  This spells opportunities lost for the Celtics.

Other than that, every thing is peachy creamy!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:37 am

Ok Dbrown. Ime gonna stop.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:33 am

Additional info:

Ime Udoka faces significant suspension by the Celtics??? - Page 3 Scree386

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:24 am

Damn!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:27 am

Here is his apology:

Ime Udoka faces significant suspension by the Celtics??? - Page 3 Scree387

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:40 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:48 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next