Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread)

+18
MDCelticsFan
RosalieTCeltics
tjmakz
Cooz
bobheckler
jeb
cowens/oldschool
rickdavisakaspike
gyso
NYCelt
beat
dbrown4
Outside
Sam
dboss
sinus007
bobc33
steve3344
22 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread) - Page 8 Empty Re: Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread)

Post by beat Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 am

Steve

Nice find on the OLD next to Duncans name

Would love the C's to be able to use it .................. and win!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread) - Page 8 Empty Re: Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread)

Post by steve3344 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:33 pm

beat wrote:Steve

Nice find on the OLD next to Duncans name

Would love the C's to be able to use it .................. and win!

beat

Beat - If you notice, they've since changed it to "Inactive." I'm assuming someone in charge wasn't too happy about the attempt at humor and decided to ixnay on the Old.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Steve

I did see it before they changed it. Geesh can't a stat keeper have any fun! I see the NBA.com site has a DND next to his name

I assume that means did not dress.....

must be he sat bare ass naked on the bench. And is old to boot

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:04 pm

SI.com says that the reason Duncan didn't play being listed as "Old" was because that's what Spurs coach Gregg Popovich put on his lineup card before the game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/extramustard/hotclicks/03/26/brooklyn-decker-tim-duncan-didnt-play-sunday-because-hes-old/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a3

Yet another reason why I like Popovich.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Outside wrote:SI.com says that the reason Duncan didn't play being listed as "Old" was because that's what Spurs coach Gregg Popovich put on his lineup card before the game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/extramustard/hotclicks/03/26/brooklyn-decker-tim-duncan-didnt-play-sunday-because-hes-old/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a3

Yet another reason why I like Popovich.

Wonder if Duncan knew about it before hand?

Betch Old Roger goodell in the No Fun League woudl fine him!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:27 pm

he's not gonna win the slam dunk contest:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201203/worlds-tallest-basketball-player-can-dunk-without-jumping

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Add another one to the all-too-familiar financial wreckage of former NBA stars:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/broke-sick-dennis-rodman-way-behind-child-support-184114367.html;_ylt=AnxRDUBU0kTJ7ZUz8Pm3WhK8vLYF

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:30 am

Andrew Bynum wants to be Rasheed Wallace:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlrNilF98l4yY5iIcT859OG8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_lakers_mike_brown_andrew_bynum_benching_032812

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Nobody bothered to mention this but Dwayne Wade clearly traveled (watch the FIRST highlight of it) on his 68-foot three pointer in the Heat loss to OKC on March 25th. He took three steps after his last dribble. I saw that on the replay during the game and spotted it immediately but no announcer mentioning anything about that, choosing instead to spend the entire time discussing whether he got it off in time (he did). But he also traveled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAKJ9Dl-k5I

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:20 am

Traveling? In the NBA? By a star? Impossible!
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 am

Big Baby has averaged 24.5 points and 13 rebounds a game for the two games he's subbed at center for Dwight Howard, out with back spasms. Never knew Baby had those kind of numbers in him. Congrats to the large infant. He actually had NINE offensive rebounds in Monday's game against Denver. Wow.

After a terrible start to the season Baby is now averaging 20.6 points and 12.2 rebounds his last five games. Shocking. If he could do that for five games why couldn't he do it for longer. If he played like that for us he never would have been traded. But he actually played worse for Orlando than he played for the C's up until a couple weeks ago. Now he's Super Baby.

Last edited by steve3344 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 am

Video: O.J. Mayo ran to the wrong basket:

In the third quarter of Saturday night's game between the Memphis Grizzlies and Dallas Mavericks, Zach Randolph and Vince Carter met for a jump ball near the Mavs basket. Randolph won the tip easily, and Quincy Pondexter and O.J. Mayo ran a few feet back to retrieve the ball. That's what it looked like, at least, until Mayo ran in the other direction thinking he had a clear breakaway for an easy dunk. Apparently he lost his bearings while the referees were setting up the jump.

See it (after the commercial):

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/video-o-j-mayo-ran-wrong-basket-203239779.html

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

[quote="steve3344"]Big Baby has averaged 24.5 points and 13 rebounds a game for the two games he's subbed at center for Dwight Howard, out with back spasms. Never knew Baby had those kind of numbers in him. Congrats to the large infant. He actually had NINE offensive rebounds in Monday's game against Denver. Wow.

After a terrible start to the season Baby is now averaging 20.6 points and 12.2 rebounds his last five games. Shocking. If he could do that for five games why couldn't he do it for longer. If he played like that for us he never would have been traded. But he actually played worse for Orlando than he played for the C's up until a couple weeks ago. Now he's Super Baby.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Maybe he has been playing himself into shape or something
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Now the announcers are saying he has matured...

funny how a run of 5 good games makes that happen.

And those same announcers thought that Tiger was "BACK" after winning the eastbyjesus invitational 2 weeks ago.

That lasted a long time too.

Lets see what BB does the next 5 games. Or when Howard returns.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:27 pm

He has some game but I do not think he has what it takes to bring it out on a consistent basis.

He could be a very solid reliable player I think but way too moody.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Who gives players "wet willies"? Delonte West does, apparently. Off his meds again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ko1kbwbIJd4

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:09 pm

bobheckler wrote:Who gives players "wet willies"? Delonte West does, apparently. Off his meds again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ko1kbwbIJd4

bob

bobh,

I saw that earlier, very odd. What was he thinking?

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm amazed the Jazz player didn't turn and punch Delonte in the face.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 pm

bobc33 wrote:I'm amazed the Jazz player didn't turn and punch Delonte in the face.

bobc

Gordon Hayward? He's more likely to sing accapella in high C than to start a fight DeMento West.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Will this surgery knock down his "street value", or will it enhance it (see last sentence)?

Dwight Howard will undergo back surgery on Friday morning in Los Angeles to repair a herniated disk.

The surgery will end his season and eliminate the possibility of his participation in the 2012 Summer Olympics.

"It hurts (emotionally)," Howard told ESPN the Magazine's Chris Broussard. "That's the first thing -- it hurts. And then with people saying and thinking I'm quitting on my team. This is a real issue. I tried to play through it and it just made my back worse."

Howard first complained of back problems in early March.

It wasn't until Los Angeles-based spine surgeon Dr. Robert Watkins examined him last week that the herniated disk was discovered.

Howard told Broussard he is not worried about any long-term ramifications from the surgery.

"The doctor said it's a one-inch incision," Howard told Broussard. "He said I can start rehab right away and be back to full contact in four months. So I'm not really concerned. If anything, I'll come back stronger."

The surgery will likely change the perception that Howard was sitting out in an attempt to have Stan Van Gundy replaced.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Holy Cow!

Did you see this elbow by Artest on Harden?

Don't expect to see him for a while. This is WAY over the top.

Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread) - Page 8 Watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eEG8DOSMMTw

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Jail time should be considered for a thug like him, and for a few clowns in the NHL who are targeting heads.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:40 pm

If you did that in any place other than a fighting/sports event you'd be thrown in jail for that.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:23 am

What was the league thinking? MWP will never change, unless it is a Star Trek: Mirror, Mirror thing.

Ron Artest wins 2010-11 NBA Citizenship Award

What a joke, the league looks really bad when this stuff happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next