Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread)

+18
MDCelticsFan
RosalieTCeltics
tjmakz
Cooz
bobheckler
jeb
cowens/oldschool
rickdavisakaspike
gyso
NYCelt
beat
dbrown4
Outside
Sam
dboss
sinus007
bobc33
steve3344
22 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread) - Page 14 Empty Re: Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread)

Post by bobc33 Sat May 02, 2015 10:16 pm

Game 7 another great game within 1 point in the 4th quarter and 25 lead changes so far!

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread) - Page 14 Empty Re: Random thoughts from around the league (An Onging Thread)

Post by bobc33 Sat May 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Great, great game coming down to the wire.

Doc spent the whole timeout telling his team we have to breath, we have to breath, we have to breath......

Amazing.

Tied with 30 seconds left.

31 lead changes, 15 ties.  Clips up by two with 13 seconds left.  Spurs ball.....

Duncan makes two free throws and tied again with 8 left.  Shame someone has to lose this series!

Chris Paul with a fantastic shot to go up two with 1 second left. OH MY,!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat May 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Clippers advance, one of the best 4th quarters of all time.  If you can somehow watch it on repeat do so!

Chris Paul pulled a hamstring early on yet came up huge. Matt Barnes can play on my team any day.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:32 am

Jeff Teague moves into parents' basement

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/jeff-teague-moves-into-parents-basement/ar-BBujDuJ?ocid=spartandhp

With Jeff Teague’s trade from Atlanta to Indiana, he has the opportunity to go home. His parents are from Indianapolis and still live there, and since Teague is one of the most frugal and cost-conscious NBA players even in this era when everyone is making insane money hand-over-fist, he’s moving into his parents’ basement for the next season.

In an interview with FOX Sports Radio in Indianapolis, he explained his decision as well as why he’s so spend-thrift:

“I bought a home here some years back, and when I re-signed back with Atlanta, I just decided that I was going to live in Atlanta. And I just gave the house to my mom and dad. And now, I sold my house in Atlanta, so I’m moving back. So now I’m gonna live in my old house with my mom and dad.”

He’ll be making $8 million next season with the Pacers, and seeing as his contract is up next summer when every free agent is going to be banking insane amounts of dough, even beyond the superstars, his salary is likely going up in the future. There’s also a good possibility of a long lockout in the future when no paychecks are coming, so this money could be useful for a rainy day or two… or more.

And for all of the stories circulating about how athletes don’t save their money, no one should be critical of a highly paid player who is doing the exact opposite. Well done Jeff Teague.

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:20 pm

News from 2 of our rivals, a current one and a historical one. The Cavs have named D. Wade starter over JR Smith. Sixers extend Embiid to the tune of 5/148M. To the first topic, even with Crowder and Lebron, they will be at least individually and on paper, a terrible defensive group. Love, Rose, and Wade will put them at a severe disadvantage against the top teams. While I don't think Smith will be a huge distraction by not starting, he is still unpredictable and a loose cannon. As far as the Sixers, they were between a rock and a hard place. Lock up a supreme talent early but take the risk of a career derailed by injury, or, he stays healthy, plays great, is miffed that the organization doesn't show him love with an extension and he walks after his RFA year. In a sense, the Sixers had to do what they did. All they can do now is hope the basketball gods are kind to them and the kid's injury history is just that.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Wizards lost to the 76s and they shot over 100 free throws.  I only watched the last couple minutes but evidently Simmons hit 15 of 29 as the Wizards employed Hack a Simmons.

Glad I didn’t watch the whole thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14