Sam Hauser

4 posters

Go down

Sam Hauser Empty Sam Hauser

Post by worcester Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:30 pm

Is it written somewhere in Sam's contract that he has to make four three-pointers in every game? After a slow start, he's hit 28 of 59 such attempts this year for 48.1%. Sure glad Brad and Joe had faith in him.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Sam Hauser Empty Re: Sam Hauser

Post by gyso Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:50 pm

Like this?

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:30 pm

Yes, gyso. Like that!
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:19 am

worcester,

The table is not complete yet.  There are for sure 8 seats available, maybe 9-10.  It just depends.  Last night vs. Knicks we only used 8 players.  

Doogie has taken the 6th seat, IMHBAO.  He's clear.  Now I reserve the right to kick one of the legs of his chair and make it wobbly if he comes out tomorrow and lays an egg against quality competition, but he's secure.  

Al and Peyton are still earning their seat.  Peyton seems to be doing everything else but scoring consistently.  Rebounding seems to be his joy.  He has to be the water bug and be always running and darting around in all directions.

I know none of us are big +/- fans but I noticed that even with Doogie out on the floor, his +/- was only +6 last night.  I say only because I'm comparing it to the starters who for the most part were all DD's.  Not saying that's bad.  Maybe that shows he needs to continue to work on his defense.  Al hasn't done much scoring-wise but I thought I heard his +/- has been off the charts positive.

Are there any stats on the +/- that just show all the bench vs. the starters?  Just curious.

We all like Doogie.  He's come around.  Just keep putting him in a position to succeed.  Not ready to officially call him Eddie, Jr....or maybe Sr., but it's coming.  On to Wednesday!  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:53 am

Just because Al is not scoring a ton does not mean he is not affecting the game. I believe he is a vital member of this team, earning his spot? I think he did that long ago, and has adjusted to coming off the bench well.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:07 am

Rosalie,

Not at all on Al. Hence his typically huge +/-. Right now we've just got to look at our bench slightly differently than just point producers first and everything else we'll worry about later on. Once they get all the pieces in place, look out. I dare say they may even rival the 2008 bench when all is said and done.

Everything is complementary right now. More puzzle piece than just one dimensional. Finding the right piece at the right time. The one major piece we've found so far is that when Doogie is hot, give him the dang ball in stride. He'll get you 4-5 from 3-ville. Pritch and Al have not yet defined themselves this season just yet.
You are correct. Al is playing with a lot of capital he's earned over the years. Doogie has defined his role as a 3-point marksman and is looking into defense as his next challenge. And he's getting noticed there now as well.

All looks good.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:16 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Just because Al is not scoring a ton does not mean he is not affecting the game.  I believe he is a vital member of this team, earning his spot?  I think he did that long ago, and has adjusted to coming off the bench well.  

Al sits firmly in the 6th seat. Half the time, he is called our sixth starter, so no worries.

Then, Hauser, Pritchard & Luke as 7, 8 and 9. Oshae can be 10, but no one beyond 9 is set at this time. We have the rest of the season to all the other players up and running, perhaps inject a few upgrades before the deadline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down