Sam Hauser

5 posters

Go down

Sam Hauser Empty Sam Hauser

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:23 pm

The Celtics have reportedly picked up Sam Hauser's option and the two sides are supposedly close to negotiating an extension
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Sam Hauser Empty Re: Sam Hauser

Post by dboss Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:42 pm

That is good news and it was expected.

The extension should be in the PP range. PP got 4/$30 million. Say 4/32
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:53 pm

What a great world these kids are living in. Went undrafted, signed almost right after the draft, spent time working on his game in Maine, came down to the big club, worked hard and earned a World's Championship. Now he will make money he could only dream about in college!!! I am happy for him. Looks like that new baby he and his wife are having will have a new pair of shoes!!! Or, should I say, sneakers!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:32 pm

When we won Game 5 and the Championship and Joe was given the microphone he said that the players "were the most important people".  Sam was standing to his right and slightly behind him, but he wasn't looking directly at him, he was facing straight ahead.  When Joe said that Sam side-eyed him with a small smile.

Sam has done QUITE well for himself.  Undrafted, as Rosalie pointed out, paid his dues in the G-League and now will get a well-deserved multi-year NBA contract.  I don't know how much it will be, none of us do, but I'm sure it'll be nice.  When the deal is finally announced I'll be intrigued to see whether we got a hometown discount or if he got what he would have gotten on the open market.  Either way I'm happy for the Hausers.  They've come a long way, the hard way.  Sam is an inspiration for every undrafted player, every player who was a 2nd round pick but signs a two-way or G-League contract so they can be front-and-center of opportunity.

Reports are that discussions about the extension will commence on July 9th.  I was under the impression the first day for that was July 6th, not 9th. There's a lot of stuff that can start happening over the next 2 weeks plus.

Per Masslive:

The Celtics will be eligible to extend Hauser for 140 percent of the estimated average league salary beginning on July 9 for up to four years. Boston could offer up to four years and $78 million for a full max extension for Hauser. The sharpshooter’s price tag is unexpected to be that high so it will be interesting to see if the two sides can find common ground in the coming weeks after a host of new contracts are signed around the league in free agency.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:37 pm

That's great news!

https://www.celticsblog.com/2024/6/29/24185692/report-boston-celtics-pick-up-team-option-on-sam-hauser-run-it-back

Report: Celtics pick up team option on Sam Hauser

While the Boston sharpshooter enters the final year of his contract, both sides are expected to pursue a new deal.

By Bill Sy@deliberatepix  Jun 29, 2024, 12:04pm EDT  10 Comments / 10 New

Sam Hauser Scree556

Entering the offseason, the champs had few options to remake their roster, but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right? In their first official move since the NBA Draft, the Boston Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach is reporting that the Celtics are picking up a $2.1 million team option on the final year of Sam Hauser with plans to pursue a new deal when sides can officially negotiate on July 9th.

As former CelticsBlogger and Spotrac’s Keith Smith points out, this was the most likely and “preferred path”:

Having Hauser for just $2.1 million this season would be a boon to the tax bill. He could then sign a four-year extension worth up to $80 million. (It won’t come in at that number. That’s simply the max Boston could give Hauser.)

There had been some skepticism about Hauser’s return because of the drafting of Baylor Scheierman out of Creighton, another sweet shooting forward joining the team on a team-friendly deal. However, Hauser is arguably one of Boston’s biggest developmental success stories.

On Friday, President of Basketball Operations Brad Stevens said of Hauser, “I’m not going to get into the particulars with what decisions will make with each guy and their contracts, but I will say we want Hauser to be here for a long time.”

After signing a two-way contract with the team as an undrafted player in 2021, his deal was converted to a standard contract before the 2022 Finals run. Two years later, he was an integral part in raising Banner 18, averaging 8.2 points in 15.5 minutes per game against the Mavericks and making 11-of-23 threes in addition to being a solid defender.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:12 pm

Sam is a rotation guy so it is rather absurd that mass live would throw a $78 million figure out there for 'sharpshooters' and although Sam is a sharpshooter he is still limited in sharpshooting unless a teammate passes him the ball when he is open.

I can see Sam getting a bit more than PP.  Just to put that into perspective, PP average 18.7 MPG during 19 playoff games and 6.4 PPG.  Sam played only 14.9 MPG while averaging 5.4 PPG.  Their assists and rebounding numbers were pretty close as well.  Same during the regular season except Sam played a lot less minutes during the playoffs (22 regular season and 14.9 playoffs)

Fans should not overvalue players because the Celtics are positioned not to do that..  

If a team out there offered Sam 4/48 the Celtics would let him walk.   Again, keep in mind that he is a single position rotation player that will log around 20 mpg next season or maybe even less.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:29 am

What impressed me the most about Hauser this year was his defense and how much he improved on that end, there were games his outside shot was off; but because his defense was fundamentally correct, he still helped us. He also developed more ways to score and finish, adding layers to his game. Hauser is still young and should improve further and has some interesting competition for minutes coming from Jordan Walsh and the rookie Baylor this year. The team that is forcing other teams to load up on wings, like the Knicks to match up against us, is going to be even deeper at wing next year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down