RosalieTCeltics
pete
Matty
worcester
Sam
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Moments to Remember (An Ongoing Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Moments to Remember (An Ongoing Thread)

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:29 pm

BobC------Who is that handsome man pictured in your avitar???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Moments to Remember (An Ongoing Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Moments to Remember (An Ongoing Thread)

Post by Matty Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:28 am

Well....

heres a little backstory about "us"

her oldest sister (by 25 yrs or so) married into a family that had known both my parents families, on my mothers side since the early 1900's.. in fact her bro- in law and his family worked with my grandfathers and my moms stepdad and his dad subcontracted to eacth other quite often.

shortly after she was born the family had a party and i was in attendence, though about 4 yrs old at the time, so we've been around each other for 33 yrs now... when she was 12 i was working for her sisters husband and she also started to get to be good freinds with my sister... around that time i began to call her "kid" I still do.. Smile with one thing or another we were around each other quite a bit.

when i was 19 and her 15 i moved to new york and we became penpals for the next two yrs.. when she was 17 her dad put an end to it saying she was too young for as close as we were, since i came back to ohio regulerly.. told me if i wanted to date her i had to wait till she was 18...

in the meantime, i made a few foolish remarks to her and she decided I didnt care for her as much as she did me, and later got into a relationship with another guy..

i had a few chances to make things right and sort of blew it over the next year or so.. and she began to suspect i did love her as much as she did me, but this other dood ended up convincing her to marry him, i tried to talk her out of it, but it was too little to late..

they ended up marrying in 97, but we remained close freinds and even though i warned her it wouldnt last, was even a groomsmen in their wedding. I decided to wait for her, which i did for 5 yrs.. then sort of got interested in another girl.

Incidently, On Boston Globe boards my first handle was beccasBoy named after this second girl. But that ended tragically, and soon after, i found out the Kid's marriege was ending. Shortly after that i was visiting some freinds one day and they(and me) happened to be invited to her house shortly after they'd split up. Though i saw the rest of her family regulerly, and had seen her around, we hadnt said a word to each other in several yrs, from that day forward we talked almost daily...

well things got interesting again, I again did some stupid things, she found another guy, got engaged, realized she still loved me, broke it off, invited me to the grand canyon back in january, i moved out here months later and then, on wed. i proposed..

and not one person sho knows us is the slightest bit surprised... in the words of one of my best pals when i told him "about d@mn time"

next month we've already got the wedding planned already... and right now, im still in total shock, though about the luckiest guy in the world. More importantly though, she's awefully happy.. a couple i know once told me that when they got married their promise to each other was that, above all else, they would devote their lives to making each other happy, thats my goal now, to make her happy for the rest of our lives.

hopefully I'll succseed. Smile
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:38 am

This will be, for both of you, happily ever after. When you finally marry the person you are destined for only good things happen. I have known my husband since he sat beside me in the ninth grade! We went together for 81/2 years before we got married. HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

I love a good love story, much happiness to the both of you, she sounds like a keeper~~!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:56 am

Hey Matty,

Congrats!! Cool story!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:07 am

Congratulations Matty!!

That's great news!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2