Knicks @ Celtics Thursday April 11,2024

3 posters

Go down

Knicks @ Celtics Thursday April 11,2024 Empty Knicks @ Celtics Thursday April 11,2024

Post by dboss Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:41 pm

Time to call off dogs

Expect multiple DNP's for the 3 remaining home games.

Everybody wants to finish in the top 4 so that they have home court in the first round.

The Celtics do not have to win another game although I suspect 2 more wins. The Knicks have 2-3 dirty players on their team so I do not want our top guys getting knocked about for no good reason. The refs have swallowed their whistles. The Celtics will have ample opportunity to kick the crap out of the knicks if the knicks are matched up with them during the playoffs.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Knicks @ Celtics Thursday April 11,2024 Empty Re: Knicks @ Celtics Thursday April 11,2024

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:04 pm

Vegas is on board with your first two statements, dboss. BOS (-1.5). That's a tie and probably, given the opposite ends of the spectrum these two teams are on, a Vegas whisper number for a much needed Knicks victory. The Knicks have to win to stay out of 4th. We don't have to do jack. These are the games we can reek havoc if our bench goes apeshit. I'd prefer that but if we have to just show up tonight, I'm not going to freak out. For my lifetime, sans the late 60's and early 70's and a dust up in the 90's, the Knicks are the Knicks. They suck. Lipstick on a pig, ugly goes clear to the bone, can't teach an old dog new tricks, whatever you want to call them, they are, IMHBAO, the hapless Knicks until further notice.

It should be a competitive contest regardless given the cheap suit we folded up in MIL. We should be hungry regardless of who's playing. I may eve watch this one live!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Knicks @ Celtics Thursday April 11,2024 Empty Re: Knicks @ Celtics Thursday April 11,2024

Post by dboss Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:42 pm

I fully expect a scheduled loss tonight.  This is a B2B with the Hornets visiting tomorrow.

Give the bench extended playing time and no fretting about the score.  

The last few years the Celtics were not healthy.   This year we can write our own script.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:16 am

Well, it was a loss.  Nice to see we came back a considerable amount to make it look respectable.  I really hate, though, giving any team the slightest bit or amount of any hope against us.  Maybe that's what the comeback was all about.  Bench showed up and looks like they can improve our lead while the starters are out.  Very good to know.  This will get knocked down to treading water in the playoffs, which is good given our starting fire power.  Knicks appear desperate to avoid us until the ECF.  Why I have no idea.  Two games left, then about a week off for the play-in to play out.

db

P.S. Good news is we can literally count the number of home losses on one hand. NYK, MIL, LAL, DEN and LAC right?
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:53 am

Imagine being a fan who dished out whatever the disgusting prices they charge for seats and seeing that mess last night. When I buy a ticket, I buy it with the hope that the Celtics will at least try to win. They deserved to be booed. If they were working their butts off, and lost it would have been different. No excuses for a loss like that. They were sleep walking. Start the bench tonight, the hell with the starters
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:23 am

Yeah, Rosalie, my wife was saying the same thing. As long as that's out of their system starting next weekend, I'll be cool. What do you hope to see as our playoff trek? 16-0? (Love to see that!!) 16-12? I can't take another 2008 although that team went from worst to first and had never played in the playoffs together so 16-10 wasn't that bad.

Looks like either PHI or MIA to open, both teams we need to smoke. I hate to give any teams any hope at any time, but we've now let the Knicks and Bucks back in the room and handed them a full oxygen tank. Gotta hope they don't know how to operate it, someone strikes a match and it blows up in their proverbial faces.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down