cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
worcester
dboss
bobheckler
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NBA Draft June 26th - 27th 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA Draft June 26th - 27th 2024

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:00 pm

How about Kyle Filipowski - Duke center.  has solid all arounds skills.  Draftnet has the celtics drafting him at #30

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

NBA Draft June 26th - 27th 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA Draft June 26th - 27th 2024

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:06 pm

Please watch Filikowski's passing. really impressive
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:17 pm

https://lastwordonsports.com/basketball/2024/06/21/celtics-draft-workout-list-features-27-prospects/

MY NOTE:  The first round will be held this Wednesday, June 26th.  The second round will be held on Thursday, June 27th.

Celtics Draft Workout List Features 27 Prospects

June 21, 2024
Eamon Cassels, Editor

Ryan Dunn is one of the 27 prospects set to work out with the Celtics.

Fresh off winning an NBA championship the Celtics organization now shifts their focus onto the draft. With the 30th and 54th picks in the draft, the Celtics have a wide range of targets. According to HoopsHype the Celtics have conducted pre-draft workouts or are scheduled to with 27 prospects. Let’s dive into some standouts from this list and analyze their potential fit with the Celtics.

NBA Draft June 26th - 27th 2024 - Page 2 Screenshot-2024-06-20-at-3.21.19-PM-768x809

Celtics Draft Workout List Features 27 Prospects

Baylor Scheierman

Baylor Scheierman of Creighton offers elite wing shooting and high IQ play. At 23 he could make an immediate impact. Scherierman is a knockdown three-point shooter netting 38.1 percent of his threes on 8.3 attempts per game last season. He is a capable catch-and-shoot player who can also create his own shot and make plays for others. Furthermore, Scheierman is an elite rebounder for his position averaging nine rebounds per game last year. This skill set could allow Scheierman to play NBA minutes immediately making him a viable choice for the Celtics at 30.

Harrison Ingram

Harrison Ingram is a highly versatile defender with 3-and-D upside. At six-foot-eight 230 lbs, Ingram has the ideal build for an NBA wing. Additionally, Ingram impacts the game significantly as a rebounder and playmaker. The 21-year-old forward has the potential to provide an instant impact. Ingram shot 38 percent from three during his lone season at North Carolina however, he only shot 31 percent in his previous two college years at Stanford. Ingram’s NBA career might hinge on his jumper translating. Nevertheless, his impressive all-around game makes him very solid for the Celtics at pick 30.

Ryan Dunn

Ryan Dunn is an elite wing and perimeter defender. As a six-foot-eight wing, Dunn averaged an absurd 2.3 blocks and 1.3 steals. This ability to wreak havoc defensively while possessing incredible versatility makes Dunn one of the better defenders in the draft class. Dunn’s offensive game is still very raw. However, in a small defensive-oriented role with the Celtics and the possibility of developing into a rotational piece, Dunn is an exciting option.  

Dillon Jones

Dillon Jones is a versatile four-year forward out of Weber State. Notably, he is a strong finisher, high-level rebounder, and capable secondary playmaker. This well-rounded skill set makes Jones an intriguing option for the Celtics. Jones would be an ideal draft target for the Celtics as extra wing depth.

The Last Word

The Celtics don’t have a clear positional need; they are looking for players who could crack the rotation and make some solid contributions. This could be a guard or wing with different skill set to complement Payton Pritchard or Sam Hauser. Alternatively, they could target a big man as insurance for Kristaps Porzingis and Al Horford. However, given this workout list, it appears they are leaning wing in the first-round. The best case for their first-round pick is to find a player who could provide an Oshae Brissett-level role as a rookie and eventually develop into a larger role.

On another note, most of these 27 prospects are projected second-round picks. The four names mentioned are the most likely players to be selected in the first round. Pick projections aren’t the only thing to consider and the Celtics could certainly take a player outside of these four in the first round.

Alternatively, the Celtics could look to trade down as they did last year when Brad Stevens traded out of the first round to land Jordan Walsh.  In this scenario, the Celtics could land two second-round picks, along with future assets. Guards Antonio Reeves and Judah Mintz along with big men Jaylin Williams and Jesse Edwards are all names to watch for the Celtics in the second round.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:19 pm

Potential draft prospects for the Celtics.

https://share.newsbreak.com/7fcd1ggk
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:37 pm

A Bleacher Report article has Brad trading UP to #24 to take Kel'El Ware of Indiana.

Boston Celtics receive: No. 24 pick

New Orleans Pelicans receive: No. 30 pick, No. 54 pick and a 2026 second-round pick (via MIN, NOP, NYK or POR)

7' in bare feet, 230#, 7'4 1/2" wingspan, 9'4 1/2" standing reach, 33" vertical leap, 42.5% from 3.  Indiana Sophomore
Birthday 04/20/04 (20.2 yrs)
Hometown North Little Rock, AR
High School North Little Rock

Athleticism - 8
Size - 9
Defense - 8
Strength - 8
Quickness - 7
Leadership - 6
Jump Shot - 8
NBA Ready -7
Rebounding - 9
Potential - 8
Post Skills - 7

Analysis

NBA Comparison: Jarrett Allen

Strengths: Supremely talented bigman with prototypical size, length and athleticism for the NBA center position … Shows a great deal of upside with the ability to impact the game at both ends of the floor … Excellent fluidity and coordination for a bigman … Averaged 42% from three as a sophomore. granted he only made 17-40 shots over the season, but still an encouraging statistic for a 7-footer … Shows very good form on his shot … Effective catch and shoot guy with range out to college three, he has the potential to become a three point threat and floor spacer at the next level, giving him added value …  Became a much more effective scorer in the paint adding efficiency (Shows good hands, catching the ball and grabbing boards … Shows an effective turnaround jumper … Has the basics down as a bigman than can defend in space, protect the rim as well as effectively play in the post … Very strong rebounder, at 10 per game, showing solid fundamentals and understanding of positioning and boxing out … An explosive athlete with rim running ability … Added solid strength to his body from his sophomore year, 230 lbs and should naturally fill out and add another 15-20 lbs as he hits his early to mid 20s … Very good leg and core strength and shows good ability and willingness to fight for position in the post … Very solid improvement from freshman season with a near 10 point jump in scoring from 6.6 to 15.9 ppg … 1.9 blocks per game, he has a massive frame at 7-1 with a 7-4 wingspan and also has very good leaping ability with a 36 inch vertical … NBA Combine shuttle numbers showed that he has amazing foot speed with a sub 11 second lane agility run which was better than many of the wings … Despite shooting 63% as a sophomore and 66% in his college career, shows excellent form on shot and can easily develop into an 80% FT shooter at the NBA level … Solid but not great passer, he can find the open man cutting and get himself out of double teams, but not a guy you can expect to run plays through … Can be successful if given the right role with the right teammates, preferably a great passing lead guard …

Weaknesses: Productive numbers but with his talent level, one might question whether he has underachieved some at the college level … Did not establish himself as a go-to offensive threat … Doesn’t really look to create offense yet or given much opportunity, and scores mainly on the block or on rim runs and garbage buckets on put backs … 16 ppg suggests he can score, but perhaps lacks an aggressive scorer’s mentality …. Questions remain regarding his determination and focus. Is he truly dedicated to being the best version of himself, or does he not have the drive to become a great player? … Limited creating off the bounce when facing the basket … Very laid back demeanor, often looking somewhat low energy and lethargic … He figures to be a player that will be somewhat dependent on the right situation …  Decision making can be frustrating at times, 1.6 turnovers per game versus 1.5 assists … Doesn’t always show great anticipation, particularly on the defensive end where he can be slow to react to opponents attacking the basket and getting by him … Free throw shooting went backwards from FR season, dropping from 71% to 63% … Shot blocking didn’t nearly see the double that his minutes did (going from 1.3 to 1.9 as a sophomore, the shot blocking upside is there, but could be more impactful … Not a vocal or emotional leader, should look to become more assertive and vocal on the court …

Outlook: Came into college along with Derrick Lively, rated similarly (top 10),  so he will probably always get compared to him, and could find similar success if put in a similarly ideal situation at NBA level … Born on 4/20, so having recently turned 20 years of age, he still has a great deal of potential … With much better mobility and similar skills, the upside is there for him to be every bit as good as a player being hyped as a possible top 5 pick in Donovan Clingan … Ware figures to be draft somewhere in the late lottery / mid-first round, as a player with considerable upside but still somewhat of a project …

Notes: Native of North Little Rock, Arkansas … Played freshman season at Oregon before transferring to Indiana for sophomore year … Measured: 6′ 11.75” barefoot, 230 lbs, 7′ 4.50” wingspan, 9′ 4.50” standing reach, 32.5 standing vert,  36 max vert at the 2024 NBA Draft Combine …

Bob
MY NOTE:  Jarrett Allen, with a 3pt shot.  Brad has never traded up.  At 24 Edey, and Missi are off the board.  I think Filipkowski is still available but Zach Buckley has Brad taking Ware instead.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:28 pm

I like solid, tall, and fast (Ware) over tall, talented and thin (Fipski) but would be happy if we got either.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:37 am

If this is all it takes to get Ware:

Boston Celtics receive: No. 24 pick

New Orleans Pelicans receive: No. 30 pick, No. 54 pick and a 2026 second-round pick (via MIN, NOP, NYK or POR)

We have the coaching staff and positive culture to support his development.  We also can show him the direct results of hard work with plenty of examples to go by.  He doesn't have to be "the guy", not now not ever.  

If he is a three-point shooting solid defending pogo-stick that needs some direction, it may be worth taking a look by the coaching staff.  He is not in the list BobH posted (above), so maybe the coaches think it is too far of a reach to get him from where we are at, or they would prefer not to reach for him at all.

He does sound interesting, but so did Sully and Melo at the time, both taken in the same area in the first round and both failed to provide any long-term playability.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:02 am

Ware would be a reasonable pick IMO. I think there is a good chance he’s still available at number 30. Trading up a few spots, especially as far as #24, would probably lock him up. If the deal was at a reasonable cost, like our two picks, that would seem a fair price for what could be more depth in the frontcourt.

Scheierman’s name comes up often, tied to the Celtics in mocks. Likely to be a fair NBA player, I just think we need bigs more.

I’m not at all impressed with that workout list posted above. Once again, Brad failed to ask for an opinion from Sam’s Forum. OK, yeah, that’s most likely a really good sign.

Last edited by NYCelt on Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:07 am

I agree that a 4/5 is what we need. KP is always going to be injury prone. The guy has a big heart, but he's just prone to injury in his lower body. I'm thrilled Al is coming back, but probably just has one or two years at a high level of play. Queta looks good, but never will be three point threat. Luke will probably sign elsewhere, and as much as grew to appreciate him, he's not a long term answer. The kid from Duke is interesting. He's got a lot of skills, but needs to get stronger. If Brad thinks this Ware has the potential that's good enough for me. If there isn't a 4/5 that looks promising I like Scheierman from Creighton. He's a terrific shooter and a good all around player. There is a good chance we will not be able to sign Sam next year. This guy is a very similar player.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:05 pm

Here is my center wish list

1.  Kel'el Ware
2.  Kyle Filipowski
3.  DaRon Holmes

Ware is a clear favorite for me.  High level above the rim athleticism and a developing 3 point shot (has a smooth stroke)  He looks like a dominant center down the road.

Kyle is a high energy guy from a great program.  He is not great at any one thing but has all around skills and a high octane motor.  I think he has the best passing skills of these centers.

Holmes at 6' 9"  looks like a 4/5.   He has the best off the bounce ability to get to the rim.  A bit TOV prone.  he is another high energy guy.

All 3 of these centers can stretch the floor so there is upside for all of them to fit into the Celtics pace and space offense.

You are not getting Ware unless you trade up in the draft.  However if you can draft any of these 3 bigs you will have upgraded your center position.

If the Celtics really want Ware, I think they will need to move up to #21.  

Teams below the Celtics will be looking to find a wing scorer because you really cannot compete with the Celtics unless you have quality wings.

Moving up will be difficult.  The knicks have the 24th and 25th pick.  I do not see the Knicks doing anything to help the Celtics and you cannot blame them for that.

I'm thinking a trade with NOLA could work.   In any event, you are unlikely to get a quality center at #30.  Brad has draft assets to make a move up the board.  As we have seen, he is not afraid to make bold moves.  We could actually see a multi-move up the board.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:48 pm

dboss, my thoughts exactltly.
Badabing
Bang
Boom

Ware
Filipowski
Holmes
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:21 pm

Oh boy... now leaning more towards Holmes at 2 on my list.  He is really  4/5. Could probably thrive as a small ball 5 or play the 4 spot.  However level of competition at Dayton was not great.  

Really like Ware on defense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:34 pm

My thoughts, based on Brad’s last few years, I will defer to him.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:39 pm

pete wrote:My thoughts, based on Brad’s last few years, I will defer to him.

Pete

pretend we are Brad Stevens.

What would we be most concerned about going into the 2024-25 season?

Kristaps Porzingis
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:51 pm

Dboss, totally agree
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:09 pm

I just looked at Al's stats for the past few years and for his career. The dude has been freakin' awesome. Awesome.

To start, look at his 3 point % for the past two years: .446 and .419.

The rest of his numbers shine too. This year, THIS YEAR - his 17th season, his EFG% was .511, his 3 pt. % was .419, his frito % was .867

He's been a rare talent.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/horfoal01.html
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:27 pm

dboss wrote:Here is my center wish list

1.  Kel'el Ware
2.  Kyle Filipowski
3.  DaRon Holmes

Ware is a clear favorite for me.  High level above the rim athleticism and a developing 3 point shot (has a smooth stroke)  He looks like a dominant center down the road.

Kyle is a high energy guy from a great program.  He is not great at any one thing but has all around skills and a high octane motor.  I think he has the best passing skills of these centers.

Holmes at 6' 9"  looks like a 4/5.   He has the best off the bounce ability to get to the rim.  A bit TOV prone.  he is another high energy guy.

All 3 of these centers can stretch the floor so there is upside for all of them to fit into the Celtics pace and space offense.

You are not getting Ware unless you trade up in the draft.  However if you can draft any of these 3 bigs you will have upgraded your center position.

If the Celtics really want Ware, I think they will need to move up to #21.  

Teams below the Celtics will be looking to find a wing scorer because you really cannot compete with the Celtics unless you have quality wings.

Moving up will be difficult.  The knicks have the 24th and 25th pick.  I do not see the Knicks doing anything to help the Celtics and you cannot blame them for that.

I'm thinking a trade with NOLA could work.   In any event, you are unlikely to get a quality center at #30.  Brad has draft assets to make a move up the board.  As we have seen, he is not afraid to make bold moves.  We could actually see a multi-move up the board.

Yes, 3 bigs that could add some depth and pitch relief during inevitable down time for Porzingis and Horford. Holmes is more of an NBA PF, Filipowski and Ware will be Cs. I think Holmes could be an NBA starter as a PF down the road in the right situation.

I think all three go in the top 25, with a chance Ware drops farther to 30, so a deal is needed. Something slightly more than just draft picks is my guess.

If we don’t trade up, and a big or two is the true mission, we could be looking at players like Adem Bona and Oso Ighodaro. Neither is as well rounded as the other three, but both could probably offer enough help to offset any issues that arise with Porzingis and Horford.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:01 am

I looked at 7 different mock drafts (hardly a scientific rendering)  However the average draft position for Filipowski and Holmes was 25.

Ware came in at 19  Ware is an elite shot blocker.  

I think a first and a 2nd rounder this year and maybe a 2nd next year would get us up to 25.  However with the NYK holding B2B picks at 24 and 25 good luck trying to entice them to make a trade with the Celtics.

I saw a CBS mock that has us taking Tyler Smith at 30  (G-League Ignite) 6' 9" forward

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:47 am

Good thoughts on KP.  No one wanted to say it but it needs to be said.  KP needs to have a season coming up like AD just had for LOL, but nowhere near that team's results.  The critics were wailing on AD for his whole career for all the games he missed due to injury up until last year.  Then he shut those critics up but was on a really crappy team that in the end could not find their proverbial asses with both hands.

Wednesday looks and sounds like a very interesting day for Boston!!  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm

Correction: On the G-League Ignite page Tyler Smith is listed at 6' 11" . He really does not look that tall on the videos I watched.

If he is there at 30 I think Boston should draft him. I would really like for the Celtics to draft a center that you could project down the road as a starter. The only one in range that I really like is Ware. If you cannot find the right center, I think you go with the best available PF. I have been craving for a long athletic PF for a while. That is one reason why I like Holmes out of Dayton. However, after watching Smith I like him better as a stretch 4.

Behind the scenes the Celtics have intel on all these prospects. Us fans are not privy to that information which impacts their decision making.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:38 pm

Evan Sidery: Pacome Dadiet, one of the youngest prospects in the draft, is conducting pre-draft visits with the following teams, per @DraftExpress (espn.com/nba/insider/st…): Bucks Celtics Heat Jazz Magic Nets Sixers Spurs The 18-year-old French product is generating late first-round buzz. pic.twitter.com/aKsIKZ1fQp 2 days ago – via Twitter esidery

6'8", 185#.  6'9" wingspan.  31.1% from 3.

A late 2nd round draft-and-stash, at best.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:57 pm

Per Hoopshype:

30. Boston: Jaylon Tyson

NBA Draft June 26th - 27th 2024 - Page 2 USATSI_22766235
Stephen R. Sylvanie-USA TODAY Sports

(California: Guard, Junior, 6-7)

Previous rank: 31 (+1) / Best rank: 20 / Worst rank: NR

Rival NBA executives believe Boston is open to trading the No. 30 overall pick.

Should Boston keep this pick and add a potential rotation player for the future, Jaylon Tyson can provide an offensive spark off the bench and contribute to any NBA team as a three-level scorer who can make plays for others and has matured after attending three schools in as many college seasons.

“I was a top recruit coming out of high school,” Tyson said at the NBA Draft Combine. “Once I didn’t see the floor as an 18 or 19-year-old, it hurt my mental and my ego. I had to step back and dig into who I was. Now that I’m older, I get to look back, and that made me a better man. I don’t know if I’d be sitting here if I didn’t go through those experiences.”

As previously noted in a recent mock draft, Tyson has drawn comparisons to Caleb Martin.

2023-24 stats:

In 2023-24, Tyson averaged 19.6 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 0.5 blocks, and 1.2 steals per game. He shot 46.5 percent from the field, 36.0 percent from three, and 79.4 percent from the foul line.

Strengths:

* Ideal measurements for the NBA at 6-7 with long arms

* Utilizes power and ability to absorb contact effectively

* Projected to play as a shooting guard or small forward, with potential to fill in as a small ball power forward

* Solid lateral quickness on the perimeter and vertical athleticism near the rim

* Excels as a spot-up shooter and off-ball player

* Displays above-average passing skills with occasional flashy passes

* High basketball IQ and keen situational awareness

* Excellent off-ball movement and cutting ability

* Shot-ready and quick release

* Versatile player who can blend into any offense

Weaknesses:
* Falls short of being labeled a defensive stopper

* Tends to commit reckless turnovers by attempting difficult passes

* Struggles at times with decision-making and can get too cute off the dribble

* Lack of an explosive first step makes him susceptible to defenders stripping the ball

* Offensive game reliant on volume shooting in college may not translate to the pros

Scotto's draft notes:
“Tyson is a Swiss Army knife type of player who has good size and shows potential to be a two-way player on both sides of the ball while doing everything,” an NBA executive told HoopsHype.

Bob
MY NOTE:  If this is what's available @ #30 then I say "trade out".  It makes no sense to me for a team over the 2nd apron to be drafting marginal projects to 4-5 year guaranteed deals.  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:01 pm

dboss wrote:I looked at 7 different mock drafts (hardly a scientific rendering)  However the average draft position for Filipowski and Holmes was 25.

Ware came in at 19  Ware is an elite shot blocker.  

I think a first and a 2nd rounder this year and maybe a 2nd next year would get us up to 25.  However with the NYK holding B2B picks at 24 and 25 good luck trying to entice them to make a trade with the Celtics.

I saw a CBS mock that has us taking Tyler Smith at 30  (G-League Ignite) 6' 9" forward

Per Hoopshype:

29. Utah: Tyler Smith

NBA Draft June 26th - 27th 2024 - Page 2 1664733840
Ethan Miller/Getty Images

(Ignite: Forward, G League, 6-11)

Previous rank: 26 (-3) / Best rank: 11 / Worst rank: 39

Some NBA talent evaluators quietly believed Tyler Smith could become the best NBA player of the G League Ignite’s three stars, including Matas Buzelis and Ron Holland when speaking with HoopsHype at the G League Showcase in December.

Those talent evaluators believe Smith needs a veteran culture to help nurture his development and maximize his eventual upside.

Smith, at worst, has a chance to be a stretch forward in the NBA for a long time, given his lefty stroke from beyond the arc and size.

At his best, he’s drawn comparisons to Timberwolves Sixth Man of the Year Naz Reid by multiple NBA scouts for his ability to create for himself off the dribble, spread the floor, and athleticism at his size, as noted in a previous HoopsHype aggregate mock draft.

2004 | 6’11 | 7’1 WS | 226 LBS

Team: G League Ignite

Agent: Bill Duffy

Best aggregate mock draft rank: 9 / Worst rank: NR

2023-24 stats:

In 2023-24, Smith averaged 13.4 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.1 blocks, and 1.4 steals per game. He shot 48.1 percent from the field, 36.4 percent from three, and 56.0 percent from the foul line.

Strengths:

* Impressive physique for a versatile modern big, standing at 6-11 with a 7-foot-1 wingspan

* Exceptional athleticism and fluidity for his size

* Smooth power forward with flashes of wing skills in his game

* Fantastic movement both on and off the ball

* Solid slasher and cutter, excels at finishing above the rim

* Clean jump shot with repeatable form, shooting 36.7 percent from three

* Capable of handling the ball and initiating fast breaks after grabbing rebounds

* Switchable defender with the ability to guard multiple positions

* Shows potential as a weak-side rim protector and contesting shots at the rim

Weaknesses:

* Still raw and developing, upside depends on improving swing skills, defense, rebounding, and shot creation

* Defensive intensity and rebounding need improvement, lacks composure and understanding of team defensive schemes

* Not a great playmaker for himself or others, more effective as a connector than a primary creator

* Size and athleticism may limit him from being a true combo forward or a full-time center, is a tweener

Scotto's Draft Notes:

“Smith can be a role player off the bench in his second year,” an NBA executive told HoopsHype. “Relatively speaking, he’s been the most impactful and productive guy outside of Ron Holland on G League Ignite. In some cases, he’s been the most consistent on Ignite. He can make shots. He’s big. He’s not a very good athlete or switcher right now. He’s got tight hips, so he’s got to be able to sit down and move laterally better than he has. I think he’s what NBA teams need. He’s that four that you can put out there with other players and space the floor. Hopefully, he can knock down enough shots, drive on closeouts and get to the rim. He fits better with a team that’s already well put together. If you put him in a situation where you’re trying to make him make plays, that’s the opposite of what you want him to do at this point in his development. He can make a lot of money being a rotation player as a sixth or seventh man on an NBA team.”

“I think Smith is going to be the best Ignite player when it’s all said and done,” an NBA scout told HoopsHype.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:54 pm

The first round begins tomorrow @ 8pm EDT/5pm for those of us who like nice weather year-round.   Very Happy

It will be on ABC and ESPN, so the actual start time will probably be around 8:45 (just kidding, but it is a network airing so there will be TONS of commercials and hype about the likely lottery picks).

Consensus mock draft picks as of today:

nbadraft.net - #30, Pacome Dadiet, 6'8", 210#, International; #55, Adem Bona, 6'9", 245#, UCLA
USA Today - #30, Baylor Scheierman, 6'7", 215#, Creighton
The Ringer - #30, Terrence Shannon, 6'6", 225#, Illinois;
ESPN - #30, Pacome Dadiet;
Yahoo Sports - #30, Baylor Scheierman, Creighton; #55, Oso Ighodaro, 6'11", 235#, Marquette

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:31 pm

John Karalis @John_Karalis
about 46 minutes ago
Just so people know what the Celtics are getting into on draft night (s) - The 30th overall pick is guaranteed money. When you add the tax, Boston will be spending more than $9 million on that pick (depends on what they do w/Hauser, Kornet, end of bench) I could be wrong, but I

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 5 hours ago
Brad Stevens on the depth of the draft: “The advancement of NIL and how out of control that’s gotten has really impacted the late 40s and 50s.” Noted a lot of players have stayed in school because they’re making more off NIL than a 2 way deal, which is what most players after 45

Bob
MY NOTE:  "NIL" stands for "Name, Image, Likeness".  When college athletes' names, images or likenesses are used for social media or commercials they can earn money they cannot make from the college or alumni directly and is more than they'd make on G-league or two-way contracts.  Therefore it makes more sense for late first and second round picks to stay in school.  They make more money than if they come out and they have a chance to move up in the draft in future years.  I'm a fan of this.  I think players have been coming out too young.  It diluted the quality of the players in the league and they weren't ready to compete against grown-ass men.  On the other hand it's hard to deny people a chance at life-changing money.  With NIL they can make enough money to justify staying in school, play more years, get more seasoned, build out their bodies and be ready to compete more quickly if they play professional ball just about anywhere in the world.  We the fans don't get to see 19 year olds get their brains beat in by NBA studs but I'm ok with that.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next