dbrown4
CorkyM
dboss
bobheckler
gyso
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:21 pm

Not so sure Cowens, would not want to be flattened by Jrue. He is a bull!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals - Page 3 Empty Re: Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals

Post by bigpygme Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:29 pm

So Luka is playing tonight anyway.
Of course.
With the bum knee and the wonky ankle, another injury, a little contusion (I've had a couple and they didn't feel Little, or like "just a bruise" either) anyway, one more thing wasn't going to keep him out.

And, not to beat a dead horse - because I'm clearly above that sort of thing - but I won't be surprised if we see some overlap of Big Al with KP again tonight. Because, in spite of what ESPN said they expected to happen to Al's playing time ["It's easy to overlook Horford's importance for the Celtics, seeing as the 38-year-old averages under 10 points per game and will be bumped out of the starting lineup as soon as Kristaps Porziņģis is healthy enough to return to action"], pairing them was very effective in Game 1.

I liked dbrown's comment a lot too - that "There is flexibility with who has the reins and when".
These guys play like they know that. They know they can. That Mazzula expects them to.
He gets it.

I'd thought 6 games. Not anymore.
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:19 pm

It is being reported that Luka has a right knee sprain, left ankle soreness and a thoracic contusion (aka "a chest bruise").  This makes what he's doing even more amazing, he has no "good side" he can push off on.  If he cuts right his left ankle will protest and if he cuts left his right knee may buckle.  And yet...

Having given him his well-deserved flowers I say we need to get the ball to whomever Luka is guarding and have them put a move on him.  Force him to move his feet laterally.  The Mavericks' defense isn't good.  They were 20th last year, giving up 115.6ppg.  Luka's Defensive Rating (which is slightly different since DefRtg is normalized to /100 possessions) was 113.  So, surprisingly, he's a better defender than his team as a whole but he's still mediocre.  For comparison sake the Boston Celtics, as a team, gave up 109.2ppg last year.

My point is that Luka's a good but not great defender when healthy, and he's not healthy.  Go at him.  Injuries like sprains don't get a chance to heal when you've got at most 3 days off before the next game.  Force him to exacerbate his injuries, wear his ankles and knees down.  I certainly don't want any permanent injury to Luka but I do want his body to increasingly fail him over the next 2-5 games and the way to do that, I am convinced, is to isolate him, especially when we are on offense.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:31 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2024/06/joe-mazzulla-chess-move-propels-celtics-to-game-2-win-vs-mavs-robb.html

Joe Mazzulla chess move propels Celtics to Game 2 win vs. Mavs

Updated: Jun. 10, 2024, 8:14 a.m.|Published: Jun. 10, 2024, 7:00 a.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

BOSTON — It did not take long for Jason Kidd to turn to a move that wreaked of desperation in the NBA Finals with his “best player” comment about Jaylen Brown before Game 2. The eye-opening comment gave pundits plenty to gossip over during the past 24 hours but masked a troubling reality for Dallas. Kidd and the Mavericks needed Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown to return to their old bad habits after a Game 1 win or they were going to be in trouble in this series.

The mind games did not work and the on-court adjustments were not successful for Dallas in Game 2, simply because there weren’t many good ones for Dallas to make. Even after one of Boston’s worst 3-point shooting nights of the season, the Mavericks couldn’t break through. Instead, the lack of an impressive supporting cast around Luka Doncic stood out Sunday night and that includes Kyrie Irving so far in this series.

While Kidd has tried to play mind games, Joe Mazzulla is winning the head-to-head battle on the floor in this series from a tactical standpoint, making one key adjustment to take away one of the Mavericks’ biggest strengths.

The Mavericks had some of the best rim protection in the NBA playoffs this postseason entering the Finals, thanks to the front court of Derek Lively and Daniel Gafford. The team had allowed just 59 percent shooting at the rim through the first three rounds of the playoffs.

However, that strength has vanished immediately against the Celtics in this series. Boston went 15-of-15 from the restricted area in Game 1 and the team doubled down on getting to the rim in Game 2, knocking down 74 percent of their shots at the rim (20-of-27) with a sharp increase in attempts. Through the regular season, the best team in the NBA at finishing at the rim (the Bucks) knocked down 70 percent of their attempts. Boston has gone well above that mark, knocking down their rim shots at a 83 percent clip through two games against the Mavericks.

So how exactly are Joe Mazzulla and his staff game planning to have the Celtics pick apart a Mavericks defense on the interior to a degree that they were able to withstand a miserable 3-point shooting night (25 percent in Game 2)? It all comes down to one interesting tweak.

Normally, a non-shooting center plays by the dunker spot on the block (just outside the paint). With Al Horford and Kristaps Porzingis both serving as stretch shooters, Boston has had the ability to play a five-out offense all year long to maximize spacing and keep rim protectors out of the paint.

Mazzulla has thrown a bit of a curveball in this series though offensively by electing to routinely place a guard, usually Jrue Holiday, in the traditional dunker spot. His presence has provided a reliable passing option for Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown on drives to the rim when the Mavericks have collapsed. However, the bigger plus from this change has been the fact it has put a subpar defender (usually Kyrie Irving) as the last line of defense for Dallas in the paint. Tatum and Brown have been able to blow by their individual defenders so much, they require help at the rim. The problem is the likes of Irving and PJ Washington don’t do much to slow Boston’s stars unless they are double teaming them.

With Gafford and Lively occupied on the perimeter or stuck making rotations after drive-and-kicks, easy dump off passes were awaiting Tatum (12 assists) and Brown (7 assists) all night at the rim, as Holiday (9-of-10 from 2-point range) feasted in the paint during his team-high 26 points.

Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals - Page 3 WANBWQ3HTJCAXM552NVSFXXFOE
Jrue Holiday Game 2 shot chartNBA

Tatum laid it out simply after the win.

“I mean, every time I’d take a couple dribbles, there was, like, three people were right there,” he said. “So we got a bunch of shooters on our team and guys that can space the floor. They kept leaving Jrue open. So it wasn’t like I had to do anything spectacular. It was just about finding the open guy.”

Kidd tried to lull Tatum into playing hero ball and the Celtics All-Star went the other way. Now, it’s unclear what Kidd and the Mavericks coaching staff can do to counter Mazzulla with Tatum holding this mindset. Dallas bigs are constantly pulled away from the rim against Boston and there’s no one they should feel safe helping off of. Throwing a center on Holiday in the dunker spot only creates more problems since it provides a size mismatch elsewhere on the floor for Boston while putting a big on a 40+ percent 3-point shooter.

With Boston managing to overcome a miserable shooting night on the perimeter and from Jayson Tatum overall, the Celtics look primed to put even more pressure on the Mavericks in Dallas while holding a 2-0 series lead with the unorthodox alignment having some staying power.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:01 am

Besides the obvious implications of a team that is ahead 2-0 in any series that wins G3, let's focus on the facts concerning what is going to happen tonight.  These tend to get covered up/overshadowed in the over-abundant positive DAL/EVERYTHING NEGATIVE HATE Boston narrative we have seen so far from the media. 

1.  Fact - This is the game of the series.  If you've watched any TV in the last week or so and can tolerate the media, DAL "has to" play better.  No, they don't.  And No, they won't.  Why?  They are simply playing against a far better, far superior team.  Do you think for one second Boston is going to lay an egg tonight (and Friday for that matter) and give DAL ANY hope?!  The story the media is avoiding is what happens tonight when Boston takes G3?  For all intents and purposes, this whole media/Celtic hating/JT hating parade/facade is finally over.  There's this huge, gaping whole in this ship but there's still a chance we can win bs finally sinks.  Dragging this on for any more than 4 games is stupid.  Actually, the more devastating outcome will be both Luka and Kryrie go apeshit and Boston wins in a landslide in spite of that.  That's a hard one not to think about an mortgage dboss's paycheck on.  

2.  Fact - Our road record is 6-0 and we are on a historic, record setting 9-0 playoff run.  Have you been watching JB and JT lately?  They are on a mission.  I haven't seen determination and laser focus like this since the 80's.  Do you honestly believe for one second those two are not going to put these two records out of reach and not end up 8-0 and 11-0 for the ages?  Yeah and don't forget the JH's, DW's, oh yeah, and the guy that wants this more than any of them combined Al Horford.  Really?  Come on, people.  

3.  Fact - Joe Mazzulla has been coaching his a$$ off and is light-years ahead of the supposely far better Kidd.  Jason Kidd can coach but he's just not that good up against a man who has the mental capacity and execution ability to reduce you and your team to a fine pulp.  And do it with a humble smile.   

Folks, here comes our next blowout administered to the Dallas Mavericks.  While DAL is fighting off the G2 taste in their mouths that this is a bad match-up for them, the loss by DAL of G3 and it's implications are far more devastating.  That conclusion is, well, we really do suck as currently constructed.  We have a bad team.  They won't realize this until a few days after the playoffs are over.   

Well, you may be asking, how are we going to pull that off?  Here's my two "surprise" picks for tonight.  JT and Doogie/Pritchard Combo.  Let's just go with the media's take so far on these three.  These three guys have played atrociously, should probably be traded and/or have their union cards burned in effigy.  JT will score in bunches tonight.  He might be going to the free-throw line quite a lot.  But the DAL Whack-a-mole scouting report will miss Pritchard and Doogie going apeshit.  JT +30 with lots of rebounds and assists.  Looking at a Luka 3D.  Dooige and Pritch will come out firing and hitting.  At this point, DAL will ignore them because they would have left THAT scouting report back in the Boston hotel.  Between the 2 of them 30+ points as well and some stellar, Luka passing the ball into the stands, totally disruptive, annoying defense for the ages.  

Now, keep in mind with those three going off, JB will be doing JB things as to which we have become accustom to date.  No surprises or changes there.  DW will be Steady Eddie, whatever hole that needs to be filled I'm there.  JH & Co. will be torching Kryrie in yet another disappointing game for poor, I know I can play better, me, me, me Kryrie.  And don't forget Al the Anchor, I want this more than any of you summed together and squared.  Good luck putting up a Boston loss/DAL win on all that. 

Everything Coach Mazzulla has been working for is focused on and peaking in this game tonight.  The script could not have been written any better.  The Death Knell.  Celtics in a rout.  And yes, with or without KP.  

I just don't see any other alternative.         

Hallelujah.  Amen.  Get on board!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:25 am

I just want them to shut ……that fool who once had the audacity of putting on a Celtic uniform, up. He is doing a lot of yakking. Along with that loser Lively, who thinks he is a tough guy and has done zero in this series. Just shut them down, Luca will be Luca, get in his face a little, makes him work his tail off, by the 4th he will be out of breath.

This is not going to be easy, they are not only playing Dallas, they are playing the entire media out there. To hell with all of them, take one game, that is all I want, then come home and win it here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:33 am

https://hoopshype.com/2024/06/11/luka-doncic-received-a-pain-killing-injection-before-game-2-likely-to-get-another-shot-before-game-3/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=4865278

Tim MacMahon: Luka Doncic received a pain-killing injection before Game 2 to numb the area of his thoracic contusion, sources tell @malika_andrews and me. The expectation is that Doncic will get another shot before Game 3.
Source: Twitter @espn_macmahon

Bob
MY NOTE:  This was for his chest bruise.  A painkiller for a bruise?  Must be a real beaut because we know he's playing with two bad wheels.  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:46 am

NBA on ESPN

@ESPNNBA
Luka Doncic was blown by on 13 drives in Game 2, the most allowed by a player in the last 10 postseasons 😳

@chiney
breaks down how Luka and Kyrie can improve on both ends for Game 3 ✍

https://x.com/i/status/1800679999835353288

Bob
MY NOTE:  This is how we beat them.  Go at Luka on defense and pass out when they double to help him out.  Luka's body won't let him do offense AND defense, so make him work on one of them.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:47 am

still putting the ball in the hole though. he is the only reason they have a chance right now
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:49 am

By the 4th quarter that poor guy was on fumes.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:28 pm

Didn't the Mavs railroad that Chris Paul-led team a couple of years ago in the playoffs on their home court?  Yeah, get ready for that tonight to happen to you DAL.  You know what Karma is all about.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:48 pm

https://us.yahoo.com/sports/criticism-luka-doncic-mounting-mavericks-104811761.html

Criticism of Luka Doncic mounting with each Mavericks loss in NBA Finals

Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY
Updated Thu, June 13, 2024 at 8:23 AM PDT·3 min read

DALLAS – Luka Doncic fouled out of the Game 3 in the NBA Finals.

Here’s the problem: Doncic can’t foul out. Not in the Finals. Not with the game close late in the fourth quarter that Dallas ended up losing 106-99.

The Dallas Mavericks star is too valuable, too indispensable.

Doncic missed the final 4:12 of the fourth quarter after picking up his sixth and disqualifying foul with the Boston Celtics up 93-90. He picked up his fifth foul 26 seconds earlier and objected to the idea of getting six fouls. "You know, six fouls in the NBA Finals, basically I'm like, ‘C'mon, man. Better than that," he said.

But that’s irrelevant. The Mavs needed Doncic, who fouled out for just the third time in career, on the court, and he wasn’t. The Mavs were outscored 13-9 in those minutes without their All-NBA guard.

Criticism of Doncic, 25, is mounting with each Mavs loss in the Finals. They are down 3-0, and the Celtics can sweep the Mavs in Game 4 Friday (8:30 p.m. ET, ABC).

ESPN’s Brian Windhorst blasted Doncic, calling out his constant complaints about the officiating, his defensive shortcomings and an "unacceptable" performance in Game 3.

Now, Doncic is battling injuries. He was on the Game 3 injury report with a bruised chest and had been on the previous playoff injury reports with a sprained knee and ankle soreness. He’s a major reason the Mavs beat three 50-win teams in the Western Conference playoffs to reach the Finals.

He's All-NBA for a reason. His offensive talent is undeniable. But in his first Finals appearance, he’s learning what a different game it is – what’s required possession to possession on both ends of the court in the Finals.

Doncic’s stats in the Finals look OK: 29.7 points, 9.0 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 2.3 steals per game while shooting 47.3% from the field and 32.1% on 3-pointers. The Mavs need him to produce an inordinate amount of offensive production.

Drill down deeper and his numbers in the fourth quarter – two of the three games have been close – are unsatisfactory. He’s averaging 2.7 points and shooting 20% from the field (3-for-15) and 0% on 3-pointers (0-for-4).

He’s not the first star to struggle in a Finals debut. But it exposed how much improvement his game needs in these circumstances.

His frustration at officials and his defense are known issues. They're just more noticeable at this level. With all their offensive options, the Celtics are targeting Doncic. Boston's personnel creates advantages all over the court against Dallas, and Doncic is struggling to defend. Sometimes, the effort isn't even there as Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and Jrue Holiday drive past him with little resistance.

Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals - Page 3 18ac8537e942df19b950cca55115df77
Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic reacts to receiving his sixth foul during the fourth quarter of Game 3 of the 2024 NBA Finals.

"Yeah, he's definitely got a bull's-eye on his chest," Mavs coach Jason Kidd said. "He's got to be able to guard and understand that we're there to protect him and help him if he does get beat.

"Again, he's carrying a load offensively. They are putting him in every pick-and-roll and iso (isolations). He's got to be able to play the game where he can rest on offense and let others carry the load."

At this stage though, outside of Kyrie Irving, the Mavs don’t have the players to help Doncic offensively. At least against the Celtics.

"It's easy to point the finger at just him, say, you could be better. That's easy to say. I think he knows that," Irving said. "But, yeah, it's reiterating that I have his back. We all have his back."

The Celtics aren't strangers to playoff disappointments and the growth that comes from those losses. The hope is that Doncic realizes the changes he needs to make.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Just as Ray Allen learned when he was in Milwaukee and Seattle, you may be the #1 offensive option and you have to expend your energy on that end, but you also have to play defense if your team is to win.  Dallas doesn't have enough offensive balance to take the load off of Luka and they're not scrambling enough to prevent Joe from putting Luka on an island with one of the Js.  This isn't his fault, what Kyrie said was 100% right (and, btw, he was the weakest link in Luka's lack of support until last night) the front office needs to build out the team more for him, but right now that's what needs to happen and it doesn't help that he's physically limited.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:00 pm

Listened to Jason Kidd's post game presser.  He said that he played 11 guys because he was searching to find someone who can impact the game (not in those words) he also mentioned that his team was fatigued and that the Celtics wear you down mentally and physically.  Here is his full post game presser

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:07 pm

Luka is so very immature.

He could have been T's up multiple times last night. The refs are probably sick and tire of his yapping. He is cussing at his bench and in general not showing the level of leadership required to be really great.

Our guys especially JT should take note. Do not piss off the refs.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:09 pm

MY NOTE: This is from the Dallas-Ft Worth Star-Telegram, their equivalent of our Boston Globe, regarding Game 3. The dateline is yesterday at 8:35 PDT, which is after the game ended for us out here.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

The Dallas Mavericks will be on the wrong end of a historic NBA Finals for a 2nd time

Mac Engel
Wed, June 12, 2024 at 8:35 PM PDT·4 min read

Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals - Page 3 A598d52d47a32356391f2d32bc08c03f

The Dallas Mavericks will be on the wrong end of a historic NBA Finals for a 2nd time

Chris Torres/ctorres@star-telegram.com

Two weeks ago we here in North Texas had visions of a dual championship parade; the Dallas Stars celebrating their Stanley Cup, and the Dallas Mavericks partying with the NBA’s Larry O’ Brien trophy.

The Stars finished one round short of the Cup Finals, and the Mavericks appearance in these NBA Finals is all but over.

On Wednesday night, before an eager crowd desperate to cheer for anything to up and including the T-shirt cannon, the Mavericks were once again the inferior team as the Boston Celtics won, 106-99. The Celtics lead the series 3-0.

If you had to choose one word to describe the Mavericks performance in these Finals, “Barfbagish” works. So does “Embarrassing.” And then there is, “This is one of the worst NBA Finals ever.”

Game 4 is Friday night; the good news is that if you’re looking to attend an NBA Finals game, tickets on the secondary market should suddenly be “affordable.”

The Mavs nearly came back from a 21-point fourth quarter deficit in Game 3, and then Luka Doncic actually fouled out with a little more than three minutes remaining in the game. (One of Luka’s priorities this offseason will be to seek couples counseling with referees.)

“Six fouls in the NBA Finals?” Doncic said of the officiating. “Come on, man.”

It was the fourth time in his NBA career that he has fouled out of a game.

Kyrie Irving finally showed up in this series, and the Mavs did make a nice push to cut the deficit to one point late in the fourth quarter, but all of this should not fool anyone. This series is snoreout.

It will be remembered only because it’s forgettable.

One play in the second quarter of Game 3 is the perfect visual sequence to describe the Mavericks’ series against the Celtics: Doncic delivered the pretty alley-oop pass to a waiting Derek Lively, whose slam dunk attempt hit the back of the rim and bounced to the floor.

Some things are not meant to be. The Mavericks may have been ready for the NBA Finals, but they are not built to beat Boston. Boston is the best team in the NBA, and the Celtics will have earned this trophy.

Back this up; the Mavs weren’t ready for this. There have been multiple sequences in these Finals where the Mavs’ effort looks like something more appropriate for Game 33 of the regular season than a Game 3 of an NBA Finals.

Luka is the superstar with room to grow (up).

For the second time in their history, the Mavericks will be on the losing end of an NBA Finals that will be memorable for the wrong reasons.

In 2006, the Mavs led the Miami Heat 2-0 before pulling off a historic collapse. When the NBA Finals format was still in 2-3-2 (home/away/home), the Heat ripped off four straight wins and celebrated their trophy on the Mavericks home floor.

The Heat are one of five NBA teams to come back from an 0-2 hole to win a title.

In 2006, the Heat celebrated their NBA trophy all over the American Airlines Center arena, and nearly destroyed the visitor’s locker room with champagne.

“It’s not over til it’s over. You just gotta believe,” Doncic said. “It’s first to four.”

The Mavs had convinced themselves they could join the Heat to win a title after losing the first two NBA Finals games on the road.

As much of a blowout as this series has been on the scoreboard and the stat sheet, it’s worse in person. The home floor has nothing to do with anything. These teams could play in Mark Cuban’s basement, or in the middle of the Las Vegas Sands, and the Celtics would still kick the Mavs’ butts.

In case you’re wondering how many NBA teams have come back from an 0-3 deficit to win the NBA Finals, it’s ... something, like, 10. Wait, check that. The answer is zero.

In NBA playoff history, teams that take a 3-0 lead are 155-0. In the NBA Finals, they are 14-0.

There is one team to come back from an 0-3 hole to force a Game 7 in the NBA Finals. The 1951 New York Knicks trailed the Rochester Royals 0-3 and forced a Game 7 that they lost.

Maybe Mavs coach Jason Kidd can show some game footage of the ‘51 Knicks to inspire his team. Nothing else works.

The problems that hurt the Mavericks in Games 1 and 2 were present in Game 3. The Celtics have made the Mavs a one-on-five team; Kyrie and Luka combined for 62 points, but the Mavericks finished with 15 assists on 38 field goals.

No one has emerged as a reliable third scorer, and the role players have been out-classed by the Celtics other guys.

Kidd’s bench is confetti paper thin. The type of confetti paper that will likely fall on the Mavericks’ court on Friday night during the Celtics’ title celebration.

So much for the dual parade.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:30 pm

Wow, what a lashing. Hope this doesn’t embarrass them enough to change their game plan.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:30 pm

Pete What would they change it too??? The J's are still there, Holiday is still there, DWhite is still there.......They could tell Luca to just shut up and stop groaning so much, maybe. Do I think he will come back and have a big game? One of two ways to look at this, Yes, he will, or No he will take the night off (injury) I am tired of the defense of a guy who just wants to shoot and shoot and shoot, grab everybody he can, and complain when he gets caught. If the Celtics play their game Friday it is over. If not, we are back to Boston to win it all there. Sweep it now and get it over with I guess, much as I would love the fans to get the chance to see them win at home. I have said it previously, Luca is a great OFFENSIVE player. he acts like a petulant child at times and takes the easy way out playing defense by pushing, reaching and crying. On the big stage, his weaknesses have been exposed three games in a row
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:35 pm

Agree, there isn’t much they can do, however it could get them to dig deeper somehow.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:12 pm

Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals - Page 3 Img_3610

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:25 pm

The Mavs best chance of making this a competitive series was game 2 in Boston.  The Celtics shot poorly from deep (10/39)    Unfortunately for the Mavs they only managed to shoot (6/26)

The Celtics have had 2 respectable games shooting the 3 ball (Game 1 16/42 and Game 3 17/46)  the Mavs cannot win if they are unable to come close to our 3 point shooting.  

For the series, in 3 games, the Celtics are averaging 14.3 three point makes per game almost double the production of the Mavs who are averaging only 7.3 makes per game.

Overall the Celtics have played well enough to be up 3-0 but we still have not seen a signature game from them in the finals where they are clicking on all cylinders.   They were actually heading towards that signature performance in game 3 until,  for reasons I do not fully comprehend, they squandered a big lead by taking bad shots, turning the ball over and not defending at an elite level.  The Celtics still managed to right the ship and beat them out simply because the Celtics are the superior team in terms of both talent and experience.

The Celtics should be able to close them out tomorrow night.  

Tatum has yet to have an efficient night scoring the ball.  He is still taking too many ill advised 3 point shots.
In game 3 he shot 11-26 from the field.  That's 42.3%  Half of his FGA were 3 point shots where he went 4-13 or 30.7%    He is still settling for taking 3 point shots.  I would really like to see him drive more to the rim.  He was 7/13 on 2 pointers so why not be more selective in his shot attempts? The Celtics still shot the 3 ball very well because they are loaded with an impressive collection of 3 point shot makers.

When Dallas came back strong in game 3, the Celtics took it right to the edge before they turned off the tap water, shutting them down for good.

The Celtics will end this thing if they have the discipline to avoid letdowns and remain forceful and intense for 48 minutes.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:28 am

Nothing to argue with there, dboss.  Thanks for the G3 loan and double down.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:55 am

Jayson Tatum is seen during the games imploring Brown to be aggressive. No individual award is standing in the way of his goal of ultimate team success. “Man, I want everybody to be at their best. I want everybody to contribute. Winning will take care of everything,” Tatum told B/R. “Finals MVP or whatever, a champion is a champion. That’s the goal. I want for my teammates what I want for myself. I want everybody to shine. There’s enough attention for all of us. And so, I want everybody to give us theirs.”
Source: Bleacher Report

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:09 am

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:18 pm

Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
about 5 minutes ago
Joe Mazzulla said Kristaps Porzingis was involved in Boston’s walkthrough yesterday. He’ll need medical clearance to go tonight, but he’s going to test his leg pregame.

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
1 minute ago
Joe Mazzulla spun every single question today toward they have to win game 4 with details, mindset, and a bunch of other focus jargon. No interest in any other narrative.

John Karalis @John_Karalis
1 hour ago
Jayson Tatum on being a Celtic: "It's just an honor. It's a honor to wear this jersey. It's an honor to follow in the footsteps of some of the best players ever. Being a part of Celtics history entails that you've got to win a championship. Every kid growing up playing basketball

John Karalis @John_Karalis
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown on Joe Mazzulla: "Joe's mentality is fantastic. Even today, one of my favorite quotes he said today, he was like, there's no such thing as a foul (in a war). Either you survive or you don't. Just that resonates with me because I like stuff like that."

oston Celtics
@celtics
The association's top duo is now the top scoring duo in Celtics playoff history ☘

Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks 2024 NBA Finals - Page 3 GP_dWdfXEAErKe3?format=jpg

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:40 pm

That is AWESOME!!  

I probably should put these comments in a Pre-Game 4 thread, but this should suffice.  Just some thoughts going into tonight.

1.  With the status of KP uncertain, IMHBAO, it's going to be even more impossible to keep KP out of this game if even for a few Willis Reed moments regardless of his condition.  If he can come in again off the bench, hit a couple of 3's and back down mismatch twos and then head out, I'd like to see that personally.  I believe all in the Boston organization are overreacting to KP's plight/condition.  He's had another 48 hours off with round the clock treatment.  He's going to go tonight.  

2,  Jrue & Co. need to put Kryrie back in the cage tonight.  I even believe Kevin Durant of BKN had one reasonable game out of those 4 games we pummeled them in the playoffs a couple of years ago.  But only one. 

3.  Up the deluge of mental and physical torment and anguish on Luka to a truly unbearable level.  I know.  This is a lot to ask for but our guys are going to ask a lot of themselves tonight anyway to wrap this up in 4.  They're up for it.  Just watch.   

4.  A win by DAL tonight, even in a good close game, will give them the slightest bit of hope.  And then we would have to listen to 0-3 crap relentlessly and the door that has been surgically glued shut is now back wide open.  One can reasonably argue that DAL has gotten better from game to game.  That fire must be put out even before it begins, hence my leaning toward a blowout.  Boston fans care nothing about a G5.  They understand that the players will get far more out of an empty DAL G4 arena celebration and save everything for the celebration back home for the fans than taking our foot off the pedal tonight by any stretch of the imagination.  Jrue will take care of that motivational lapse it if happens at any time tonight. 

5.  I just don't see this team letting up.  I really don't.  They are acting completely differently.  They've closed that mental door behind them.  Too many of them are laser focused on the same goal.  They are just not going to lose it.  I wish as a potential finale that they will crush the crap out of DAL and the game be over by halftime to ultimately shut everyone's YAP but we only have to win by 1.  That's the beauty of Series Playoffs Basketball and I forget that sometimes.  Just win.  I don't care how you do it, Boston.  Just win.  Keep the undefeated streaks alive.  That's really cool!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next