jeb
RosalieTCeltics
babyskyhook
carpecarpium
Sam
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY - Page 2 Empty Re: POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY

Post by beat Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 am

Unless you were there and saw everything that happened why are so many here ready to can his ass?

He may have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Until I know more of the situation I'll tend to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I just wonder if we ever will get the facts or the story that may be put forth.

Certainly not the way we envisioned the season to start but the games will go on. At least there is no reason he cannot keep in decent shape as this will not effect running plus now he can practice with his other hand.

And perhaps we might see Williams emerge as a significant role player too.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY - Page 2 Empty Re: POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:00 am

It is probably for the better to a certain degree.

I am guessing he will mature with this incident, realizing that he is mortal and all that.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdLewisBias Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:02 am

I'm a little ticked about this and I'm sure Doc/Danny are as well. Nothing you can do but....BBD has been upset about his playing time since he signed. I hope nothing else comes out about this story.

The good thing is it's his hand and he can still run and stay in shape. TIme for Shel Will and Sheed to log more mins.

BirdLewisBias

Back to top Go down

POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY - Page 2 Empty Baby down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:27 am

Have to agree with Sam on taking another look at Sweetney. I'd like to see him on a plane to Boston today. All we don't need is for another big man to be hurt, because that's going to put more pressure on the rest of them. Say Sheed turns an ankle,then KG has to play longer minutes, and we know that's not a good idea.
Perk's shoulder is a worry though he looks good; Scal's setting a record for concussions and probably should hang it up to avoid dementia; Walker's as much of a gamble as Leon because of past surgeries. Now Baby...Ouch!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

Baby's actions show a propensity for acting on impulse. Need I remind folks so willing to look at this as an isolated incident of his tearful outburst at KG's admonition last season. If Davis is to be a contributing, respected member of this franchise someone named Allen, Pierce, or Garnett needs to pull him up by the collar and tell him to check himself in no uncertain terms. Think before you act, and act responsibly when you do!-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:47 am

I'd like to see Sweetney aboard for added big man "insurance," even though it would probably be for short minutes. The problem is that someone would have to be dropped from the roster for that to occur. For me, the choice would narrow down to one of the two most chronically injured guys, Tony and Walker. And, at this point, I'd probably pick the one with the lower guaranteed salary—Walker.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 am

I think it's silly to draw any conclusions from what limited information we have. All we know is that he broke his thumb in an altercation with a friend. We have very few details aside from that. It's foolish to make judgements without all the facts.

As for this being karma in regards to letting Powe go, I think that's nonsense. Like Rosalie said, if we had kept Powe we would now be down two bigs. Why look at this like a punishment for letting a player go? It seems even more obvious to me that management did the right thing by letting Powe go and getting a player that can play NOW. Of course, it remains to be seen whether Sheldon can contribute in a positive way, but I'm glad we at least have that option. It would have been nice to have Baby available to take on Shaq tonight!

Let's hope Baby recovers quickly from the injury and keeps himself conditioned while he's rehabbing! Go Celtics!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:07 am

MD

Your quote

Baby's actions show a propensity for acting on impulse.

What actions? Suppose this guy threw a punch and BB just raised his hand to block it and resulted in the injury.
None of us were there and know what happened. If you do or were please share what you know. Has for PP pulling him aside, with a knife sticking out of his neck, and talking to BB on this one ...............I'm not so sure about that one.
And if the only OTHER fault you can find with him is his public reaction to being chewed out IN PUBLIC by a teamate .........that is a joke in of itself.

Davis obviously worked hard in the off season to loose weight. Should he be upset about the chance off less playing time.........Why Not? But I have not seen anything that says he said that. He has come into this season in the BEST shape of his life and apparently an accident occured that may have not been his fault at all.

I think you are a bit off base on this one.
Let's wait till a bit more is known.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 am

BeaT : I'm not too far off base (or Sabathia would pick me off). Wyc Grousebeck is suggesting a suspension looms in Baby's future as a result of this incident and Wyc's knowledge of the situation. The owner seems to be growing tired of Baby's contentious behavior!-MD

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:07 am

MD

I saw that too and perhaps he knows much more of this situation than we do, (obviously)

On a off topic note.......what if you are a diehard Cleveland Indian fan

And see in game one of the World Series....Lee vs. Sabathia
both ex Indians...........go figure.

Never a Philly fan but as they are playing the Yanks, I am now!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Having said that I don't think BB is where he should be right now....ie focused, as well as injured...I think that what he does with this set back will speak volumes about whether he'll really be a contributing member of the C's or not. I'm pulling for him to refocus. It's obviously way to early to write this guy off.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by carpecarpium Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:38 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/10/davis_likely_to.html

Davis may be out two months and team will probably suspend him.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGreenGenes Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:45 pm

I think the timing of the injury bothers me more. The guy definitely worked hard in the offseason and I wanted to see him and the Celtics benefit. I'm sure they will when he comes back, it's just frustrating. I'd rather they covered it up and said he took a spill or something, but I suppose that wouldn't be responsible reporting of the news. rabbit

People tend to mature through adversity, and I'd bet sitting on the sidelines for the first 30 games of the season is going to burn Glen's bottom more than any of us. Whether it was his fault or not, he'll learn not to put himself in that type of situation in the future.
MrGreenGenes
MrGreenGenes

Back to top Go down

Post by House for 3 Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

My presumption is that the suspension has more to do with pay than the length of his absence. He will perhaps be suspended while he is recuperating, and not paid for those games, and the suspension should be long over by the time he gets back. Can anyone provide any more definitive insight into this?

I don't know what happened here, but Baby has shown a tendency to lose control of his emotions. Even if it wasn't his fault, I'm prepared to learn that he may have put himself in a situation he would have been wise to avoid. Things like this tend not to happen in a vacuum.

House for 3

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Sometimes things happen in a vacuum. Look at the lives of Herbert & J. Edgar Hoover. Each got hosed in a different way, and catered to suck-ups! (LOL)

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:11 pm

MDCelticFan wrote:The "Karma" angle regarding the C's turning their back on Leon Powe is interesting. I wonder if Baby's malady would have occurred if the C's had shown decency to do right by Powe?

In my feeble mind, it boils down to the decency and responsibility management shows toward player(s) and vice versa, the essence of "ubuntu." It certainly has that potential to poison the good will that successful teams try their damnest to promote and maintain... that notion of family and loyalty, rewarding excellence and "We got each other's back."

When teammates watched Leon's situation and they do watch, each had to think..... "there but for the grace of God go I."

It leaves me very cold and maybe I'm not used to such coldness living in the Deep South.

I wonder if it had any effect on the hard position that Rondo is taking toward contract.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:40 pm

MDCelticFan wrote:Sometimes things happen in a vacuum. Look at the lives of Herbert & J. Edgar Hoover. Each got hosed in a different way, and catered to suck-ups! (LOL)

Did you just try to compare Big Baby to J Edgar Hoover? No
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Well, he is going to find out what it is like to finally grow up and take his lumps. It seems that Grousebeck is determined to fine him, so that nice, big, fat raise he got is going out the window. My only worry is that he will not be with the team to practice. All that supposed weight loss is going to go out the window. This is the time when guys get out of shape. I hope he continues to work out and not let himself go. Boy, Davis and Allen, what a pair!!! Only kidding, this was his first mistake so I will give him leeway and not put him on the same page as Allen.

Look at poor Blake Griffin. Broken knee cap just before the season starts!
What a shame.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2