jeb
bobheckler
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shaq done?  As in "done done?" Empty Shaq done? As in "done done?"

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 am

NOT good news, if true.

http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x461197727/Source-Cs-not-expecting-Shaq-in-playoffs

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Shaq done?  As in "done done?" Empty Re: Shaq done? As in "done done?"

Post by jeb Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 pm

I dont expect shaq to come back. His lack of focus for conditioning is coming back to bite his big ol ass. He couldnt run for 5 minutes in his last comeback after 2 months rest. Time to accept it. And go to war with what we have.

Sorry but thats what i think

JeB
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Jeb

should he manage to get on the court he'd set a mean pick.

I mean he should never be called for a moving screen!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Jeb - Achilles injuries are very tough to come back from, even when they happen to young, very fit players like Elton Brand / Gabe Kapler etc.

I dont think Shaq was in great shape to start the season - but his conditioning has very little to do with Achilles injuries....sometimes they just happen, and they call for 9 to 12 month recovery periods - even for 20 something athletes.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm

well, dammit !! i was hoping the Big Leprechaun, who adopted and adapted to Boston seemingly so well, would be a cog for our team ... right about NOW !
but i saw him limping on a TV broadcast and he looked terrible. I am afraid he is done.
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm

kleen, i feel you bro, but everything injurie wise in your legs has to do with the weight you carry. Hell i hope he comes back i just dont think he will. I actually think he did show up in decent shape in boston but i also feel he'd have 8 rings if he took his conditioning seriously.

I could always be wrong its justa gut feeling.

JEb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:00 pm

yahoo is simply saying he's not gonna be in game 3- according to Doc

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApQR0ObBOeT4FPRq68xAGIK8vLYF?slug=ap-celtics-shaqout
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:23 pm

This report was written by some small time newspaper in massachusetts, with no proof to the report.

Doc Rivers was interviewed at the practice facility today and denied that report. He said that he expects Shaq to play at some point. So, I really wouldn't believe too much of what you are reading. My thought is that they really don't want him to play this series anyway, so let him heal. The doctor says he has made improvement over the last few days. I think at some point he will play. Why waste it on the Knicks if they can win without him?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:29 pm

No Shaq, No #18 is my take on it. Come on big fella, get healthy and back on the court soon. (Well in time for round two)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 am

Rosalie, just to be specific, I believe the Eagle-Tribune is in Lawrence. Not exactly a mecca of basketball knowledge. However, I won't be at all surprised if the report turns out to be correct. I hope not, but I've never fastened my championship hopes to Shaq's coattails. In fact, while I'd prefer to have them both available, I have more confidence in the skills offered by Jermaine than in the skills offered by Shaq. That was my underlying motive in starting the poll.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:45 am

Sam-as you know, I have felt that the addition of JO to the lineup is really more important than Shaq. However, if we could get him back for 10 minutes or so a game, it would certainly bolster that position. Obviously, Krstic is out of his element during the playoffs, or he just doesn't have the trust of the players around him when he is on the floor. All I really want him to do is rebound at both ends of the floor. Leave the scoring to the scorers. Just get them the ball and run. Shaq may be able to get them the ball, but running is not going to be something he does alot of,
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:14 pm

so Shaq may travel to NY, Doc says, adding that if he does it's because he may play in Game 4.

and looking at him limping, i thought Shaq was DONE !! but maybe not ... and i HOPE not ... his presence on the court would, IMHO, be a boost to this team. think of how they were playing in the fall with him in the line-up. i think Rondo, for one, would be delighted !

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:31 pm

I was gone to take a mystery to read on our Paris trip. Why bother? All I have to do is google "Shaq" and I'll be bombarded with mystery.

So long, everyone. I'll be posting from Paris.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:45 pm

have fun Sam, have a beer for me.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Sam -
a glass of nice wine would seem to make sense ...
and the coffee and pastries streetside are often GREAT !
(but you know that - you wrote the book !! )

have fun.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Saw this on ESPN today. Who the heck knows at this point! This sounds encouraging, though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6403413
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Doc did say that if Shaq made th e trip, they were looking at Sunday ... (possibly). GREAT that he was on that plane !!!!!!!!!

bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Sam,

You and Mrs Sam have a fun and a safe trip. I have purchased your book and am in progress of reading it now. I laughed at the part where you would try to practice your French when making reservations, and a local would try to practice their english at the same time while trying to give you your reservations, LOL. Mrs Sam must of had allot of patience during those transactions.

Good luck with your C's. So far so good.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:20 am

MustangGator wrote:Sam,

You and Mrs Sam have a fun and a safe trip. I have purchased your book and am in progress of reading it now. I laughed at the part where you would try to practice your French when making reservations, and a local would try to practice their english at the same time while trying to give you your reservations, LOL. Mrs Sam must of had allot of patience during those transactions.

Good luck with your C's. So far so good.

MG

Gator, have you come to the part where Sam tried to handle the bill after a meal with mrs Sam and the inlaws and sort of overpaid on the tip? omgosh, classical....
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Matty,

I just responded to your PM, but did not answer your question here. No I have not come to that part yet. Actually, I have been bouncing around reading different areas not in any particular order. I should, and will, sit down and read it cover to cover. Some parts are very funny, but maybe not so funny at the time for Sam and Mrs Sam. Now I am sure they sit back, shake their heads, and bust out laughing about some of those times.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Mustang and Matty,

It's now approaching 2:00 a.m. here in Paris. We just finished closing our favorite watering hole....again. Tonight, I insisted on giving our taxi driver directions back to our hotel. We wound up in the Seine.

Mostly it's Mrs. Sam who laughs. She's the buffooner. I'm the buffoonee.

Glad you're enjoying our book. One of our friends put a copy in her bathroom for guests to read. When she was cleaning up recently, she discovered it was gone. Apparently, her guests had been using it for toilet paper.

To cut through the drunken stupor for three lines of momentary clarity, we discovered today that the book will be carried (at least on a trial basis) by the lengendary Shakespeare and Company Bookshop in Paris.

In fact, we're on our way out to celebrate now. What's that honey? We did that already?

Never mind!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Sam,

Very funny. For some reason the phrase, " you can't keep him down, you only hope to contain him", or words to that effect comes to mind when thinking of your current adventures in Paris. I needed a good laugh. I am still laughing at your post and I am 100% sober. Of course, maybe that is my problem, being sober. I think I hear that bottle of Brandy I hid in my garage calling me now. Tell Mrs Sam I said hello from the west coast. West coast of the USA for clarity purposes since you and the misses is living it up in Paris right now. Oh, I bet your book disappeared from the rest room because someone else finds it as enjoyable to read as myself.

That is great news about your book in the Shakespeare and Company Bookshop. I am so excited for both of you because you both are really nice people, and good things should happen to nice people.

Ok, enough from my sentimental side, but I do mean it. Take care and enjoy your vacation. Oh, and on your behalf, GO CELTICS! Beat the Heatles. I think the Knicks are done.

MG

MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:16 pm

They tell me that if you sit outside a cafe in Paris long enough, everyone you've ever known will walk by ( not sure if that is limited only to those still living or not) but if you wait long enough, Sam, I plan to walk by...and I'll be carrying a copy of your book. LA CELT
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Per Doc: skeleton work today, practice tomorrow.
------------------
Knock on wood...
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 pm

MG and LAC,

Thanks. Tonight you both would have had to be satisfied with Grand Marnier tonight as we invaded the lengendary Les Deux Magots Café.

Yesterday was right up there with the Balloon game as one of the best days ever. We got a brief audience with our mentor, who is age 97 and is now confined to bed, and we presented him with a signed copy of the book along with our profuse thanks for all he has meant to us over the past 15 years of the book's preparation. His daughter, who now runs the bookshop in his stead, first decided he was not up to a meeting, leaving us feeling pretty deflated; but she soon called us back and reversed herself.

George Whitman's dwindling world now consists of a tiny apartment on the third floor of the store (Shakespeare and Company), surrounded by pictures of the greats who have been beneficiaries of mentoring from George and Sylvia Beach (who founded the first iteration of the store around the end of World War I). People like Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce, T.S. Eliot, and many of the beat poets.

Our book is dedicated to Sylvia Beach, George, and his daughter, 30-year-old Sylvia Beach Whitman. The dedication reads, "Dedicated to Sylvia Beach, George Whitman, and Sylvia Beach Whitman, spiritual shepherds to the literary flock in the City of Enlightenment."

I started reading the dedication to George, but I totally lost it, and thank goodness Mrs. Sam was able to finish reading it. (Someone has to be the stable one.) George's daughter made a brief video of a portion of the event. George didn't say a lot, but he did brighten up and mention how nice it was to be thanked. He and Sylvia appeared thrilled with both the dedication and the fact that the bookshop is one of six pen-and-ink sketches appearing on the book cover.

All of this probably seems like much ado about very little, but it was very meaningful to both of us....EASILY the highlight of this trip for me, and definitely one of the most treasured moments of my life.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next