Sam
David14
beat
NYCelt
gyso
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many games will we win out of games 1-10: (0 is not an option)

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 22

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Empty Re: Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey

Post by gyso Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:31 am

BanglaCeltFan,

You are so correct in that predictions in themselves are mostly meaningless and hardly scientific. But as babyskyhook has surmised, this is really just a game to pass the time.

The game goes like this:

We offer you a little background information, as stated above and provide a schedule, which provides you even more information. We then ask you to guess the number of wins out of ten that the Celtics will win in that stretch. We also ask you to come up with a scenario to go along with your guess.

We just want you to make a guess, provide a story, and we let the 10 game string play out. Whoever is closest to the real events as they play out, gets a Game Survey Tommy Point and we do it again for the next ten games.

For each ten game stretch, we will take another survey. The guesses and the background story must be in a post in each survey thread to count. There will be seven 10-Game Surveys plus a final 12-Game Survey. Whoever gets the most Game Survey Tommy Points gets bragging rights, that's about it.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Empty Re: Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey

Post by babyskyhook Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:46 am

BanglaCeltFan wrote:Sam BILLRKG (I keep reading blitzkrieg, specially the one that Celts are going to launch on the rest of league) and BSH (I still can't bring myself to spell that out - like another poster's "nightmare" re: said event in 87 finals, I had the embarrassment of dealing with my new father-in-law at the time who was distinctly questioning his daughter's judgment, watching my tearful reactions):

But, as I mentioned, I stand duly chastised. It is apparent that my initial post may have sounded a little sour and seemed to be "raining on their parade" - for that my apologies. It was not the intention, but I admit how it might across that way. In my defense though, please note that I was not criticizing any poster for making predictions, just the notion of "predictions." I think that my point on "predictions" has been entirely missed, BUT, you're right, folks - its all about having fun, and on that count, I was wrong - certainly did not mean to question anyone for having fun. So, lets have fun and vote 10-0.

BCF-

Love that story from '87. I literally laughed out loud because my friends were afraid I was going to kill someone in '84, so I feel you. But the father-in-law part is true comedy.

And I respect the not wanting to put negative thoughts out into the air by picking against your team, so I respect your 10-0 picks. All good. All fun.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:34 am

The results from the First 10 Games Survey:

The Celtics went 8-2 in the first 10 games. There were 7 votes made for this result (out of 22 total votes) so that was about one-third (1/3) of the votes.

Only two members posted that result. They are:

bobc33 (because he was feeling grumpy)

and

babyskyhook

Neither added where the losses would come from, so for the lack of a tie breaker, it's a tie!!!

Since the prize, Game Survey Tommy Points, are totally without value...

They each get five Game Survey Tommy Points for the two way tie!!! Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Icon_santa

Congratulations, bobc33 and babyskyhook!!!

Special thrill time for bsh!! He gets to see his name in Kelly Green Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Icon_razz

Honorable mention: NYCelt. He predicted 9-1 and the Phoenix loss. If we had won tonight, NYCelt would have been the winner. Close, but no GS Tommy Points! Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Kopfschuettel

Don't forget to vote in the Second Game Survey. Remember to add your background story (guess the losing situations) in order to create a tie breaker.

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Icon_basketball Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:51 am

I'd say 8-2 again about right.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2