beat
gyso
NYCelt
Sam
gacracker
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where are the trolls? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where are the trolls?

Post by Sam Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Pete,

Enjoy these years. They represent the transition between raising a son and sending him off to the challenges of life. He doesn't by any chance goes to University of Maryland does he? My older daughter's a professor of professor of artificial intelligence there. (She says she grew up with artificial intelligence with me as her dad.)

Congratulations to him and to his parents for achieving so much already.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Sam,

He goes to GW, and thanks, we will take credit for part of it, but there is something in both of our kids that we are just plain lucky to have. I believe part of it is the town we live in, small, he graduating class was 100 students, as they say it takes a village to raise a child. I am grateful to those who helped guide them.

God, I love this site!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:01 pm

Bet those ding dongs are losing their minds over on bdc.

Aw well.

Daniels looked good. Rondo would have won it in the 4th. With rest of green team.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Just read the collected wisdom of espns east picks. We are a distant second. Poor us. It appears we are too old.

And kg just cant cut it any more.

We got them right where we want their Kobe worshiping asses.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Where are the trolls? - Page 3 Empty Where are thr Trolls?

Post by Hondo17 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm

This morning I started my first ever thread thanking all who contributed to the foolishness and mayhem on the other board. My feelings were that through all of the aggravation motivation was provided to create this forum as well as another where the ability to control malicious behavior would open up an area for friendly basketball chatter. I remember a few years back Sam and others complained and offered ideas to improve the old forum and even entice more people to join. Now this has come to pass and all I can say is it is about time. We did not give in to the trolls, we empowered ourselves to go to a place where juvenile activities will be frowned upon, and discussions will be cordial even when we disagree. Thanks to Sam, Beat, GYSO, and all who put this together and Go Celts!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

By the way by noontime my thread had been removed by the Globe. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

"To be a winner , you must think like one. A positive attitude will keep you above the competition."
Basketball Taz

Last edited by Hondo17 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding signiture)
Hondo17
Hondo17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:21 pm

Hondo,

I'm really glad you're here now. It's time to forget the trolls and embrace what should be an incredibly exciting season.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Hondo17 wrote:This morning I started my first ever thread thanking all who contributed to the foolishness and mayhem on the other board.

Hondo:

I saw your thread at BDC and thought it to be quite grown up and appropriate. Sorry it was deleted. You'll like this forum much better and the forum will appreciate you much more than perhaps you are used to.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hondo17 Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks Sam and gacracer, I Know that this will be a resounding success and I do have to say that tonight’s game was impressive. I really like the drive by Lester Hudson around the big Russian!!!
Hondo17
Hondo17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooltrikon Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Yeah, I saw Lester drive around iglaskas. And then Lester shot left-handed.

Things are looking up. Lester can play. Marquis Daniels looked impressive. And.... Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! ... Eddie hitting 3s (and long 2s).
Mooltrikon
Mooltrikon

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:21 pm

Trolls crying in their martinis tonite. Our bench is deadly.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooltrikon Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 pm

The LA trolls are crying about the Dodgers and the Angels.
Mooltrikon
Mooltrikon

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Phillie is rough. Hope we can give em somethin else to mourn. Like our chances.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooltrikon Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:59 pm

Dodgers are gone.

Go Phillies!

Now the Yanks can put away the Angels.

Then the Phillies can put away the Yanks.

And then the Celtics can put away the Lakers!
Mooltrikon
Mooltrikon

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 am

WOW! According to Mooltrikon, everything is put away! (LOL)-I'd like to watch the Lakers get put away! Revenge is a dish best served cold, like I like my potato salad. Thankfully, it wont be a freeway seres in LA. Like O'Reilly says about the "No Spin Zone"-On Sam's site, it's the "Troll Free Zone"-Isn't it Bliss!

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by BanglaCeltFan Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 am

Back in the good old days of childhood and fairy tales, trolls would sneak back to their caves or else turn into stone at sunup. Blame their current infestations over there on timezones. By that logic, however, this site is pure sunshine flower

BanglaCeltFan

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:57 am

Mooltrikon wrote:The LA trolls are crying about the Dodgers and the Angels.

Mool, if you find that broom that was flashed around in our faces on BDC, maybe, after the Evil Empire finishes off the Angels, maybe you guys can make a suggestion to the poster, after LA's double humbling experience, what permanent storage place the broom can be placed (shoved)!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooltrikon Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Maybe I made finishing off LA professional sports teams sound too simple.

But there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

And the Dodgers and Manny are already gone. That's not a fairytale. That's a fact.
Mooltrikon
Mooltrikon

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Mooltrikon wrote:Maybe I made finishing off LA professional sports teams sound too simple.

But there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

And the Dodgers and Manny are already gone. That's not a fairytale. That's a fact.

Being a Dodger fan, I wish that the Manny-on-juice issue had not been uncovered until after the season. He was unconscious for the D's last half of 2008 and was a joy to watch (assuming you were not a Bosox or NL fan).

This year, Bosox fans got their revenge while Manny bees Manny on the Dodgers nickle.

Manny gone! Book it. Maybe a return to Beantown in the offing? Where are the trolls? - Page 3 Alien

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Mool, I don't think you made it sound too simple. The Angels are a great team, however I think the Yankees moves last winter put them in a class by themselves. As a Red Sox fan, it did hurt to lose in a game that Pap had under control. However, it still would have been an uphill battle to beat the Angels in the long run. The poster that decided to post a picture of the broom in every other post took a serious risk with both LA teams playing two other great teams. The Celtic fans in general have too much class to respond "in kind" to the broom incidents, however I just wanted make a quick comment since I am sure the Laker posters read the postings on Sam's site!! Who knows maybe the Angels can come back, however the Yankee seem too strong to blow a 3-1 lead.
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:18 pm

GC, don't tell anyone, but after being a die hard Red Sox fan, I have also been a Dodger fans in the National League. Their history with Vince Scully, Tommy Lasorda, and the past thrills of Sandy Koufax, Maury Wills, and Don Drysdale and some others like our namesake Bill Russell were hard not to enjoy. I lost a bit of my support for them when they placed Mannyroid on a pedestal. However, he is under "fire" in Los Angeles for being in the shower at the same time that the Phils came back the other day. "Manny being Manny"!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:23 pm

David14 wrote:GC, don't tell anyone, but after being a die hard Red Sox fan, I have also been a Dodger fans in the National League. Their history with Vince Scully, Tommy Lasorda, and the past thrills of Sandy Koufax, Maury Wills, and Don Drysdale and some others like our namesake Bill Russell were hard not to enjoy. I lost a bit of my support for them when they placed Mannyroid on a pedestal. However, he is under "fire" in Los Angeles for being in the shower at the same time that the Phils came back the other day. "Manny being Manny"!!!

David

In the shower during the game? Seriously? I hadn't heard that one. Trying to stay clean I guess. WOW. Quite a talent. The BoSox got their moneys worth out of Manny... and some. They knew he was a flake when they signed him.

You pays your money and you takes the ride!

Their ace, Billingsley certinly tailed off this year. Dodgers have some wonderful young talent. I do hate the Yankees though. Can't deny it. Would rather the Yanks lose than my team win. That's hard core hate.

Pull for the BoSoxs too. No question.

Billy "Buck" links the BoSoxs to the Dodgers forever in futility. Where are the trolls? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Ever go to the Dodgers Blues fan forum? That's a hoot.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:31 pm

GA

The Manny thing is a bit blow up. He was removed from the game for a defensive replacement. And as he has done all year after being removed he went to take a shower, done it all year. Then as he is done and is heading back out to the bench the team is coming in after they blew it.

baseball is not like most other sports when once you come out of a game your done. It's not like he left the stadium and went home.

Yeah he's not the team player but i'd cut him a bit of slack on this one. Torrie has allowed him to do this all year.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:43 pm

CG- The LA radio sports stations, ESPN and Fox, and the Los Angeles Times played up the "Manny in the Shower Story". You can probably find it on LA Times website. It's really a funny story when you hear Manny's version, however LA tends to love their teams until they lose. Then all "heck" breaks out!!!

Beat--- I used to love Manny, however he has been worse than Martini out West when discussing John Henry and Theo. He has nothing good to say about Boston even though it appears the team and the City treated him as a King.

Come on Beat, if Paul P, or KG fouled out of a game with the team up by one point in the playoffs, would you not get on PP or KG for not sitting on the bench. These forums would go crazy, as they did when KG was not on the bench last year if a Celtic handled himself in that manner. Manny was taken out for defensive purposes in a playoff of game that meant everything to the Dodgers. Instead of being with the team to celebrate on the field, he headed for the showers to protest being taken out.

Joe Torre too classy to take his air his concerns in the public eye, however the reports from the radio stations are that Joe and Manny had a very direct private discussion.
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 pm

beat wrote:GA
he left the stadium and went home.
beat

Really!!! Just like Manny. The legend grows and grows! Pass it around fellas. Where are the trolls? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Bosox... count your lucky stars!

Sorry to say but it's (gulp) the Yankee's year. M.Tex is truly a marvelous player. A switch hitter with that sort of power. Jeter too. Great player. (Green with envy.) ARod.. go back to the strip joint for your nightly lap dance. Where are the trolls? - Page 3 Kopfschuettel

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 pm

David

Apples to grapes
Come on nothin

We are talking about MANNY not KG or PP, and the fact that Torrie has allowed it to happen all year. Plus in the duggout is not the same as in a wide open bench in basketball that nearly everyone can see you stand up and walk out. The duggout is connected to the clubhouse from within. Few except the players probably even knew it and few of them probably cared.

I have no feelings one way or the other I just want the Yankees to lose.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum