beat
gyso
NYCelt
Sam
gacracker
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Where are the trolls? - Page 4 Empty Re: Where are the trolls?

Post by beat Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:51 pm

I David I don't think there would have been much of an on field celebation, the team still would have needed to win a couple more.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:04 pm

beat wrote:David

Apples to grapes
Come on nothin

We are talking about MANNY not KG or PP, and the fact that Torrie has allowed it to happen all year. Plus in the duggout is not the same as in a wide open bench in basketball that nearly everyone can see you stand up and walk out. The duggout is connected to the clubhouse from within. Few except the players probably even knew it and few of them probably cared.

I have no feelings one way or the other I just want the Yankees to lose.

Beat, when you put it that way, wanting the Yankees to lose, I definitely can't argue with you. However, I think Manny's conduct cost the Sox a chance to go to the World Series for the last two years. That and Mark Teixera's stringing the Red Sox along. The TV cameras displayed a shot of Scott Boras in the seats behind home plate sitting with Kate Hudson at the Angel/Yankee game. We had Manny, Scott, Mark, Johnny Damon, and Arod all in the same city at the same time. A nightmare for a Sox fan.

Seriously, the Times and KLAC in CA played up the shower incident!!! The three hour radio show was like listening to Martini, Greenkiller, and graterhater for three hours. Sure made a drive go by much quicker.
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Where are the trolls? - Page 4 Empty [b]something timely...[/b]

Post by gacracker Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Well one of the early threads is a bit thread bare so...... I decided to trot it out... and dust it off... to say something timely!

HERE GOES: sunny

It surely is nice to be able to hit a rough patch in the season and not be overwhelmed by trolls coming out of the woodwork rejoicing in our hopefully short term misery, only to disappear when this teams gets rolling again. I don't miss them at all.

If I did miss them and wanted a taste of misery, I would be lurking at BDC which I am not. No

Thank you, sam, and thank you mods for a really great site. The best is yet to come. santa

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:55 pm

GC,

Glad to see you're having so much fun here. You're a consistent player on the growing team that has made this such a great place to discuss and follow the Celtics. From Hot Topics to Game On!, this is turning out to be a very special place thanks to the members of this board.

I guess that SlipperySam guy knew what he was doing...

I'll agree with you that the best is yet to come!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:47 am

GC,

All of the best intentions aside, an anti-troll initiative needs teeth. And NYCelt, gyso and Pete (and more recently dboss) are the people who are constantly doing "dental research" on this board. And just look at the list of who's on the board. One or another of them is usually on there monitoring what's occurring. I would not want to be anyone trying to mess around with the peace and congeniality of this forum.

But, as NYCelt intimates, it's very much the positive natures of the posters that make this a fun place to be. And you put your finger on a really important test that deserve even greater mention. We have seen, in the past, how a downturn in the team's fortunes can spawn all sorts of finger-pointing and invective. And there has been no shortage of very cogent and candid opinions expressed on this forum about the sources of the problems. Such is the heart and soul of any message board.

But the difference here is the basic tenor and intent of posts. They're not gratuitously mean-spirited. They're made with respect and an underlying recognition of the fact that we're all in it together. That, more than any other single factor, is what's most rewarding to yours truly in being associated with this forum.

Thanks to you, the administrators, and everyone else for your continued participation and uplifting spirit.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:27 am

gc,

Thank you!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum