For the Boston (Mass) Pet lovers..................

4 posters

Go down

For the Boston (Mass) Pet lovers.................. Empty For the Boston (Mass) Pet lovers..................

Post by beat Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Sam I hope you don't have a cat!

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

BOSTON -- Duty calls for an East Boston resident.

Someone is getting called for jury duty...but it's no human.

A family is trying to figure out how their pet cat was summonsed for jury duty.

“I said, Sal, what’s this? You know, I don’t believe it I was shocked,” said Guy Esposito, Sal’s owner.

Sal’s owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under “pets”.

“I just wrote ‘Sal Esposito’, scratched out the ‘dog,’ and wrote, ‘cat,’” said Anna.

Anna filed for Sal’s disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal’s service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn’t cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.

PS I know this has nothing to do with hoops just thought it again shows how inept the system is sometimes.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

For the Boston (Mass) Pet lovers.................. Empty Re: For the Boston (Mass) Pet lovers..................

Post by Sam Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Beat,

Clawde and Pawline are hereby awaiting their summonses.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

For the Boston (Mass) Pet lovers.................. Empty Re: For the Boston (Mass) Pet lovers..................

Post by beat Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Sam

are those really their names?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

What kind of an idiot names their cat Sal Esposito?

I mean, the system is messed up - but COME ON.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Beat,

Yup. We had the names before we got the cats.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Only way you get called is if you are on the voter registration. Sounds like Chicago politics gone east. As Mayor Daley used to say "Vote early, vote often".

Ah the Windy City!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down