Williams for DiMaggio ............... Perkins For .................

5 posters

Go down

Williams for DiMaggio ............... Perkins For ................. Empty Williams for DiMaggio ............... Perkins For .................

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Way back there was a hot debate how the Yankee's and Red Sox would fare if they swapped Ted Williams for Jumping Joe Di Maggio. It made sense, Green Monster for Joe and the short porch in right for Ted.

TO WARD-OFF CABIN FEVER DURING THIS BLIZZARD, WHAT ABOUT THE FOLLOWING SWAP!

Well what if we were able to swap with Toronto, Perkins for Bosh if we were able to sign Bosh now for a multi year deal. It's an interesting idea. Toronto will lose Bosh next year for nothing. Who knows how the condition of the economy will be come July which might prove to be a gamble for those who think they can get MAX Money in a recession. Perkins is now a proven center who is signed for the next two years at a cheaper salary which helps Toronto in two ways, lower their salary and have a center for a few years without losing a big guy. Bosh brings agility, speed, rebounding and scoring to the Celtic's who can retool to fit the style of play with their commitment by signing Rondo for 5 years.

How does the career stats look for both:

Bosh Perkins

G 490 - 413
GS 478 - 299
MPG 37 - 21.9
FG% 49.2% - 56.3%
3PT% 29.8% - 0%
FT% 79.4% - 60.8%
OFF 2.7 - 1.8
DEF 6.7 - 4.1
RPG 9.4 - 5.9
APG 2.2 - 1.0
SPG .8 - .3
BPG 1.2 - 1.4
TO 2.20 - 1.65
PF 2.61 - 2.82
PPG 20.1 - 6.3 (11 THIS YR.)

Let's Say You.......... On A Snowy Day In February 112288

Last edited by 112288 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Williams for DiMaggio ............... Perkins For ................. Empty Re: Williams for DiMaggio ............... Perkins For .................

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Who plays center against Howard, Shaq/Ilgauskas and Bynum?

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Williams for DiMaggio ............... Perkins For ................. Empty Re: Williams for DiMaggio ............... Perkins For .................

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:23 pm

No cap magician here.....but would believe Ray and Perk would need be involved, plus another Toronto player.

Perhaps Bosh & Calderon for Perk & Allen. Toronto would likely want a draft pick as well as they would not re-sign Allen. Opens the possibility of Ray returning as a MLE signee in 2010 as well.

Interesting !

Have heard no mention of it...sometimes the best ideas are borne as such.

Kind regards,

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50 pm

We need Perk,hes as good a post defender as there is.....I'd rather give up KG or Sheed for Bosh,they won't get anything anyway for Bosh at end of season.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:We need Perk,hes as good a post defender as there is.....I'd rather give up KG or Sheed for Bosh,they won't get anything anyway for Bosh at end of season.

Since we're playing a cabin fever game here, let's give this a shot. It's even more fun when you can speculate regardless of the CBA details.

By the way; 112288, being out on The Island, no longer needs a refrigerator.

For the second time today I'm going with an opinion from our friend Cowens (man this is going to be no fun without a little bit of debate!). I'd keep Perk and give up KG, Sheed or both.

Perk and Bosh in the same frontcourt for several years? There's a good dream.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:10 pm

deano right,that would be the best possible replacement for KG and Perk and Bosh would compliment each other

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:05 pm

NYCelt wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:We need Perk,hes as good a post defender as there is.....I'd rather give up KG or Sheed for Bosh,they won't get anything anyway for Bosh at end of season.

Since we're playing a cabin fever game here, let's give this a shot. It's even more fun when you can speculate regardless of the CBA details.

By the way; 112288, being out on The Island, no longer needs a refrigerator.

For the second time today I'm going with an opinion from our friend Cowens (man this is going to be no fun without a little bit of debate!). I'd keep Perk and give up KG, Sheed or both.

Perk and Bosh in the same frontcourt for several years? There's a good dream.

That would be an interesting combo. I would do it!

PS No refreg need for the seeable future.

Regards

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down