Tommy Heinsohn & JoJo White

4 posters

Go down

Tommy Heinsohn & JoJo White Empty Tommy Heinsohn & JoJo White

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Tommy was voted into the Hall of Fame as a coach, it was announced today. JoJo has be voted as a finalist, I certainly hope he makes it. It would be great, as a Celtic fan, to see a guy who deserves it finally get recognized.

Still nothing about Johnny Most. Someone mentioned in a post somewhere that they should just put Tommy in the hall as an announcer too. I really think he would turn it down until they recognize Most. What do you think?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Tommy Heinsohn & JoJo White Empty Re: Tommy Heinsohn & JoJo White

Post by Sloopjohnb Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:42 pm

"JoJo has be voted as a finalist..."

Does that mean there's still a vote on whether he should be voted on for induction?

I was surprised when I found out that Jo Jo was not in the HOF. He certainly should be. The guy had a great career.

All-star about six straight years, All-NBA 2nd team a couple of times, Finals MVP in 1976, including a a shooting performance for the ages in the third OT of game five. During that stretch, Cousy called JoJo the most productive guard in the league.

Yeah, JoJo is long overdue for the HOF.

Congratulations to Tommy. Not many get into the HOF as both a player and coach.

Tommy as an HOF broadcaster? I think everyone outside of Boston would howl. In Tommy's short stint as a national broadcaster he was viewed as a shameless homer by those outside of Massachusetts. Celtic fans of course thought he had toned it down and had magically become a paragon of objectivity.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Roselie,

So far, I've been frustrated in attempts to find out how to influence all-star voters, as their names are just not published.  I've come to the conclusion that our best bet to push for Johnny Most to get into the Hall of Fame would be through the media.   I expect their network of acquaintances would get us as close as it gets.  I'll try to publish more specifics shortly.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:39 pm

I have posted on Celtics Blog and Facebook, I do not know who listens to posts like that because alot of the readers are too young to remember Johnny. However, One person did respond to me shocked that Chick Hearn was in and Johnny wasn't. Hopefully some respond with letters themselves. I wish we could get in touch with Tommy himself and see if he has any ideas. It is truly a shame. I was successful in having my son write, I know Beat did right after I posted that story, and I hope others followed his lead. \

It truly is a shame. What about a letter to Wyc?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Rosalie

Of 19 players whose nba careers were over by 1981, and who had played at least 19000 minutes and averaged at least 17 points per game, only 2 players, Jo Jo White and Lou Hudson, are not in the Hall Of Fame.
 See below chart.
      He definitely belongs in the Hall.

http://bkref.com/tiny/akqrk

swish  

wer over by

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down