cowens/oldschool
dboss
bobheckler
23 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Odds and Ends - Page 3 Empty Re: Odds and Ends

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:45 pm

On ESPN.com it shows that Boston's record is 5-9 vs. teams with a record of .500 or above and 9-1 vs. teams with a record under .500. I would assume those W/L records are based on when they play those teams, not their records as of today, but I could be wrong.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:55 pm

tjmakz wrote:On ESPN.com it shows that Boston's record is 5-9 vs. teams with a record of .500 or above and 9-1 vs. teams with a record under .500. I would assume those W/L records are based on when they play those teams, not their records as of today, but I could be wrong.

Thanks TJ

I got my info from the pregame shown last game.

Of course I may have been toasted at the time.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Here's an interesting stat to chew on: the Celtics are now 4-1 on the tail-end of back-to-back games.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:19 pm

k_j_88 wrote:Here's an interesting stat to chew on: the Celtics are now 4-1 on the tail-end of back-to-back games.

KJ

KJ,

I thought that was 10-0?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:47 pm

BobH, I think 10 and 0 is second of back to back on the road which makes it even more impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:02 pm

bobc33 wrote:BobH, I think 10 and 0 is second of back to back on the road which makes it even more impressive.

10-0 on the road since the all-star break.

4-1 overall (home and away) this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:35 pm

gyso wrote:
bobc33 wrote:BobH, I think 10 and 0 is second of back to back on the road which makes it even more impressive.

Gyso,

I'm missing something here.  How can it be 10-0 from whenever through tonight AND be 4-1 through tonight? Are we talking about different records?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:47 am

In our last 10 BTB's in which the second game is away we have won them all !!

Hope that clears this up

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:16 am

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:

Gyso,

I'm missing something here.  How can it be 10-0 from whenever through tonight AND be 4-1 through tonight?  Are we talking about different records?

bob

Different criteria, different records on the results of the games on the second night of a back to back.

Only road (away) games on the second night of a back to back: Since the all-star break last season, we have won all of them and that would be 10.

Both road and away games on the second night of a back to back: This season only, we have gone 4-1. The loss was at home.

Either way, it is quite impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:01 pm

tjmakz wrote:On ESPN.com it shows that Boston's record is 5-9 vs. teams with a record of .500 or above and 9-1 vs. teams with a record under .500. I would assume those W/L records are based on when they play those teams, not their records as of today, but I could be wrong.

This actually sounds just about right to me. The Celtics play hard, and they (usually) play smart, so they won't give away too many games to mediocre and bad teams. However, they still have trouble with good teams. That being said, I feel like they are beginning to expect to win almost any night, and thats a big step.... With this new confidence and one or two more carefully chosen pieces, this team could be back in the mix real soon.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:59 am

Shamrock1000 wrote:

This actually sounds just about right to me. The Celtics play hard, and they (usually) play smart, so they won't give away too many games to mediocre and bad teams. However, they still have trouble with good teams. That being said, I feel like they are beginning to expect to win almost any night, and thats a big step.... With this new confidence and one or two more carefully chosen pieces, this team could be back in the mix real soon.

I would say that sounds spot on.

With those two pieces being a defensively oriented big and a volume scorer.  Give us a C/PF and a SF to fill those needs in starting/major minute roles.  We've got a good part of the depth needed from there.  That should be enough to help us get closer to the top of the East anyway.  Another couple of seasons is my guess, and we may find what we need to contend in the conference.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Markief Morris throws a towel at his coach; it costs him $145,455.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--markieff-morris-suspended-two-games-for-throwing-towel-at-suns-coach-jeff-hornacek-185544822.html

Expensive toss.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:36 am

Danny understands this one.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:03 pm

dboss wrote:Danny understands this one.

Dboss

Yeah, he sure does.

Horry’s Towel Toss Nets Two-Game Suspension

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1997/jan/07/horrys-towel-toss-nets-two-game-suspension/

Phoenix Suns president Jerry Colangelo wished he could have thrown the book at forward Robert Horry for throwing a towel in coach Danny Ainge’s face.

Horry was suspended for two games without pay Monday by the Suns, who because of the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement were only able to impose a two-game penalty.

In the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game in Boston, Horry screamed obscenities at Ainge and threw a towel in his coach’s face before being restrained by teammates.

The penalty is worth about $40,000 in salary and a few thousand dollars in fines. Colangelo wishes the punishment was more severe.

“I’m of the old school, so I would have taken much sterner action if we weren’t limited by the bargaining agreement,” Colangelo said, comparing Horry to an unruly child who is “a shadow of his former self” as a player.

“My belief is that it was really frustration with his own play,” Colangelo said.

Horry apologized to Ainge and the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:24 pm

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/24/report-potential-trade-partners-want-sweetener-for-taking-markieff-morris/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Report: Potential trade partners want sweetener for taking Markieff Morris

By Dan Feldman

Dec 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EST

Markieff Morris – despite speaking to the contrary once – clearly doesn’t want to be in Phoenix. He made that clear all offseason long. Now, he’s throwing towels at his coach and playing terribly.

So, why don’t the Suns just trade him?

Zach Lowe of ESPN:

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
Markieff's trade value is to the point that other teams are asking an asset -- Goodwin, for instance -- in exchange for taking him.
10:43 AM - 24 Dec 2015
 248 248 Retweets   278 278 likes

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
Suns rightfully won't do that. But it feels like the team just needs a shake-up of some kind in the next couple of weeks.
10:45 AM - 24 Dec 2015
 42 42 Retweets   77 77 likes

The three years and $24 million remaining on Morris’ contract after this season were once thought to be a bargain, especially with the salary cap skyrocketing. It shows how far he’s fallen that nobody wants him on that contract.

The Pelicans were never going to trade Ryan Anderson for Morris. Likewise, the Rockets weren’t dealing Terrence Joes for Morris. Those productive players could be part of a larger deal, but Phoenix would have to send out additional positive pieces.

The Suns are wise not to throw a good asset after bad. Morris’ salary won’t preclude them from having major cap room this summer, and they could always stretch him if need be.

If Morris wants out of Phoenix, he’ll have to start playing and/or behaving better to make a trade realistic.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:45 pm

People are now calling him Matthew "Divin' All Over".  Here are videos of how he intentionally fouled GSW.  You can hurt a player's back doing this.

Somebody needs to drop this guy.  Hard.  Send a message.  If the league is smart, they'll send the message first.

Next time we play Cleveland, Sully should jump on his back like this.

https://vine.co/v/iADZJdTD1en

https://vine.co/v/iADAWDX5MV9

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:07 pm

The more I think about the Nets pick this year, the more I am convinced that the Celtics should not entertain a deal that includes this pick.  If the pick is moved before the lottery we would be trading in the blind.

I think the first thing is to determine who the tops players are that Boston would draft and then consider where those players may fall.  For the sake of argument let's assume that Boston would be comfortable picking anywhere between 1 through 5.  Perhaps they could trade the pick but protect it through the 1st 5 picks.  Of course you would have to have other picks to compensate for keeping 1-5.  They should have enough to make something like that happen.

The value of these picks is still undetermined.  Player rankings  will move up or down or remain the same.  There appears to be one super good player in the draft ..Ben Simmons.

Anyway I would be reluctant to move the pick too soon.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Houston up 15 at the half, at home, vs Atlanta and they lose going away. They SUCK!

The sad part is there really isn't anybody on that team, except maybe Clint Capela, that I wpuld want Danny to trade for. Not James "no D" Har-en and not the no-heart tin man.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:27 am

Bob

I watched that game last night.

Houston stinks. That usually results in a fire sale.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:44 am

Hell has officially frozen over. Would love to know the odds of Philly winning a game on the same day Golden State loses one. Happened tonight.

Granted, Curry sat out tonight vs the Mavs and GS got blown out, but Sacramento reached a new level of wretchedness in losing a home game to the previously 2-31 Sixers.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:34 am

I watched a good portion of the Golden State game. The Mavs played really well. Barea shot the lights out and Pachulia was very effective. It helped that the Warriors played terrible defense, but the Mavs deserve credit for their play.

Besides Curry, the Warriors were missing Barnes (been out for weeks), Ezeli, and Barbosa. They needed to play well to overcome that, but instead they played lousy. Thompson and Green needed to step up, and they both had subpar games. Not the way to respond when their best player has to sit out. We'll see if they can do better tomorrow against Houston.

Cousins played for the Kings, so I guess there's no additional fallout from his tantrum the other night.

Philly is on a hot streak of sorts, winning two of their last three, losing by only four in the other game, and they've got the Lakers next. I guess bringing in Colangelo and D'Antoni has turned things around for them, though I don't think playoff tickets have gone on sale yet.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:49 am

Jordan Crawford scores 72. Adds 16 rebounds for good measure. And his team still lost:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/former-celtics-guard-crawford-scores-72-points-china?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

By the way, article says he went into the game averaging just under 40 points a game. I'd guess his average is a little over 40 a game now.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:28 am

steve3344 wrote:Jordan Crawford scores 72.  Adds 16 rebounds for good measure.  And his team still lost:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/former-celtics-guard-crawford-scores-72-points-china?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

By the way, article says he went into the game averaging just under 40 points a game.  I'd guess his average is a little over 40 a game now.

well THERE is a go to scorer!!

Shocked

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:46 am

kdp59 wrote:
steve3344 wrote:Jordan Crawford scores 72.  Adds 16 rebounds for good measure.  And his team still lost:

By the way, article says he went into the game averaging just under 40 points a game.  I'd guess his average is a little over 40 a game now.

well THERE is a go to scorer!!

Shocked

Mr. Herky Jerky himself!

He would KILL to play for Brad again.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:39 pm

72 is pretty impressive in spite of the exchange rate.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next