trade options based on current rumors.

+2
sinus007
kdp59
6 posters

Go down

trade options based on current rumors. Empty trade options based on current rumors.

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:36 am

Celtics trade deadline options:

I am not saying I want any of these players or not, Just what I think it would cost us to get each one.

D. Cousins: The Kings could use a PF and now a SF due to Gay’s injury. Amir Johnson and J. Brown match salary wise, but Sacramento will want at least that Nets pick next year also. A Possible compromise would be to allow the Kings to swap picks with us next year and we give them the Nets pick outright on 2018.

J. Butler- The teams were supposedly talking at the draft this year about a trade. Things seem to not be working out at Chicago now. Any deal here would have to include the Nets pick in this year’s draft and its hard to see any deal working salary wise without A. Bradley also. So the Nets pick, Bradley and Zeller work salary wise, but I think the Bulls would want at least our 2018 first rounder also.

C. Anthony- Most of us don’t want him anywhere near this team, but rumors are rumors. Knicks seem to be willing to get rid of him in a fire sale right now. Still we ARE over the cap as such need to match salaries. That means we need to send back a minimum of $19.6M in salaries. Amir and Zeller would match salary wise, but leave us with less depth inside. However getting back Hernangomez would help with that. Best deal that could make sense for both teams I can come up with would be Melo and Hernangomez for Amir, Zeller, Rozier. Knicks would still probably want a draft pick or two, so figure the T’wolves second in this year’s draft and a future non Nets first.

N. Vucevic- Orlando is a mess it seems and they maybe having a fire sale come trade deadline. Vucevic is under a good deal for two more years, so I think they will want real value in return for him. They would need a big man back in any trade also, IMO. Amir works but I can’t see why they want him unless we offer them one of the Nets picks (NOT!). Zeller and either J. Brown or M. Smart would work cap wise and might get a deal done there.

S. Ibaka- See above about Orlando’s problems. Ibaka is on an expiring deal and while the Magic overpaid to get him, they won’t get much in return for moving him now. Amir matches his salary and sending them the T’wolves second round pick would seem like a deal that could work. Though I suspect Orlando would prefer a future first instead.

J. Nurkic- Nuggets may be looking to move him, but he may not be a starting player. Denver does have about $15M in cap space, so we could send back Zeller and perhaps our own 2018 first round pick to get him. He is under contract cheap for one more year. I would note another option here that I would prefer would be to try to get Faried and Nurkic both from Denver. We could send Amir and Zeller along with our 2018 first and a couple second round pick. This trade assumes Denver wants the salary cap relief from Farieds’ two additional years under contract.

J. Okafor- his name is back up in the trade rumor game right now. One more year AND a team option for another on his rookie deal. Philly needs help in the backcourt and at SF, so they would want Smart or Crowder back in any trade I think. They also have cap room and can take back more salary. Would J. Brown work?

N. Noel- Same as above for Philly, but Noel is a RFA next year. I think the price would be the same, Smart would get it done for Philly I think as would Crowder or Brown. I’m not sure I would move any of them unless Noel agrees to an extension somehow.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

trade options based on current rumors. Empty Re: trade options based on current rumors.

Post by sinus007 Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:55 am

KDP,
Thanks for the summary.
My question is will any of these trades bring Celtics to the level of beating Cavs and real chance to beat GSW? Or, at least, one level below it.
I wonder if Danny can swing Cousins and Butler, will we be there?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

trade options based on current rumors. Empty Re: trade options based on current rumors.

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 am

I completely failed to note there, that in most of those trades the rights to Yabusele and/or Zicic could be used in place of future draft picks.

except for any Philly trade, as I feel they are looking for vet players now.

I think that Cousins or Butler deals move the needle for us, but nothing we can do ( besides getting LeBron or Durant) would put us in Clev/GS territory this year.
In the future I do think either Cousins or Butler moves us into the top 4 in the NBA.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:58 am

kdp,

Some thoughts on your second post and also on your list.

I believe that with Cousins and Butler the Cs can challenge either the Cavs or Warriors. The question then is what has to be subtracted from the core of our present team. Because of Bradley's contract I can see trading him since Butler plays the same position and is also a good defender.

But, trading Crowder, Butler, Smart, Brown and/or other parts (?) all at the trade deadline from this year's team may turn out to break down the foundation of our team. There is a lot to be said for what Ainge and Stevens have put together during the last three and a half seasons.

I could reluctantly trade Crowder to get Cousins, but not trade him for Butler because I think that Crowder is as good as Butler right now except that they play different positions. In another season or two he will be better than Butler, and still will be under contract for less money.

The only way I would even think of taking Anthony is if the Knicks send along at least 3 first round picks beginning with theirs this year.

As this season has progressed, I have become a fan of keeping at least one of the Nets picks. Trading one away is OK, and using some of the other Number 1s that Ainge has to get possibly one of Cousins or Butler. I could see keeping both Nets picks and shooting for some of the lesser players you mentioned who are not yet NBA star players.

Using some of the other #1s should be good enough to get us some of the other guys (not Anthony) you mentioned. Although none of these guys are stars, they could possibly become a star just like some of our current players could be on their way to stardom. Bradley is close, Smart, Crowder and Brown have already made very nice strides.

I understand that Noel has a contract concern for whomever he is with this summer, I really like his potential to become a 15-18 point scorer even if he never shots even one three pointer and 12 rebounds per game in two years if he gets constant starter's minutes and quality coaching. He is likely to be a one position (center) player due to his shooting, but he is still a very young and physically talented athlete who can protect the rim as well as guard on the perimeter better than any of the Cs current big men.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:21 pm

wide,

I really doubt we will get EITHER cousins or Butler and I see no way at all Danny could pull off both in trades. at least not by the trade deadline.

there is a valid point for staying the course for sure. I wasn't trying to make an argument one way or the other in this thread. only trying to put some of the current rumors with my personal ideas on what it might take to make each deal.

there are arguments for and against each option above , but I was attempting to be dispassionate about at each one as far as what it may take.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:08 pm

S. Ibaka and J. Nurkic are the only 2 options that agree with me. Smart is too valuable to put in a trade as he is honing his NBA skills and should be a finished product shooting wise next year.

Brown is a keeper as well and at his young age and the shills he is showing as a rookie, he will be above average near star player in a few years.

My question is why the rush...........we are not winning an NBA title this year given GS or C.  You have 2 great stars oversees, one a center that is making Gm's salivate. He will be your center next year or worst case coming off the bench.

NO TRADING THIS YEARS PICK!  This could be the year to get a number #1 pick....lot us not screw it up!

P.S.

i would trade for Noel...........he comes cheap and not at a high price....perhaps Celtics #1 in 18 and some expiring contract. Maybe Rozier....no more.  Philly is choking on centers and they will lose Noel next year either way.  Some team will step up and pay him beyond his keeping price by Philly.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:48 pm

112288 wrote:NO TRADING THIS YEARS PICK!  This could be the year to get a number #1 pick....lot us not screw it up!

AMEN.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:30 am

I'll add my opinion on more rumors here as they come up:

first

P. George- newer rumors say the Celtics are inquiring about the 26YO SF. You can make salary's match by sending Amir and Crowder back to the Pacers, but Bird will never move George without getting the Nets pick back this year. IF something like this would happen, I would hope Danny can get Christmas or Seraphin back with George.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Nurkic scratched from the list

Jeff Goodman: Denver trades Jusuf Nurkic and 1st-rounder to Portland for Mason Plumlee, 2nd-rounder and cash, source told ESPN. First by @Adrian Wojnarowski. –  via Twitter GoodmanESPN  

Draft, Trade, Jusuf Nurkic, Mason Plumlee, Denver Nuggets, Portland Trail Blazers

I had Zeller and a future first as a possible trade option. seems about the same as Denver gave UP a first to get Plummer and the rights to pay him as a RFA here.

Last edited by kdp59 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:18 pm

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2017/02/nba_trade_rumors_sixers_are_seeking_2017_first-rou.html

this works right in with the Lopez for a first rumors, so the Bulls could swap the pick for Okafor.

Obviously we cannot offer them a first next year for Okafor, but I wonder if that T-wolves second rounder next year along with either our own first in 2018 OR the right to Yabusele would get a deal done?

we would also have to send back salary in the $4M or more range (Philly is under the cap and can take back more).

Zeller?

Jerebko?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:34 pm

The Toronto Raptors announced Tuesday they have acquired forward-centre Serge Ibaka from the Orlando Magic in exchange for forward-guard Terrence Ross and a future first-round draft pick. “Our organization is excited to add a player of this caliber to our team as we strive to reach the next level,” said Raptors President Masai Ujiri. “Serge Ibaka brings valuable postseason experience and elevates our talent level in many different areas. We thank Terrence for his dedication and service to the Raptors organization. He is a wonderful young man who has helped our team grow the last few seasons

I underestimated what it would cost to get ibaka for a couple months rental here, or Toronto overpaid.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Serge can play the stretch 4.  He is also a decent defender and rebounder and he plays physical.  It would have taken more than Rozier given the need to match salaries.  So the whole story is missing another component.

Overall it is a good move by the Rators but they will be limited to do much more if they intend to keep Lowry.

One thing is certain DA is not going to part with anything unless he gets equal or better value.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down