international
dboss
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Celts want Kyrie - Page 5 Empty Re: Celts want Kyrie

Post by fierce Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:43 pm

BleedGreen wrote:
swedeinestonia wrote:Total player value Celtics loses on this one, but they become a better team. Eventually you have to make the step and convert good players into great players and picks into real players. Irving is a an upgrade over Thomas both offensively and defensively, Crowder is replaceable and was who he was, he was not going to turn into a star. Zizic is an unknown and didnt look that great in summer league but will probably end up being a solid backup center.

The pick might or might not turn up to be a high pick for possibly a good player but its an unknown. Already had Brown and Tatum (plus whatever lakers pick) that will need their playing time, theres just so many talented but not good/great players you can have at any given time.

One other plus to this trade is that some roster spots got cleared up and also Celtics are now a true contender which means they will eventually be able to get all those freebie good veteran players looking for a chance to win. The bench should not really be a problem once Tatum and Brown steps up and shows we have 3 allstars + two young and very good players.

I am in favor of this trade. I am not in favor of people who say the following scenario would not mean the Celtics lost the trade come 2020.

If Kyrie leaves in free agency in 2 years with 0 titles here AND (wow let's not forget this part) the Nets pick lands a generational superstar on par with Giannis or Kawhi, then the Celtics will 100% feel foolish and have lost the trade. They took a chance and missed and the franchise will still be in ok shape but will really have missed out on being special the entire decade of the 2020's.

That is unlikely to happen. But saying it might and that Boston would lose the trade if it does is just the truth.

What you're trying to do is force what is the truth for you unto others.

Maybe that's the truth for you, but that doesn't mean it's the universal truth because it's just your opinion.

Remember, you tried to force everyone to believe that the truth is the Celts didn't own Thomas' Bird rights because Thomas hasn't played 3 consecutive seasons for the Celts.

You and GYSO had and extended debate about that and you ended up being wrong.

Like what GYSO said, all of us here can agree to disgree.

I mean you said I was wrong about Morris being included in the trade.
But you were also wrong because you said Rozier was going to be included in the trade.
In the end it was Zizic.

That's why I said don't force us to believe you because clearly you are not Danny Ainge or Brad Stevens.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedGreen Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 pm

fierce wrote:
BleedGreen wrote:
swedeinestonia wrote:Total player value Celtics loses on this one, but they become a better team. Eventually you have to make the step and convert good players into great players and picks into real players. Irving is a an upgrade over Thomas both offensively and defensively, Crowder is replaceable and was who he was, he was not going to turn into a star. Zizic is an unknown and didnt look that great in summer league but will probably end up being a solid backup center.

The pick might or might not turn up to be a high pick for possibly a good player but its an unknown. Already had Brown and Tatum (plus whatever lakers pick) that will need their playing time, theres just so many talented but not good/great players you can have at any given time.

One other plus to this trade is that some roster spots got cleared up and also Celtics are now a true contender which means they will eventually be able to get all those freebie good veteran players looking for a chance to win. The bench should not really be a problem once Tatum and Brown steps up and shows we have 3 allstars + two young and very good players.

I am in favor of this trade. I am not in favor of people who say the following scenario would not mean the Celtics lost the trade come 2020.

If Kyrie leaves in free agency in 2 years with 0 titles here AND (wow let's not forget this part) the Nets pick lands a generational superstar on par with Giannis or Kawhi, then the Celtics will 100% feel foolish and have lost the trade. They took a chance and missed and the franchise will still be in ok shape but will really have missed out on being special the entire decade of the 2020's.

That is unlikely to happen. But saying it might and that Boston would lose the trade if it does is just the truth.

Maybe that's the truth for you, but that doesn't mean it's the universal truth because it's just your opinion.

Remember, you tried to force everyone to believe that the truth is the Celts didn't own Thomas' Bird rights because Thomas hasn't played 3 consecutive seasons for the Celts.

But you were also wrong because you said Rozier was going to be included in the trade.
In the end it was Zizic.

That's why I said don't force us to believe you because clearly you are not Danny Ainge or Brad Stevens.

Your behavior here is bizarre. Again, I ask you to relax and grow up.

I admitted I was wrong about the Bird Rights albeit it being over a technicality of having them now or acquiring them during the season and general cap confusion brought on by misinformation spread by so-called 'experts' on Twitter and Sirius radio. Regardless, no big deal and I appreciated Gyso's knowledge and told him so.

And I said that any number of player combinations could be added to IT/Jae to make this trade work including Rozier, Yabu, Semi and Zizic. I was correct but also Kyrie has to waive his trade kicker so that 2 players making less than Rozier $ didn't have to be added. What was wrong was thinking Danny would 'have to' move both his defensive 3-4's in the trade b/c they 'have five SF's" when quotes from Stevens show he doesn't even use that term, he calls guys wings and 3-4's and to think they'd have moved both Jae and Morris was clearly not happening.

I'm not forcing anyone to 'believe me'. I'm just stating the truth that this trades winner or loser is probably a minimum of 2 years away from being known. Maybe it will be a 'win win', but if Kyrie leaves in '19 with 0 titles AND the Nets pick is the next Giannis or Kawhi then the C's lose the trade. For some strange reason you disagree with that fact. Weird. You need to chill out and just admit when you err.
BleedGreen
BleedGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:09 am

BleedGreen wrote:
fierce wrote:
BleedGreen wrote:

In the end it was Zizic.

Your behavior here is bizarre. Again, I ask you to relax and grow up.  

I admitted I was wrong about the Bird Rights albeit it being over a technicality of having them now or acquiring them during the season and general cap confusion brought on by misinformation spread by so-called 'experts' on Twitter and Sirius radio. Regardless, no big deal and I appreciated Gyso's knowledge and told him so.

And I said that any number of player combinations could be added to IT/Jae to make this trade work including Rozier, Yabu, Semi and Zizic. I was correct but also Kyrie has to waive his trade kicker so that 2 players making less than Rozier $ didn't have to be added. What was wrong was thinking Danny would 'have to' move both his defensive 3-4's in the trade b/c they 'have five SF's" when quotes from Stevens show he doesn't even use that term, he calls guys wings and 3-4's and to think they'd have moved both Jae and Morris was clearly not happening.

I'm not forcing anyone to 'believe me'. I'm just stating the truth that this trades winner or loser is probably a minimum of 2 years away from being known. Maybe it will be a 'win win', but if Kyrie leaves in '19 with 0 titles AND the Nets pick is the next Giannis or Kawhi then the C's lose the trade. For some strange reason you disagree with that fact. Weird. You need to chill out and just admit when you err.

Your opinion is the winner or loser of this trade is 2 years away.
Nothing wrong with that because that's your opinion.
The problem starts when you say something like if I don't agree with that opinion of yours, it's strange and weird.

It's not weird or strange, it's just a difference of opinion.

And please don't compare me to Donald Trump because you're the one who talks like Trump.

I mean look at your posts, they're very long, like long essays.
It's like you love listening to yourself talk.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5