Warriors @ Celtics Game # 16 Pregame Analysis

4 posters

Go down

Warriors @ Celtics Game # 16 Pregame Analysis Empty Warriors @ Celtics Game # 16 Pregame Analysis

Post by dboss Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 am

Next Up is Golden State, the World Champions.  Two years ago The Celtics went out there and broke their winning streak.
On March 8th of last year's road trip Boston played at Golden State.  After the game, the ESPN headlines read Warriors fall at home to Celtics again: Boston wins 99-86

The optimum word here is again.  The most recent GS visit to Boston produced a 104-88 home thrashing and the only play I remember is Marcus matchups on Durant. On one play Durant found his way about 8 ft out left side.  Durant turns and shoots the jumper while fading away and Marcus looks like a little person guarding a giant.  Last year we did not have anyone who could match up with him.

Nevertheless, Boston has proven to be a vengeful team and there was a definitive purpose to their trip. You beat us and we will beat you is their theme. So they beat them in their gym last season. (Durant did not play)

The year Golden State almost won every game and were undefeated at home, they had a record going on.  AND on December 11th 2015 they came to our court and beat the Celtics (IN OVERTIME) 124-110.  Boston returned the favor on April fools day 2016 where they beat them down 109-106.  The Warriors record was 68-7 and they were undefeated at home going into that game.

Now we hear Steve Kerr buttering us up like a hot roll just out of the oven.  The 2015-2016 season revealed that Boston CAN play with Golden State so he is late to the party.

Over the past two years the Celtics beat them twice on the road and they beat Boston twice at the Gardens.

So yes Kerr, The Celtics are the future but the future already began two years ago.  The truly amazing phenomena is that he is saying that about a practically new team.  Credit the entire organization from owners, to Danny and a great coaching staff with boy genius running the show with a great group of players.

Every game against Golden State demands attention.  The Celtics need to play their game.  defense + more defense, rebounding, ball handling, passing, few turnovers. hustle, +++ENERGY.  They need to close them out tonight.  Has anybody seen that masked man?

The challenge is enormous.  Golden State has a near perfect offense as compare to every other team in the league.  They have mastered the pace and space game.  They take a lot of 3'sss so Boston's perimeter defense is vital.  There are going to be some great matchups.

Curry vs Irving is a wash.  They are two great offensive players but Curry is a very scary shooter from deep, deep.  Kyrie will have to stay with him on the perimeter and when he drives the ball. I have a feeling we are going to witness an A++ game from Irving.  He has killed them before.

The matchup with everybody's favorite, Clay Thompson and our second year stud Jaylen Brown is going to be a serious contest.  Thompson is an excellent shooter.  Brown is our answer to big guards.  He is quicker and more athletic than Thomas.  When Jaylen plays well he is really good at both ends.

Who checks Durant?  I am not sure.  If Durant plays 4 you have to check him with Morris.  If he play 3 then the rook Tatum gets a taste of the good life.  Or maybe you put Morris on the blabber mouth Green and let the rook check Durant.  So far this year Tatum has flat out balled so go check Durant and see how you like that.

ZaZa is my least favorite player.  When we got Baynes my wishes were answered.  Australia against ZaZa.  Who will you take.  I got all of Australia but we are more likely to see Al Check ZaZa because he knows all of his strengths and weaknesses.  Either way it will be beat down night for Mr. Peculiar.

Our bench needs to play their asses off.

Nick Baggy has found a home away from LA.  He will shoot a three point shot from anywhere at any time.  He fits in well on offense with the Warriors.  The Celtics will put somebody on him (probably Rozier or Smart)

Pain in the ass David West along with Livingston and Iguodala are still there as is JaVale McGee.  Their rookie out of Oregon Jordan Bell was an excellent pick for them.  He is a high flyer.

The truth about these matchups is that Boston players will cover anyone and they have done that  better than any team this year.  The Celtics can now put more length on the court and I expect coach Sevens to give guys like Durant different looks.  

The Celtics just need to go out and pound the living shit out of them and they win the game.

This is going to be a small ball game.

Other factors (Stevens is a better coach than Kerr)  I'm just saying.

Go Celtics!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Warriors @ Celtics Game # 16 Pregame Analysis Empty Re: Warriors @ Celtics Game # 16 Pregame Analysis

Post by kdp59 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:46 pm

how and who Tatum matches up with is the biggest question for me. Tatum playing either Durant or Green are both major mismatches for the rookie right now, IMO

Morris would seem like the logical match up defensively with Durant most of the game.

Horford on Green?

Baynes on Zaza ( as you noted)

Smart on Iguodala ?

That leaves Jaylen on Klay and Irving on Curry as you noted also.

we'll all see how Brad plays it out tonight
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Warriors @ Celtics Game # 16 Pregame Analysis Empty Re: Warriors @ Celtics Game # 16 Pregame Analysis

Post by Phil Pressey Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Golden State is scary great when they get it going. This is one game we can't afford a lid on the basket. I say keep feeding the guys who are feeling it. If Brown and Tatum have it going, let them put up some points.

I think Marcus Smart will shoot well tonight. I'd rather him figure it out and we resign him for $15-20 million than he stays in the funk. He's at 28%! That can't last unless it's a psychological problem.

I want him to succeed. I want his working on it during the off-season to finally click. He definitely has ice in his veins for all other parts of the game. If Smart turns into a star, then we might be the best team even without Hayward. I'm rooting for him. We need him to start hitting his shots. If he also sucked on free throws, I'd have already given up. I think it's in his head. It's snowballing.

These guys are all affected with extra pressure whenever their contracts are up or trade deadlines are approaching.

Danny has let nearly every guy go in that situation. It wasn't just this year cleaning the roster to fit in Hayward. Turner gone. Bass. Sully. Bradley.

I'm still mad at Pitino for not holding on to David Wesley.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP

now

Marcus Morris will start for the Celtics tonight, the smaller lineup with Irving, Tatum, Brown and Horford.
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP

now

Marcus Morris will start for the Celtics tonight, the smaller lineup with Irving, Tatum, Brown and Horford.
reply retweet like

bob

Bob I am not surprised by this.  Morris is proving to be a worthy addition.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down