Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:09 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/01/comments-from-other-side-pelicans-11618.html

by FLCeltsFan

Game 43: Pels @ well liked Eastern Conference team 1/16 7:30 EST

How bad do we lose?

Pels win

I have no idea who're playing next but I have high hopes for this game.

Pels vs team that loses to Golden State in the '18 finals, would've been an appropriate thread title.

What a surprise!   Excellent front office hires excellent young coach and patiently accumulates assets by adroitly mixing draft picks, trades and free agent acquisitions— result 34-10 record. Short term pain, long term gain.

About 1 year ago (Jan. 23, 2017), Kyrie Irving visited the Smoothie King Center and put up 49 points against the Pels. Don’t want to see anything like that again tonight.

Different team though And Pelicans won that game I believe. Sent the King home with a loss

Boogie really is a walking turnover

Pels playing well so far, hopefully Brad Stevens is high and doesn’t make any good adjustments.

AD getting mugged least the ref is blowing the whistle

Nice showing this first quarter. Three to go. AD looks like a man on a mission once Boogie left the floor

Just a frustrating start. Should be up 5+. Now should be up about 10. I'll take 4 though

That's three bad calls to the Celtics so far

We already have three steals, Celtics cannot keep a hold on the ball

Moore on Brown is...well, bad

This team can't make layups or free throws. Should be up way more than we are. Boston has been awful...and now we are losing

Kyrie trying to defend the AD fadeaway is hilarious

Sure, give Kyrie a free 3 points when he can't get going. That's one way to blow a lead

Oh come on, that was a nonsense call where Kyrie created the contact. Refs wouldn't call it 90% of the time

So Boston misses a 3. The ball is heading out of bounds. The Pels could finally get a stop! Moore tips it out of bounds. Gives them 2 points. #PelsBasketball

Marcus Smart tackling an already airborne AD. That needs to be a flagrant from now on, tbh

AD ready for another 40 point night

Keep whining Rozier, just don't foul so blatantly

Miller just put Tatum on the floor!!!!!!!!!

I thought so until I saw the replay. Looks like he just slipped lol

In tears from that LMAO

Horford trying as hard as he can to draw fouls without doing anything

Jrue holiday needs to put together a "missed calls mixtape" and send it to every ref for their birthdays.

Stay in the paint. They have no real rim protector

Al Horford is living on ADs arm.

I’d be cool with Kyrie killing us. But Morris killing us is super frustrating

Cousins misses two layups in a row, can't get back on defense, isn't running on offense. Take his arse out moron!!! Just give him a quick 2 minute break.

Looks like AD feeling it tonight Just continuation from MSG to the TD Garden

If the pels play like this all night we have a good shot to be in this game by the 24th qtr

The mugging of AD continues

Clear out by baynes not called    Celts getting a ton of benefit from the refs. Looks like they are letting them play I guess

Celtics getting away with an awful lot of *physicality* It’s all they can do to slow down the Pels, can’t keep up when they’re giving effort like they are tonight

Agreed with the physicality Think jrue was having to use a lot of energy covering the SF, and getting hit without calls. Boogie starting to flop because of the lack of calls

Baynes in particular Is playing really dirty. Saw Rondo jawing and elbowing with him after the half so it’ll be interesting to see what happens

Irving only had 3 points. Great D by the Pelicans

End of the first half: 58-48, we're killing it.

Don't look now, but someone is getting locked up by Rondo. With 3 points on 0-5 shooting.

Wow. One of the best halves we've played this season. Hope we can keep this up.

Lol at the optimism in this thread. I was once young and naive

If we could get this Rondo every game, even every other game, just imagine.

We do get this rondo every other game. That's why we are ~.500

Maybe Boston is pulling a Pelicans where they overlook a team they think they are superior to and it ends up costing them.

Doesn't look like that -- been a really well played and hard fought game. Neither team is just going through the motions. Can't speak to Kyrie's personal motivations though. Maybe Rondo just came out and wanted to say "this is still my house" to him.

Wonder if Baynes is related to this Bane
Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home Bane_Tom_Hardy5

He's as dirty as him

Take heed boys. Up at half by 10 on the road against the second best team in the league, looking good doing it and less than a page of posts on this game Maybe the pels fans are not getting their hopes up BC they think the team will blow it in the second half but you know there would be much more people coming here to complain if we were down 10. Sigh lets go Pels

lets go Pels  Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home Iconcheers

Boogie coming out of the half asleep Lookin’ a little lost on D those last two trips

AD looking like Shaq from 3 tonight

Kyrie needs to chill

Rondo and Cousins need to at least try on D. Boogie just let Baynes walk right by him for a rebound leading to 2nd chance points and Next possession let’s Kyrie go right by him.

I know the Celtics play good defense, but boy they camp out in the lane, like, forever

The return of kyrie? This game is driving me insane. 11-0 Boston run

We play defense like 5 mannequins

Kyrie revenge quarter

The intensity level has been turned up .. We can’t melt now

I believe we will win this game, then get rocked by the fricking hawks.

If we lose to a flat earther.

If Kyrie is getting that call, he is actually unguardable

Danny Ainge looks like he's wearing a rubber Skeletor mask in flesh tones

I have yet to see Rondo put this level of effort on the defensive end all season TBH. Though it started to fall apart a bit in the second half, not necessarily the fault of Rondo though.

Please let Smart start to feel his jumper

I don't care if he's shooting 28% from three or whatever, no one should get 18 feet of open space from 3

We withstood a Kyrie explosion in the 3rd and only lost 3 points off our lead

TD garden sure is quiet.

Smart is redick against us

Did boogie bet on Boston?

We have to find a way to win this game

I came into this with the lowest of expectations. But now I’m invested in this contest.

Why the frick does boogie ever handle the ball at the three point line?

Boogie is just bad at basketball

Boogie isn’t playing defense . He needed to rotate on Brown on that corner 3. Man my eyes are telling me that Cousins doesn’t know how to win in crunch time.

What a lame fan base. Mounting a come back but they aren't even being heard until they tie it up.

Out hustled and not initiating on offense. Recipe for failure.

It seems like every game as our players get tired they stop running the offense and just toss it to Cousins to create.

I think that is where depth comes back to bite you. The Celtics have it in spades so they are coming at you with a well rested platoon of players while the Pels are clearly fatigued.

The Celtics have two players over 25 minutes right now, the Pels have all of our big three over 30 minutes, closing in on 35.

Must be nice to have a crowd like Boston.

Jrue has been an ingrown hair on Irving butt cheek tonight for the most part. Great Aggressive D

They played well but the allowed physicality hurt us

Never even heard of Theis before.

They need to change the 3pt line. The Celtics are up to 44 3pt attempts in this game.

This team is set for failure as long as Gentry is here. I hope management doesn't expect to sell tickets next year. If the fans don't see they care then the fans won't care. The Pelicans need a shake up badly.

I'll admit I thought we robbed the kings in the trade like most did. But man, boogie is simply not a winning basketball player

Bench points Boston 40…Pels 16 That is really tough to overcome, no matter how well your starters play And Moore has gone completely back in the tank on offense

Celtics have played 11 men Most minutes by any player at this point is Horford with 30. Pels have played 8 men.

This is true. They also have a team full of high lottery picks and are almost entirely healthy as well.

Kyrie carries basically every play

Celts announcers were talkin about how they're gonna snag AD earlier

Can't blame them for it, in this era of the NBA you basically have two contracts to prove you are worthy of your star player sticking around. I don't think New Orleans has made that case just yet. If we had built a roster as stout and competitive as Boston's, we would be getting cocky about enticing superstars as well. We'd be the shark circling the waters of struggling franchises.

Smart hand checks every time he guards someone, we got a superstar call there

SUPER STAR CALLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSS! So this is what it feels like!!!

This is our game.... We deserve the W.... Anthony deserves the W

I smell a Kyrie 3...

Yeah Stevens is going to draw up a sick 3 pt play right here.

Please let Rondo be the decision maker on final possessions. Please. Not Boogie. Not Jrue. If you can't trust him to do that, why is he here?

They let Theils do moving screen every play.

Brad Stevens has forgotten more basketball than Gentry knows about the game.

I have no hope with overtime. Momentum has completely shifted and we were just hanging on, that was our chance and I think we just blew it.

Overtime is rarely good news for us. I’m still shocked we played this way against Boston thus far.

Irving walks A lot

“Blow up the Celtics and trade everyone to the Pelicans.”

Great game by AD, but Jrue just outplayed Kyrie

Frick the Nets for being so stupid and making the Celtics so good.

Terrible miss on that Kyrie travel

They missed an AD travel at the end of regulation to

Celtics team is the luckiest team ever!

I’ll be damn the Pelicans caught a break From NJ

BEAT THE TRAFFIC CELTS FANS

Best game of the szn. Started watching from last 3 mins in 4Q. Holiday looked very determined to win this game. I had a good feeling. Then freaking Moore gave the ball to kyrie I thought it was over. Smh

I hope every team in the East paid attention tonight They look like the same Celtics that struggle in the playoffs every year, this was a blueprint

Pelicans blueprint to playing NBA games is to play down to a subpar team and to play up to a contender

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down