Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home, 1/11/23

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home, 1/11/23 Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Pelicans, Home, 1/11/23

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:47 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2023/01/comments-from-other-side-pelicans-11123.html

by FLCeltsFan

Celtics have the most complete roster in the NBA when Williams is healthy..really a team without much of a weakness in their top 8 players. And, as a team, they share the ball (6th in the league in assists) and their assists to turnover ratio is likewise outstanding. Meanwhile, we lead the league in visits to the nurse's office.

Robert Williams and Marcus Smart are both OUT tonight for the Celtics. This plays to our advantage and at least goes some way to mitigating the absence of BI/Zion.

color me optimistic, but if Smart and Williams don't play, this might be considered a trap game for Boston....

Even fully healthy Boston would scare me. Tough tough game thru and thru especially in Boston. Let's play them tough and see if we can pull off an upset

Boston plays nets tmrw perhaps they overlook pels tonight

One thing this team has taught me the past 1 1/2 seasons, is that dog factor. These guys don’t give up, they don’t quit, and have that “never say never” attitude”. Because of that, I wouldnt count them out

Hopefully the Celtics don’t hit 25 3s on 60% shooting like last game…

How about WE get some injury luck and one of Jayson Tatum and Brown sit a game, that would be WAYYYYY too much to ask tho

No BI, Zion, or Jones, right?

No problem. JV and CJ will put up 65 combined.

Lots of contact that is being let go so far let's hope it continues

I dont think Ive ever watched Al Horford have a bad shooting night from 3

Dyson about to lockdown Brown AND Tatum

Let’s see how long I last with the biased Celtics broadcast

Williams is annoying

Horford always has big games vs Pels

Man the Celtics shoot a lot of 3s. Holy sh** I feel like it's been every shot for them so far

Four chances is just utterly unacceptable. Our hustle on rebounding is shocking, and one of our biggest holes.

Oh Dys you did all that stepbacking only to shoot a longer 2 lol

I see our defense is sticking to the gameplan of last time vs the Celtics of giving the best 3 point shooting team nonstop wide open looks

They are not the best 3 point shooting team

It’s like I’m watching the prime warriors with all these 3’s

The Venus de Milo moved more than TMIII in that rebounding sequence

Are the celtics the whitest team in the league?

Can't be upset with that start. Only got ourselves to blame for the wide open 3pts they're draining - it's no secret that the Celtics completely depend on it.

Shooting 60% and we’re down 3 lol. Boston is good

Before that last Jax airball Pels were 5 for 5 on 3’s. Unfortunately Boston has 7 3’s.

Boston took 17 three point shots, making 7. Mon Dieu. So I guess they will have 68 threes for the game, making 28. (MY NOTE: A Ragin' Cajun in the house!)

Tatum got one ugly a** shot

Nets fan here, go pelicans! Celtics are not missing from three.

Welp. We need to be healthy. I don’t want this to be another “if only” year

This team is an absolute buzzsaw

Must be nice to have both your star players healthy

I hate the Celtics

How is JV getting owned by Kornet?

He’s 7’2. JV is like 6’11

JV post up hasn’t worked the last 5 times so let’s keep doing it

2 handed push in the chest not s foul if Kornet does it I guess

The Celtics know how to create space and open their shooters up, we need to do the same.

That Kornet contest thing is stupid and doesn’t work and I love it when Trey Murphy does put back dunks

I wish devontae rather than hitting 2/3 for two games then nothing for 20 games would just hit 1 a game outta 3

I'm absolutely exhausted of Devonte Graham man

Calls getting one sided

Jaxson definitely selling tonight. No BBIQ in the slightest which is frustrating as he**. Just runs through the dude.

Jax has commited that exact foul dozens of times its incredible that he hasnt learned. Literally as I type this he sets an insanely obvious illegal screen lol

Fire up the annual Jaxson Hayes trade machine

Brown bulldozing Dyson

jaxson hayes is such a stupid player

Well fellas looks like we used up all of Hayes’ good games of the season

Ugh these calls vs no calls for us are seriously exhausting

I’d be curious to watch the C’s without JB, Tatum and anyone of their best defenders (MY NOTE: Smart and RWill didn't play so you got part of your wish. You'd like to see how you'd do against our 2nd and 3rd units, I guess.)

Need JV to cook more in the 2nd half, CJ can’t do everything

Jv wont cook vs this team

Agreed. Higher chance he'll slow down in the second half.

The amount of contact they let go on JV is ridiculous

Jaylen Brown pushes off and lowers his shoulder every single drive and somehow gets rewarded with free throws

Trying to stay positive, but I really want us to win on their court. It will boost confidence for when we beat them in the finals.

Jaylen Brown is such a tough cover

These refs are trash.

Horford hits 3s. Why are they leaving him wide open.

Another dogsh** call. Refs the Celtics are the best team in the league at the moment they don't need your help.

their whole lineup is weapons

So annoying playing this team. They can't miss against us

I feel like you don't need to watch most celtics games. All you need to ask is how did they shoot from 3. That'll tell you if they won or lost

how tf can a team be this good at shooting 3s??

we playing damn near perfect and next thing u know we down 8 2 possessions later

I hate when the Pels lose because of a depleted roster and not because of merit of the opponents

We are playing at max capacity, but the Celtics are playing with more bullets in the chamber

I had hoped we might catch the Celtics napping...no such luck

Pels def win this with bi or Zion playing. I love the fight and heart of the team but sometimes that talent gap does show when we play teams like this.

Refs are GIVING this to boston

Watching JB hit all these perfectly contested shots makes me miss Brandon so bad

C’s a bounce of clowns

Every time we get close, the Celtics just hit a couple of threes to extend the lead, just like our game against the C’s earlier this year.

We are playing pretty good D, they are hitting lots of tough shots.

Would love to see Mazzullas quizzlet note on Jax, feel like it is not very long

What the f*** did the Pelicans ever do to Jaylen Brown

Celtics are too good man. Reminding me of playing the warriors back in the day, just unstoppable offense, nobody ever misses

Man these mfers just don't miss it seems like

Jaylen Brown just can't be stopped tonight so I guess we have to live with it.

Well, we tried lol.

Must be nice to defend how every you like, once again pels driving all game and have taken 15 ft’s…

Yeah crazy watching a team that has shot almost 40 3s get 23 free throws.

I love JV but sometimes he just sits there like a traffic cone

JV has the foot speed of a tortoise on quualudes

JV is getting absolutely styled on. He's half a step behind everyone else on the court, and the Celtics are toying with him on both ends.

Jaylen Brown isn’t allowed to go to Mardi Gras

I don't know what's more frustrating, our FT% or their off reb. Second, third, fourth chances...

I blame the King Cake Baby

They never miss

What does Devonte Graham do?

Throw up low percentage bricks at the beginning of the shot clock

Game over Congrats C’s you’re really a tough team

It's always annoying to lose vs a bounce of clowns but this team is fighting.

I am still not sure the C's will beat the Bucks in the playoffs.

At least we didn’t have to watch Marcus Smart tonight.

As it stands, the Pelicans have to go find another "star" that doesn't have to sit out a month if they bounce the basketball too hard.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down