Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/01/comments-from-other-side-76ers-11818.html

Celts have our number. Harford, Kyrie, Tatum, Jaylen.... They all own us. Bayless starting in place of Redick. Expecting an uphill battle from the jump.

They reveal the All-Star starters tonight and by all accounts the last east spot is between Horford and Embiid. One of the two will have extra motivation tonight depending on whats announced.

The Celtics/Sixers rivalry of old has been reborn. It will be exciting to watch.

Irving (shoulder) will be held out of Thursday's contest against the 76ers Sixers up 40 at the half, lose by 25 "B..b...but we didn't have JJ Redick!"

It’s inevitable that Rozier will go off tonight. 25+ points. Do they still have Larkin? He’ll probably kill us too off the bench.

Shane Larkin da Gawd is going to finish us off tonight. It was a fun ride guys

If Rozier has a big night tonight, maybe Ainge will add him to his original offer of a 2nd round pick for Anthony Davis.

Need Jerryd Bayless to have a hot week or two, so we can move him.

it’s kind of a bummer that the Celtics last game was against the Pelicans, the team with (arguably) the best two big men in the league. They essentially got a solid warm up after playing Boogie and AD on how to play Embiid defensively and also how to defend a team who’s biggest threat is their center

I mean the game before they played us, and they’ve held Embiid in check this year. Horford + Baynes is a lot of experience to try to beat for a second year guy.

C’s are the better team. If the Sixers win, it would be fantastic. If they lose, it’s no sweat. I’m interested in seeing how the rotations work out.

UGH listening to Simmons Lowe Podcast They still trying to suggest that Embiid hasn’t played enough games to be a starter. WTF? How many games do you need to play in order to get these morons approval?

The answer to how many games they need to play is one- in a Celtics jersey

Joel Embiid has been impressed by Markelle Fultz in practice.

Why is he not playing then. If he can already impact an NBA game in a positive way get him on the court.

I think we’re trying not to get too high of a seed.

Lebron may not want to come if it becomes quickly obvious that we can win multiple championship without him.

Getting swallowed up by Boston’s number 1 defense is probably not the best initiation for Fultz. That said, I don’t think he is ready yet

Kyrie is out with a sore shoulder. Sixers might be able to steal this one as long as Smart doesn’t have one of his rare good shooting nights.

Let’s see how All starry Horford and Tatum look against Ben and Biid with Kyrie out If Tatum out plays Ben and beat us again with Fultz still out I might spaz.

It’ll probably be one of Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, or Shane Larkin scoring a career high on 50%+ shooting that kills the Sixers.

Smh please no. I think Marcus Smart is questionable too.

He’s sick, but it was reported early today that he would play.

Darn. He is definitely a thorn

Better not get our guys sick when he’s all up in their grill on defense breathing in their faces.

Should be a competitive game without Kyrie.

I want some revenge tonight Especially with the all-whine team’s starting pg being out we have a shot.

Dang tatum looks good.

Horford is the most awkward player in NBA history. Everything he does is at half speed, sluggish, and his form is just atrocious. Have zero respect for him.

Simmons hit the top of the backboard but Fultz is out cause he can’t shoot, sounds about right.

These announcers suck.

Reggie Miller is legitimately the laziest and worst announcer in the league.

I can’t wait until Bayless and TCL are not on this team.

Isn’t the TCL the ligament that Fultz strained in his shoulder?

don’t give the sixers medical staff new injuries to come up with for people. "sixers medical staff announce a TCL tear in Fultz’s meniscus which has aggravated his partial TBD tear, from an earlier WTF strain which he tried playing through which led to further deterioration of the IDK cartilage leading to the TBD injury. he will be revaluated in 2 to 3 weeks."

Morris is bleeding

Has Roco done anything?

Got his ankles broken by Tatum

BB compares Redick to Irving. All right man.

Weeeeeeeeellll They both went to Duke

I hate our bench so much

Oh no we are going to get a big lead. Ahhhhhhhh

I have a feeling Celtics come back and we lose. Hope I'm wrong

Al horford is shooting 100% against us this year

Again I love Al Horford's game as a fellow ground bound guy...but dude stays bodying us.

I swear Smart is shooting 60% from deep against us in his career.

Celts need a guy who create plays with volume. That's why their offense looks lkst and turn the ball over that much. Can Tatum fill that role?

Missing Heyward and Kyrie tonight isn’t helping.

I knew that shot by roid man Smart was going in

Celtics look like the Sixers this quarter

They’re just playing possum until the 3rd.

Obviously all of these Celtic turnovers are part of Brad Stevens game plan. Sixer’s won’t know what hit them. 3D CHESS!!!!

We better beat the kyrie-less Celtics Also, I'm really worried about Fultz. Its not like the Embiid situation in which we knew if he can get on the court he can play. I really think he just had a season long shooting hot streak in college and fooled all of us. Hence his shit free throw percentage. If this is the case, Colangelo needs to be fired for pissing away 2 top ten picks for basically nothing.

We still have Ben and Jojo so well be all right but damn man, I would really like Tatum and the pick right now

I too had Tatum number 1 on my board. I also thought that Glen Mitchell was a bonafide top three player. Trade Fultz for Exum right now.

Even if Fultz’s shot never comes back, he’s still going to be a + player because his ability to get to the rim at will is still elite for his age. He’s going to be a good player no matter what.

Name one elite guard (not named Ben Simmons) who cant shoot?

If Fulltz cant shoot he wasn't worth the pick.

Horford’s jumper is ugly really….but can shoot.

Smart… drains a long three when I thought I couldn’t hate him more.

BB another elite timeout!!! Smart hits a 911 shot and we need to regroup immediately!!!! confused

I have the Boston NBCSports feed Never complain about Zumoff and Alaa And Scalabrine doing sideline

Boston has better actors on defense….freaking floopers

Thank god we only lead by 7 at half time. Anything bigger and we would collapse for sure.

Embiid went to back Rozier down and accidentally sent him to the moon, since he outweighs him by like a factor of 2

Tatum can’t guard Simmons

I almost don’t want them getting too big a lead sometimes.

Embiid: 12-12-3 (22 minutes) Horford: 8-1-0 (23 minutes) Who is Al Horford?

some guy who apparently has good advanced stats and is holding Bill Simmons family hostage somewhere.

Always nice to see JoJo abuse other teams

Especially the Celtics

The Boston Celtics ain’t shit without Kyrie Irving

And their other All Star out for the year. 76ers aint shit without Embiid

You know………..it’s good to just watch another team struggle when their key guy is out. Since we are always in that situation.

We could be up 50 and I’ll still be worried

Embiid clowned Theis there

Time to bring it home and embarrass these bastards in their building!!!

Brad Stevens you are not a fun interview

Ugly as hell but I don't care as long as we can finally pull out a W against the Celtics. I don't care if we only score 70 as long as we win the damn game.

Our schedule is easy as hell for most of the rest of the season. We should easily make the playoffs unless Embiid goes down. We still even have a good chance to get up as high as the #4 seed and homecourt advantage in the 1st round.

We play worse against bad teams than we do good teams, so an easy schedule is no guarantee for anything.

Let us have Brown and Smart 3s from kick outs all half please.

Tatum pulling an Evan turner Laughing

Tatum looking like a nine year vet on that play

I can't handle another blown lead against Boston.

Wondering why people think jaylen brown is a future star

you know if you had of told me that 5 years after tanking we'd have two players worth watching on the team...i'd almost be against it.

We have been so bad for so long and yet still have a bunch of holes. We have had like 25 draft picks and **** and yet we have maybe 3 guys to show for it. Only in Sixers country I guess.

I hate to give credit to any Boston player but how good is Irving Wow

It's not just Kyrie (he is amazing though). A team without multiple, competent, creators usually looks like trash. All the mistakes the Celtics are making look super familiar.

These Celtics dancers get an F-

Tatum is just an elite shooter

Tatum looking like a 16 year vet there

reggie miller really out here hoping the celtics win

We are such trash

Did you guys know embiid doesn’t practice?

Neither did Bill Russell 11 rings coming for the Sixers (MY NOTE: This is news to me!)

I love kicking the Celtics ass Even if they are shorthanded, I'm enjoying the shit out of it.

Nice flop by smart!

Refs favoring Celts wanting to make the game dramatic

that's a flagrant foul on morris.

Refs seem to be allowing Celtics to start mugging Joel I think one of them had a foreign object on that last Ben Drive. Crowbar?

Trident

Tatum Has been objectionably bad tonight.

Tatum has looked great without Kyrie Irving tonight hasn’t he??

God this is so awful, I hate so much this broadcasting. Jaylen brown fouling the shit out our players

So apparently Silver's goons put in a call to tonight's officiating crew To keep this game close by any means necessary.    Phantom foul calls: check Letting sixers players be fouled: check

And on the other side Celtics announcers were mad the Celtics didn’t have a single FT attempt in the game until 3:40 left in the third quarter

Morris is a piece of shit

As he comes of a screen someone needs to have an "accidental" elbow find his face.

The Morris thing that just happened, Brown mugging Ben, Larkin ****ing winding up and fouling Embiid. Trashy, Boston.

I was surprised that Larkin didn’t get a flagrant 1 for that foul. They give them out like candy now days.

Other teams do the little things….the little DIRTY things. I’m fed up….do we teach our guys to play dirty too? Serious question.

This is what I expected from the Celtics before they got Kyrie. I mean, with IT they’d be better than this, but – this is who I thought they were.

Even with Haywood?

They did have a great record last year without Kyrie

8th place bitches…..playoffs

Let’s get a higher seed.

Nah. I WANT BOSTON.

We are improving fellas. Usually we choke away the entire lead. Now we're only choking away 1/2 to 2/3rds of the lead and still winning. Progress!

TNT announcers really want Boston to win. Cant stop gushing about them. (MY NOTE: Maybe that's because we have the 2nd best record in the league?)

Well one is Kevin McHale, who played there and the other is Reggie Miller....who is an idiot So there is that

Perhaps the Celtics were "off" tonight because they were going up against the great Joel Embiid in the paint? He's a scary guy. Tends to have that effect on teams.

Nice to finally beat them Even if kyrie wasn’t there

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down