Round 2 Celtics vs. Sixers

5 posters

Go down

Round 2 Celtics vs. Sixers Empty Round 2 Celtics vs. Sixers

Post by dboss Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Theses teams have a deep history.

This one should be fun.  Brad always seems to find a player to put in the game.  With Jaylen out likely, I think Brad gives Nadar another look see.  I could see him getting some time off the bench.

Brad has a secret weapon but now everybody can see it.  Semi has fast become the darling of Celtics Nation with that lock down quality Defense.  Will Brad put Semi on Simmons?  Smart will likely start so Boston should be able to put a defense stamp on how this game will be played.

Baynes may be back in play with more minutes to bang with Embid.  They may however start Al on Embid like they did one game during the season.  It worked.  

The guy that is a key is JJ Redick.  He can shoot and he uses high screen well to get open for the 3 and he likes to shoot them.  Terry or Marcus will check him.  I would say Terry.

Tatum on Covington makes sense.  

The Sixers like to run and Simmons is the main ball handler.  We saw what happened when Boston let the Bucks run out.  

Here are a fews things that I think the Celtics may need to do.

Limit their fastbreak opportunities
Rebound the ball
Pay attention to not letting their shooters get open
Limit turnovers
Move the ball to the open man
Make Free Throws

This will be a tough series but I think Boston wins because of their defense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Round 2 Celtics vs. Sixers Empty Re: Round 2 Celtics vs. Sixers

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:18 pm

I was surprised to see that the Celtics all time advantage against the Sixers in playoff games was only 54-46. Tuesday`s game will be the 101st  playoff meeting between the franchises.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Foot those sixers had some real good teams all the way back to the Russell era.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 am

The late season additions of Belinellie and Ilyasova make Philly a deeper team.

Their starting lineup of Embid, Simmons, Saric, Covington and Redick provides them with a lot of size.  

The Celtics could counter with Baynes on Embid, Semi on Simmons, Horford on Saric, Tatum on Covington and Rozier on Redick.  

Or if they go small they could put Smart in the lineup.  The key matchup will be Simmons.  

If Baynes gets the start look for Monroe to see more rotation minutes.  Yabu may even get some run with the second unit.

The Celtics will need Morris to anchor the offense off the bench.  The Celtics are really short handed.  They have a lot of 6' 10" guys.  Theis would have been a nice matchup with Ilyasova.

On paper the Celtics look overmatched but paper never won a thing.

Brad Stevens will figure this out.  

The good thing is that Philly does not have an offensive player like the freak nor a shooter like Khris Middleton.  They have been blowing teams out because they like to run.

Slow them down by getting back on defense finding Simmons first and make them execute in the halfcourt.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:05 am

The key to this series is keeping Redick, Ilyasova, Bellelini from going off for 18-20 point games, when those guys get rolling they are almost unbeatable....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Embiid and Simmons are their two best players. Embiid is a center, and shot 31% from 3 this year (98 attempts) 3; Simmons shot 0% from 3 (11 attempts). Clog the paint to limit their two best players and let Reddick try and beat us from 3. Also, can't let them run on us.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:13 pm

The Celtics are strong in the very places where Philly has vulnerability, and likely the same can be said for the Celtics. Brown being out changes this a bit, but I still see this a very interesting series of matchup problems for both sides - and in no way to I see Philly as a big favorite.

The Celtics will have a hard time matching up with Simmons, although I think Smart will do as well as anyone in the NBA. Simmons is tough on offense. I dont see him stopping Rozier or Smart, but neither of them impact the game as much as Ben...so advantage Sixers.

Reddick will get his, but if Brown is healthy - no way he can deal with Jaylen either. Celtics have advantage here, pending Jaylen coming back.

Tatum vs Covington - no content. Jayson will turn him inside out. Advantage Celtics.

Horford vs. Saric - again, no contest. Al will kill him on both ends of the court. Advantage Celtics.
Semi vs. Saric - not sure. Sixers would be better on offense, but Celtics would be better on D.

Banes / Monroe vs Embid - thats a tough one. But when Al switches to cover him, I see it being a wash - as no way Joel can guard Horford either - if they spread the floor and Al starts from the top of the key. If anything, Embid is less mobile than Maker - who Horford moved around at will. I think Sixers have the advantage here, but again depends on match ups.

The bench is again an unknown for the Celtics, but likely the Sixers have the advantage.

So I dont see how the Sixers are clear favorites by any means. Celtics in 7.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down