wideclyde
KyleCleric
RosalieTCeltics
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Kemba walker - Page 3 Empty Re: Kemba walker

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:25 pm

If you replace a top 20 player, that you lost somewhat unexpectedly with another Top 20 player -no matter the position, that is a big win.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:29 pm

My point of reference in terms of winning is embedded in the history of the Boston Celtics.

No Celtics team has ever won a championship without great big man.  

If Boston were to win without a quality big it would be a first unless someone can name one of the 17 titles that was void of a great bigman.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Rumor has it BOS is in on a 3 way deal with HOU and PHI to acquire Capela. Coupled with Walker, that would be a great summer for Ainge
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:44 pm

red16russ11 wrote:Rumor has it BOS is in on a 3 way deal with HOU and PHI to acquire Capela.  Coupled with Walker, that would be a great summer for Ainge

Red,

Who are the rumors saying we're giving up to get those players?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:Rumor has it BOS is in on a 3 way deal with HOU and PHI to acquire Capela.  Coupled with Walker, that would be a great summer for Ainge

Red,

Who are the rumors saying we're giving up to get those players?

bob

Good question. I don’t think they do yet

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:53 pm

As the Kemba Walker signing becomes a fait accompli Boston will find itself only 20% of the way.

Boston will lose 5 of their top 9 rotation players in Horford, Irving, Morris, Rozier and Baynes.

Kemba can fill the void left by Kyrie.   The Celtics are still down 2 starters at PF and center plus  a BU center and a BU point guard.   The cost of adding Kemba maxes out FA dollars.  Therefore Boston must be looking at making a trade of two to put together a starting 5.  Someone is getting traded for a starting center.  Say goodbye to 1st team all defensive player and top hustle guy Marcus Smart.  

You can give thanks to the City of Brotherly Love.  They give up Butler and get Gordon from Houston and Marcus Smart from Boston with Capela coming to Boston.  Philly also takes back Yabusele and it will cost us a pick.

This is what happens when the philosophy of a team becomes disconnected from their history.  How to win but mores specifically what do you need to win.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:10 pm

I would make that trade. You always trade a guard if you can get a big. Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Capela is a great start to a nice team. And a young team.

Bring back Theis? With the kids and Williams, I still think we can be a 3 or 4 seed in the East

Oh, and Butler is better than Gordon, so it's kind of a net loss for PHI
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Frank Kaminsky will be a free agent

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:20 pm

red16russ11 wrote:I would make that trade.  You always trade a guard if you can get a big.  Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Capela is a great start to a nice team.  And a young team.

Bring back Theis?  With the kids and Williams, I still think we can be a 3 or 4 seed in the East

Philly is not really looking to spend big cash on both Butler and Harris.  They likely keep Harris and let reddick walk since you have Gordon and Smart provides that great defender that Philly has lusted for.

Boston gets a double double high energy center who at 25 provides a perfect fit in the timeline.  All however is not hunky dory.  Capela is a very bad shooter from the line and has no ability to stretch the floor.  If you play for Houston and cannot stretch the floor, then you cannot stretch the floor.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:32 pm

dboss wrote:As the Kemba Walker signing becomes a fait accompli Boston will find itself only 20% of the way.

Boston will lose 5 of their top 9 rotation players in Horford, Irving, Morris, Rozier and Baynes.

Kemba can fill the void left by Kyrie.   The Celtics are still down 2 starters at PF and center plus  a BU center and a BU point guard.   The cost of adding Kemba maxes out FA dollars.  Therefore Boston must be looking at making a trade of two to put together a starting 5.  Someone is getting traded for a starting center.  Say goodbye to 1st team all defensive player and top hustle guy Marcus Smart.  

You can give thanks to the City of Brotherly Love.  They give up Butler and get Gordon from Houston and Marcus Smart from Boston with Capela coming to Boston.  Philly also takes back Yabusele and it will cost us a pick.

This is what happens when the philosophy of a team becomes disconnected from their history.  How to win but mores specifically what do you need to win.

LOL.

This is what happens when your roll the dice on a headcase like Kyrie, Horford goes for the money, and before all that - your stud FA signing has the most horrific injury you will see in your lifetime.

Sometimes it sounds to me like that if the Celtics deviate from your prefered path to success, you would rather see them fail - so you can say "...told you so..."
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:33 pm

red16russ11 wrote:I would make that trade.  You always trade a guard if you can get a big.  Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Capela is a great start to a nice team.  And a young team.

Bring back Theis?  With the kids and Williams, I still think we can be a 3 or 4 seed in the East

100% agree. Glass Half Full.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:33 pm

KyleCleric wrote:Frank Kaminsky will be a free agent
There are 199 FA available.  On Hoops hype they have him ranked at #78. https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/21/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

Do you think MJ will sit back and let Danny Ainge and the Boston Celtics poach both Kemba Walker and Frank the tank?

Frank of course is a restricted FA.  He has value as a stretch 5 center off the bench.  The room exception (yes the room exception) may not be enough to sign him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:37 pm

dboss wrote:
There are 199 FA available.  On Hoops hype they have him ranked at #78. https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/21/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

Do you think MJ will sit back and let Danny Ainge and the Boston Celtics poach both Kemba Walker and Frank the tank?

Frank of course is a restricted FA.  He has value as a stretch 5 center off the bench.  The room exception (yes the room exception) may not be enough to sign him.
Frank isn’t getting a QO. He’ll be unrestricted

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:

Yes, renounced today.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:58 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:As the Kemba Walker signing becomes a fait accompli Boston will find itself only 20% of the way.

LOL.

This is what happens when your roll the dice on a headcase like Kyrie, Horford goes for the money, and before all that - your stud FA signing has the most horrific injury you will see in your lifetime.

Sometimes it sounds to me like that if the Celtics deviate from your prefered path to success, you would rather see them fail - so you can say "...told you so..."
Kleen you have a perfect right to question my views on the Celtics in terms of what they need but you do not have a right to question my loyalty as a Celtics fan. 

You are wrong in measuring what loyalty is.  Criticism and loyalty are not the same things.  I am surprised that you would come at me this way because I have been consistent in a belief that you have to have a great front line to win.  So to me, using an excuse as you have that Horford  went for more money is irrelevant to me because as I have stated countless times, the Celtics were not going to win a title if AH was their best big man.

I would rather see them win.  Your nuts if you think otherwise.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:00 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:

Yes, renounced today.
I could see Boston signing him but will he take short money because I think he could probably get more money elsewhere.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:14 pm

Shams Charania: Thunder center Nerlens Noel will not pick up his $1.9M player option for 2019-20 season and will be a free agent, league sources tell @The Athletic @Stadium. Noel and Thunder will discuss potential reunion, but several other teams are expected to express interest. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
Top Rumors, Free Agency, Salaries, Nerlens Noel,
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Noel would be okay as well, as a backup!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:17 pm

dboss wrote:My point of reference in terms of winning is embedded in the history of the Boston Celtics.

If Boston were to win without a quality big it would be a first unless someone can name one of the 17 titles that was void of a great bigman.

dboss,

I've seen you post this in the past.  Your point of reference has no relevance to today's game, IMO.  I would go so far as to say that our last championship in 2008 also has no relevance to today's game.  The game has changed.

I'm not saying that the game can't change again, but as of now, things that happened over 40 years ago has no impact as to how the game is played today.

Just saying.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:18 pm

dboss wrote:You are wrong in measuring what loyalty is. 

No one is questioning your loyalty. But your attitude that anything less than your preferred outcome is dooms, gets tiresome.

We are not even at Free Agency yet - and you are already criticizing moves that haven't taken place.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:28 pm

red16russ11 wrote:Noel would be okay as well, as a backup!

Red,

What do you see as a difference-maker between Nerlens Noel and the already cheap and under contract Robert Williams?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:31 pm

How do you guys feel about Maxi Kleber?
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:33 pm

bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:Noel would be okay as well, as a backup!

Red,

What do you see as a difference-maker between Nerlens Noel and the already cheap and under contract Robert Williams?

bob

I love Williams, and hope he plays a lot this year. Just throwing names out there.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:43 pm

red16russ11 wrote:How do you guys feel about Maxi Kleber?

Daniel Theis is will earn about the same money, and is better, younger and already knows the system. Whats the point?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:My point of reference in terms of winning is embedded in the history of the Boston Celtics.

dboss,

I've seen you post this in the past.  Your point of reference has no relevance to today's game, IMO.  I would go so far as to say that our last championship in 2008 also has no relevance to today's game.  The game has changed.

I'm not saying that the game can't change again, but as of now, things that happened over 40 years ago has no impact as to how the game is played today.

Just saying.

gyso

gyso as long as rebounding, block shots, free throw shooting and scoring in the paint, etc.,  are statistically captured elements in this game they clearly impacts the final outcome. Comments about how to improve in those areas is relevant.

As far as the game changing over the past 40 years and as you stated even since 2008, how exactly has the game changed?

40 years ago teams ran the pick and role offense as a mainstay.  They still do that today.  As a matter of fact one needs only to watch the early seventies and witness the pick and pop offense with Dave Cowens knocking down shots from deep.40 years ago fast break basketball was an important tactic.  40 years ago scoring in the paint was a component of a complete offensive attack.  40 years ago big strong rebounding teams had an edge over their opponents.  40 years ago teams  had an advantage of picking up fouls and getting to the line and knocking down shots  over teams that could not do that.

None of those components has changed.  None of those components can be left off the table if a team wants to succeed.  That is because those components are fundamental aspects of the game of basketball.

From what I have seen over so many years has been the proliferation and value placed on 3 point shooting and a corresponding defensive response to defending the deep perimeter.

I do not see where anything else has changed except for who is able to execute.  Centers can stretch the floor and defend out to the perimeter in some instances.  There have been rule changes to open up the offense and defensive changes that allow for zone defenses, for example.  There will always be rule changes but the fundamentals of the game of basketball have not changed one single bit.

I believe that my posts are very relevant to the past because while new strategies have emerged the game of basketball in its' purest form remains the same.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next