wideclyde
KyleCleric
RosalieTCeltics
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Kemba walker - Page 4 Empty Re: Kemba walker

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:21 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:If you replace a top 20 player, that you lost somewhat unexpectedly with another Top 20 player -no matter the position, that is a big win.
Right now our bigs are RW DT and a 6’7” rookie that I like....

Yabusele has shown little....Semi is not a big

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:27 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:If you replace a top 20 player, that you lost somewhat unexpectedly with another Top 20 player -no matter the position, that is a big win.
Right now our bigs are RW DT and a 6’7” rookie that I like....

Yabusele has shown little....Semi is not a big

Good point Cow - key phrase RIGHT NOW.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:30 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:Frank Kaminsky will be a free agent
There are 199 FA available.  On Hoops hype they have him ranked at #78. https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/21/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

Do you think MJ will sit back and let Danny Ainge and the Boston Celtics poach both Kemba Walker and Frank the tank?

Frank of course is a restricted FA.  He has value as a stretch 5 center off the bench.  The room exception (yes the room exception) may not be enough to sign him.
Frank isn’t getting a QO. He’ll be unrestricted

Yes, renounced today.

The irony here is that Danny Ainge, it was reported at the time, threw as many as 5 draft picks at Michael Jordan for the #9 pick in the 2015 draft so he could take Justise Winslow before Miami could, but MJ really wanted Kaminski and refused to trade with Danny.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:34 pm

MJ, great player, poor drafter.

Yes, Bob, quite ironic.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:42 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:You are wrong in measuring what loyalty is. 

No one is questioning your loyalty.  But your attitude that anything less than your preferred outcome is dooms, gets tiresome.

We are not even at Free Agency yet - and you are already criticizing moves that haven't taken place.  
My so-called preferred outcome is winning championships.

Stop questioning my preferred outcome and stop impugning my motives. 

I want the Celtics to win more championship. That is my preferred outcome. If they achieve that goal and everything they did to get there is 100% counter to anything I have ever said or written about the Celtics, I am good with it.

If my take on the Celtics is tiresome to you or anyone else on this forum please exercise your right to not read what I write.  Just assume that what I write is irrelevant and move on the the next post.

Last edited by dboss on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:43 pm

dboss wrote:

If my take on the Celtics is tiresome to you or anyone else on this forum please exercise your right to not read what I write.  Just assume that what I right is irrelevant and move on the the next post.

Noted.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Excellent advice and perspective Dboss.
I for one will read your posts. I too worry about Kemba eating up almost all our available dollars knowing how much we need bigs. Moreover, I would hate for Smart to become a Sixer.

We shall see. We shall see.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:15 pm

dboss wrote:My point of reference in terms of winning is embedded in the history of the Boston Celtics.

No Celtics team has ever won a championship without great big man.  

If Boston were to win without a quality big it would be a first unless someone can name one of the 17 titles that was void of a great bigman.
Perk was good but certainly not great.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:31 pm

I cannot believe Danny would let Smart go to the Sixers, there has to be something they can do. Boy, it is Thursday, we have to wait until 6 o’clock on Sunday for the ......to hit the fan. This is a worse post/pre season I can remember. When they traded for KG all I was worried about was Big Al, (a lot of good that did me he never truly became the force I thought he would be)

All because we trusted one guy to play his heart out, wear the Green and want to win it all here. What a shame because the basketball world is looking at him in a different way these days. Good luck to Brooklyn, if he pulls the garbage there that he did here the will eat him alive
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Chris Grenham
Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 4 hours ago
Woj on @SportsCenter says the Celtics are "more than a strong front-runner" for Kemba. Added that Boston "could have a commitment as soon as Sunday night." pic.twitter.com/llbgeZ0vHp

reply retweet like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1144366745119051783

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:59 pm

GREAT NEWS.......HE WILL BE A LEADER AND A STABLE LEADER FOR THE CELTICS.  HOPE THEY CAN GET IT DONE. THIS CAN BE A VERY INTERESTING TEAM COME NEXT SEASON.

NOW FOR A CENTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:05 am

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:My point of reference in terms of winning is embedded in the history of the Boston Celtics.

No Celtics team has ever won a championship without great big man.  

If Boston were to win without a quality big it would be a first unless someone can name one of the 17 titles that was void of a great bigman.

dboss,

I've seen you post this in the past.  Your point of reference has no relevance to today's game, IMO.  I would go so far as to say that our last championship in 2008 also has no relevance to today's game.  The game has changed.

I'm not saying that the game can't change again, but as of now, things that happened over 40 years ago has no impact as to how the game is played today.

Just saying.

gyso

gyso as long as rebounding, block shots, free throw shooting and scoring in the paint, etc.,  are statistically captured elements in this game they clearly impacts the final outcome. Comments about how to improve in those areas is relevant.

As far as the game changing over the past 40 years and as you stated even since 2008, how exactly has the game changed?

40 years ago teams ran the pick and role offense as a mainstay.  They still do that today.  As a matter of fact one needs only to watch the early seventies and witness the pick and pop offense with Dave Cowens knocking down shots from deep.40 years ago fast break basketball was an important tactic.  40 years ago scoring in the paint was a component of a complete offensive attack.  40 years ago big strong rebounding teams had an edge over their opponents.  40 years ago teams  had an advantage of picking up fouls and getting to the line and knocking down shots  over teams that could not do that.

None of those components has changed.  None of those components can be left off the table if a team wants to succeed.  That is because those components are fundamental aspects of the game of basketball.

From what I have seen over so many years has been the proliferation and value placed on 3 point shooting and a corresponding defensive response to defending the deep perimeter.

I do not see where anything else has changed except for who is able to execute.  Centers can stretch the floor and defend out to the perimeter in some instances.  There have been rule changes to open up the offense and defensive changes that allow for zone defenses, for example.  There will always be rule changes but the fundamentals of the game of basketball have not changed one single bit.

I believe that my posts are very relevant to the past because while new strategies have emerged the game of basketball in its' purest form remains the same.

Good comeback, if we sign Kemba and don’t make a move to acquire another big, we would not have enough bigs able to do enough big man things to get the job done IMO by far. Who can we get with whats left? it eliminates a lot of bigs, unless we give up say a Smart...??? Maybe we keep him and sign Norlans Noel, maybe we would have enough to sign him on a cheap deal. That would be a lot of defense and dunks off rolls, little shooting or spacing, but those 2 manning the 5 would be a lot of potential great athletic defense. Having one of those guys on the floor all time would be some defensive tandem at the 5. Interesting, I think I could root for that team....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:28 am

Danny would not make this move unless there is another plan in place or almost in place for a big. I do not think it will be a big name player since we cannot afford one. This is where I really wish he did not have to get rid of Baynes to get this deal don comes in.

Supposedly Charlotte really low balled Walker which really must have ticked him off. That is why this deal is going to go down so fast.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:29 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Danny would not make this move unless there is another plan in place or almost in place for a big. I do not think it will be a big name player since we cannot afford one. This is where I really wish he did not have to get rid of Baynes to get this deal don comes in.

Supposedly Charlotte really low balled Walker which really must have ticked him off. That is why this deal is going to go down so fast.

Rosalie,

I agree with everything you wrote.

If Danny traded Baynes because he needed every last dollar for Walker, then our starting center may be an untested one, like Frenchman Poirier.  If he traded Baynes because he needed some of that freed cap space to sweeten his offer to Horford, who reconsiders leaving when Danny replaces Kyrie with Kemba, then...We still may end up with the Frenchman but not as a starter, at least not this year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:07 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Danny would not make this move unless there is another plan in place or almost in place for a big. I do not think it will be a big name player since we cannot afford one. This is where I really wish he did not have to get rid of Baynes to get this deal don comes in.

if there is not trade for a big man, Ainge will still have the MLE to sign someone who didn't get the deal they wanted.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:16 am

Rumor has it that the Sixers offered Tobias Harris less then the max.  He is an unrestricted free agent.  The Sixers could lose both him and Butler.  If the Sixers are not able to pull off a sign and trade with Houston that includes the Celtics as the 3rd team, Capela will not be coming to Boston.

This is a rather precarious time for Boston given the substantial investment required to sign Walker.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:55 am

If the Cs do acquire Kemba Walker, I’d be apprehensive of a Capela trade. The Cs would lose someone like Smart or Brown and that likely isn’t worth it. Instead, they could see what they have with Rob Williams and Daniel Theis and whoever they get with the room exception. The free agent pickup could be someone like Robin Lopez or Dewayne Dedman. Cs could then target a buyout candidate later in the season with their 15th spot. With Walker, Brown, Smart, Tatum, and Hayward, they would have 5 players deserving of starter minutes.

Ballhandlers: Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters

Wings: Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Romeo Langford, Semi Ojeleye, Max Strus (2-way)

Bigs: Room Exception Big, Daniel Theis, Rob Williams, Grant Williams, Guerschon Yabusele, Tacko Fall (2-way)

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:13 am

I think we could use a poll.  Who wants Kemba?

maybe choices like Walker, Rozier or other.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:04 pm

andI like the fact that we might be able to pull off a Kemba trade. I think having a quality point guard is important, and I do not think Rozier is that guy. My personal opinion is that the Celtics want to rid themselves of these two guys because they aired the dirty laundry publiicly. And...they both tried to embarrass the coach and Danny.Irving just has a big head, knows it all, and does not want to be coached, but wants to push others around. Rozier just has a big head over how many games it was that he played decent and threw anyone he could under the bus to make himself look like a superstar. HE IS NOT, No one except Brad took responsibility for this bad year. Listening last night to Jim Calhoun talk about Kemba made me more in his corner than before. A quality guy who makes others around him better, even though he did not have much talent around him.

However, a trade to help Philly is a mistake, let them grovel in their own mess and do not enable them to get stronger at your expense. I do not want to give up Jaylen for a big who may or may not help the team.

We are all surmising this is what is going on but I wonder.....I wish I could be a fly on the wayy for the next few days, listening to what is thrown against the wall and sticks.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:andI like the fact that we might be able to pull off a Kemba trade. I think having a quality point guard is important, and I do not think Rozier is that guy. My personal opinion is that the Celtics want to rid themselves of these two guys because they aired the dirty laundry publiicly. And...they both tried to embarrass the coach and Danny.Irving just has a big head, knows it all, and does not want to be coached, but wants to push others around. Rozier just has a big head over how many games it was that he played decent and threw anyone he could under the bus to make himself look like a superstar. HE IS NOT, No one except Brad took responsibility for this bad year. Listening last night to Jim Calhoun talk about Kemba made me more in his corner than before. A quality guy who makes others around him better, even though he did not have much talent around him.

However, a trade to help Philly is a mistake, let them grovel in their own mess and do not enable them to get stronger at your expense.  I do not want to give up Jaylen for a big who may or may not help the team.  

We are all surmising this is what is going on but I wonder.....I wish I could be a fly on the wayy for the next few days, listening to what is thrown against the wall and sticks.

Rosalie,

I like it. Sign and trade Rozier, add Yabusele and a future pick (and whatever we may need to add). We get Kemba in a sign and trade.

Rozier is stuck in Charlotte for the rest of his contract. That will teach him! (LOL)

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Rosalie

Danny is walking around with a bag full of tricks.  In two days he is going to start pulling some of those trick out of his bag.  Danny remains one of the very best GM's in the NBA when it comes to making trades and being a player in Free Agency.

Kemba Walker has been tied to Boston but some other team could still swoop in and make a better pitch for his services.  Danny is a master of deception and slight of hand.  He is an illusionist that will have everyone looking left while he is actually looking right.  

We can only speculate on what will happen.  Danny has multiple variations lined up so I think this entire process will be quite fluid.

The only expectation that I have is that at the end of the day, Danny adds a PG and a center to the team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Who said Kemba might be available through a sign and trade?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:42 pm

worcester wrote:Who said Kemba might be available through a sign and trade?

He's a free agent, so why not?

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:06 pm

I would take Vuc over Kemba....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:17 pm

worcester wrote:Who said Kemba might be available through a sign and trade?

Since Charlotte will be over the salary cap limit, in order for them to participate in a sign and trade they will have to receive at least $25m in salary.
Who on Boston would you want to trade in order to send $25m-$30m to Charlotte?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next