Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

3 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:35 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/10/comments-from-other-side-76ers-102319.html

by FLCeltsFan

Tatum is a very good, young 3&D player. My issue is that this magically upside I’ve been hearing about for 2 years now simply doesn’t exist, and Tatum is mostly the same player he was at Duke.

I think Tatum tops out at a borderline all star, third star type player.

Quick - in the past 30 years name the player(s) that the Celtics drafted who went on to become an all-star? Hint: Should be easy – it ain’t a long list. Player development isn’t exactly a forte of the organization.

what’s with this Kemba Walker Era thing? This is clearly the start of the Carsen Edwards Era

Gordon Hayword will be their x factor this year

If by X factor you mean the player capable of sucking up $32 million in cap space while providing middling returns then yes - Hayward is the X factor

I cant remember the last big win we had against Boston. So please get it tonight.

The c's have lost a lot Irving gone…and got nothing in return
Horford gone…nothing in return
Rozier gone…got nothing in return
Baynes gone…got nothing in return
Signing walker is ok…did they get anyone else ?

I believe that the sum of a team can be greater than its parts. Kyrie dragged those mother****ers down last year to the point where it looked like they were barely playing with effort. I expect this team to come out hard.

Irving didn’t drag anyone down. Rozier, Tatum, and Brown dragged themselves down by refusing to accept roles that fit their skill level.

He sure didn’t lift the play of the rest of those guys up either. He is a ballhog that is as much, if not worse, of a liability on defense as Kemba is.

Advanced stats don't show Kyrie as being a liability on the defensive end. He is also a more efficient scorer than Kemba.

Yeah but advanced stats say that Kyrie is a total a**hole.

Be afraid The Celtics seemed to build camaraderie in the preseason. They appear to be back on track as a Butler over-achieving, hyper-active defense-first squad. That team will give everyone trouble.

Good to hear. The team may be worse, but they’re really happy together! So you’ve got that going for you. Glad they were building so much camaraderie while getting their a**es kicked on the other side of the world!

Should be an easy win the talent level is NOT even close. 111-95 Philly.  (MY NOTE:  Pretty close)

I'm hoping Smart gets an ISO in the post with Thybulle and Matisse sends the ball back into his face.

4-13 vs. The Celtics over the last 3 seasons including the playoffs *eye twitches*. 4-21 if you include the tank years. *shudders* I can't stand losing to these guys. Sixers have looked better on paper the past two years and it hasn't mattered. C'mon Brett, just feed Embiid against Theis and ride the defense to a win.

The Celtics are still reallllllllly good.

Easy win. Boston has been overrated for the past few seasons. We have every match up advantage against this team.

I went to Boston for the first time this past weekend and was not impressed. Short boxy skyline, no where near the vibrancy of Center City Philadelphia, food selection was average. Just overall underwhelmed. It was like a mini Philly. So yeah, Boston sucks. Sixers 1-0

Marcus Smart is going to be even more feisty than usual.

I don't think that this game is gonna be easy at all, the Celtics always play us very well.

Is this the year we finally get over that Celtics hump? It better be

Boston is probably just an also ran but FTC. I really want to win.

I hope we kick their ****ing faces in tonight

Boston’s only hope is slowing it down, spreading the floor, jacking up 3 times as many 3 as us, and praying we’re cold shooting from all over

What's more likely, Simmons hits a 3 or Horford gets called for the moving screens he always got away with as a Celtic?

The sixers are so handsome, the Celtics are so ugly. Like it’s such a weird contrast.

What are people legitimately predicting for this game? I think the Celtics will run much more smoothly with Kemba over Kyrie given Brad's system. That being said their starting center is the equivalent of a piece of Swiss cheese on defense so lmao Sixers 108 - Celtics 91

That Magic Johnson/Michael Wilbon combo is like a "who knows less about each team" competition.

Hubie Brown tonight on ESPN. A LOT BETTER than Doris Burke.

Hubie brown looks like he hopped out of his sarcophagus to join us tonight

Is it weird to say that I’ve slept better since we got Horford? He has a very comforting presence on this roster.

Hayward is a corpse

Lol Kanter is such trash

Tatum doing Tatum things

Tatum is going to be unstoppable in a couple of years. We better get a defensive F that can protect Tobias.

Horford is kinda soft, offensively. He's always been a floater.

Kemba is crafty.

Please take Thybulle off Kemba. He will foul out in like 2 minutes.

Did they give #4 extra small shorts?

He’s shaped like a square. I would probably love him if he were a Sixer. Those thigh muscles!  (MY NOTE:  Carsen)

Already Had Enough of pro Celtic officiating for this season.

Can someone, anyone on our roster hit a shot from more than 6 feet from the rim?

When Mike Scott shoots an 18 footer, an angel loses its wings.

Maybe our offense will be functional in April.

This team is garbage

0-7 from three and counting

Does Smart have fluorescent lures in his hair? Wtf is that?

4 on JalenBrown 25 mil per foul 😉

The free throws are keeping the Sixers in this game

Wow, Robert Williams showed up to the game on time

This is going to be a looong season If this is what our offense is going to look like  (MY NOTE:  Unless you can name me some good outside shooters on your team, this will be what your offense will look like)

Jo should have practiced playing basketball this summer

Maybe JOEL is better when he's fat?

Tobias stinks

Looking forward to the day of the first Sixers three pointer. I've always loved the Christmas season.

Joel Embiid is playing soft against one of the worst post defending frontcourts in the NBA.

Smart tryna be curry.

Does Brett Brown think about basketball ever?

The C's definitely play some elite nobodies for sure

Kemba is absolutely teaching a class.

Tatum, Walker and even Hayward would be our #1 option down the stretch.

Brett brown is mentally overmatched

Just got back… what I miss?

Probably not as many shots as the Sixers.

They can’t make a shot from more than 6 feet, and Embiid is being guarded by Kanter (never thought I’d say such a thing)

Celtics always seem one step ahead of us

The officiating has been much more of a joke than I expected.

Brad Stevens just daring us to shoot a THREE.

Smart FLOPS FLOPS FLOPS that's his game.

Sorry Al you only get away with illegal screens when you wear Celtic green.

Smart is just one of those dudes. HATE him when you’re playing against him, but would love his a** if he was a Sixer.

BIG lol to those that were saying the Celtics would be a bad team this year. I mean come on.

If you see the game though it’s obvious they are going to be good. Definitely not a bad team.

3 kemba fouls

Maybe we can just get the Celtics starters to foul out of the game

We are so much more talented that we play like garbage, and still lead at the half.

Smart in mid season flop form

I love how the girl who cried wolf gets eaten in the cautionary tale. Yet refs actually keep giving Marcus Smart whistles year after year.

Kanter>Embiid

I’ve seen instances today where Simmons is open for 3 yet he isn’t shooting it???? Wasn’t his whole offseason plan not to do that anymore. He hasn’t taken a single 3 or outside jumper, I was hoping for progress at least

He’s never going to shoot just get used to it

Celtics are bad which is why we are still in the game. Relying on Kemba and Tatum for your offense is a terrible idea.

Celtics wouldn't help up Kemba? Did they forget it was him and think it was Kyrie? Josh had to pick him up.

Horford got away with a foul there. He hit Walker right across the head

These announcers are extremely biased towards Boston wow

This Hubie Brown guy is ridiculous

How about surround Embiid with 4 shooters, spread the floor, and let him go to town down low.

Does Embiids non ability to make a good pass out of the double team kinda limit your theory?

Need 4 shooter first…(MY NOTE:  Which brings us back to that "if this is what our offense looks like" thought)

Wow, winning at the half despite playing like garbage. Our team isnt elite at shooting but it is elite.

We had 10 more foul shots. Got to the lime 23 times versus 13  (MY NOTE:  so much for "Boston officiating")

I think Kanter’s pretty underrated. Defense obviously isn’t his strong suit, but he’s done a good job of hanging in there against Joel, and the Celtics always half-collapse towards Joel when he has the ball in the post.

A lot of Celtics fouls. This should pay off in the 4th.

Expect a dog fight all year. Advantage starters to Philly, advantage bench to Boston

The refs are giving the C’s basically every call on our court……

Carson Edwards looks bowlegged

I seriously love this about him. Built like a beer keg.

Kemba learned to flop from Marcus Smart.

Brown with his 5th foul

Ref Ball is seriously in midseason form.

Hubie has consistently had bad takes on the refs all game. I normally like him, but this is really painful

Enes Kanter has morphed into the ultimate rim protector. He has Emiid scared to death of the offensive paint.

Semi is a horrendous defender. Tobias should cook whenever he's guarding him

Yeah, refs should have listened to me. Swallow every whistle on Marcus Smart. He's a coward trying to trick them.

These refs are angling for sponsorships. That's why they keep blowing their stupid whistles and trying to get TV closeups. Nobody better follow them on insta.

Al just front rimmed an 8 footer. Can't believe we signed him to a multi. He's al dente.

Go to he** Tobias Harris you overpaid bum

I just followed that baseline ref on insta. He gets so much TV time that I can't help myself. Kinda see star potential in him.

Smart got these refs like puddy. Its sickening

Ben literally just trolled all the people who called him the 6'10" Rondo...by doing the Rondo.

It's really amazing the level of physicality the refs will let Boston get away with.

Celtics have a scary combination of shotmakers and freak athletes.

The Celtics have an overwhelming athletic advantage that counters the size.  (MY NOTE: only if they run)

The Celtics are a really dirty team.

The entire goal of the Celtics is to beat up the 76ers physically.

Is Jaylen Brown one of the 10 worst contracts in the NBA?

Harris is worst, Brown can play defense

Only in theory. Brown has been a wildly inconsistent defender in the NBA. He isn't a good one.

Does Edwards think he will look taller by wearing the 80s era shorts?

He's showing off that he doesn't skip leg day. Unlike Tatum.

So embiid is gonna get a flagrant one but Jaylen Brown can uppercut him with an elbow and its called "inadvertent"? Boston keeps getting favors

I remember when a flagrant foul Was nothing short of someone nearly being killed. Now, if you step on someone’s foot the wrong way, it’s a flagrant…

It was a lot of lines that had to be crossed. Bill Laimbeer calling your mother a whore, elbowing you in the face, and then spitting in your general direction. If those 3 things happened, they might call it.

This has been an ugly game Sixers are lucky that Boston can’t shoot FTs tonight.

It's amazing how no one ever blocks out Kanter

Walker is a chucker

Marcus Smart just baited Joel into picking up his 5th foul

That was a moving screen by Smart and it's not close

Ennis is a pile of sh** that has burnt to ash and then was eaten by a dog and then the dog sh** it out again and then someone lit it on fire again

Lmao, I was literally going to say Ennis looks like dog sh** but I think your description is more accurate

Who’s that small child who ran out on the floor with an Isaiah Thomas jersey on?

Hall Of Famer Carsen Edwards putting on a show I see

Shhhhhh don’t jinx it

Jumping in to say refs are stealing the game for Boston This is really bad

It's amazing how every team in the NBA except the Sixers can get through games without committing 18+ turnovers

Wow I go to pee and miss a pair of triples

Go pee more often dude

Celtics should consider themselves lucky they arent getting blow out right now

Holy cow Batman. Kyrie Irving has 43 points and 7 assists in regular time. Happy not to be playing him.

Meanwhile Kemba is taking a huge dump on the floor tonight.

If Marcus Smart didn't get every call when he flops, would he be any good?

Man, Hayward looks like his old slashing self. Not sure his prior quickness is back but he can play. Is he worth more than Tobi? I don’t think so

Are the Celts regretting that brown contract yet?

Celtics are like a de-clawed cat... Nothing to be afraid of.

Kemba got lost on Matisse island tonight it was beautiful

If you guys have noticed by now, Hubie Brown really likes Gordon Hayward.

Stop telling us how happy you are for Hayward

At least he signed his monster deal before getting injured…..if anything, he was lucky he didn't "boogie cousins" himself

Crowd chanting "Boston Sucks!!!" Oh I love my hometown 😆

I can still never forgive EB for letting my Carsen Edwards go to Boston

A 24th picked rookie was our our #1 option of the bench.. Incredible

I think I have more ups than Hayward.

Smart's flopping is HOF level holy ****

Is Horford really soft? Had Gordon on his back and looked to pass.

Kemba walker 3-17. Max money

Kyle O'Quinn would be the starting C for the Celtics.

Days of Boston having our number are over.

Gotta love a Boston sucks chant

Kyrie was right. Boston does suck.

I can't believe this is the team Ainge capped out with. And Romeo Langford is a potentially terrible pick that can't even dress on opening night.

Hayward had 25 points on 15 shots. He’s alive!

Hard to say how good we are though cuz the Celtics are total trash. Interested to see how we do against a real team

Now we know why Brand went with a tall team. To get boards after all the bricks they throw up

Good thing we pulled away there. We’re definitely going to hang out hats on defense this year, although I’m not sure if Boston is just that bad.

We had a kinda rough game. But just imagine how demoralized the Celtics fans are right now. Kyrie had 50 tonight. LMBO

The Celtics looked bad. Hayward was the only played good offensively although I doubt that he will be that good most of the nights. Kemna and Tatum are chuckers that play losing basketball and the team as a whole, outside Smart, is incredibly soft.

The refs were keeping Boston in the game

We could have used that Edwards garbage time three. Huge mistake not picking him.

So I didn’t watch the 4th cause I wanted to watch Kyrie drop 50 on the Timberwolves. The Celtics are going to miss that guy a lot.

He had 50 & 7 and Brooklyn still lost the game

He shot the ball over 30 times (the next 2 highest combined shot less than him), and lost. The Celtics, hate them as I do, play very much a team oriented game. I think they’ll be fine without him. Walker wasn’t their problem tonight

There were a lot of contested looks Kemba took tonight that I just found myself saying "I’m glad he’s not Kyrie because Kyrie makes all of those."

Naw. Kyrie’s still not worth it. I wouldn’t want him on my team. Just my 2 cents, which is really only worth about….2 cents?

He’s a hobbit but Edwards shot looks very good

Boys, we’re winning the title this year. No one is competing with our defense.

Only 20 from the bench puts a ton of pressure on the starters to score. Not a lot of shooters or shot makers off the bench.

i think our rebounding is what will set us apart but yeah, defense will be pretty good.

Can’t believe ainge and President blew up a team for Gordon Hayward Shameful and tragic

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

Post by dbrown4 Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:53 pm

I actually enjoyed PHI's comments in defeat more than other teams when we lose! Most were spot on. Entertaining for sure! Thanks, Bob.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

Post by worcester Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:14 pm

Philly has s.art fans. They know bball.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down