Celtics @ Hornets, Thursday November 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST Game #7

5 posters

Go down

Celtics @ Hornets, Thursday November 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST Game #7 Empty Celtics @ Hornets, Thursday November 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST Game #7

Post by dboss Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:07 pm

The Celtics tip off against The Charlotte Hornets tonight at 8:00 PM.  The game is nationally televised on TNT so expect 15 minutes of yapping leading up to the opening jump ball.

This is the 2nd game of Boston's mini 3 game road trip.  As an added bonus, it marks the return of Kemba Walker and a look see at their new PG Terry Rozier.  Terry wanted to be a starting PG and get paid.  He got what he wanted and we wish him all the best.  Walker needed a change and chance and a real opportunity to put his relevance on a bigger stage.

Walker has already exceeded my expectations.  He actually plays defense.  His body language exudes a command of the game but most importantly, we see a growing level of connectivity with his teammates, the coaching staff and the fans.  Danny invested heavily to add him to this team.  I was not sure how a high end scoring PG would fit in with a team that has been constructed around a wing dominated presence.

So far so good.  Our wings are flying high and Kemba is still a top gun.

About the game

Charlotte is 4-3 on the year.  Their obvious problems begin on the defensive end of the court.  They are being outscored on average by 5.7 points. 

Charlotte no longer has a big time scorer as Devonte Graham, PG, leads them in scoring at 17.3 PPG.  Terry is averaging 16.9 PPG with 5.6 assists and 4.1 rebounds.  We will get a chance to see rookie PJ Washington.  He seems to be playing well averaging 15.1 PPG and 6.1 rebounds.  He is also shooting 46.7% from deep on 4.3 attempts per game.  Cody Zeller remains at center.

Here are the rest of their stats in case you are interested.

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/cha

Jaylen Brown is listed as probable while Kanter was in the questionable status.

GH is coming off his best offensive regular season game ever.  He tied his career high of 39 points.  He also scored 40 in 2017 during the playoffs, but his performance the other night was clearly his best game ever.

In April, 2017 he shot 14-22 and had 5 assists and 3 rebounds and went 7-8 from the line while scoring 39 points.
On 11/5/2019 he went 17-20, 4-4 from the line and had 8 assists and 7 rebounds.  It was his best game EVER.  No more talk about the ankle.  He's back!

Boston should win this game.  They are now in first place after the Sixers loss last night.  Sooner or later the league will resign themselves to the reality that the Celtics remain a competitive team.

Last edited by dboss on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics @ Hornets, Thursday November 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST Game #7 Empty Re: Celtics @ Hornets, Thursday November 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST Game #7

Post by dbrown4 Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Yep.  Look who's in 1st place!!  

Just a little marker for this game.  Last season, these were the games we'd blow.  And Charlotte had our number on numerous occasions over the years.  Danny figured if you can't beat Kemba Walker, just sign to the team.  

We'd have couple of days off for practice, chance to heal some wounds, etc. then we'd come out an lay an egg.  Let's see where we are with that tonight.  

db

P.S. TRoz probably has them all riled up to knock us off.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Celtics @ Hornets, Thursday November 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST Game #7 Empty Re: Celtics @ Hornets, Thursday November 7, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST Game #7

Post by dboss Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Jaylen Brown set to return vs. Hornets after weeklong illness

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown says he should be "ready to go" Thursday night against the Charlotte Hornets after sitting out the past three games due to an infection.

Brown said he had to go to the hospital five times after initially falling ill prior to an Oct. 30 win in Boston over the Milwaukee Bucks in order to drain an abscess on the inside of his leg that caused the infection, which also led to a high fever.

"I'm glad it's behind me now," Brown said before Thursday's morning shootaround at the Spectrum Center. "I'm feeling a lot better. ... I was pretty down and out."

Brown said he initially started feeling sick after participating in the morning shootaround ahead of that Bucks game, only to eventually have to go to the hospital to begin the process of sorting his health out -- something he said he rarely has to do to.

"I don't really get sick, to be honest," Brown said. "I don't really get sick. Not to jinx myself, but I'm not a person that gets sick too much."
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Jaylen Brown and Enes Kanter are both available tonight.

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 2 hours ago
Jaylen Brown is here in Charlotte. Said he’s feeling much better. Expects to play without restrictions tonight.

reply retweet like

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown said he had an abscess in his leg that required five trips to the hospital to be drained over the past week. Developed a fever after shootaround before the Bucks game last Wednesday and it got worse from there.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:27 pm

dboss wrote:Jaylen Brown set to return vs. Hornets after weeklong illness

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown says he should be "ready to go" Thursday night against the Charlotte Hornets after sitting out the past three games due to an infection.

Brown said he had to go to the hospital five times after initially falling ill prior to an Oct. 30 win in Boston over the Milwaukee Bucks in order to drain an abscess on the inside of his leg that caused the infection, which also led to a high fever.

"I'm glad it's behind me now," Brown said before Thursday's morning shootaround at the Spectrum Center. "I'm feeling a lot better. ... I was pretty down and out."

Brown said he initially started feeling sick after participating in the morning shootaround ahead of that Bucks game, only to eventually have to go to the hospital to begin the process of sorting his health out -- something he said he rarely has to do to.

"I don't really get sick, to be honest," Brown said. "I don't really get sick. Not to jinx myself, but I'm not a person that gets sick too much."

That doesn't sound good....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
dboss wrote:Jaylen Brown set to return vs. Hornets after weeklong illness

That doesn't sound good....
If this was back in the 1800's he may have died already.  

All this time I was curious about what exactly was happening.  

I am glad he is ready to play.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:40 pm

Should be interesting to see how Rozier performs. He's been good, but not spectacular so far this year. Putting up decent numbers all around. There's always an extra motivator and an extra stress playing your old team. That much holds true for Walker as well.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down