dboss
worcester
kdp59
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Capela to Boston rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Capela to Boston rumors

Post by NYCelt Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:36 pm

From what I've read it sounds like a deal with Boston is pretty unlikely. I've seen a few reports that Houston approached Boston but the asking price for Capela was too high. If those sources are credible, they say there are no further talks with Boston, and that Houston is shopping Capela to several teams. The last thing we need to see is another often injured Celtic anyway.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:46 pm

Things that I have read elsewhere:

Theis + Kanter > Capela

Plus we have the T I M E L O R D returning after the A-S break.

Supposedly, Capela has plantar fasciitis.

Most of this smoke is coming from Houston.

Capela is a 52% freethrow shooter.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:51 pm

NYCelt wrote:From what I've read it sounds like a deal with Boston is pretty unlikely. I've seen a few reports that Houston approached Boston but the asking price for Capela was too high. If those sources are credible, they say there are no further talks with Boston, and that Houston is shopping Capela to several teams. The last thing we need to see is another often injured Celtic anyway.

Agreed we don’t need an in his prime player that only averages 56 games a season at a near max deal, the way we just smoked 4 playoff teams by a combined 85 points with a team still missing some core pieces tells me just get healthy, we’ll be fine, unless its another fleecing in our favor, stay with what we got....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:55 pm

Plantar fascitis is not that difficult to treat on a basketball player. Just give him 12 weeks time off to rest his foot.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Not remotely interested. I might give them one of our centers and a pick, but I'm not even sure I'd do that. This is the exact wrong time to give up guys who are really starting to gel as a unit. Why is Houston so ancious to ditch him?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:53 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Not remotely interested. I might give them one of our centers and a pick, but I'm not even sure I'd do that. This is the exact wrong time to give up guys who are really starting to gel as a unit. Why is Houston so ancious to ditch him?

Houston is 10-1 in the 11 games that Capela has not played this season.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:07 am

10-1? Given Danny's track record with bigs, that means he'll probably trade for Capela.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:44 am

well doesn't matter now

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/houston-rockets-nuggets-hawks-timberwolves-trade-clint-capela-robert-covington-malik-beasley-052821236.html

BTW, $15M is not ANYWHERE near max money.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:26 am

kdp59 wrote:well doesn't matter now

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/houston-rockets-nuggets-hawks-timberwolves-trade-clint-capela-robert-covington-malik-beasley-052821236.html

BTW, $15M is not ANYWHERE near max money.

kdp,

Halle-freaking-lujah!

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 8 hours ago
Four-team trade summary as of now (12 players and counting)
Hawks get: Capela, Nene
Nuggets get: Gerald Green, HOU first round pick, Napier, Bates-Diop, Vonleh
Rockets get: Covington, Jordan Bell Wolves get:
BKN First-round pick, Beasley, Hernangomez, Turner, Vanderbilt

bob
MY NOTE: Nuggets are getting 4 players, Brooklyn getting 4 too. There are going to be more deals OR, more likely, roster cuts. And Danny will be watching to see who he can pick up off the scrap heap. Evan Turner?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:18 am

Now that the deal is done should Boston

Pursue a big
A scorer or
Sit tight.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:58 am

dboss,

Put me down for Sit Tight as far as the trade deadline goes. This team has the best chemistry we've all ever seen since the 80's. While tinkering with it is an option and a new player could get adjusted pretty quickly (look no further than Kemba for that and how quickly he has worked his way in), this team is too fun to watch as is. They've literally solved all of the injury problems on their own. And after this year, we've got NEXT year! Danny's probably waiting at Monster Joe's Junkyard as we speak.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:53 am

I agree, sit tight as far the trade deadline goes.

I would say no to Evan Turner.  He is not a big and he is not a scorer.  He has no 3-point shot, just mid-range stuff.  He was good as a point-forward for us but that is a skill we don't need at this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm

dbrown

I am with you on that.

There are only 33 games remaining in the regular season.  With respect to chemistry the 2008 team had that.

This year's version has been impressive by any reasonable measurement.

Yes there have been a few duds along the way but they seem to keep pushing forward.

Assuming a change at center is not in the cards the last remaining element is to get RW integrated back into the rotation and do so in a way that does not throw off the chemistry.  The 3 headed center concept has yet to be fully utilized because of injuries.  Theis, Kanter and Williams each bring something to the picnic.  

Brad just has to figure out when and how to get them on the court.  No easy task but if anyone can make it work, Brad sure can.

What we have learned is that our 3 wing lineup of interchangeable SF's are a dynamic group of two way players.

We know that Kemba Walker fits in well with everybody and provides a scoring element that can carry this team if need be on any given night.

We know that Marcus Smart is no longer just a great defender and all around utility guy.  Marcus is putting up a career high in PPG at 12.4, he has tied his career high in assists and he is shooting 83.1% from the line, also a career high.  No one on this team understands what Brad wants to do at both ends better than Marcus.  He is an extension of the coach on the floor.

The bench has been developing all year.  Brad Wanamaker is a solid and physical defender who can also make big baskets and get to the rim.

Grant Williams really looked slow to me at the beginning of the season.  He has fully adjusted to the speed of the NBA game.  His defense is quite impressive because of his ability to find perfect positioning.  He is not getting lost on defense.  Experience matters.  Combine that with an BIQ that shines through and what we are getting is a guy that does not make a lot of mistakes on the court.  He is turning into a real pain in the ass for opposing players.

I do not know if there is another player in the NBA that can score points in the paint and grabbed rebounds at the rate of Enes Kanter.  He is a great change of pace guy because all of a sudden he comes in the game and immediately starts pounding on opposing players.  He is a perfect example of how you can use centers with completely different skills and still extract a tactical advantage.

Semi has often been the forgotten man on this team but it seems Brad appreciates his value as an outstanding on the ball defender.  He does not get a lot of looks but this year he is shooting a career high from behind the arc at 35.6% and 88% from the charity stripe.  

The other rookies are unlikely to factor into what happens this season.  It takes time to develop.

Overall we have a very competitive team.  If Brad can figure out the correct measurements for our 3 headed center, the Celtics have a chance to win this year.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 pm

dboss wrote:dbrown

I am with you on that.

There are only 33 games remaining in the regular season.  With respect to chemistry the 2008 team had that.

This year's version has been impressive by any reasonable measurement.

Yes there have been a few duds along the way but they seem to keep pushing forward.

Assuming a change at center is not in the cards the last remaining element is to get RW integrated back into the rotation and do so in a way that does not throw off the chemistry.  The 3 headed center concept has yet to be fully utilized because of injuries.  Theis, Kanter and Williams each bring something to the picnic.  

Brad just has to figure out when and how to get them on the court.  No easy task but if anyone can make it work, Brad sure can.

What we have learned is that our 3 wing lineup of interchangeable SF's are a dynamic group of two way players.

We know that Kemba Walker fits in well with everybody and provides a scoring element that can carry this team if need be on any given night.

We know that Marcus Smart is no longer just a great defender and all around utility guy.  Marcus is putting up a career high in PPG at 12.4, he has tied his career high in assists and he is shooting 83.1% from the line, also a career high.  No one on this team understands what Brad wants to do at both ends better than Marcus.  He is an extension of the coach on the floor.

The bench has been developing all year.  Brad Wanamaker is a solid and physical defender who can also make big baskets and get to the rim.

Grant Williams really looked slow to me at the beginning of the season.  He has fully adjusted to the speed of the NBA game.  His defense is quite impressive because of his ability to find perfect positioning.  He is not getting lost on defense.  Experience matters.  Combine that with an BIQ that shines through and what we are getting is a guy that does not make a lot of mistakes on the court.  He is turning into a real pain in the ass for opposing players.

I do not know if there is another player in the NBA that can score points in the paint and grabbed rebounds at the rate of Enes Kanter.  He is a great change of pace guy because all of a sudden he comes in the game and immediately starts pounding on opposing players.  He is a perfect example of how you can use centers with completely different skills and still extract a tactical advantage.

Semi has often been the forgotten man on this team but it seems Brad appreciates his value as an outstanding on the ball defender.  He does not get a lot of looks but this year he is shooting a career high from behind the arc at 35.6% and 88% from the charity stripe.  

The other rookies are unlikely to factor into what happens this season.  It takes time to develop.

Overall we have a very competitive team.  If Brad can figure out the correct measurements for our 3 headed center, the Celtics have a chance to win this year.

This is a great slightly-past-mid-season evaluation that echoes my admittedly green-tinted view of this team at this point in the season.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 16 minutes ago
Brad Stevens said he does not anticipate any major activity from team at deadline.

On the other hand, there's this memory from Brad from a few years back:
Capela to Boston rumors - Page 2 EQByhEWWsAIP6RB?format=png&name=small

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Rock

I am biased but I do hope that mindset is based on facts.

Celtics have beaten

Bucks
Raptors
Heat
Sixers
Nets
Magic

Lakers
Nuggets
Mavs
Grizzlies

Lost to Pacers by 5 and lost to Clippers in OT by 3.

We have yet to play Rockets, Jazz and OKC.  We play each of them twice.

So we have beaten 6 of our top competitors in the East and 4 of the top 8 in the West.  We are 4 out of 5 against the best in the West that we have played.

It is not too difficult to feel pretty damn good about our team.  We are well positioned to make a deep run n the playoffs.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Pretty soon, dboss, we are going to have to start defining "deep" with consensus.

No disrespect to the 2008 team. I had unintentionally overlooked them. My bad. They had great chemistry and got it together in a hurry...less than one season from worst to first as I recall. They didn't have to deal with the ridiculous number of constant, significant injuries we've faced this season, but nonetheless, they put their egos on the back shelf and got the job done in true Celtic fashion.

The silver lining to all the injuries is it has forced our bench into baptism by fire. And we are beginning to see the fruits of their labors at this stage.

Kanter still amazes me how he is ALWAYS in the right place at the right time for rebounds, offensive or defensive. It's baffling. Haven't seen that sense Rodman.

Wanny has really shown his value most lately. He's been VERY impressive.

GWill, aka, Our Sharona, value has skyrocketed. He's playing like he's attached to MS at the hip and brain. That REALLY sucks for the competition. Usually, teams MAYBE have one good defender on their team. Defense wins championships.

That's getting to be a very good bench. Throw MS and Semi in there when everyone is back to normal....DAMN!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Being here in Boston, I am subjected to getting the basketball news from NBC/sports, a totally brain dead station on a daily basis. Therefore, I am relegated to hearing about trading this guy or that guy would make a much better team. For part of the season, it was Hayward. Now, these idiots are on a trade Marcus Smart tirade. I sit and wonder if they are watching the same game I am nightly.

I am ready to sit still, wait for the buyouts to start and see if anyone worthwhile pops up on the wire. Danny has said, he is not trading for the sake of trading. What he really wants is for this team to be healthy all at the same time. The playing time that has been given to Wanamaker, Green, Williams. has been awesome. We have seen growth in every player. And Semi??? I just think they don't keep track of just what he does out there when called on. Guys do not like playing with him on them. He is a brick..

So, let's wait it out, trouble is, there are alot of teams looking for shooters for their bench. So a guy is going to want to really come here because he likes the makeup of our team. Philly, Clippers, even LA and Toronto looking to shore up their bench. Who will end up with Iggy? Or will he sit the season out if not bought out?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Rosalie

GH and MS will not be traded.

As informed fans we find these what if proposals repugnant.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Why would Boston go after Evan Turner?

Who should the cut if they got him?

Is he the piece that completes the puzzle?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 4 hours ago
🔁 @Enes Kanter has a foolproof plan if he gets traded. "I just fail my physical test ...They send me somewhere cold, they send me somewhere I don't like, I told Danny, 'I'm coming right back here.'" 😂 🎧

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 pm

I have no idea why in the heck they would want Evan Turner. Is this just some wannabe sports blogger trying to break a story that isn’t there? There is no reason for signing him. On top of which, Atlanta has to eat a lot of that ridiculous contract that he has left.

I wtote over on Game On that I had read where Olynk was being shopped by Miami. Wonder if they will eventually just buy him out. He makes more sense than Turner or am I wrong???

I personally would love a shooter who wound come off the bench, get his shots up, and not complain when he gets taken out. I have wanted this for this team for three years.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:51 am

I like your thinking Rosalie. I just remember being shocked that Dwight Howard was going back to the Lakers. How often do players go back to a team they left (except to retire there). I may be wrong, but I don't recall it happening a lot. Olynik would be good though for us and wouldn't need a lot of ramp up time.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:58 am

are you guys trying to give Cowens a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:28 am

kdp59 wrote:are you guys trying to give Cowens a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted something to that affect on the Game On! thread after Rosalie mentioned it. affraid

I am okay with picking up Kelly after he is waived. He would be a nice addition off of the bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next