dboss
worcester
kdp59
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Capela to Boston rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Capela to Boston rumors

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:54 am

I don;t think Miami is going to release him .

his contract has value at only $12M in cap space, for trades at least. I believe next year he has a player option also.

Miami has never cared about being above the tax line either, so they have no reason to just dump a salary for that reason.

I think cowens can rest easy and Kelly O will NOT be walking in that door anytime soon.

edit: I won;t be surprised if Kelly is sent to OKC for Gallinari before the trade deadline. Olynyk and M .Leonard expiring contract matches Gallinari's salary and Miami is supposedly negotiating an extension for Gallinari right now.

Albert Nahmad @AlbertNahmad
about 6 minutes ago
MIA is dealing with three parties in the Gallinari trade scenario: MEM, OKC and Gallo. MIA has already negotiated the MEM component. OKC clearly feels there’s a path to deal if they approved MIA negotiations with Gallo. Gallo extension can be up to 2/$49M.

reply retweet like
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:32 am

kdp59 wrote:I don;t think Miami is going to release him .

his contract has value at only $12M in cap space, for trades at least. I believe next year he has a player option also.

Miami has never cared about being above the tax line either, so they have no reason to just dump a salary for that reason.

I think cowens can rest easy and Kelly O will NOT be walking in that door anytime soon.

edit: I won;t be surprised if Kelly is sent to OKC for Gallinari before the trade deadline. Olynyk and M .Leonard expiring contract matches Gallinari's salary and Miami is supposedly negotiating an extension for Gallinari right now.

Albert Nahmad @AlbertNahmad
about 6 minutes ago
MIA is dealing with three parties in the Gallinari trade scenario: MEM, OKC and Gallo. MIA has already negotiated the MEM component. OKC clearly feels there’s a path to deal if they approved MIA negotiations with Gallo. Gallo extension can be up to 2/$49M.

reply retweet like

Using Kelly's expiring salary to get Gallinari makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:07 am

Capela to the Hawks is a great move by Atlanta.  They need to get better defensively and on the glass so he should help in that area.  I do believe that he would have been a good fit in Boston.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:37 am

Why was Houston so eager (besides salary) to let Capela go? Small Ball for them? Tucker is now their center? I read where Houston was 10-1 when Capela did not play. Interesting. All of a sudden he was a bad fit for them. He was a glue guy last year
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:51 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Why was Houston so eager (besides salary) to let Capela go?  Small Ball for them? Tucker is now their center? I read where Houston was 10-1 when Capela did not play. Interesting.  All of a sudden he was a bad fit for them.  He was a glue guy last year
Rosalie

Houston remains a horrible defensive team.  Moving the 25 year old Capela is strange.

What I find really interesting is that the Hawks got him and Dedmon.  They drafted 2 really good wings this past year and Trae Young is starting to be a big factor for them.  They will have a lot of Cap space when they let Teague's expiring contract run off the books.

The Hawks have stated that they want to build a team like Boston.   They were going to bid on Jaylen Brown before Danny closed that door shut.  They have been collecting draft assets.  A very interesting rebuild going on down here.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:53 am

Jaylen would have been the Hawks home town favorite.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:14 pm

The East is becoming what the West was. I know that the Lakers are still the pick to win, I am surprised that the Clippers are not neck and neck with them. Houston is a confusing team with Harden in a slump, OKC is a tough team but not champion quality, Phoenix is a step or two away, I really think Rubio has not turned out to be what they expected, and Denver? who knows

Before long the battle is going to be here in the East. I just wish Danny would add one quality guy to the bench. As I said before, I have wanted this for three years. A sharp shooter who comes off the bench, does his job scores quick points, and does not complain when he is taken out.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:15 pm

Danny thought Carsen was that guy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:18 pm

he is......in the G League!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:57 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:he is......in the G League!!!
lol

I have also talked about them needing a shooter off the bench.  It seems that we always had that on championship teams.

Perhaps one of our young guys like Romeo Langford could develop into a shooter off the bench.  That will not happen this year though.  I thought Carsen could help us there as well but he has not played much for us this year and I think his size is a factor,  He is a PG that does not appear to be a guy who can run the offense.  He's a tough kid but very limited.

But like Romeo he is early in the developmental stage of his career.  Time will tell.

It is interesting that this team has only one guy 30 years old.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3