+5
worcester
dboss
gyso
Shamrock1000
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Home

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2020/02/comments-from-other-side-clippers-21320.html

by FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE:  MY favorites are in bold.  Which are yours?

Better chance of beating Boston than beating Philly, that is for certain.

The Sixers won because they were at home and Embiid finally played the game Barkley and Shaq have been goading him into low post bullyboy instead of launching 3's at 30%    And center is our weak spot

Philly cannot handle adversity and it will show in the playoffs. It's already showing on the road. If this was the playoffs, the ball would be going to kawhi Leonard each time down the floor, he'd up with 40 and carry the clippers to a win

Good luck from all the sixers fans. **** the Celtics.

Sixers fan here. Take these fools down clipper bros

I totally forgot we had Morris. I was like who the **** is that?

Marcus Smart is so dislikeable

Marcus smart is pretty ****ing cool.. I hate it RN tho

Paul George is still trash Really sad

Tatum is completely outplaying George Really sad. He couldn’t do anything.

Kawhi keeps carrying this team. The rest of the team sucks

Lou Will is a serious level of stupid guy I’m tired of this guy

Surprised the Celtics didn’t do anything to boost big man depth

So this is what it was like to be a Bulls fan during the Michael Jordan era. Doc was right--Kawhi's really on that plane.

Boston better avoid Philly in the playoffs with the size issue

Why is Morris getting technicals already. And all these turnovers

Jayson tatum taking short shorts too serious that dude practically wearing a thong out there

Morris and Bev are gonna pick up so many technicals together 😂

Marcus got a target on his back these refs are SOFT

PG wont show up until we play a lottery team I guess.

Its not his fault its the refs.

Harrell is in? Expect Kanter to get some easy buckets here

Can't allow kanter to get offensive rebounds. He's a monster at that. Bit we're playing good so far

Real question. Is Tatum arguably better than PG13, at least right now?

Terrible trade by management. Morris has not been a net upgrade.

Panic move to keep him away from the Lakers.

The Clippers miss Mo’s defense bad and it shows. They don’t even Brown and we’re getting torched.

Doc is ****ing garbage. Run some ****ing plays. The **** are you doing?

Said it before gona say it again. Our Coaching is garbage as ****.

Let's stop tatum now

Tatum hit tough, contested shots. He's going to come back down soon.

Second half blowout coming Celtics will easily destroy this defense-less team!!!!

My dude did not just call the white guy Tatum, like I know he’s light skin but damn Marv

He’s elderly, cut him some slack lol

"A series of moves by Tatum" exclaims Marv It was Gordon Hayward

PG hurt himself when he slipped. This fool about to be out til March.

Trezz came to play today The Celtics big men are baby food for him. He’s about to feast.

PG doesn't even look like the 5th best player on the court tonight for either teams

Wish Jaylen Brown was playing, I want to see how this team competes against a healthy Boston team. He'd be guarding Leonard

Actually smart was the main guy to guard Kawhi in our first matchup when Jay Brown played

Pg13 playing like junk again. What a wuss

Yep PG is done.

Get PG off the floor

Refs only wanna blow the whistle when the Celtics got the ball

So whistles every time Boston has possession?

Can we get Mcgruder off walker please...****ing doc man

Why tf did Jimmy Butler choose the heat man damn

Marcus Smaht

Marcus Dumb

Scott Foster and Crew are killing the flow the game :/

Bostons screens don't look legal and a lot of these calls are phantom.

Does Doc Rivers know what a time-out is?

I miss Moe’s defense. And why is Theiss getting the Bogut Treatment on these screens from refs tf.

Really a tied game, Celtics are worse than I thought

We have people saying Morris sucks now? You guys can’t actually be fans. Morris was the most sought after piece at the trade deadline, literally any other team would love to have him. Weirdos I swear

Fun fact it was actually Marcus Morris and Paul George that killed JonBenét Ramsey

We get 0 calls pathetic  (MY NOTE:  I don't know when this was posted, but by the end of the game the ftas were 37 for them vs 40 for us.  So pretty even)

I’m ready for a playoff run without PG, as long as we got everyone else I’m confident.

Yeah, maybe we should cut him and sign Tyler Johnson? What do you think.

No dumb**** I just don’t expect him to magically get healthy just because the playoffs starts. More injury prone than Blake and CP combined at this point

I wish Lou and PG actually played like they give a ****. They dribble so ****ing lazy

Boston leads in deflections.

That doesn’t mean ya gotta hand them the ball repeatedly

Y'all just forgot that Boston is ****ing good huh? Or how hard it was the last time we played them? We're in ****ing Boston.

What happened to PG

Strained his leg chasing one of his turnovers

This team gave up solid stretch 4 and future All-Star point guard for this injury prone/choking hazard

Superstars join us and they turn into injury prone.

Paul George putting too much stress on his hamstring picking up bills off the ground for his Stripper wife

Pg made of glass. Give me shai and our pics back we still have the receipt lol

PG trade officially a waste

I’m starting to feel the front office knows something that we don’t about PG’s hamstring which is why they pulled that Morris trade.... Seriously.

This trade has been a disaster. Thanks, GM Kawhi, for demanding PG of all people.

Lol Marcus smart Kobe fadeaway goes

Jayson Tatum is ****ing swole like holy damn he got some thick a** biceps

He’s wirey and meaty at the same time somehow.

Tatum is a confident player.

Smart gets away with murder defending the post. Karate chopped across Kawhi then puts two hands and chucks him from behind. Wtf is that refs?

I don't understand doc's offense..

There is no plan, that’s doc’s offense

Lmao, I swear every time we come back from commercial, Celtics are at the line

Trez, you're not a super star. You are just a bench guy. Not even a star. Don’t act like you’re a super star or All-Star. You’re just good at playing against undersized bench bigs. Stupid guy

Wannamaker is a fake last name!

Scott Foster got Money on Boston

Doc truly a terrible coach

Let beat these Boston massholes

How does Kawhi lose Tatum?!

PG & a first for Tatum straight up lol.

Tatum good

Tatum is the real deal.

Guess the strategy is to let Tatum get to the rim?!

Someone please fire Doc

Kawhi didn't expect the double team Great coaching from Boston

All that racking up with Rakuten has really helped Tatum's game.

Tatum a killer

tatum can ball

Morris is gonna have to steal the ball and go coast to coast for a shot. Lou is not passing to nobody.

Hard to win if you have to play the opposing team AND the refs in every game Sad

I don't get that, we have 3 clipper jerseys there lol and Hayward gets the rebound

this team is such a waste of talent

WTF. Smart is the worst 3 point shooter but hits his 4th three. Damn.

He recorded the most 3points made in a game by a Celtic player another night

Morris shutting down Hayward.

Smart killing Kawhi

Sixers fan here. **** Tatum and smart ugly mfs. Please end these nerds

Scott Foster is Boston William is for the clippers haha

Momentum change thank you based refs

He, we might have lucked out on that travel call.

Of course the momentum shifts back to the Celtics when Harrell and Lou come in. Their offensive black holes and even worse on defense. Put the ball into the hands of out next player. What are you doing Doc are you kidding me

Theis looks like a white supremacist. Don’t @ me

Marcus Smart is killing us

I hate this game Because I know Scott Foster is going do something

Was that a make up call? Are the refs going to give us a free one for once 👀

Wtf they’re making Tatum look like Kobe

Tatum completely outplaying Kawhi Is the saddest part of this game

Wow, tatum just beat Kawhi on both ends of the floor.

Marcus Morris is just what the clips need

But I thought Morris was bad

Didn’t know the refs were Celtics fans

Meh, that was a poor play by Kawhi

Good double by Celtics... Kawhi had a skip pass to make to the open guy, but forced it :/

This is like the Philly game. Can't get a stop And instead of Richardson draining 3’s, it’s Smart this time

Really sad We can’t dominate anyone, any team. We’re simply not good. Really sad.

Okay, these two teams in the finals would be a hell of a series!!!

Wicked cross by Kemba, ngl

Lol. Kawhi just wrecked neo-Theiss

TNT sucks for showing ads multiple times, when the game is already going again

Damn when did Tatum become harden with the foul calls?

Tatums shoulders and chest do look wider

ROIDS

Theis looks like a rapper  (MY NOTE:  Vanilla Theis)

Clippers are lucky that Boston lay-ups aren't falling.

Kawhi is actually getting clamped. I’ve never seen this before

It's legit Lou vs. SMart right now

Man, smart's just too good

Good-for-nothing dim-witted piece-of-sh** referees.

Sweet Lou didn't think you could be any sweeter

Nice move Tatum. That footwork is immaculate. We still got Kawhi tho.

Hate to say it but Kawhi is high key getting clamped by Tatum

Man Tatum is special.

I wanna see this as a finals match up so bad 😅

Shamet on Tatum again. Fire doc

Tatum is something else man

I can’t remember ever seeing Kawhi get dominated on both sides of the court like this. Tatum got REAL good this year,

Trade kawhi for harkless I'm sick of this

Tatum is really good wow

Tatum just owned Kawhi... Damn that’s tough man

Every dog has it's day. Kawhi got the better career lol

Tatum is owning Kawhi wtffff.

Shamet is getting grilled, championship teams don't just fold defensively like this

Good thing Hayward trying to make his best PG13 impression

They are attacking every single time and we can’t stop them

kemba the cross over master

Kemba >>>>> Kyrie

If that shot doesn't go in then Lou wouldve gotten 3 free throws as he always does. Bullsh**

This might be the finals right here.

Celtics don’t get through the Bucks

Zero adjustments for Tatum, and Kawhi mostly sat there on the wing chillin instead of running plays. Genius coaching

I need something to punch that isnt my wall

Thanks refs for ruining that 4 pt play and costing us the game

That wasn't a horrible call by the refs. Ball was at his waist when he got fouled. You can see Hayward pull back then he shoots. Was close but there have been much more egregious calls this year.

Refs getting a bomb delivered to their house

I'm surprised that Scott Foster hasn't got his a** beat yet The mobb is protecting him

I'm sorry doc is just a average coach

Hate to say it but Kawhi sh** the bed

Guys this is a regular season game. This team was constructed with the promise of what will happen in JUNE, not February. In other words, this shit don’t matter.

This doesn't matter? This gets put in the L column, just like all the other ones that "don't matter."

Can all the doc defenders stfu now. The dude is trash coach with a huge ego. Just played trez 31 straight minutes like the idiot he is  (MY NOTE:  Montrezl Harrell played a great game.  I have NO idea wtf this guy is talking about)

Doc's crap coaching is gonna cost us the title.

Doc is a ****ing garbage coach. Sadly we’ll never accomplish anything under him

Lou will just bumped Scott foster. Lol

Where’s kawhi man

Yeah this just wasn’t his night at all. Tatum smoked him honestly.

Doc is a ****ing garbage coach. Sadly we’ll never accomplish anything under him

Honestly I don't see how anybody can be mad with the team. They fought hard down two starters when they could've easily mailed it in for the all star break.

Nobody is mad at the players. They mad at Doc

Celtics didn’t have Jaylen brown, which isn’t the same as PG and Bev. But come on, literally their only two big men didn’t play that second OT. Harrell should’ve feasted on Williams, not sure why they didn’t just keep going to that.

You know Vegas had Boston as the favorite right. That's with PG playing. But guys here think it should have been a clipper blowout.

If we're not going to use Kawhi in crunch time, then why even play him this game? Just load manage him ffs

Kawhi played terribly in crunch time this game. It was mostly Lou who came to play.

Celtics and the refs vs clippers

We win if they had counted Kawhi’s 3 in regulation We win if they had counted Lou’s 4 point play.

Kawhi's three was late I accept that but they definitely should have counted Lou's three that's BS.

Saw the replay. Hayward fouled Lou well before he went into his shooting motion.

We'd have won if they counted the shots we didn't take and all the shots we took in the other games. Dude... Both those calls were correct. Kawhis finger was on the ball when the clock showed 0.0. Contact with Lou was made before he started his shooting motion. On to the next one

I did not see any replay that showed lous foul on the floor

Never mind I just saw a replay that showed it. Also his foot was on the line.  (MY NOTE:  If this is true then it shouldn't have been a 3 at all and the Clippers should have lost)

Tatum smoked Kawhi. Ya hate to see it

Tatum smoked Shamet Celtics game plan was to force a switch and take advantage of the mismatch Tatum cooked us all night with it

I'm pretty sure if Kawhi doesnt take that dumb 3 in 2OT when we were up, we win this. Well at least I wanna believe that.

Docs gameplan is to put his 5 best offensive players together and see what happens

That may have been the best game of basketball I've ever seen.

Celtics use Tatum and Kemba screen...SUPER EFFECTIVE I'm very surprised Clippers do not show or hedge a little in order for the larger guard to recover on Tatum. They accepted the switch all the time!

If doc doesn’t make adjustments, I think it’s time they start looking at coaches.

Paul George = Stupid choking hazard/injury prone/washed garbage

How does Boston get the switch to have Lou guarding Tatum everytime but the Doc cant get Kawhi anything but a ISO against Tatum with a double team waiting???

BC Doc sucks

We watched 4 hours of us being behind 80% of the time just for us to end up taking the L

Kudos to Tatum and Smart for playing big throughout the game, on both ends of the floor, and they just got enough key contributions by their players at the right time to pull this one out.

This loss is on Doc, I'm sorry. And we'll keep losing with Doc.

Doc Rivers is such an a** coach. It sucks because Ballmer loves him, but we will not win the title this year with him as coach.

I'm more upset about PG's hamstring issues than the loss. Kawhi struggled, but the guys fought hard and went double OT on the road against one of the top EC teams, who wanted this win like it was a playoff game.

PG had to use having a hamstring injury as an excuse cuz he was playing like trash. Smh cut this weak a** *****

This team is not good and **** George who will miss an other 20 games smh. At this point I really think that kawhi and PG come here just to be home and build new brand not to play basketball because I seriously see no passion and a lot of injuries due to lack of training. We gave up our future for both injuries prone players and one of them is a choker.

Doc is a moron

Doc rivers is basically a glorified tyronn lue. He's the "mark Jackson" and Jerry West needs to find the "Steve kerr" to elevate this team to another level. I'm honestly fine if Clippers get bounced in the 1st round because that's the only way the FO can be convinced to get rid of doc rivers

To be fair to Boston they were missing Jaylen Brown Kanter turned his ankle and from the way PG was playing was a larger loss on the night. They won the fair fight were the better team in the second half

They are the better team period. This Clipper squad is extremely overrated. They have shown that again and again this season.

PG need to be in the all washed game

We gave up so much for him... And he can’t even stay on the court, and when he is on the court he’s usually ineffective. Sorry but I’m really pi**ed that he was MVP caliber last season and now he decides to become washed up garbage for us …

Ref Scott Foster : 6th Man of the Year !!

It's not on refs. It’s on Doc’s coaching & our inability to stay healthy.

bob

.[/b][/b]
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Home

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 pm

Best comment was Bob' note:

Vanilla Theis

That pretty much wins the internet. Like many genius ideas, once you see it, you can't believe nobody thought of it earlier.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Clippers, Home

Post by gyso Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:39 pm

Firedoc is still a thing. Matty, was that you?

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:49 pm

It is rather amusing that the yo yo master continues to get flake.

I actually thought that last season was his best ever coaching.   This year he is dealing with the on again, off again availability to his two 'elite' stars.

They got a damn good team out there in LA but like I said in the game on thread, I am not impressed.  There was nothing for doc to do but maybe double team JT.  That strategy is right around the corner.  Expect it.   Plan for it because it is coming.  It reflects the level of respect about his abilities.

Any coach that does not understand the need to double team a killer offensive player is an idiot.  I guess that would include our very own Brad Stevens.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:06 am

Guess the strategy is to let Tatum get to the rim?!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:52 am

dboss wrote:It is rather amusing that the yo yo master continues to get flake.

I actually thought that last season was his best ever coaching.   This year he is dealing with the on again, off again availability to his two 'elite' stars.

They got a damn good team out there in LA but like I said in the game on thread, I am not impressed.  There was nothing for doc to do but maybe double team JT.  That strategy is right around the corner.  Expect it.   Plan for it because it is coming.  It reflects the level of respect about his abilities.

Any coach that does not understand the need to double team a killer offensive player is an idiot.  I guess that would include our very own Brad Stevens.

So your saying the best wing defender, Kawhi who put the clamps on Giannis last year needs help on Tatum and can’t handle him one on one?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:58 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:It is rather amusing that the yo yo master continues to get flake.

So your saying the best wing defender, Kawhi who put the clamps on Giannis last year needs help on Tatum and can’t handle him one on one?
Correct

Believe it or not Tatum is now on a level where he cannot be checked one on one even by great defenders.  The freak is a great player but he is not a guy that can knock down the deep ball off the bounce like Tatum can.  Plus Leonard had a lot of help on Giannis.  

Tatum is transitioning into a player that will see more double teams away from the basket.  How he handles that will be of vital importance.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:08 am

Jaylen won't be more than a step behind either.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:09 am

Doc is ****ing garbage. Run some ****ing plays. The **** are you doing?
Don’t think he is garbage but I was thinking same. Doc’s Clips are not running anything. Everything is one on one.

We gave up so much for him... And he can’t even stay on the court, and when he is on the court he’s usually ineffective. Sorry but I’m really pi**ed that he was MVP caliber last season and now he decides to become washed up garbage for us …
Hmmmm I think I’ll wait till I get to L.A. then I’ll turn into a heap of garbage
. Fans, you gotta love em
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:11 pm

worcester wrote:Jaylen won't be more than a step behind either.

Jaylen with 2 good ankles is a devastating force.

I don’t get how Adebeyo and Sabonis are better players than Jaylen, clearly not the case, but I understand the politics that certain teams need representation at the ASG.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:27 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:

I don’t get how Adebeyo and Sabonis are better players than Jaylen, clearly not the case, but I understand the politics that certain teams need representation at the ASG.

They're front court. Jaylen's back court. You can't have a team, even an All-Star team, that is all guards just because the best players are guards.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:53 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

They're front court.  Jaylen's back court.  You can't have a team, even an All-Star team, that is all guards just because the best players are guards.

bob

When the Cs played the Heat this year, Jaylen and Bam matched up quite a bit (with Jaylen having the decided advantage so far).

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:13 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

They're front court.  Jaylen's back court.  You can't have a team, even an All-Star team, that is all guards just because the best players are guards.

bob

When the Cs played the Heat this year, Jaylen and Bam matched up quite a bit (with Jaylen having the decided advantage so far).

True, but on the All-Star ballot Jaylen was listed as "back court" and Bam and Butler were "front court". Jaylen guarded Jimmy Butler a lot this year too.

I've said all along I think the snubbing of Jaylen Brown was political. They wanted some All-Stars from Miami, we already had 2 (Kemba and Jayson) so they had to come up with 2 from Miami.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:38 am

Right, but there was enough bigs with Embid, Giannis, AD, Jokic, Gobert, Adebeyo, Sabonis and Siakim, Simmons and Tatum, the last 3 also able to play the 4 which is technically a big, even though Siakim and Tatum can also play the 3 and Simmons can play the point. With those first 5 bigs there’s plenty of minutes, you don’t need both of Adebeyo and Sabonis, you only need one. With the free flowing running of an all star game, and all the fast skilled perimeter players, a fast high riser like Jaylen is made to order for that kind of showcase. You could even make a case for KAT being more of a pure 5 that can do more big man things than Adebeyo or Sabonis, but his team didn’t win, so politically he doesn’t get in.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:21 am

I count it as a blessing that Jaylen was snubbed.
1. He was injured and needed time to rehab. Knowing Jaylen, he would have played on crutches if need be to participate in the ASG.
2. He's really got a chip on his shoulder now! Just watch how he makes the rest of the NBA rue this snub.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:44 pm

worcester wrote:I count it as a blessing that Jaylen was snubbed.
1. He was injured and needed time to rehab. Knowing Jaylen, he would have played on crutches if need be to participate in the ASG.
2. He's really got  a chip on his shoulder now! Just watch how he makes the rest of the NBA rue this snub.
Worcester

This is exactly what I have been thinking.

Making the ASG is a great honor but getting our guys healthy is even more important.   Jaylen is a huge piece on this team and he is now a proven commodity.  Yes he has a chip on his shoulder.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:37 am

dboss wrote:
worcester wrote:I count it as a blessing that Jaylen was snubbed.
2. He's really got  a chip on his shoulder now! Just watch how he makes the rest of the NBA rue this snub.
Worcester

This is exactly what I have been thinking.

Making the ASG is a great honor but getting our guys healthy is even more important.   Jaylen is a huge piece on this team and he is now a proven commodity.  Yes he has a chip on his shoulder.

Dboss/Worcester

I said before they named allstars that it wouldn't be a bad thing if both Jayson and Jaylen didn't make it. I think it will help Jaylen restwise and also add fuel to his fire. Jayson got to see those Allstars up close and personal and probably got a idea of what he needs to keep pushing for.
TD
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 am

Agreed we need Jaylen and whole team healthy for the playoffs, hoping we can use load management and rest certain players against the weaker teams, and use full team against the playoff teams, like Lakers game on 23rd. Last time we beat them by 32, they will show some pride on their home floor, we should be fully healthy, should be hell of a game...!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:26 am

There is one non-contractual advantage to being an All-star and that is you can start asking for, and start receiving, superstar calls. Maybe Jayson's arm waving will work now...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down