Important Note about Posting on this Board

5 posters

Go down

Important Note about Posting on this Board Empty Important Note about Posting on this Board

Post by Sam Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:34 am

Note on posting on this board.

In general, I believe we've been pretty lenlent in allowing certain language on this board. for example, there are just certain emotional times when it seems that nothing but the sh-- word will seem to do the job. As a rule, I try to observe the most forgiving guidelines that I've seen utilized in prime time television.

However, I've recently had to do some edits because of the excessive use of over-the-top words. I decided to change words rather than to delete entire posts because I believe people have the right to have the theme of their opinions heard, even if they may have strayed from a reasonable definition of propriety in their word choices. It's not the intent that's the problem, it's the means of putting that intent into words.

I hope anyone whose posts I've edited don't take offense and realizes that I took the time to do the editing so that their opinions could continue to be read. I hope that, if they have occasion to reread said posts at a later time when such emotionality is not so overwhelming, they'll be rather relieved that the elected style of their posts doesn't diminish their usual strong contributions to this board.

Thanks for your understanding. And, as usual, you're welcome to contact me via PM or email (SlipSamCelt@aol.com) at any time.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Important Note about Posting on this Board Empty Re: Important Note about Posting on this Board

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:47 am

Well shit, Sam, all you had to do is ask...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Important Note about Posting on this Board Empty Re: Important Note about Posting on this Board

Post by beat Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Bob and Sam

I am reminded of an early episode of the Simpsons. The one where Homer gets (steals) cable TV.

Family riding home from church, with Bart and Lisa in the back seat, conversation goes like this.

Marge: So Bart what did you learn about in Sunday School today?

Bart: We learned about hell.

Marge: BART you don't use that word.

Bart: You mean HELL?

Marge: BART!!

Bart: Well how the hell am I suppose to tell you about hell if I can't use the word HELL?

Homer: Kids got a point Marge.

beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:35 pm

sam

you the man. All you mods do great.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm so %&***$# happy that you do this! You are a +(^*&%$#@ and a ><)(^(( not to mention all you *&%$#@%? thanx
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down