3 ways to become a contender

3 posters

Go down

3 ways to become a contender Empty 3 ways to become a contender

Post by dboss Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Draft, trades and free agency.

I have been reading about the Bucks making promises to Giannis to spend whatever it takes to build around him. They may have arrived at that decision a year late.

They have no cap space to sign a high quality guy, Danny owns their 1st rounder this year and the strength of making a trade rests on finding a trading partner or two who is looking for a salary dump.

Other than Kris Middleton the Bucks have nothing of value other than some contracts that will expire in 2021. I am not high on Eric Bledsoe by the way.

As much as I like to criticize Danny Ainge he has been a master at using all 3 methods to build a winner.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

3 ways to become a contender Empty Re: 3 ways to become a contender

Post by dbrown4 Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:46 pm

So you think they are trying to put the ol' snow job on Giannis? Hope he and his agent are smart enough to figure that one out now and plan accordingly. Time to ramp up the trade machine.

So this was basically a "Oh please don't leave us and throw MIL back in the NBA pits of mediocrity for eternity," type speech?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:26 pm

dbrown4 wrote:So you think they are trying to put the ol' snow job on Giannis?  Hope he and his agent are smart enough to figure that one out now and plan accordingly.  Time to ramp up the trade machine.

So this was basically a "Oh please don't leave us and  throw MIL back in the NBA pits of mediocrity for eternity," type speech?  

db

They are desperate. They are like the husband who's wife is ready to leave. Oh honey I know I promised to take you on a vacation. I am calling the travel agent right now. Please stay. Or Honey I promised to fix the broken headlight on your car with a genuine part.

There are two really stupid teams in the East. The Bucks and the Sixers but at least the Sixers have talent. The Bucks are left with offering nothing more than a promise that has very limited possibilities of being fulfilled.

Giannis should plan on leaving after next season and at least tell them that he is filing for divorce so that they can put together a trade package.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Sounded like Kendrick Perkins is calling for Coach Bud's job on a platter today as well after Steven A. pulled it out of him. Funny exchange if you can find it on ESPN. Perk kept talking and Steven A was trying to over talk.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:55 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Sounded like Kendrick Perkins is calling for Coach Bud's job on a platter today as well after Steven A. pulled it out of him.  Funny exchange if you can find it on ESPN.  Perk kept talking and Steven A was trying to over talk.    

db

I saw that exchange.

The only way the Bucks would fire Bud is if Giannis made it a precondition for staying. I think Giannis is looking to be part of a big 3.

It will be interesting to see how teams that have gone with the 2 star paring end up.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi,
Not that I care much about Bucks and where Giannis goes, but I think that they have much deeper problem than lack of talent that surrounds GA.
The team that had the best record all of a sudden disintegrates against a team from a lower part of the playoffs bunch? Gotta be something else: chemistry, coach, etc. or a combination of the above.
Point is that even if they manage to bring better talent it may not be enough to win.
So, my prediction is Giannis will be leaving.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Not that I care much about Bucks and where Giannis goes, but I think that they have much deeper problem than lack of talent that surrounds GA.
The team that had the best record all of a sudden disintegrates against a team from a lower part of the playoffs bunch? Gotta be something else: chemistry, coach, etc. or a combination of the above.
Point is that even if they manage to bring better talent it may not be enough to win.
So, my prediction is Giannis will be leaving.

AK

Sinus

I think it is a combination of things but mainly the lack of 3 and D defenders on the perimeter. With the advent of the 3 point shot and its' impact on winning and losing, teams that can shoot them and defend against them have the best chance of winning.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down