wideclyde
Shamrock1000
18 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Trade Talk - Page 11 Empty Re: Trade Talk

Post by gyso Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:44 pm

Rosalie,

Harden to the Nyets would be so funny. There would be three guys on that team that are used to taking 25 or so shots per game!

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in that locker room after about 10 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:26 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Remember, he already gave up $$ to sign here. I am not so sure he will walk again and give more $$ up. The only reason I see him leaving is that he does not like being an afterthought a lot of times. He could feel a lot like Ray Allen, that is the only way I see him going. UNLESS Danny has indicated that he is going to trade him. He may want to be in charge of his own destiny.

Rosalie,
Based on your note, I think GH and his agent, knowing Danny and the current trading "landscape", are in talks with Danny to find the mutually beneficial option for GH and Celtics. Just my gut feeling.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Good call KDP.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:27 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-sixers-not-want-ben-040000838.html

Report: Sixers do not want to include Ben Simmons in James Harden deal

Mon, November 16, 2020, 8:00 PM PST

The 76ers are one of those teams and with new president Daryl Morey running the show, they are expected to make some type of move here soon. One big name that has popped up recently is Rockets star James Harden as it appears the Rockets are getting ready to blow things up and move forward with a retooling. Harden had a good relationship with Morey and ESPN’s Kendrick Perkins already mentioned that he has Philadelphia on his trade destination list. However, it does appear that the Sixers would have to give up one of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. Which makes total sense as a team has to give up value in order to get value.

Bob
MY NOTE:  A lot of teams are swinging for the fences it seems, or are at least trying.  Part of the reason for that is the movement in the front offices of Houston, Philly, Detroit, Denver, Chicago and Sacramento have installed "new brooms". It will be interesting to see what, if anything, Danny does.  He has to do SOMETHING, three 1st round picks would be insane even if they are all draft-and-stashes, right?  On the other hand we've all said at one time or another that Danny needs to pick up a shooter at the trade deadline and then watched him stand pat, or that he needed to upgrade at big after Horford and Baynes left and he just added no-defense Kanter and hoped the timing was right for The Time Lord, and we still ended up with the #4 defense.    

The complete radio silence coming out of the league office and Woj regarding possible Celtic moves is killing me.  Thank Goodness this crazy, collapsed-accordion off-season will only last this week.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 pm

BobH I think Danny has a trade to move up that is contingent upon a certain player being there.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:51 pm

dboss wrote:BobH  I think Danny has a trade to move up that is contingent upon a certain player being there.

Dboss,

That makes sense, given his need to move some/all of those picks. We'll discuss it more later today and find out how smart we are, hopefully, tomorrow.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Regrets. I have a 6 to 9 p.m. class tonight. Will miss the Zoom.Hope Danny gets a vet, a shooter, a center and a pg backup for fragile Kembs
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:05 pm

worcester wrote:Regrets. I have a 6 to 9 p.m. class tonight. Will miss the Zoom.Hope Danny gets a vet, a shooter, a center and a pg backup for fragile Kembs

Worcester, I was hoping you would be there. If Danny was able to accomplish all that we all would be thrilled.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Please shoot me God if they would ever go for Harden. Sorry, there is only one basketball. This is one good way of scaring Tatum away, this is it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:15 pm

dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:There’s no way New York should give up the #8 pick for Hayward.
How many more wins will that bring New York?
That’s if Gordon can stay healthy.
The Knicks need to take their lumps and not waste draft picks or their few young, good pieces for 30+ year old veterans who will do little to make them better.

TJ

I have to disagree.  GH is better than the 8th pick in this draft.  The Knicks have more lumps on their forehead than an abused cupie doll so they have already taken their lumps.

The Knicks have been adding a lot of rookies on that team but no really high end veteran talent.  Championship team are built through the draft, free agency and trades.  

GH would make any team in the NBA better.  He has skills across the entire spectrum, he has a very high basketball IQ and he is also a great teammates that does not put himself first.

Having said that, I would be pissed if GH went to the Knicks.

I like the top 9 or 10 picks in this draft.
I think 6-10 could be as good as 1-5.
If New York could get Haliburton with the 8th pick, he would be their pg of the future for many years.
Even with Hayward, the Knicks are nowhere near a playoff team.
The Knicks would go into the season with Hayward, Randle, Robinson and Barrett as the 4 best players.
That is not a very good team.

I agree that there appears to be more parity in this draft.

NY has a new coach coming in.  They have a lot of young guys on this team and Thibs is not particularly fond of young guys.  There will be a Quality PG at 14.  therefore if they moved the 8th pick to Boston for Hayward and the 14th pick they could have GH and a future PG.

Anyways it is not that relevant because there is no way that GH is signing with or being traded to the Knicks.

I primarily take exception with the idea that Hayward would not make them a better team.  Hayward is really good.  He could easily be their #1 option on offense.  At some point the Knicks need to add at least two allstar caliber players.  Gh is a 20 PPG guy today.  Just think he only took 13.5 FGA's last season and still averaged almost 18 PPG.

I didn't say that Gordon wouldn't make New York better.
I asked how many more wins would he help New York to gain this season?
Probably not many. That's not Gordon's fault. They are just the Knicks...
Definitely not enough to justify trading away the #8 pick or RJ Barrett.
I agree that Gordon will not be playing in New York this season.
I think the odds are that Gordon stays with Boston for this season or he opts out and signs a 3 or 4 year contract with Atlanta.
I would not be surprised if Atlanta used their cap space to sign Gordon, Rondo and draft a stud like Okongwu or Toppin.
A team of Trae Young, Capella, De'Andre Hunter, Reddish, John Collins, Huerter, Hayward, Rondo and Okongwu is a really nice team that has star potential youth and veterans who can still play and a pretty high level.

Well I would be surprised if Atlanta signed GH.  It assumes way too much.  First GH would have to opt out and become a FA.  Next you have to assume that GH is most interested in chasing a multi-year deal.  And you would totally have to overlook the 'in your face', Indy connection.

Besides, Atlanta is looking to improve defense in their Back court.  Young and Huerter are not exactly a lock down combo.  GH  does not help them where they need it the most.

The odds that he stay or signs a 3-4 year deal with Atlanta is preposterous.  So one or other?  really?

I do not think so?  I think the Celtics have the best odds of keeping him and Atlanta has 0.00% odds of signing him as a FA.

Looks like I might be correct about Gordon and Rondo.
0.00% chance might be a little off...

21 mins ago – via Chris Haynes @ Yahoo! Sports
The Atlanta Hawks are in play in an attempt to acquire Boston Celtics forward Gordon Hayward, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
MORE ON GORDON HAYWARD TRADE?

17 mins ago – via Chris Haynes @ Yahoo! Sports
Atlanta is seeking an alternative playmaker to incorporate alongside young star Trae Young. The Hawks will also be in contention for veteran point guard Rajon Rondo, who is declining his $2.7 million player option with the Los Angeles Lakers to become an unrestricted free agent, sources said. Hayward, 30, has plenty of interest, sources said.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Frank Isola says the Hawks are offering Rajon $15M a year for two years, but Rondo is inclined to sign for $9.5 M with the Clips.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:05 pm

That LA living, guess it is worth giving up a few million

Really disappointed the way this is going with Gordon, but he is obviously the one who wants out. I just hope DA gets something, would be awful to watch Kyrie, Al and Gordon walk with nothing in return. Sad day for me, I was looking forward to a full year of him playing. Still wondering if Danny is trying to trade Kemba too.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:08 pm

What exactly has happened with Gordon? I am in class and sneaking peeks.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:18 pm

They pushed the date for him to opt out/in until Thursday. It seems pretty obvious Danny is trying to work a deal, possibly with Atlanta, possible 3 way, but to me it looks like he is gone. Jrue Holliday got traded to Milwaukee so that went out the window.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:55 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 1 hour ago
Per league source on the Celtics' view of a potential James Harden deal: "No interest."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Thank God, talk about destroying chemistry on a team????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:28 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Thank God, talk about destroying chemistry on a team????

Yea. Wouldnt want him or Westbrook

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:41 pm

Did I hear that Westbrook got traded?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:25 am

bobheckler wrote:Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 1 hour ago
Per league source on the Celtics' view of a potential James Harden deal: "No interest."

Bob

cheers

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:51 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Did I hear that Westbrook got traded?

nothing I've seen yet, but rumors that Wetsbrook to Washington for Wall are out there.

Makes sense since Beal and Wall do not get along and Washington seems intent on keeping Beal around.

might as well see if Westbrook and Beal can co-exist I guess.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
about 2 hours ago
I'm told from a western source @Celtics actually did some research on James Harden to decide if they should pursue a trade discussion... They were strongly advised to keep away. The word on how things slipped apart in Houston didn't paint a lot of people in a very good light.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Well, regardless of what comes of his draft picks at least we know Danny isn't a complete F-up.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11