cowens/oldschool
wideclyde
Shamrock1000
18 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Trade Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade Talk

Post by dboss Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:13 am

tjmakz wrote:There’s no way New York should give up the #8 pick for Hayward.
How many more wins will that bring New York?
That’s if Gordon can stay healthy.
The Knicks need to take their lumps and not waste draft picks or their few young, good pieces for 30+ year old veterans who will do little to make them better.

TJ

I have to disagree. GH is better than the 8th pick in this draft. The Knicks have more lumps on their forehead than an abused cupie doll so they have already taken their lumps.

The Knicks have been adding a lot of rookies on that team but no really high end veteran talent. Championship team are built through the draft, free agency and trades.

GH would make any team in the NBA better. He has skills across the entire spectrum, he has a very high basketball IQ and he is also a great teammates that does not put himself first.

Having said that, I would be pissed if GH went to the Knicks.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:17 am

Dboss..........frankly I will be ticked off if he is gone!!!! I know all the $$ issues , I just wonder why he would want out of a team like this. He was voted 8th in the league as one of the best teammates, so he must be well liked, it is a little baffling to me. I lead with my heart sometimes, as you can tell. I can never imagine anyone wanting to leave the Celtics!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:23 am

dboss wrote:
The Knicks need to take their lumps and not waste draft picks or their few young, good pieces for 30+ year old veterans who will do little to make them better.

TJ

I have to disagree.  GH is better than the 8th pick in this draft.  The Knicks have more lumps on their forehead than an abused cupie doll so they have already taken their lumps.

The Knicks have been adding a lot of rookies on that team but no really high end veteran talent.  Championship team are built through the draft, free agency and trades.  

GH would make any team in the NBA better.  He has skills across the entire spectrum, he has a very high basketball IQ and he is also a great teammates that does not put himself first.

I like the top 9 or 10 picks in this draft.
I think 6-10 could be as good as 1-5.
If New York could get Haliburton with the 8th pick, he would be their pg of the future for many years.
Even with Hayward, the Knicks are nowhere near a playoff team.
The Knicks would go into the season with Hayward, Randle, Robinson and Barrett as the 4 best players.
That is not a very good team.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:28 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30329103/sources-brooklyn-nets-get-guard-bruce-brown-trade-detroit-pistons

Sources: Brooklyn Nets get guard Bruce Brown in trade with Detroit Pistons
6:26 AM PT
ESPN

The Detroit Pistons are trading guard Bruce Brown to the Brooklyn Nets for forward Dzanan Musa and a 2021 second-round pick, sources told ESPN.

The 2021 second-round pick will be via the Toronto Raptors, sources said.

This is the first trade of Detroit general manager Troy Weaver's tenure and the start of his beginning to gather assets and picks to rebuild the Pistons' talent base.

Brown, 24, is a tough, defensive-minded guard who's expected to be a part of the Nets' backcourt rotation. A second-round pick in 2018, Brown started 99 games in his first two NBA seasons.

Musa, the 29th overall pick in the 2018 draft, struggled to find traction with the Nets, but he is still only 21 years old.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 am

The Knicks want to go all-in with Thibs at the helm? That has been their problem for decades. They want to skip the re-building phase of the process and go right to the playoffs.

How has that actually worked out for them? One word:

FAIL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:20 am

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:

TJ

I have to disagree.  GH is better than the 8th pick in this draft.  The Knicks have more lumps on their forehead than an abused cupie doll so they have already taken their lumps.

The Knicks have been adding a lot of rookies on that team but no really high end veteran talent.  Championship team are built through the draft, free agency and trades.  

GH would make any team in the NBA better.  He has skills across the entire spectrum, he has a very high basketball IQ and he is also a great teammates that does not put himself first.

If New York could get Haliburton with the 8th pick, he would be their pg of the future for many years.
The Knicks would go into the season with Hayward, Randle, Robinson and Barrett as the 4 best players.

I agree that there appears to be more parity in this draft.

NY has a new coach coming in. They have a lot of young guys on this team and Thibs is not particularly fond of young guys. There will be a Quality PG at 14. therefore if they moved the 8th pick to Boston for Hayward and the 14th pick they could have GH and a future PG.

Anyways it is not that relevant because there is no way that GH is signing with or being traded to the Knicks.

I primarily take exception with the idea that Hayward would not make them a better team. Hayward is really good. He could easily be their #1 option on offense. At some point the Knicks need to add at least two allstar caliber players. Gh is a 20 PPG guy today. Just think he only took 13.5 FGA's last season and still averaged almost 18 PPG.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Dboss..........frankly I will be ticked off if he is gone!!!!  I know all the $$ issues , I just wonder why he would want out of a team like this.  He was voted 8th in the league as one of the best teammates, so he must be well liked, it is a little baffling to me.  I lead with my heart sometimes, as you can tell.  I can never imagine anyone wanting to leave the Celtics!!!!!!

If Boston can manage to keep him they will be a better team. While we have read about rumors of him not wanting to be here we have yet to get a direct quote ("....")

Rosalie we are going to dispense with all the speculation pretty soon now. It seems every single year there is a player on our team whose tenure is in question.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:41 am

dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:

TJ

NY has a new coach coming in.  They have a lot of young guys on this team and Thibs is not particularly fond of young guys.  There will be a Quality PG at 14.  therefore if they moved the 8th pick to Boston for Hayward and the 14th pick they could have GH and a future PG.

Anyways it is not that relevant because there is no way that GH is signing with or being traded to the Knicks.

I primarily take exception with the idea that Hayward would not make them a better team.  Hayward is really good.  He could easily be their #1 option on offense.  At some point the Knicks need to add at least two allstar caliber players.  Gh is a 20 PPG guy today.  Just think he only took 13.5 FGA's last season and still averaged almost 18 PPG.

I didn't say that Gordon wouldn't make New York better.
I asked how many more wins would he help New York to gain this season?
Probably not many. That's not Gordon's fault. They are just the Knicks...
Definitely not enough to justify trading away the #8 pick or RJ Barrett.
I agree that Gordon will not be playing in New York this season.
I think the odds are that Gordon stays with Boston for this season or he opts out and signs a 3 or 4 year contract with Atlanta.
I would not be surprised if Atlanta used their cap space to sign Gordon, Rondo and draft a stud like Okongwu or Toppin.
A team of Trae Young, Capella, De'Andre Hunter, Reddish, John Collins, Huerter, Hayward, Rondo and Okongwu is a really nice team that has star potential youth and veterans who can still play and a pretty high level.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:56 am

2 minutes to go before the gun goes off. I'm expecting the first 5-10 minutes to be like drinking out of a fire hose.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Interesting. We're 5 minutes into trading season and not even the Laker trade for Schroder has been formally announced.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:34 pm

30+ minutes into trading season and all is quiet on the NBA front.  NOT what I expected, to say the least.

It's hard to believe, with all the cap implications from last year's financial disaster, there won't be movement of contracts, especially by the smaller market teams.

Maybe the sticking point is they are waiting until players officially opt-in/out tomorrow?  At this point, I have no idea wtf is going on...Even the semi-announced trade of Schroder to LAL isn't on the wire yet.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:30+ minutes into trading season and all is quiet on the NBA front.  NOT what I expected, to say the least.

It's hard to believe, with all the cap implications from last year's financial disaster, there won't be movement of contracts, especially by the smaller market teams.

Maybe the sticking point is they are waiting until players officially opt-in/out tomorrow?  At this point, I have no idea wtf is going on...Even the semi-announced trade of Schroder to LAL isn't on the wire yet.

Bob

Bob,

Teams release the details of an upcoming trade but won't officially announce it until it has been completed.
The Lakers and OKC trade should be announced by each team Wednesday night after the Lakers make the 28th pick for OKC.
Yes, there are a lot of players and teams that are still deciding on player/team options.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 pm

tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:30+ minutes into trading season and all is quiet on the NBA front.  NOT what I expected, to say the least.

Bob

Bob,

Teams release the details of an upcoming trade but won't officially announce it until it has been completed.
The Lakers and OKC trade should be announced by each team Wednesday night after the Lakers make the 28th pick for OKC.
Yes, there are a lot of players and teams that are still deciding on player/team options.

TJ,

The deal can go through now, it doesn't need to wait for Wednesday's draft. The draft rights are conveyed, OKC makes their own pick. They don't need Pelinka to do it for them.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

Bob

Bob,

TJ,

The deal can go through now, it doesn't need to wait for Wednesday's draft.  The draft rights are conveyed, OKC makes their own pick.  They don't need Pelinka to do it for them.

Bob

Bob,

The Lakers can't trade this pick until after they make the selection because the Lakers already owe their 2021 1st round pick to New Orleans.
(The Stepien Rule)
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
2 minutes ago
With Gordon Hayward and Enes Kanter’s player option deadlines coming the day after the draft, Austin Ainge says that the uncertainty around those decisions affects them more with draft night trades than it does on the players they’ll pick. “As they say, need is a bad evaluator.”

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:53 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/11/chris-paul-traded-to-phoenix-suns-in-six-player-deal-including-ricky-rubio-kelly-oubre-report.html

Chris Paul traded to Phoenix Suns in six-player deal including Ricky Rubio, Kelly Oubre (report)

Updated 1:41 PM; Today 1:23 PM

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Chris Paul to the Phoenix Suns in a six-player deal, according to multiple reports.

Both The Athletic and ESPN are reporting Paul and former Boston Celtics wing Abdel Nader will go to Houston in exchange for Ricky Rubio, Kelly Oubre, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque, and a 2022 first-round draft pick. Lecque played his high school basketball at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire.

The move is a coup for Phoenix, which hasn’t made the playoffs since 2010. They’ve only had one winning season since then, but after a strong finish to their season where the swept their eight seeding games in Orlando, the team is clearly looking to break that drought.

In Paul, they get a rejuvenated leader who just helped the Thunder overachieve in a year where many thought they’d fall apart and start selling off their pieces. Instead, Paul led the Thunder into the playoffs where they narrowly lost in Game 7 of their opening round series with the Houston Rockets. Paul will team up with high-powered scorer Devin Booker and talented young big man Deandre Ayton in Phoenix, giving them formidable offensive options in their push for the playoffs.

The NBA’s short turnaround could make this an interesting run for the Suns. They are in the same division as the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers, two teams who may be forced to load manage and rest after deep playoff runs. If the league puts together a division-heavy schedule, the Suns playoff hopes could be boosted by catching these better teams on shorthanded nights.

The 35-year-old Paul’s quest for a championship is nearing its end, and it will be interesting to see what notoriously frugal owner Robert Sarver will be willing to do to add pieces to this team.

Meanwhile, Paul’s trade to Phoenix keeps him away from potential Eastern Conference suitors like the Philadelphia 76ers. The Sixers have been rumored to be interested in Paul, especially after Daryl Morey, who traded for Paul and then traded him away to OKC while in Houston, took over in Philadelphia.

The Thunder continue to be a team to watch on the trade market. This is step one of a tear-down during which they acquire young talent and draft picks for veteran players. This particular trade will give them an interesting wing player in Oubre to evaluate for a few months before deciding on whether to keep him around or trade him before his contract expires at the end of this year. It seems likely the Thunder will have little long-term use for Rubio, so he will be a name to watch for in future trades as well. The Thunder are also likely to look for places to trade Steven Adams, who is on the final year of his deal and making $27.5 million, and the recently acquired Danny Green, who is in the last year of his deal and making $15.3 million. Green was acquired in a trade with the Los Angeles Lakers for guard Dennis Schroeder.

Bob

1:24 p.m. ET: The Oklahoma City Thunder are finalizing a deal to send Chris Paul and Abdel Nader to the Phoenix Suns for Kelly Oubre Jr., Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm

This is very interesting Paul played well last year and now you add him to a team with some pretty good young talent.

Looks like they will be able to retain their core players.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:33 pm

I also see where DeRozan opted IN to his $27+ million deal.

I expect GH to do the same. Make the dough and next year you will still be an unrestricted FA.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:34 pm

there goes one of the big rumors yesterday from the Hardware Houdini or what ever the hell they call themselves. They had 3 trades, all involving Celtics, one really off the wall. Love it when these genius's theories blow up on them!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:39 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:there goes one of the big rumors yesterday from the Hardware Houdini or what ever the hell they call themselves.  They had 3 trades, all involving Celtics, one really off the wall.  Love it when these genius's theories blow up on them!

It resembles click bait stuff Rosalie.

Danny has been poker facing everyone. I like it.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:11 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:there goes one of the big rumors yesterday from the Hardware Houdini or what ever the hell they call themselves.  They had 3 trades, all involving Celtics, one really off the wall.  Love it when these genius's theories blow up on them!

Almost every rumor I have seen has been from one of these fan sites. These are run by fans. Like us. Unlike a good beat writer or a high-end national writer, they are not plugged into any inside information. The stuff they propose is no different than the ideas people on this site throw out, other than perhaps being less well considered. Unfortunately the way google (or really any search engine) and social media feeds work is that the algorithms see that you are a Celtic fan, so they keep sending your news feed these useless articles from these small little fan sites. Welcome to the echo chamber.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:31 pm

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:

TJ

NY has a new coach coming in.  They have a lot of young guys on this team and Thibs is not particularly fond of young guys.  There will be a Quality PG at 14.  therefore if they moved the 8th pick to Boston for Hayward and the 14th pick they could have GH and a future PG.

I primarily take exception with the idea that Hayward would not make them a better team.  Hayward is really good.  He could easily be their #1 option on offense.  At some point the Knicks need to add at least two allstar caliber players.  Gh is a 20 PPG guy today.  Just think he only took 13.5 FGA's last season and still averaged almost 18 PPG.

I think the odds are that Gordon stays with Boston for this season or he opts out and signs a 3 or 4 year contract with Atlanta.
I would not be surprised if Atlanta used their cap space to sign Gordon, Rondo and draft a stud like Okongwu or Toppin.
A team of Trae Young, Capella, De'Andre Hunter, Reddish, John Collins, Huerter, Hayward, Rondo and Okongwu is a really nice team that has star potential youth and veterans who can still play and a pretty high level.

Well I would be surprised if Atlanta signed GH. It assumes way too much. First GH would have to opt out and become a FA. Next you have to assume that GH is most interested in chasing a multi-year deal. And you would totally have to overlook the 'in your face', Indy connection.

Besides, Atlanta is looking to improve defense in their Back court. Young and Huerter are not exactly a lock down combo. GH does not help them where they need it the most.

The odds that he stay or signs a 3-4 year deal with Atlanta is preposterous. So one or other? really?

I do not think so? I think the Celtics have the best odds of keeping him and Atlanta has 0.00% odds of signing him as a FA.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:35 pm

well Bob I came close on the Paul to Phoenix trade anyway.

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t17651-time-for-my-never-awaited-and-much-panned-mock-draft

I'll call that half right!!

better than half wit I suppose.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:24 pm

dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:

TJ

Well I would be surprised if Atlanta signed GH.  It assumes way too much.  First GH would have to opt out and become a FA.  Next you have to assume that GH is most interested in chasing a multi-year deal.  And you would totally have to overlook the 'in your face', Indy connection.

Besides, Atlanta is looking to improve defense in their Back court.  Young and Huerter are not exactly a lock down combo.  GH  does not help them where they need it the most.

The odds that he stay or signs a 3-4 year deal with Atlanta is preposterous.  So one or other?  really?

I do not think so?  I think the Celtics have the best odds of keeping him and Atlanta has 0.00% odds of signing him as a FA.

If Gordon opts out, it makes sense to sign a multi-year contract of at least 3 years.
It will take him some time to make up for the lost money if he walks away from his $34+m contract with Boston.
There have been rumors of Gordon possibly wanting to leave Boston and declining his option. Yes, they are just rumors as far as we know.
If Gordon leaves, there are few teams with enough cap space of at least $20m. Indiana is not one of them.
If Gordon wants to play for Indiana, he either has to pick up his option, then get traded there or convince Boston to sign and trade him to Indiana.
He could go to Atlanta in their cap space.
I think Gordon ultimately stays with Boston.
I said the same thing last year about Horford and was wrong with that prediction.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Remember, he already gave up $$ to sign here. I am not so sure he will walk again and give more $$ up. The only reason I see him leaving is that he does not like being an afterthought a lot of times. He could feel a lot like Ray Allen, that is the only way I see him going. UNLESS Danny has indicated that he is going to trade him. He may want to be in charge of his own destiny.

I just had to sit thru listening to Draper, et al talking about giving up Smart and Jaylen to get Harden. That is a sickening move for me. That is one way we may lose Tatum, Mr Ballhog will never give him the ball. Look at how many shots per game he shoots. So....you can tell I do not like this whimper at all. I guess he said he wouldn’t mind going to the Nets. Eh?????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next