cowens/oldschool
wideclyde
Shamrock1000
18 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Trade Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Talk

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Rozier's numbers are o.k., but I don't like his game. He's the last guy I'd want with the ball in his hannds and the game on the line.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:30 pm

dboss wrote:
kdp59 wrote:we'd have been a different team with Vucavic for sure. But no Kemba then.

That is correct but as you know I would not have signed Kemba Walker.   My suggested back then was that you go get a high quality center and I did reference Vucavic and you resign Terry Rozier.  

A starting 5 of Rozier and Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Vucavic would have been competitive.  Our bench would still be missing a shooter but that is on Danny.  He added 7 very unproductive rookies.  All of them have big question marks heading into their 2nd season.  

Instead, here we are 1 year removed and we still need to upgrade our center and we are concerned about the health of our starting point guard and productivity from our bench.  

no worries I fixed all that in the post above yours.....LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:36 pm

kdp59 wrote:a quick Bamba centric off-season, only for conversation.

Celtics convince Kanter to take his player option and trade him to Orlando with the #14 pick for M. Bamba.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bambamo01.html

on draft day, Ainge trades #30 pick and  C. Edwards contract for a future first round pick.

Celtics draft Tyler Bey at #26.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/tyler-bey/

Ainge signs Justin Holiday (not JRUE) using the MLE.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/holidju01.html

T. Waters replaces Wanamker on the roster next season.

roster:

Theis
Bamba- Trade
R. Williams
Poirier
G. Williams
Semi
Tatum
Hayward
Bey- #26 pick
Brown
Langford
J. Holiday- MLE
Smart
Kemba
Waters

would that move the needle or just be moving pieces?

I see no good reason to have both RW and Bamba. They are both young developing centers but we need a center who will be an upgrade today. I like the Holiday FA MLE signing but our long term PG situation cannot be ignored given the potential that Kemba's knee becomes gimpy.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:06 am

then you see it as more moving pieces.

I don't see  a BU PG  as a urgent need right now. Smart can fill that role just fine, IMO. and IF Kemba misses time, I am good with Waters backing up Smart for a bit.

I really think Waters deserves a shot with a big club after being ROY in the G-league.

Trying to come up with pieces that will fix our holes , generally considered to be

1) another big man, preferably with length. Probably not getting a starter. May have to be a trade or the #14 pick

2) Shooter off the bench. MLE can probably get that, depending on the FA market. Galloway, Holiday are two I keep coming  back with.

3) some feel a young BU PG is needed. maybe  a later draft pick, if you feel we can find a better player than Waters.

our cap situation makes it hard to fill all three for sure, but a big man may be the hardest one.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clippers-championship-window-isnt-closed-230713100.html

Clippers' championship window isn't closed, but team has key decisions to make

LA Times
Andrew Greif
,LA Times•October 13, 2020

Trade Talk - Page 3 Eef1065d9fd533dd412f1dad1edf3ce5
The Clippers came up short in 2020 despite signing Kawhi Leonard and acquiring Paul George during the offseaosn. (Darren Abate / Associated Press)

In the month since the Clippers bowed out of the playoffs, players went silent on social media after coach Doc Rivers’ departure and discussions about the direction of the team's coaching search have remained mum. Then, before the Lakers and Miami Heat met in Game 5 of the NBA Finals last week, a window into their world emerged on Instagram.

Patrick Beverley, the fiery guard, shared a quote: “Sometimes you gotta watch the confetti fall on somebody else.” The statement’s truth “hit different now,” Beverley added — a nod, presumably, to the sting felt watching L.A.'s other team on the verge of a championship, weeks after the Clippers’ own chances crashed.

As the NBA enters its most uncertain offseason, with the salary cap and start dates for free agency, training camp and the season yet to be set, the Clippers are wrestling with their own questions. Their championship window is not closed. Realizing that lofty ambition, however, will hinge heavily on key decisions taking place over the next several months.

The first is who will succeed Rivers as coach. The Clippers intended to run a broad search that would consider veteran coaches and up-and-coming assistants and that has been the case so far, with would-be first-time coaches such as Wes Unseld Jr., a Denver Nuggets assistant, and more experienced candidates including Mike Brown and Tyronn Lue, a Clippers assistant who coached Cleveland to the 2016 championship, among those who have spoken with the team, people with knowledge of the situation confirmed. The Clippers are also known to hold interest in speaking with Jeff Van Gundy, the television analyst and former coach in New York and Houston who is close with Lawrence Frank, the team’s president of basketball operations.

From the outset, the Clippers also intended to run their search at their own pace even though the top jobs in Houston, New Orleans and Indiana had opened earlier and could affect the Clippers’ pool of candidates if filled soon. Lue, who is still considered a prime candidate to succeed Rivers, his mentor and close friend, interviewed Monday in Houston, according to reports, and remains a candidate in New Orleans as well.

Hiring a new coach will herald a significant change for the Clippers after seven years under Rivers, who won more games than any coach in team history, with more anticipated to follow. Coaches with more experience typically are given leeway to dictate their staff, but Frank understands coaching circles deeply after spending more than two decades on NBA sidelines. Some members of Rivers’ staff had coached with him since his tenure in Boston, but it remains unknown how many assistants could make the transition under the new coach.

In the wake of the Clippers' collapse against Denver, one league executive said few of his peers were gloating at the result because they understood all too well that the Clippers were expected to rebound as one of the top contenders next year. Clippers starters held the fourth-best net rating — the points differential per 100 possessions — of any postseason lineup to play at least 70 minutes. Yet that group was rarely together, owing to the fact that forward Marcus Morris wasn’t acquired until February, along with injuries, absences and other lineup choices.

Keeping that lineup intact will require re-signing Morris, an unrestricted free agent whom the Clippers can offer a multiyear contract worth up to $18 million next season.

Accomplishing the expected bounce-back will require roster changes. It was Kawhi Leonard, the All-Star leading scorer who can become a free agent after next season,who said the team needed “better basketball IQ,” and one area seen as critical is adding a point guard to share the play-making workload with Leonard, who averaged a career-high 4.9 assists in his first season with the Clippers.

Finding significant upgrades isn’t a given. The free-agent class is not considered especially deep. The Clippers can use a mid-level exception and sign players on short-term, less-expensive contracts, but their ability to entice trade offers is limited as they don’t own a first-round draft pick outright until 2027 after last year's trade for Paul George.

Trade Talk - Page 3 Bec728ce766f7050dc02105a0b956274
Los Angeles Clippers' Montrezl Harrell reacts after making a basket
Montrezl Harrell, who was named the NBA's sixth man of the year, will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason. (Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press)

The unrestricted free agency of backup center Montrezl Harrell is being watched closely. During the postseason, he never regained the form that made him the NBA’s top reserve during the season, after he left the team for one month for family reasons,and Rivers’ continued use of Harrell despite his inefficiency was a constant critique throughout the playoffs.

Harrell's durability and consistent production during the regular season — particularly on offense, as he averaged a career-high 18.6 points while playing all but one game — were clearly valuable on nights when either Leonard or George was unavailable to play or they had their minutes restricted because of injuries. There is interest in re-signing Harrell, who might command a smaller salary than expected because of the combination of his postseason performance and a market in which few teams have cap space.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Coaches get fired because of team underachievement and, occasionally, because the star player cannot stand them and the player has the juice to force a decision (e.g. LeBron and David Blatt) or perhaps a decision is made by the front office to rebuild and the coach doesn't want to go through that (e.g. Doc wanting out of Boston after Pierce and KG were traded).  The underlying disappointment creates motivation for change.  A new coach in Clipperland means a new mind and pair of eyes on the roster who will be accepting of suggestions made by the front office, ostensibly with improvement as the goal.  Changes that were, perhaps, unsupported by the previous coach.  Changes needed to implement the new coach's philosophy.  That creates opportunities for other GMs, going both ways.  A trade by the Clips will create a need by them to somehow replace the role filled by the departing player, and that's an opportunity by someone (Oh, let's just say for example, a Mormon living in Boston) to fill that need in exchange for something he needs.  Danny doesn't need to be the first GM to make a trade with LAC, he can be the one who facilitates it or who makes the 2nd trade that fills a new need created in LA and the team who gave up a player to get the Clipper player.

New coaches create new opportunities for roster change.  We have, or will have, new coaches in Philly (Doc), LAC, Houston, OKC, Chicago (Billy Donovan from OKC), NYK (Thibs), Brooklyn (Steve Nash), Indiana, Cleveland (JB Bickerstaff took over in 2/20.  This is their first offseason to make roster changes under him), New Orleans.  That's 10 new, or relatively new, head coaching changes.  That's a lot of opportunity.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 am

Just a crazy idea here, but please bear with me as I go through my points.

How about DeMarcus Cousins?

He's 30, so not that old.
He's had some bad injuries, he won't be the same player, but if he's even 75% of what he was he'll be the best center on the team, one of the better centers in the league, and he'll play for dirt cheap to rehabilitate his reputation and market value (e.g. Evan Turner).

Here's video of him working out recently.

DeMarcus Cousins
@boogiecousins
“ Patience is bitter, but it’s fruit is sweet. “
https://twitter.com/i/status/1316047183595020295

I know Cousins has a rep for being a hothead and all, but that was before he was humbled by injuries.  When he was healthy he was the best big in the game.  Young Joel Embiid was trying to become DeMarcus Cousins back then.  If he can give us 15 good mpg off the bench that would be HUGE.  His pea-brain aside, his talent off the bench would be comparable to signing Bill Walton to back up Chief, except that Theis isn't Chief and, therefore, needs the help even more.  And Walton's foot was a major question mark back then too. And, to be honest, I don't remember Cousins having a problem with anybody except the refs.  I cannot remember any teammate that didn't love him, I can't remember him ever badmouthing any of his coaches (despite being on a team that missed the playoffs every year he was in Sacto).  Paul Pierce gave an ultimatum to Danny, "trade me while I have value or build a championship around me", because he didn't want to spend the rest of his career in Boston, even though he was green through-and-through, without a legit shot at a title.  Boogie played 7 seasons in Sacto and they never even played a single playoff game.  I wouldn't give two shits for any player that wasn't bothered at least a little bit by that.  That's supposed to bother you.

No.  I'm not drunk.  Desperate for a quality veteran big perhaps, but not drunk.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:14 pm

kdp59 wrote:then you see it as more moving pieces.

I don't see  a BU PG  as a urgent need right now. Smart can fill that role just fine, IMO. and IF Kemba misses time, I am good with Waters backing up Smart for a bit.

I really think Waters deserves a shot with a big club after being ROY in the G-league.

Trying to come up with pieces that will fix our holes , generally considered to be

1) another big man, preferably with length. Probably not getting a starter. May have to be a trade or the #14 pick

2) Shooter off the bench. MLE can probably get that, depending on the FA market. Galloway, Holiday are two I keep coming  back with.

3) some feel a young BU PG is needed. maybe  a later draft pick, if you feel we can find a better player than Waters.

our cap situation makes it hard to fill all three for sure, but a big man may be the hardest one.

Waters has to become a dead eye shooter, at his size if he’s only avg at shooting, it will not work, he has to make them pay and it will open up the rest of his game.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:18 pm

bobheckler wrote:Just a crazy idea here, but please bear with me as I go through my points.

He's had some bad injuries, he won't be the same player, but if he's even 75% of what he was he'll be the best center on the team, one of the better centers in the league, and he'll play for dirt cheap to rehabilitate his reputation and market value (e.g. Evan Turner).

DeMarcus Cousins
@boogiecousins

I know Cousins has a rep for being a hothead and all, but that was before he was humbled by injuries.  When he was healthy he was the best big in the game.  Young Joel Embiid was trying to become DeMarcus Cousins back then.  If he can give us 15 good mpg off the bench that would be HUGE.  His pea-brain aside, his talent off the bench would be comparable to signing Bill Walton to back up Chief, except that Theis isn't Chief and, therefore, needs the help even more.  And Walton's foot was a major question mark back then too.  And, to be honest, I don't remember Cousins having a problem with anybody except the refs.  I cannot remember any teammate that didn't love him, I can't remember him ever badmouthing any of his coaches (despite being on a team that missed the playoffs every year he was in Sacto).  Paul Pierce gave an ultimatum to Danny, "trade me while I have value or build a championship around me", because he didn't want to spend the rest of his career in Boston, even though he was green through-and-through, without a legit shot at a title.  Boogie played 7 seasons in Sacto and they never even played a single playoff game.  I wouldn't give two shits for any player that wasn't bothered at least a little bit by that.  That's supposed to bother you.

No.  I'm not drunk.  Desperate for a quality veteran big perhaps, but not drunk.

Bob

Bob not a bad idea, hadn’t even thought of him, he can do a lot more than Kantor

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:23 pm

bobheckler wrote:Just a crazy idea here, but please bear with me as I go through my points.

DeMarcus Cousins
@boogiecousins

I know Cousins has a rep for being a hothead and all, but that was before he was humbled by injuries.  When he was healthy he was the best big in the game.  Young Joel Embiid was trying to become DeMarcus Cousins back then.  If he can give us 15 good mpg off the bench that would be HUGE.  His pea-brain aside, his talent off the bench would be comparable to signing Bill Walton to back up Chief, except that Theis isn't Chief and, therefore, needs the help even more.  And Walton's foot was a major question mark back then too.  And, to be honest, I don't remember Cousins having a problem with anybody except the refs.  I cannot remember any teammate that didn't love him, I can't remember him ever badmouthing any of his coaches (despite being on a team that missed the playoffs every year he was in Sacto).  Paul Pierce gave an ultimatum to Danny, "trade me while I have value or build a championship around me", because he didn't want to spend the rest of his career in Boston, even though he was green through-and-through, without a legit shot at a title.  Boogie played 7 seasons in Sacto and they never even played a single playoff game.  I wouldn't give two shits for any player that wasn't bothered at least a little bit by that.  That's supposed to bother you.

Bob

well, for at a moment at least I will not be considered the "crazy one" around here!!!

What a Face
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:26 pm

I could see how he could replace Kanter and wouldn’t be against it if it happened. It wouldn’t be my preference.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:29 pm

kdp59 wrote:

DeMarcus Cousins
@boogiecousins

Bob

well, for at a moment at least I will not be considered the "crazy one" around here!!!

What a Face

kdp,

Always glad to help. Anytime you need someone to look/sound nuttier than you just give me a holler.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:46 pm

Cousins could be worth the gamble. Not a huge risk since he would probably have to come in at a reduced price with a short-term obligation. Most likely would help fill Celtic needs for depth at center. I'd still look for a young center in the draft as well.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm

We do not need a BU PG. We have that already. What we will need to to find is a future starting PG.

That however is not our #1 need. Our #1 need I think is scoring off the bench. #2 would be to find an upgrade in the middle. I like Theis and RW3 and even for those who like Gwill at 5, we need better quality at the 5 in terms of rebounding and scoring and defense.

The Heat series revealed that our center matchup favored them and our bench scoring favored them. Therefore those two issues must be addressed. Even with healthy GH and a healthy KW, our bench scoring was at 29th.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Cousins was on the Lakers roster for most of the season.
They had to waive him to sign Morris.
Some of the Lakers players included him in the celebration after game 6.
I think LA has a good chance to resign him.
He will be a good and cheap gamble for whatever team he signs with.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/10/12/21513044/anthony-davis-demarcus-cousins-la-lakers-news-nba-finals-championship

Anthony Davis includes DeMarcus Cousins in NBA Championship celebration

Cousins will be eligible for a ring having spent time with the Lakers this season.
By NathanBeighle  Oct 12, 2020, 2:59pm EDT

Before sustaining a plethora of injuries, DeMarcus Cousins was one of the most dominant big men in basketball.

After forcing his way out of the Sacramento, he linked up with Anthony Davis in New Orleans, helping make them a contender in the Western Conference until he went down with a ruptured Achilles late in the 2017-18 season.

Cousins then signed with the Golden State Warriors. After making return to the court, Cousins tore his quad, leaving him sidelined for most of the 2018-19 playoffs.

A free agent again, he was given another chance to shine with the Los Angeles Lakers, signing with them this past offseason. That didn’t last long as he tore his ACL before playing a single game in LA, then was eventually waived during the season.

It’s been a rough past few years for Cousins, as he’s just not been able to stay healthy and was never truly being able to reunite with Davis.

However, when Davis won the NBA Finals with his Lakers yesterday, he remembered Cousins. Davis, per a report from The Athletic’s Shams Charania, FaceTimed Cousins in the locker room following the team’s Game 6 victory.

Both Cousins and Davis were Kentucky Wildcats with the former being taken in the 2010 NBA Draft and the latter in 2012. Obviously having been on two teams together and both having come through Lexington, the friendship is there, and it’s nice to see Davis including Cousins in on the celebration.

Davis scored 19 points and hauled down a game-high 15 boards in Game 6.

This was Davis’ first NBA Championship while teammate LeBron James, who won Finals MVP, now has four to his name.

That said, let’s hope the Lakers do right by Cousins and give him the chance to take a ring, something he’s likely craved his entire career. But since he didn’t actually play for the Lakers, Cousins may pass on it in hopes of winning one by actually playing in the NBA Finals.

If Cousins does receive a ring, that would make four former Wildcats who did so, as he’d join Davis, Rajon Rondo, and Lakers head coach Frank Vogel.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:19 pm

The Celtics have multiple Vet minimum salaries to give out if they want to. I do not see Cousins coming to Boston and anything above a vet min deal seems unlikely. I would think that his injury history would deter Danny from signing him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Here's another one of my crazy ideas:

Evan Turner.

He's an UFA.  Sure, he made $18M last year, but everybody knows that was crazy money.  Even he knew it.  Would he come back for the MLE?  Maybe.  He liked it here, LOVED Brad (and especially Brad's son. Turner's a kid at heart), and he isn't loved many other places mostly because of expectations.  He is not a locker room cancer.

IF Danny trades Gordon I wouldn't be averse to bringing back some of the old gang, ET and IT.  ET could be the bench floor general that we'll be needing if Gordon is gone (and especially if Wanny is gone too!) while IT lights the lamps.  When they were here the first time ET came off the bench as one of Danny's reclamation projects, and he came off the bench in Portland.  In fact, he hasn't been a starter since he was drafted #2 by Philly.  IT, I think, would accept any role.  He knows his career in the NBA is over if he cannot prove he's healthy and the only way for him to prove that is to get signed by a club and played.  Brad will play him.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Turner has never been a great shooter though. maybe not even a good one.

I've always wanted Hayward leading the bench, then I can stop hearing about how we have no scorers on our bench....LOL.

Tatum, Brown, Kemba still gives the team 3 guys who can put up 20 a game as starters with Smart and Theis doing the dirty work.

Just bring Hayward off the bench and maybe add a knock down shooter with the MLE. that would be than enough scoring from our bench then.

still need to trade up to get another big man if that would happen though.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:15 pm

kdp59 wrote:Turner has never been a great shooter though. maybe not even a good one.

I've always wanted Hayward leading the bench, then I can stop hearing about how we have no scorers on our bench....LOL.

Tatum, Brown, Kemba still gives the team 3 guys who can put up 20 a game  as starters with Smart and Theis doing the dirty work.

Just bring Hayward off the  bench and maybe add a knock down shooter with the MLE. that would be than enough scoring from our bench then.

still need to trade up to get another big man if that  would happen though.

kdp,

"still need to trade up to get another big man if that  would happen though."

How?  #14 won't cut it.  SOMEBODY'S gotta go with it.  I doubt anybody will take 14 + our backbenchers to move up to where we have a shot at Okongwu, which means someone 10 and up. Grant Williams? I think Danny would go for that but who else would? You have to offer them something they want or need.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:13 pm

DeMarcus Cousins
@boogiecousins

Bob

I’m with you on this Bob. He’s worth more than a shot. Hope Danny boy is thinking same.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:26 pm

bobheckler wrote:
kdp59 wrote:Turner has never been a great shooter though. maybe not even a good one.

Tatum, Brown, Kemba still gives the team 3 guys who can put up 20 a game  as starters with Smart and Theis doing the dirty work.

Just bring Hayward off the  bench and maybe add a knock down shooter with the MLE. that would be than enough scoring from our bench then.

kdp,

"still need to trade up to get another big man if that  would happen though."

How?  #14 won't cut it.  SOMEBODY'S gotta go with it.  I doubt anybody will take 14 + our backbenchers to move up to where we have a shot at Okongwu, which means someone 10 and up.  Grant Williams?  I think Danny would go for that but who else would?  You have to offer them something they want or need.

Bob

haha...that why Danny gets the big bucks and we sit around and talk sheet on message boards!!

Cool
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:07 pm

I'm on the Cousins train . If he can ever stay healthy, he won't be intimidated by the JEs of the world. I think his reputation as a hothead is both exagerrated , and ancient history. I can't think of a thing Evan Turner would give us that we don't have already.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:09 pm

My wife calls him Evan Turnover. he is a scorer but he ain't no shooter. I'll pass.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I'm on the Cousins train . If he can ever stay healthy, he won't be intimidated by the JEs of the world. I think his reputation as a hothead is both exagerrated , and ancient history. I can't think of a thing Evan Turner would give us that we don't  have already.

Foot

That train may have already gone off the tracks. Speaking of which last Sunday a train no far from my residence derailed. friends and family were calling asking if we were okay. I'm like "what happened" it was all over the news. I slept through it.

LILBURN, Ga. — Officials said a CSX train derailed in Gwinnett County early Sunday morning during heavy rain and storms produced by Hurricane Delta. Firefighters said 38 rail cars went off the tracks on Main Street in Lilburn just before 2 a.m.. The crash sparked a fire involving potentially hazardous materials.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:08 pm

bobheckler wrote:Here's another one of my crazy ideas:

Evan Turner.

He's an UFA.  Sure, he made $18M last year, but everybody knows that was crazy money.  Even he knew it.  Would he come back for the MLE?  Maybe.  He liked it here, LOVED Brad (and especially Brad's son.  Turner's a kid at heart), and he isn't loved many other places mostly because of expectations.  He is not a locker room cancer.

IF Danny trades Gordon I wouldn't be averse to bringing back some of the old gang, ET and IT.  ET could be the bench floor general that we'll be needing if Gordon is gone (and especially if Wanny is gone too!) while IT lights the lamps.  When they were here the first time ET came off the bench as one of Danny's reclamation projects, and he came off the bench in Portland.  In fact, he hasn't been a starter since he was drafted #2 by Philly.  IT, I think, would accept any role.  He knows his career in the NBA is over if he cannot prove he's healthy and the only way for him to prove that is to get signed by a club and played.  Brad will play him.

Bob

There’s a good chance Turner won’t make an nba roster next year.
His game seems like he was playing out a long term contract.
I wouldn’t take up a roster spot for him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:53 am

dboss wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:I'm on the Cousins train . If he can ever stay healthy, he won't be intimidated by the JEs of the world. I think his reputation as a hothead is both exagerrated , and ancient history. I can't think of a thing Evan Turner would give us that we don't  have already.

Foot

That train may have already gone off the tracks.  Speaking of which last Sunday a train no far from my residence derailed.  friends and family were calling asking if we were okay.  I'm like  "what happened"  it was all over the news.  I slept through it.  

LILBURN, Ga. — Officials said a CSX train derailed in Gwinnett County early Sunday morning during heavy rain and storms produced by Hurricane Delta. Firefighters said 38 rail cars went off the tracks on Main Street in Lilburn just before 2 a.m.. The crash sparked a fire involving potentially hazardous materials.
                                                                     glad you're o.k. No chemical spill?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next