dbrown4
Vankisa
dboss
bobheckler
kdp59
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

does Ainge need to make a trade now? - Page 2 Empty Re: does Ainge need to make a trade now?

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
3 hours ago
Asked on @Toucherandrich what Boston’s biggest need is with the trade exception, Danny Ainge picks “shooting with size.” Says team is looking for a complete player who can help defensive focus, too. Called traded deadline the sweet spot for likely using TPE.

Bob
MY NOTE: Sounds like Harrison Barnes, to me. Neither Vucevic nor Gordon of Orlando fit both "shooting with size" and "help with defensive focus". Vuc is shooting with size and Gordon is defensive focus.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

does Ainge need to make a trade now? - Page 2 Empty Re: does Ainge need to make a trade now?

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:35 pm

bobheckler wrote:Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
3 hours ago
Asked on @Toucherandrich what Boston’s biggest need is with the trade exception, Danny Ainge picks “shooting with size.” Says team is looking for a complete player who can help defensive focus, too. Called traded deadline the sweet spot for likely using TPE.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Sounds like Harrison Barnes, to me.  Neither Vucevic nor Gordon of Orlando fit both "shooting with size" and "help with defensive focus".  Vuc is shooting with size and Gordon is defensive focus.

Wouldn't be the worst add in the world. Would be an upgrade over using Thompson and Theis together on the first unit. That one most likely sends Theis to the second unit to strengthen the bench, unless he's dealt out. If there's ever any real interest from Kings in moving Barnes, I wonder what we would have to part with?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:54 pm

bobheckler wrote:Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
3 hours ago

Bob
MY NOTE:  Sounds like Harrison Barnes, to me.  Neither Vucevic nor Gordon of Orlando fit both "shooting with size" and "help with defensive focus".  Vuc is shooting with size and Gordon is defensive focus.

That's exactly what I thought. Didn't realize Barnes was 6'8"....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:10 pm

I like Barnes for us- a lot! I would hope we'd be able to keep Theis around though.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Ktron wrote:I like Barnes for us- a lot! I would hope we'd be able to keep Theis around though.

ktron,

The only way I see Theis leaving before the end of this season is if we have a big coming in as replacement. I am pretty sure neither Danny nor Brad want to head into the playoffs with our bigs being Thompson, RWill and Tacko. I don't know who we'd waive/trade to make room for Barnes but I can't see it being a big.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Ktron wrote:I like Barnes for us- a lot! I would hope we'd be able to keep Theis around though.

ktron,

The only way I see Theis leaving before the end of this season is if we have a big coming in as replacement.  I am pretty sure neither Danny nor Brad want to head into the playoffs with our bigs being Thompson, RWill and Tacko.  I don't know who we'd waive/trade to make room for Barnes but I can't see it being a big.

Bob

You’re probably right. I don’t think they’ve gone totally Koo Koo yet

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Read Celtics Blog from today, just published. If you think he is not looking you are wrong.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:36 am

If Danny is a great GM, and we know he is, he's ALWAYS looking! That interview about him as a GM relative to other GM's highlighted that for sure!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:50 am

Mostly the same players being list as available that have been on here before.

A couple of questions: l. If Harrison Barnes is so good why is he being traded all the time???
2. Same thing goes for Thaddeus Young, who I have liked since his days with Philly. But, he keeps getting traded. 3. No mention here the guy in San Antonio, thank God. He is 35 years old, that is a waste of time. To me it seems alot of these guys are overpaid and teams trade them to unload their inflated contracts. Is this what will happen here, a one and done player?

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:34 pm

this is Barnes 9th season and he has been traded once. He started at GS then signed as a FA with Dallas and they traded him to the kings.

he also has a $22M salary this year and the kings are not giving him away for the tPE and draft pick. It'll take a lot more, IMO.

Young has been around alomst as long as Aldridge, who the heck is talking about bringing him here?......I assume the sports talking head in Boston?

I guess we'll see what happens in time (if anything).
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:59 pm

dbrown4 wrote:If Danny is a great GM, and we know he is, he's ALWAYS looking!  That interview about him as a GM relative to other GM's highlighted that for sure!

db

ALL GM’s are looking. Ain’t nothing special about Danny

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:04 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Mostly the same players being list as available that have been on here before.

A couple of questions:  l.  If Harrison Barnes is so good why is he being traded all the time???
2.  Same thing goes for Thaddeus Young, who I have liked since his days with Philly. But, he keeps getting traded. 3.  No mention here the guy in San Antonio, thank God. He is 35 years old, that is a waste of time.  To me it seems alot of these guys are overpaid and teams trade them to unload their inflated contracts.  Is this what will happen here, a one and done player?

Barnes has been traded once. That doesn’t mean he's not good. Sometimes its all about fit. The Dubs were loaded so the could afford to do without Barnes, especially with Durant on their doorstep. He’s a good player. We can always use a good player like him.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:30 pm

Barnes would be a perfect fit.  We could go back to our 3 wing lineup. He is scoring an efficient 17.2 PPG on only 11.5 FGA.  49.8% from the field, 41.3 % from deep and 86.5 % from the line.  Throw in his 6.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists and you are right as rain.  Also, he played on Team USA with 4 of our guys.  I would give up a first and RL and one of our other young guys.  Take your pick (Semi, Grant, Carson, Tremont, Javonte)  The Kings are not close  to contention so they should be willing to part with Barnes.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:36 pm

dboss wrote:Barnes would be a perfect fit.  We could go back to our 3 wing lineup. He is scoring an efficient 17.2 PPG on only 11.5 FGA.  49.8% from the field, 41.3 % from deep and 86.5 % from the line.  Throw in his 6.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists and you are right as rain.  Also, he played on Team USA with 4 of our guys.  I would give up a first and RL and one of our other young guys.  Take your pick (Semi, Grant, Carson, Tremont, Javonte)  The Kings are not close  to contention so they should be willing to part with Barnes.

Me hopes so.Me hopes Danny doesn’t get greedy-agin

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:47 pm

I'm on the Barnes train. I think he would be a damn near perfect add.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:00 pm

Gordon is injured.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:52 pm

I just read where they were listing him as a trade piece to indiana
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:21 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Mostly the same players being list as available that have been on here before.

A couple of questions:  l.  If Harrison Barnes is so good why is he being traded all the time???
2.  Same thing goes for Thaddeus Young, who I have liked since his days with Philly. But, he keeps getting traded. 3.  No mention here the guy in San Antonio, thank God. He is 35 years old, that is a waste of time.  To me it seems alot of these guys are overpaid and teams trade them to unload their inflated contracts.  Is this what will happen here, a one and done player?

Rosalie,

Dubs chose not to sign Barnes to make room for Durant. It was an either/or situation and, clearly, you go for Durant. That became even more apparent when he signed a ridiculous contract with Mark Cuban, so there was no way GSW could do anything and still sign Durant. It's a little like what happened with Danny and Avery Bradley. Danny wanted Gordon but to do that he had to move a piece to get under the salary cap and the only piece we had whose salary worked and that was marketable was AB. Danny didn't want to trade Bradley, he loved Bradley as a player and as a person, but that was the choice: Gordon or Bradley.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:09 am

No need to trade for a gunner off the bench said Carson Edwards last night. Two plus years later he showed in a real game what had me and other fans so excited from his exciting summer league outings. He’s also increasing his trade value. Hope this is his breakout game and not just a one off; young man just turned 22 in March.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 am

I just don't see why the Kings would give away Barnes for some of our junk, to be honest?

the Kings are well below the tax line and don't need to GIVE away any of their "good" players. Barnes is under contract for two more years after this one (at DECLING SALARIES), so they have to urgency to move him now.

I am not as sold as many here on Barnes being the final piece needed. But assuming he IS, then he will cost much more than a future first (likely a late pick) and two end of the benchers to get.

in fact if i were the GM at Sacramento I would be talking getting brown or Tatum back in a multi player deal ( think Barnes and Haliburton for Brown and Nesmith for instance). I doubt many Celtic fans would be down for that one.

Any straight up deal for Barnes would cost at least Smart, IMO.

but time will tell.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:08 am

Exactly. Why trade a cornerstone player under control at all? Only if you get back more value. Now Gordon in Orlando might be available since he hasn’t turned out to be a cornerstone. He’s an upgrade over Semih but is that enough to get past Brooklyn?
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:29 am

kdp59 wrote:I just don't see why the Kings would give away Barnes for some of our junk, to be honest?

the Kings are well below the tax line and don't need to GIVE away any of their "good" players. Barnes is under contract for two more years after this one (at DECLING SALARIES), so they have to urgency to move him now.

I am not as sold as many here on Barnes being the final piece needed. But assuming he IS, then he will cost much more than a future first (likely a late pick) and two end of the benchers to get.

in fact if i were the GM at Sacramento I would be talking getting brown or Tatum back in a multi player deal ( think Barnes and Haliburton for Brown and Nesmith for instance).  I doubt many Celtic fans would be down for that one.

Any straight up deal for Barnes would cost at least Smart, IMO.

but time will tell.

You're on the exact right point IMO.

Plenty of talk about acquiring players and the TPE, but the TPE is nothing by itself. This much never changes; to get value, you must give value. Someone like Barnes will cost players and maybe picks too. The TPE just means the number against the cap can stretch so he can be paid.

Bottom line remains; it will cost us, so it better be a damn good fit coming in.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:00 am

I agree with the sentiment - why would SAC do a trade at all for Barnes? As NYCelt, says the TPE is nothing by itself for other teams.

I was hoping we would get lucky and some good veteran or starter level player will get disgruntled somewhere or some chemistry will explode/implode somewhere, so we can pick up the pieces with our TPO making us able to absorb pretty much deal. Alas, the closest I have seen so far (apart from Harden, no no Smile) was that rumour about Hollins in Atlanta not being happy.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:23 am

TPE = Fool's Gold - or at least beginning to look like it.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:51 am

well..IF Barnes was on an expiring deal, then a possible trade with something like Nesmith and a future first would make more sense for the Kings.

getting something for a player likely to leave and all that.

but Barnes or Gordon are both on mutli-year contracts. That means Ainge will have to pay UP to get them, IMO.

That large TPE is kind of built for an expiring salary to me.

found this link for expiring contract/Free agents next season for reference:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next