NYCelt
dboss
Vankisa
kdp59
Ktron
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Daniel Theis has left the building - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Theis has left the building

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:22 pm

Are you joking about Kelly Olynk?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Daniel Theis has left the building - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Theis has left the building

Post by gyso Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:03 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Are you joking about Kelly Olynk?

I did read it, on that other place you sometimes go.

I don't know how much truth there is to it, we will have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:38 am

I'd replace Kornet or Edwards with Kelly O.

Fixes the PF slot at least some for us.

I personally have seen nothing about Houston releasing Kelly O . though.

Cowens would likely be pissed if that would happen I think.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:53 am

kdp59 wrote:I'd replace Kornet  or Edwards with Kelly O.

Fixes the PF slot at least some for us.

I personally have seen nothing about Houston releasing Kelly O . though.

Cowens would likely be pissed if that would happen I think.

Not comparable salary wise are they? Otherwise I would as well even though I agree that Kelly O is soft Smile

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:10 am

gyso wrote:Theis was nice.

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

Wagner is not a very good rebounder. He is big and strong but does not have a real nose for the ball. It like he is holding something back, I did like him in college

Most of what happened was to stay below the tax line and add some wing depth.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:36 am

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 42 minutes ago
Mo Wagner had his physical in Boston this AM. Fournier having his physical this afternoon while Kornet is driving up to Milwaukee from Chicago today. Wagner could fly in to Milwaukee today while Fournier should be flying to OKC tomorrow to join the team there.

Bob
MY NOTE: Apparently Luke Kornet is NOT going to be waived, or he wouldn't be driving to join our team in Milwaukee.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:29 am

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 21 minutes ago
Danny Ainge on @Toucherandrich on Moe Wagner: "Moe is a young player that hasn't had a lot of opportunities yet. ... What I love about Moe is his energy. ... He's a scrappy, hard-playing guy. We think he has the ability to stretch the floor."

Bob
MY NOTE:  I watched a bunch of film on Mo Wagner yesterday.  He isn't what I expected.  I thought, at 6'11", 250#, he'd be some lead-footed clunker.  He's not.  He's a rim runner.  Decent handles (better than RWill's).  Statistically he's an awful rebounder for his size.  I'll have to watch him play to figure out why that is.  I have been a big fan of Daniel Theis' since I first heard Danny signed him and I watched as much German League film I could find on him.  He has been an underrated and largely underappreciated starting center for a team that was a top 5 defensive team for multiple years.  That's not by accident.  He deserves a good pay day, and I hope Chicago gives him one since it wouldn't/couldn't be us. Auf Wiedersehen und Viel Gluck, Kumpel (credit to Google Translate).

Mo will be drilled, relentlessly, to shoot more from the outside.  Danny just flat-out said that above, he thinks Mo will "stretch the floor".  If it's going to be 'bombs away' for Wagner his rebounding numbers are not going up much, certainly not on the offensive end which is where his energy could work to his advantage since offensive rebounding is mostly about ganas.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:48 am

bobheckler wrote:Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 21 minutes ago
Danny Ainge on @Toucherandrich on Moe Wagner: "Moe is a young player that hasn't had a lot of opportunities yet. ... What I love about Moe is his energy. ... He's a scrappy, hard-playing guy. We think he has the ability to stretch the floor."

Bob
MY NOTE:  I watched a bunch of film on Mo Wagner yesterday.  He isn't what I expected.  I thought, at 6'11", 250#, he'd be some lead-footed clunker.  He's not.  He's a rim runner.  Decent handles (better than RWill's).  Statistically he's an awful rebounder for his size.  I'll have to watch him play to figure out why that is.  I have been a big fan of Daniel Theis' since I first heard Danny signed him and I watched as much German League film I could find on him.  He has been an underrated and largely underappreciated starting center for a team that was a top 5 defensive team for multiple years.  That's not by accident.  He deserves a good pay day, and I hope Chicago gives him one since it wouldn't/couldn't be us.

Mo will be drilled, relentlessly, to shoot more from the outside.  Danny just flat-out said that above, he thinks Mo will "stretch the floor".  If it's going to be 'bombs away' for Wagner his rebounding numbers are not going up much, certainly not on the offensive end which is where his energy could work to his advantage since offensive rebounding is mostly about ganas.

That’s great news bob I trust your eye test, he could be exactly the young vet with a lot to prove that can add an element to a team that I have been pining for Danny to look for. I too saw him on a drive/dunk and was surprised with his athleticism on that particular play....he can’t be a worse rebounder than our reserve 4’s, he’s 6’11”-7’0” with better coaching I’m thinking he can be an adequate rebounder.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:18 am

dboss wrote:

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

Wagner is not a very good rebounder.  He is big and strong but does not have a real nose for the ball.  It like he is holding something back,  I did like him in college

You totally missed the point of my post. I was looking for something short that rhymes, not a critique of his game.

You know: Theis is nice. Vogner is . . . or Mo is slow? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:10 pm

bobheckler wrote:Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 42 minutes ago
Mo Wagner had his physical in Boston this AM. Fournier having his physical this afternoon while Kornet is driving up to Milwaukee from Chicago today. Wagner could fly in to Milwaukee today while Fournier should be flying to OKC tomorrow to join the team there.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Apparently Luke Kornet is NOT going to be waived, or he wouldn't be driving to join our team in Milwaukee.

I don't think he, or anyone else, will be waived until we see who Danny Ainge can get on the buy out list.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:20 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

Wagner is not a very good rebounder.  He is big and strong but does not have a real nose for the ball.  It like he is holding something back,  I did like him in college

You totally missed the point of my post.  I was looking for something short that rhymes, not a critique of his game.

You know:  Theis is nice.  Vogner is . . .  or Mo is slow?  LOL

Mo n' Go. The Big Mo (credit to Bush 41). Vog the Impaler (going a little crazy here). If he makes clutch shots he could be Mo Money. If he becomes a fan favorite then he could be Mo Town. If his BBIQ is poor he'd be MOron. It would be easy if he was also a blogger.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Bob,

I like Mo n' Go, especially if he can do it successfully 2 or 3 (or Mo) times a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:37 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

You totally missed the point of my post.  I was looking for something short that rhymes, not a critique of his game.

The German army was practicing drills marching up and down. It  was a rhythmic cadence, left, right, left right, left right while shouting tick talk, tick talk, tick talk.  But one soldier just keep saying tick, tick, tick.  The German commander says to him.  "I VANT you to know that we have ways to make you talk"
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:41 pm

Since I am in the  Washington Demo here, I have seen him play a few times the past couple years on the tube (TV).

He's willing to mix it up a bit and seems to have a bit of a nasty streak (should become buds with Smart I think). Skill set is probably best suited for Euro ball to be frank though.

he can bring energy off the bench and if he improves his outside shot here, Ainge might sign to him for a second NBA contract (on his rookie deal now , so I would guess a RFA next season).

can't ask for much more for a guy making around $2M.

I know people will try to compare him to Theis, bur frankly that's unfair to the young man, IMO.

Theis is gone because Ainge got Fournier and simply couldn't resign both next year. Fournier is a better player than Theis and thats the reasoning I think came into play.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Wagner has Mo-tential.

His best game ever last season was 30 points and 15 rebounds.

I liked him in college and during the run up to the draft I wrote a post about him becoming a stretch 5.

Anyways he is only 23 years old and sometimes players just need to be on the right team. He is a low volume shooter from deep (1.7 attempts per game this year) So it is really hard to judge his reliability. I think he will be better than we may think. Anyways we will root for his success because this team needs all the help it can muster.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:31 pm

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

The German army was practicing drills marching up and down. It  was a rhythmic cadence, left, right, left right, left right while shouting tick talk, tick talk, tick talk.  But one soldier just keep saying tick, tick, tick.  The German commander says to him.  "I VANT you to know that we have ways to make you talk"

I tell the same joke, except with a broken German clock. It only goes tick, tick, tick. The clock repairman comes in and says, "Vee have vays of making you tock!" I think I heard it on Hogan's Heroes.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:10 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

I’m still working on it..........I did get your point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Is there any way that Danny can be bought out like...today?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:33 pm

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

Mo n' Go.  The Big Mo (credit to Bush 41).  Vog the Impaler (going a little crazy here).  If he makes clutch shots he could be Mo Money.  If he becomes a fan favorite then he could be Mo Town.  If his BBIQ is poor he'd be MOron.  It would be easy if he was also a blogger.  

Bob

Let’s not put too much pressure on our new stiff errr i mean kid. After all he has a lot to Mo to live up to. There’s Mo Cheeks, Mo Williams......

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:42 pm

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 31 minutes ago
Brad Stevens was caught "completely off guard" by the Theis trade coming minutes after the deadline yesterday. Full conversation coming shortly @985TheSportsHub

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 pm

You know, if you watch the Danny Ainge interview where he begins by thanking Theis, Green, and Teague, then he goes on to say why he had to make the move, it was interesting because at the end he said “you know, the NBS is funny, you never know” or something to that affect. It was almost like saying, if he could, at some point, it would sign Theis again. Try listening to the 98.5 interview. Maybe I was just hearing what I want, but he was sad to let Theis go. It may have been the interview of pregame with Abby, Scal and Perk
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:05 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:You know, if you watch the Danny Ainge interview where he begins by thanking Theis, Green, and Teague, then he goes on to say why he had to make the move, it was interesting because at the end he said “you know, the NBS is funny, you never know” or something to that affect. It was almost like saying, if he could, at some point, it would sign Theis again. Try listening to the 98.5 interview. Maybe I was just hearing what I want, but he was sad to let Theis go.  It may have been the interview of pregame with Abby, Scal and Perk

Rosalie,

Do you know how I can listen to 98.5 online?  I'm going to go search around a bit, I hope there's a way.

Found it?

https://985thesportshub.com/

Was it Toucher and Rich?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:15 am

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:

Wagner (Vagner) is . . .

I got nothing.

Mo n' Go.  The Big Mo (credit to Bush 41).  Vog the Impaler (going a little crazy here).  If he makes clutch shots he could be Mo Money.  If he becomes a fan favorite then he could be Mo Town.  If his BBIQ is poor he'd be MOron.  It would be easy if he was also a blogger.  

Bob

They called him.Mo Swag in Washington

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 am

you know Gyso, it might have been pregame interview with Abby and Scal and Perk that I was referring to
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:35 am

So...they give this guy a uniform and he plays, and then they may cut him if the Drummond thing goes thru??? I am assuming we do have to cut someone, am I wrong there? I just wonder, how many guys are we going to have at the 5? Aren't Thompson and Drummond redundant
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next