Pre-Game Bulls

5 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Bulls Empty Pre-Game Bulls

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:33 am

I will keep this intro short (I know, haha!) but suffice to say we as Celtic fans have reached the must see TV stage of the season.  We are in a dog fight with ATL, NYK and MIA insomuch as the last of these 4 teams to blink will lock up 4th place in the East with at least a chance to move on to the next round.  Anything less than a 4th place finish for any of these teams and the first round will be all you see.

The Celtics have moved up and out of the cellar with their 6 game win streak and that is great and we deserved to pat ourselves on the back for that, but alas, it is not enough.  And since there are three other teams around us all with the same 4th place aspirations, getting those three to lose in concert while we are the only team winning is going to be a tough ask.  But that's our lot right now.  

And after tonight, I may have yet another bold prediction which I hinted at that no one has picked up on yet but let's let things play out on the courts this evening.  You may see it but like myself am afraid to put it to paper for fear of a jinx!

Anyone have a Fournier sighting report to add?  I say, come on, man!!  Although I have to admit, I'd like another Jabari sighting myself!!  After 11 points off the bench from a dead run, I'm intrigued for sure!!

Go Celtics!!  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Bulls Empty Re: Pre-Game Bulls

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:19 am

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
yesterday
Before the All-Star break, Boston's 4th quarter net rating was -5.7, 3rd worst in the league. In April, Boston's 4th quarter net rating in +17.6, 3rd best in the league
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 am

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
yesterday
Celtics release Injury Report vs. Chicago (4/19): Jaylen Brown - Illness (Non-Covid) - QUESTIONABLE Evan Fournier - Health & Safety Protocols - OUT Jayson Tatum - Left Ankle Impingement - PROBABLE Robert Williams - Left Knee Soreness - OUT
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 am

Damn. That's a lot of players out, and this is not Bill Belichick filing his type of injury report where half the team is questionable.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:38 am

Thought RWill was around the corner?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:59 am

That sets up another unnecessarily close one at just the wrong time...We might be the first to blink of the Big 4 (Us, ATL, MIA and NYK) fighting for #4 in the East. Dang it!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:58 pm

The Bulls come in on a winning note after beating that other high end team, the Cavs.  Prior to that the Bulls had lost 5 straight.

Their record is 23-33.  Their top gun and assist leader Zach Levine is out with Covid.  

Daniel Theis has now play 11 game for them including 3 starts.  He seems to be settling into a backup role (22.8 MPG) to their top center, Vucevic.  Theis is averaging 9.5 PPG and 4.6 rebounds.  He should have an extra incentive to play well tonight and I hope the refs give him the usual treatment  Very Happy

Let's assume the 10th place Bulls have a reason to show up as they are in a dog fight to have the higher winning percentage at # 10.  The Raptors and Wizards are also in the mix to secure at least a play in seed.  The Raptors are actually slightly ahead of the Bulls in winning percentage.

As usual we will be missing a few guys tonight so Boston has to do what they have been doing.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:18 pm

dboss,

We're starting to get pretty good at it lately!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down