Pre-Game Bulls

4 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Bulls Empty Pre-Game Bulls

Post by dbrown4 Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 am

Remember the days when playing the Bulls struck fear into you?  Well, different team and different circumstances but for this group of Celtics, we still don't know who's going to show up tonight.  

This should be an easy victory.  CHI is out of the play in.  So do they have nothing to lose while we have everything to lose and take us out?  Or do we show up like we did in the last game vs. ORL?  Only time will tell.

The great news from last night is we had a perfect storm happen while we were idle.  ATL lost to IND.  Now our loss columns sync up temporarily.  BKN seems to have caught that Missing Musical Chair disease the Bucks had a couple of weeks ago.  And the Lake Show came up short as well, teetering them on the edge of play-in hell, just as we are.  

So, how will we respond to such generosity and gold laid at our feet?!  Reach in your pocket.  

A lot has been said about our chances in the playoffs and what (more like who) has to happen for us to make some noise, and by noise I mean make it back to the conference finals.  Anything less and this season is a serious retreat and heads (and jobs) will roll.  It will really be determined by the missing link for most of this season.  Of course there is Playoff Rondo.  That's a great tribute to a very special, vanishing breed type of NBA player who passes first then scores.  Hopefully by the end of the playoffs we will have Playoff Kemba!!!  Lord I hope he's ready.  He's had all the time off he needs, some would say far more than he needs.  If he shows up in the playoffs and lays an egg, he's probably gone.  If we come this far this year and wind up in the play-in games only to be swept by PHI or BKN then we have earned and deserve what we are going to get.

But tonight is another night to fight.  Let's see what Celtic Pride is all about because it will be clearly on display for all to see, right here, right now!

Go Celtics!!!

db

Last edited by dbrown4 on Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Bulls Empty Re: Pre-Game Bulls

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 am

Why do you assume the Bulls will lay down for us? They have Vucevic and Theis and their best player Zack Levine is back. We don’t have Jaylen, hope your right, but this looks like a very competitive game to me that we need. Only good thing is Jaylen gets more rest to recover fully, I’m all for that and Frenchy and Nesmith get more time to further get their games together with our starters or bench.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 07, 2021 9:27 am

Really looking forward to seeing Nesmith play, since his breakout 15 point game on 4/28, he’s 9-14 from 3.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 07, 2021 9:43 am

Oh sh.t

Just read Robert Williams is questionable with turf toe.
Already, really? I’m having doubts about him being healthy for or being able to compete in the physical grind of the playoffs or him being our center of the future going forward for obvious reasons....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 am

I'm not assuming that at all. Just providing the range of possibilities. The Celtics certainly provide a range every time we have taken the court this year.

I would love it if CHI would lay down. That just hasn't been our luck this season.

I expect this game to be very competitive as well. Hence the Celtic Pride is on the line.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 am

Only solution is playing him once a week for 15 minutes each game....great

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 07, 2021 9:49 am

dbrown4 wrote:I'm not assuming that at all.  Just providing the range of possibilities.  The Celtics certainly provide a range every time we have taken the court this year.

I would love it if CHI would lay down.  That just hasn't been our luck this season.  

I expect this game to be very competitive as well.  Hence the Celtic Pride is on the line.    

db

I’m only going by how you worded it saying ‘this should be an easy victory’

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 am

True. I see what you're getting at. We've said all along with our talent, this should be an easy victory. I don't see PHI, BKN or the Bucks struggling against mediocre and crappy talented teams. We do and then we don't. We have a long way to go if we are going to make a splash in the playoffs.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri May 07, 2021 2:01 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Remember the days when playing the Bulls struck fear into you?  Well, different team and different circumstances but for this group of Celtics, we still don't know who's going to show up tonight.  

This should be an easy victory.  CHI is out of the play in.  So do they have nothing to lose while we have everything to lose and take us out?  Or do we show up like we did in the last game vs. ORL?  Only time will tell.

The great news from last night is we had a perfect storm happen while we were idle.  ATL lost to IND.  Now our loss columns sync up temporarily.  BKN seems to have caught that Missing Musical Chair disease the Bucks had a couple of weeks ago.  And the Lake Show came up short as well, teetering them on the edge of play-in hell, just as we are.  

So, how will we respond to such generosity and gold laid at our feet?!  Reach in your pocket.  

A lot has been said about our chances in the playoffs and what (more like who) has to happen for us to make some noise, and by noise I mean make it back to the conference finals.  Anything less and this season is a serious retreat and heads (and jobs) will roll.  It will really be determined by the missing link for most of this season.  Of course there is Playoff Rondo.  That's a great tribute to a very special, vanishing breed type of NBA player who passes first then scores.  Hopefully by the end of the playoffs we will have Playoff Kemba!!!  Lord I hope he's ready.  He's had all the time off he needs, some would say far more than he needs.  If he shows up in the playoffs and lays an egg, he's probably gone.  If we come this far this year and wind up in the play-in games only to be swept by PHI or BKN then we have earned and deserve what we are going to get.

But tonight is another night to fight.  Let's see what Celtic Pride is all about because it will be clearly on display for all to see, right here, right now!

Go Celtics!!!

db
Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t believe that Chicago is officially out of the running for a play-in spot. Either way, they, the players have plenty to play for so I trust there will be no laying down in chi-town this evening. We just need to come to play and if we do that, we will win because we are better than the Bulls.
As for “Playoff Kemba”, based on passed performances that is something we don’t want to wish for. Let’s instead wish for, “Kemba come lately” since he has been balling as of late.
So, lets hope for health and prosperity for our C’s and lots of turmoil and a slow recovery in Brooklyn and in LA on that team that rhymes with Fakers.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri May 07, 2021 6:45 pm

Marc D'Amico @celtics
about 14 minutes ago
#NEBHInjuryReport Update vs. Chicago (5/7): Romeo Langford - AVAILABLE Tristan Thompson - AVAILABLE Robert Williams (left foot turf toe) - OUT

Bob
MY NOTE: No RWill = more Kornet. They have Vuc and Theis. Thompson will probably be able to handle Vuc, but Kornet on Theis? Ugh.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 07, 2021 7:11 pm

bobheckler wrote:Marc D'Amico @celtics
about 14 minutes ago
#NEBHInjuryReport Update vs. Chicago (5/7): Romeo Langford - AVAILABLE Tristan Thompson - AVAILABLE Robert Williams (left foot turf toe) - OUT

Bob
MY NOTE:  No RWill = more Kornet.  They have Vuc and Theis.  Thompson will probably be able to handle Vuc, but Kornet on Theis?  Ugh.

Tatum will match up with Theis

Anyone fed up with RWill?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 07, 2021 7:11 pm

Any good bigs in the draft?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content