swish
NYCelt
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POST GAME BULLS Empty POST GAME BULLS

Post by 112288 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:50 pm

CHICAGO 97 BOSTON 81

Hats off to Tommy T. the best defensive genius in NBA Basketball. Wish we still had him. The Bulls are now the team in the East. His game plan made the Celtics look like a bunch of drunks on the losing end of a fight where they were being slapped around. Pathetic!

Krstic.......Useless......He cannot stop spit..........guys go through the paint and him like sand running through one's fingers!
Unless Shaq comes back and plays 20 minutes every game, we're going to get killed by playing this guy, he's soft like a marshmallow!!!!!

Rondo.........Useless....Go check the record....every time he is matched up with an elite point guard he gets his Axx kicked and Rose did a number on him tonight! Rondo's head is not in the game......he's even become sloppy where he's changed his free throw shooting motion. He was great last year but this season slowly but surely his motion has changed to where he cannot hit a barn.

Tommy T. must have been salivating seeing the Celtics continue to shoot from outside the paint. Go check the stats, the Celtics gave up on the paint in the second half! NO ENERGY....NO DESIRE!!!

Hey I love the Celtics and I die each time they loose but you also have to be a realist and see that the team chemistry has changed on the Celtics for the worst! Danny should just overhaul the team this summer and be done with it and move on. He started it with Perk so why continue the agony any long and suck us in for another season of wishful thinking.

GAME STATS

CELTICS

FGM-A 28-73 38.4%
3PM-A 2-10 20.0%
FTM-A 23-26 88.5%
OREB 8
DREB 27
REB 35
AST 14
STL 3
BLK 3
TO 11
PF 12
PTS 81

CHICAGO

FGM-A 37-78 47.4%
3PM-A 9-22 40.9%
FTM-A 14-14 93.3%
OREB 9
DREB 35
REB 44
AST 21
STL 9
BLK 5
TO 12
PF 21
PTS 97

Back to top Go down

POST GAME BULLS Empty Re: POST GAME BULLS

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:09 am

Wow, what a defensive showcase by Chicago. Not bad on the other end either.

Our shooting was off, but partly because the Bulls harassed our shooters effectively.

No complaints about the officiating at all, they stayed out of the way. We just flat out got outplayed.

I was thinking this was a great display of basketball and Rose is showing his MVP credentials. I just wished it wasn't all happening against us.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:59 am

Krstic.......Useless
Rondo.........Useless

Well you certainly expressed your opinion but I'll bet you a quarter that it won't change the outcome of the game. Perhaps a little over night rest will soften your opinion a bit. Sometimes the other team wins for the simplest of all reasons-- They were better. And why get all bent out of shape when you have zero control of the outcome? Relax. Save any Celtic obituary ,If neccessary, until the end of the season.
swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:49 am

Spoken like a true fan, Swish. There's no question that the Celtics got their heads handed to them last night by a team that's got a really good formula going for them right now. But there's also no reason to deviate from the mantra that Bobc mentioned on the game-on thread last night. Don't get too high when they win or too low when they lost.

One reason I'm actually looking forward to the playoffs is that the Celtics are in need of better rhythm at both ends of the court. And one way to establish good rhythm is to play the same team several games in a row. When the opponent's style is familiar, and the level of competition is predictably moderate, your team can focus more on fine-tuning its game. Precisely what the doctor ordered for the Celtics.

That is not to say the Celtics will magically transform into champions overnight. But the Celtics, as much as any team in the league (and arguably more so) need precision going for them. Hopefully, an improvement in that precision plus the adrenalin that automatically comes with the playoffs, will point them more consistently in a direction that's consistent with being a strong contender.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:10 am

What a horrible effort by the Celtics. Not one guy played well. No fire or desire.

I thought this was an important game for them. Instead we witnesses a disturbing breakdown at both ends off the court. The Bulls pretty much did anything they wanted to. The Celtics played the role of spectators all night long.
Mere punching bags for a team that looks ready for the playoffs.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:16 am

Sam

Now that I read your post I feel a lot better. Thanks for the pill.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:07 am

To: 112288-Don't let Danny overhaul a set of bib overhauls-Get someone to do the job that KNOWS what they're doing. He thought with his hind parts when he got rid of Perk. Rose made Rondo his BEATCH. Too bad 'cause Rondo I'm sure has more character. Rose and Calapari fudged Rose's SAT scores. Memphis was the only one that suffered. Maybe Rose (Derrick) is related to another Rose (Jalen) Oh well ECF Champs:Chicago Bulls-Got to admit-they take what they want. MD.

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:40 am

Is this the time to shut everyone of major import down so there aren't any more surprise injuries before the playoffs? 3rd place will be our final resting place. Might as well own it for health reasons. 2nd of B2B tonight and also Monday sanwiched by MIA who will be licking their chops after last night. For all I say against momentum going into the playoffs, it would be nice to win half of these remaining games just for morale sake. But at what cost? Just don't see the need for it to risk anymore health at this point. I'm going to bet BOS shuts it down very soon.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:04 am

Here's the best observation from last night that I've seen/heard from ESPN:

Rondo said, "This better be a wakeup call. If not, we won't make it far."

There you have it.

Player playoff inexperience will be the downfall of CHI. They aren't going to go 16-2 in the playoffs the way they are ending the season. The grind of winning one game and losing the next will blow a microchip for DRose because he will fail to translate the regular season to post-season sans this CHI team ever winning a playoff series. There is no way for Rose to know any difference. It will be a very painful lesson DRose will learn in a couple of weeks. But will make them better in subsequent years to hold off MIA in the playoffs.

We'll come off last night's game just fine. We'll forget it and move on. So we had our ass handed to us for one game. BFD. CHI will take it as an all-time high, that they are now NBA Champs and ride the wave as long as they can. ALL teams hit the brakes. LAL's done it, BOS has done it, SAS has done it...let's see who's left that hasn't hit the brakes...MIA and CHI. How convenient for us! Couldn't happen to two more deserving teams with inflated opinions of their self-worth.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:13 am

Last night means absolutely nothing unless the Celtics want it to. The Bulls are young, they are surging, Rose is playing great ball etc etc – blah blah blah. Listen to all the clowns on talk radio and read all the articles of people who claim to know about basketball this morning. Who Cares?

In a 7 game series, the Celtics are the better team. In a series where coaches get to analyze tendencies and devise game plans, Doc is a better coach.

Celtics do look old at times, and they some complimentary players that disappear at inopportune moment, but in the playoffs if they have Shaq and JON ready to go, with the day off between games – they can beat any team in the NBA – including the Bulls.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 am

Ouch. We sucked and they played great. None of our main guys got going and 3 of theirs did. They jus t took us out behind the barn and owned us. Nothing to do but move on and try to get the next game. I still think we got a good shot against them in a 7 game series but man they are really good. We'll just have to hope that some of their young guys pucker up a bit.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:53 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:To: 112288-Don't let Danny overhaul a set of bib overhauls-Get someone to do the job that KNOWS what they're doing. He thought with his hind parts when he got rid of Perk. Rose made Rondo his BEATCH. Too bad 'cause Rondo I'm sure has more character. Rose and Calapari fudged Rose's SAT scores. Memphis was the only one that suffered. Maybe Rose (Derrick) is related to another Rose (Jalen) Oh well ECF Champs:Chicago Bulls-Got to admit-they take what they want. MD.
MDCelticsfan
Fantastic summation of Danny's skills as a General manager. I'll bet that if the Celts had been led by a knowledgeable General Manager over the past 4 years, we would have had the priviledge of watching a Celtic team win a nba championship, and maybe with a little luck, be even good enough to go down fighting in the 7th game of another championship final. Dam the ownership that gave us Danny!

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Folks,

Yes, it's a new day, the sun did come up this morning, birds are chirping, and the grass is beginning to grow...........and I'm actually wearing my "LIFE IS GOOD" SWEAT SHIRT!!!!!!

But life is not so good with the Celtics. I am not the only one....all of you should have listened on your computers to the live feed on WEEI 850"s web site to the post game report. Announces and fans alike recognize that there is a major problem here and it started with the Perkins trade.

So I am hearing from many of you loyal fans the following: The Bull's are young, excuse me but the last time I looked Rondo was 24, Krystic 26, Big Baby is 25, Green 24, West 26.....................Uh not exactly a geriatrics crowd playing shuffle board!

In fact the only players playing well are the over 30 crowd. KG again got into Noah's and Boozers head and shot pretty well last night. JON looked good as well but it did not show in the box score, and West played a nice game for the minutes he saw. Ray Ray is not getting the looks and is a bit off. Could be the screens and picks we are setting by our big's, could be tired legs...but I don't worry about Ray...he'll show up at game time. Pierce just plan played stupid at times with his 3 point heaves with no one from his team back on offense.

Celtics have no rhythm..........where are we now about post game 30 after the trade and we are still looking for rhythm with 4 games to go?........Better burn the midnight oil and keep studying the play book because your basketball final is next week! You just don't cram and expect to see results....something Danny should have known!

Chicago has no playoff experience.........the team has a lot of playoff experience with lot's of veterans........what, Rose has no experience?...he took us to 7 games and almost won 2 years ago....Boozer has no experience....he's a veteran and played for Jerry Sloan and the Jazz......what they were never in the playoffs? Everyone forgets one think.......You have Tommy T. as coach and knows how to handle players during playoff crunch time!!!!!!!!!!

This game means nothing.................This game meant everything........it helped Chicago by giving them confidence that they can kick our can and more confidence in Tommy T.'s game strategy. It takes what little swagger way from us and makes Chicago that much more confident that they can beat us!!!!

Krytic useless..........I'll say it again.........he's useless!!!!!!!!! Cannot stop spit in the paint, not physical or physical presence in the paint. The only, only positive he had over Perk is he has an outside shot.

Rondo useless.........I'll say it again.........he's useless now!!!!!!!! He has lost his game since the trade and his mind is just not there. In games throughout his career defensively against elite point guards, he's been lost more times then he has won. On offense, Rondo has one thing going for him...speed......he cannot shoot consistently from 12 feet, cannot hit free throws and so teams double -up on Paul and Ray and give Rondo that shot which more times then not ...misses. That is why Ray and Paul are not as open as much. West would be a better choice...he gives you great defense, speed, and the guy can shoot! Can Rondo find his old game again....I hope so!

You can put good or great players together and on paper it may look good. You know great athletism, youth, bench depth, what ever superlatives you want to put down and the team does not click....................why............TEAM CHEMESTRY!!!!!!!!! Nat, was short, Nat was a streaky shooter...but he added energy and speed. Perk........Perk was there to allow KG to do his job because he knew he had his back protected.....now KG has to do 2 jobs...his and Krystic.

Well we can all hope for the best ............put prepare for the worst as our season ends and the playoffs start. I am hoping for a miracle but also have beach chair in hand for Danny's flogging in the Commons come May!

Last edited by 112288 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Helluva game. Didn't turn out the way we wanted, but a helluva game.

44 points in the paint by Chicago, with the damage being inflicted by Mssrs. Rose and Boozer. It's hard to win when your opponent is scoring 45% of their points in the paint. It forces the defense to collapse which frees up their outside shooters like Korver, Bogans and Deng too much. On average, they take 17 3pt fga/game (I'm talking about the players that play, not guys like John Lucas and Scal). Yesterday, they took 22. More 3pt fga + more wide-open 3pt fga = a lot more points.

Credit where credit is due. Tom T's defense was stifling. He forced Pierce to give up the ball way outside and not let him face the basket with some space between him and the defender, the defender was right up on him. He had his guys never leave Ray, forcing Ray off his spot, making him shoot on the move instead of catch-and-shoot. His point guards went UNDER picks set for Rondo every time, taking away the opportunity to drive but surrendering the jump shot. Our motion offense stopped moving because they were doing a great job of gumming it up. A lot of the turnovers we experienced were due to the Bulls defense collapsing and getting a hand/finger/fingernail on the ball. Another bunch of them were due to Paul Pierce's sloppiness. We only had 11 turnovers, but it seemed like more since nothing came easy because their hands and bodies were everywhere.

In the 3rd quarter, we were 6-20. In the 4th quarter, until just 2:50 was left and Doc sent in the scrubs, we shot 4-14. EVERYBODY was missing. You can't win against a quality opponent shooting 10-34 for nearly the entire second half. I don't think anybody's defense is that good.

1. Derrick Rose will be the MVP or I'm watching a different league than those voters. He was breaking Rondo's ankles all night. Did Rondo keep him out of the paint once? Most of his points came from inside the paint and alot of the time he didn't even need a pick to get there. That shouldn't happen, not if you've got a point guard with speed defending him like we do. He has one of the best crossover dribbles I've seen in a long time (Stockton and Nash had good ones too, but they didn't/don't have Rose's explosive next step). What a finisher! Rondo needs to take the video of this game and watch Rose (and his response to him). Not a particularly good game for Rondo. He didn't finish well, he wasn't consistently aggressive. He'd pick up his dribble and wait for someone to break free and when they didn't, due to the active Bulls defense, the shot clock was almost done. He didn't make Rose work on the defensive end which gave Rose all the energy he needed to run wild on the offensive end.

2. We might still have won this game if Paul Pierce's brain made the bus to the arena. 1-5 from 3? STOP SHOOTING 3S!! and take it inside. He had 4 of the Celtics 11 turnovers and at least a couple of them were Pierce just not respecting the pressure Chicago was putting on his passes. He did not play smart basketball last night. He was outplayed on both ends of the court by Luol Deng.

3. Jeff Green looked really good in the first half. He missed a few shots, but he had mismatches and tried to take advantage of them. Then, in the second half, he had to guard Boozer and the sneaker was on the other foot. He only took two fga in the second half (1-2) and got tortured by Boozer. They're the same height, but Boozer has about 30# on him and used it. Doc's right, Green is too nice a guy and Boozer is a Bruiser.

4. When Carlos Boozer is hitting his mid-range shots (and you never see him taking shots outside of his range) he is extremely tough to guard, because once you are forced to come out to him, he'll eat you alive inside. Ambidextrous and powerful, he's a brute inside. He had problems with KG and took his game outside, because of KG's height, but licked his chops against Green and took it right to him inside.

5. Chicago shot 9-22 from 3 for 40%. This was because our defense collapsed due to Rose penetrations and slow rotations back out to challenge their 3pt shooters. Deng was 3-6. He's shootings 3s at a 34% clip this season and usually only takes 4/gm. He was hot yesterday. If you think about it, that's 7 3pt fgm more than us (we were an abysmal 2-10. Pierce 1-5, Ray 0-3). There's 21 points. They took a lot of 3ptrs and hit them, we took very few and missed most of them.

6. I thought Krstic was ok. I thought his defense was ok. There was one sequence where he jumped out at a driver, took the blow in the chest and forced a bad shot. Look, he's not a player who jumps to block shots, like the way KG and Perk are. He's more like Gasol; they stand there, raise their arms to take full advantage of their 7', and hope that screws up your shot. Kurt Thomas played well last night, but in a 7 game series, I'll take Davis and/or Krstic at backup center over him. Thomas is 38 years old. Either one of the two Celtics can run him into a retirement home over 7 games. One area where Thomas has them is in toughness. He's feisty and unyielding, they're not. Maybe we need KG to make Davis and Krstic cry some more to make them angry. Just a crazy idea, but we need to make those two to say 'enough is enough' and bite down hard and fight like hell.

7. Another less than stellar game by Davis. 1-8 from the field, not using his body effectively inside. Just 3 rebounds in 29 minutes is not normal for him. The wheels have come off a bit post-allstar game for Baby.

8. Another frustrating game for Ray Allen. 3-11. Can't say he's not getting enough shots, that's the second most number of fga on the team after Pierce with 13. As I said, Tom T just didn't let him catch-and-shoot and that's where he's deadliest.

9. The Green Swiss Army Knife had a solid game, as usual, perhaps the only Celtic who did. Even so, West had 3 turnovers and only 1 assist. Not a heckuva lot of silver lining in this game for us.

Well, the question about getting the #1 seed in the EC has been answered. Now, we just need to prevent Miami from getting the #2 seed and rest as much as we can. Even if they do, though, I'm not that worried. This team has shown that they like winning on the road in the playoffs. Chicago, though, scares me. We have mismatches (Green on a smaller player, Krstic/Davis on Thomas), but so do they (Boozer on Davis/Green, Rose on everybody).

Chicago has a winning season series against everybody else except for the Celtics, they are now 2-2. That's still something, but we've got to rethink how we play them the next time (assuming we meet in the EC Finals).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Once again, Bob, thanks for some great, honest perspective. I'm not sure we had a game plan going into this one. At least it didn't look like it. We've said it a thousand times, but every team has its Achilles Heel. CHI exposed ours last night. CHI has theirs. I have no idea what they are, but they have them. Doc will figure out what those are in a 7 game series. He knows T2 like the back of his hand. Coaching edge to Doc.

We've learned from the LeBron/CLE era that if you have a superstar on your team with the rest roleplayers, all you have to do is shut him down or let him go for 50 but shut down the rest of the team or a combination of both. We've done that so many times it should make your head spin. We can thank LeBron for all the training. DRose is no different. I'm not worried. Once the grind of the playoffs comes, win one, lose one, not worried. We've handed MVP candidates their playoff exit papers several times before. Not worried.

I hate to say this, but I wish Krstic would clean someone's clock coming down the lane just once to send a message. I almost don't care if he gets ejected from the next game. Just something to show the freeway is no longer open for business. Apply the stupid "no lay-ups in the playoffs rule" a couple of games before the playoffs start.

Rondo's meeting with Doc today per ESPN/Boston Globe will have immediate effects starting tonight. This ass beating may be the best possible thing that could have happened to us. Per Rondo, it is a wake up call. And if we don't wake up, we're going home early. I hope I feel sorry for WW tonight and MIA on Sunday. It may be leading a lamb to slaughter. We'll see what fight we have tonight on the 2nd night of a B2B. Worst possible conditions for us if you believe the headlines.

As we have seen, no matter what team or coach you have, sustaining a high, consisitent, smothering level of defense for the whole game is simply not possible unless you have a 20-man team. If you can run guys in and out like an NHL game and go 100MPH for 2 minutes at a pop, you can pull it off. So you have to pick your spots. CHI went for the kill last night in the third when they saw we were unstable. We hung even for 2 1/2 quarters at which point where we begin to pull away from opponents. CHI just drew first blood. That's going to be a key.

We need to come out swinging tonight. No time to fall back on our laurels because its two games in a row.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:35 pm

It it was to early to think you can come to any conclusin about the fate of the 2011 Celtics. Chicago wanted that game more then Boston did. That game by the Celtics reminded me of the lack of intensity that the Lakers have played with over the last 3 games.
In a week and a half Boston will have home court advantage against Philly or NY, will be a little healthier and will be able to focus on the immediate goal at hand.
Will Boston beat Miami in round 2? Probably.
Will Boston beat Chicago in the ECF? Maybe, but I am not going to pick against them. That should be a long series.
Unfortunately for Boston Krstic has turned back into the player he was and Rondo's game on both sides of the floor has regressed. I really don't like the amount of 1 handed passes he is making. The better he has become in ball handling and he is great at it, the more casual he has become in his passing.
Rose should be the league MVP. Without a significant shot blocker in the middle, Boston has very few ways to stop him from getting to the hoop. He gets to the rim almost any time he wants against almost every team in the league. Can you imagine what Rose would do in a series to Chalmers/Bibby with Dampier/Ilgauskas standing watching Rose go by them?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:46 pm

TJMAKZ

If I was the detective playing the board game CLUE looking at a crime scene.......am I too early to make a conclusion about the Celtics ..........perhaps........however the clues the Celtics are leaving....all point to Danny and not the cook as the perpetrator to the crime of Death of The Celtics!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:55 pm

112288 wrote:So I am hearing from many of you loyal fans the following: The Bull's are young, excuse me but the last time I looked Rondo was 24, Krystic 26, Big Baby is 25, Green 24, West 26.....................Uh not exactly a geriatrics crowd playing shuffle board!

In fact the only players playing well are the over 30 crowd. KG again got into Noah's and Boozers head and shot pretty well last night. JON looked good as well but it did not show in the box score, and West played a nice game for the minutes he saw. Ray Ray is not getting the looks and is a bit off. Could be the screens and picks we are setting by our big's, could be tired legs...but I don't worry about Ray...he'll show up at game time. Pierce just plan played stupid at times with his 3 point heaves with no one from his team back on offense.

Celtics have no rhythm..........where are we now about post game 30 after the trade and we are still looking for rhythm with 4 games to go?........Better burn the midnight oil and keep studying the play book because your basketball final is next week! You just don't cram and expect to see results....something Danny should have known!

Chicago has no playoff experience.........the team has a lot of playoff experience with lot's of veterans........what, Rose has no experience?...he took us to 7 games and almost won 2 years ago....Boozer has no experience....he's a veteran and played for Jerry Sloan and the Jazz......what they were never in the playoffs? Everyone forgets one think.......You have Tommy T. as coach and knows how to handle players during playoff crunch time!!!!!!!!!!

This game means nothing.................This game meant everything........it helped Chicago by giving them confidence that they can kick our can and more confidence in Tommy T.'s game strategy. It takes what little swagger way from us and makes Chicago that much more confident that they can beat us!!!!

Krytic useless..........I'll say it again.........he's useless!!!!!!!!! Cannot stop spit in the paint, not physical or physical presence in the paint. The only, only positive he had over Perk is he has an outside shot.

Rondo useless.........I'll say it again.........he's useless now!!!!!!!! He has lost his game since the trade and his mind is just not there. In games throughout his career defensively against elite point guards, he's been lost more times then he has won. On offense, Rondo has one thing going for him...speed......he cannot shoot consistently from 12 feet, cannot hit free throws and so teams double -up on Paul and Ray and give Rondo that shot which more times then not ...misses. That is why Ray and Paul are not as open as much. West would be a better choice...he gives you great defense, speed, and the guy can shoot! Can Rondo find his old game again....I hope so!

You can put good or great players together and on paper it may look good. You know great athletism, youth, bench depth, what ever superlatives you want to put down and the team does not click....................why............TEAM CHEMESTRY!!!!!!!!! Nat, was short, Nat was a streaky shooter...but he added energy and speed. Perk........Perk was there to allow KG to do his job because he knew he had his back protected.....now KG has to do 2 jobs...his and Krystic.

Well we can all hope for the best ............put prepare for the worst as our season ends and the playoffs start. I am hoping for a miracle but also have beach chair in hand for Danny's flogging in the Commons come May!

Your replies are getting so predictable seriously. Day after a win....YEAH CELTICS. Day after a loss...THE SKY IS FALLING. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Here is where your entire analysis and the Chicken Little act falls flat on its face.

The game in the NBA changes a lot during the playoffs. It tends to slow down. Defense tightens up, and if you add Shaq to the mix – the middle of the court is not as wide open for Rose driving over and over again. More importantly there is always at least one full day’s break between games.

This gives teams an opportunity to adapt and adjust. If a team employs a specific strategy to win one game, it’s less likely to work the next game and likely to be used against them in a third. Because of this, coaching and experience matter in the playoffs. Simply, the best teams might win in the regular season but teams that adjust the best succeed in the postseason.
Of the Bulls four key players, only one, Carlos Boozer, has ever played beyond into the finals. Luol Deng has made it to the second round. Derrick Rose, and Joakim Noah have never been out of the first round. It’s rare for a team without much deep postseason experience to go deep into the playoffs, particularly one that has been newly assembled.

If you think this is a non issue – you are wrong. Sorry, experience matters.

As for Doc vs. Tibs – I really don’t think you want to get into that. Tibs is doing a good job, but Doc is widely considered the best X & O guy in the league – and the best at making adjustments. This is EXACTLY what the playoffs are about.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Mrkleen,

Check my posts, never too high, never too low.....I call it as I see it.......I praise them when I see Good basketball.......and I knock them when I see poor play by players or a lack of team chemistry and energy!

Besides the SAS, they are playing like shxx. If you are of clear mind and are thinking rationally, you cannot be happy the way the Celtics are playing. It all starts with the center position and trickles down to attitude among the players.

KG cannot watch out for the defensive liabilities of Krstic and expect to play his own position well. Nor can we expect good things to happen when we are not thinking out there, have no energy as a team, and we are not moving the ball nor driving the paint.

Talk about not thinking ...... Rondo had NOOOOOOOOO BUSINESS taking the last shot of the first quarter....what the HELL is he thinking! He cannot shoot, so why is he not getting it into someone with a better shooting percentage! He holds the ball, dribbles and takes and misses the last shot with no...and I repeat NO SET PLAY IN MIND TO THE BASKET! I HAVE SEEN THIS ALL YEAR LONG......SO ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME....OR LONG TIME SINCE HE'S LAST DID IT!

MARK THIS DOWN

I say this now......if and this is a big if.........if the Celtics have JON start games and play 5-6 minutes per quarter with Shaq coming in to chip in 4-5 minutes and keep Krstic to a minimum of 2 minutes per quarter the other parts of the Celtics game will kick in AND WE CAN WIN IT!

But if Doc has to use Krstic for more the 2 minutes per quarter, or we go into this stupid set of going small with Baby and Green playing center and power forward..............WE LOSE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Hey Swish. Tell the truth. Was your tongue actually sticking THROUGH your cheek when you made the last post?

I'm not usually a fan of sarcasm because making it work takes real skill. But your post nailed it and also nailed me as I laughed out loud for quite a while.

Thanks for the tonic!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:51 pm

I'm sure Doc has ideas about how to contain Derrick Rose and counter Chicago's defense, but I seriously doubt he was going to reveal them for this game. Take a few lumps, and save the good stuff for when it counts, in the playoffs, rather than give Thibideau all that extra time to pick it apart.

Outside

P.S. Sam, if you're not a fan of sarcasm, I think I'm in a whole lot of trouble.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:06 pm

I would say that is a good observation and I would go along with your premise Outsider. However it was just the scoring by Rose but how he scored....mostly in the paint... with no counter by Doc/Frank........I agree do not show your hand but you have to come up with something to stop the bleeding sometime during the game...no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Outside,

Actually I'm a closet lover of GOOD sarcasm. However, it's becoming a lost art because a lot of people don't understand tipping point that is the essence of sarcasm. One of the main problems with sarcasm occurs if there's not some context or clue that makes people realize it's sarcasm than a serious comment. There has to be some hint or context that lets people know the intent is made with tongue in cheek. Without that hint, the sarcasm falls so flat that it occasioned many vicious battles on BDC.

You always express yourself so well that you have nothing to worry about.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

112288 wrote:I would say that is a good observation and I would go along with your premise Outsider. However it was just the scoring by Rose but how he scored....mostly in the paint... with no counter by Doc/Frank........I agree do not show your hand but you have to come up with something to stop the bleeding sometime during the game...no?
Um... no. It's a regular season game. A lot of fans may have bought into the hype in the pre-game promos that this was number 1 versus number 2! for the ultimate supremacy of the East! Derrick Rose's MVP on the line! Can the Celtics rise to the challenge?!?!? But the Celtics weren't going to overtake the Bulls in the standings, and although I'm sure they wanted to win, an eclipse did not fall over Celtictown with a loss. It was not imperative that they do something, anything, to "stop the bleeding" during the game. For cryin' out loud, they've taken a beating in a playoff game and recovered, so why get all exercised about a regular season game? Just last year, they were 1-1 with the Cavs in the second round and got pummelled 124-95 to go down 1-2, yet won the next three to take the series. So I don't see the monumental importance of one game, no.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 pm

I don't know, tj, come playoff time, DRose won't be dancing around blowing down the lane like he is now. Some Big will make him wish he never picked up a basketball at age 3 come playoff time. He's also prone to picking up streak fouls and even fouled out of at least one game this year that I saw. If someone can get in front of him long enough and confuse him, he will be neutralized in a 7-gamer. Refs are going to tighen up on him come playoff time. We'll see. i wouldn't bet against BOS or LAL this season.

Rondo has been sloppy at times. But a marked improvement over a few weeks/month ago.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next