Comments From The Other Side - vs Cavaliers, Home, 12/22/21

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Cavaliers, Home, 12/22/21 Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Cavaliers, Home, 12/22/21

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:39 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2021/12/comments-from-other-side-cavaliers.html

by FLCeltsFan

Cavs have a shot at this one. While Boston is more fully equipped and at home, them as an opponent just doesn't sound an alarm even given the circumstances.

So Boston just signed 40 year old Joe Johnson and is playing tonight. That is kinda fun right? lol

Not only Joe Johnson, but there's another familiar face on a 10 day contract:   Iso Joe and Chuck Jumpers looking to put a cherry on top. Play them 20+ minutes, Boston!

I hate the Celtics.

if Joe Johnson scores over 20 points I am buying a Joe Johnson Boston Celtics jersey.

I think the Garland/Kormet connection is gonna be pretty special tonight

I already like Luke Kornet more than I ever liked Zydrunas’ slow bum a**…. (MY NOTE:  Give him time.  Luke will wear on you.  Zydrunas Ilgauskas was a 2X All-Star and his #11 has been retired by Cleveland)

We’re gonna get killed on the boards tonight.

Announcing that Love has a sore foot and is questionable might be code for "we're not going to risk him in a game like this"

Love vs Freedom sounds like a great philosophical debate.

Could be a game where you put Fall and Kornet out there together with Mark and really lean into the big lineup concept.

When I first looked at the Celtics roster and saw they had Brodric Thomas on their roster, I was concerned about the Cavs' chances tonight. Now I see he is out with COVID and I now know the Cavs don't have a shot.

Despite the Celtics upgrading at coach they still suck.

Oh lawd they got Iso Joe

It’s game over man, game over Sad

.... This is going to be 48 minutes of very ugly basketball

Cavs by a billion

It’s Tacko Wednesday! Tacko Fall will make his first career NBA start tonight against Boston

Taco sucks.   (MY NOTE:  You've just never had a good taco.  Come out to California and try one.  Oh, you mean the player?  Yeah, he's quite limited)

I would love to be surprised but I rank Tako as one of the 5 worst players in the NBA
Will root for him loudly though!

Imagine tacko goes off tonight

More likely the Celts just play Pop A Taco and run up the score when he is in there. This is going to get ugly.

I feel like only 20 threes on 50% can save us here. Tatum, Brown, Schroder will have a field day without our rim protectors... Or any protectors for that metter lol.

Markkanen on Tatum and Wade on Brown. this will be painful to watch lmao.

Meh. Tatum has lowkey been a** this year. I'm more concerned with Brown

Yeah, he's a** this year, but he's faster, stronger and more athletic than Markkanen. And without Mobley and/or Allen, Tatum will just drive to the basket at will.

Waving the white flag early starting Taco

Seeing Joe Johnson in pregame shoot- around is as surreal as the fever dream last year when Andy laced it back up for the Cavs.  Any chance Cleveland can bring Amar'e aboard?

So ready for the Tacko revenge game

Well guys I'm getting drunk. See you later

What if Tacko becomes Linsanity 2.0 starting tonight?

I really dislike the Boston Celtics therefore I believe the Cleveland Cavaliers should win

Only eleven seasons separated Joe Johnson's rookie year and the rookie year of Luke Kornet's father.

Maybe Tacko will set some good screens.

I'm feeling good about this game, garland going for 40

Future Cav Jaylen Brown

Da** Jaylen would look stunning in the wine and gold

Tacko legitimately need to just stand under the basket and receive lobs from Cavs assistants for hours.

We are defending Brown poorly, that has to change.

Leaving Jaylen Brown wide open isn't the best option

Brown is so good. Wish we had him on our team.

Can you imagine if Tacko was athletic?

Need to find a way to acquire Boban at the half, then come out with both Boban and Tacko in the lineup to f*** with Boston's head.

Cavs should try to hire KG to mentor Tacko. If he had grit in his game he'd be pretty decent maybe. If he weren't so tall you probably wouldn't know when he was out there.  (MY NOTE:  If KG won't come back to Boston to mentor RWill he sure as shite isn't going to a city he never played in)

Tacko's sweats can cure droughts.

Tacko with 5 boards already. Beast.   Robert Williams looked legit scared of Tacko out there  (MY NOTE:  He who laughs last, and all that...)

If this is anything under 15 points, the Celtics should be relegated to AAU.

Old School Boston fans be like “How do the Cavaliers have more white guys than us????”  (MY NOTE:  We were the 1st team to start 5 black men and the first team to have a black head coach, fool)

Why this guy has a K in his name is just stupid….   Would they have added that if they named him Steakk Fall ?

Glad they didn’t add another K to Lauri’s last name.

Tacko would make Mutombo look small

Tacko sends Schroeder to the shadow realm  (MY NOTE:  He was going there anyway)

This is tacko’s breakout game.

Jaylen Brown why do you want to be in Boston that place is a sh**hole bro just come to Cleveland

I know it's not gonna show it in the record books but if this is a close scrappy loss, not only am I counting it as a win but the Celtics should feel embarrassed.

pls stop Jaylen

Kanter being called Freedom is so funny. Not used to it

The Celtics are dogsh** bro how are they winning by only 5 we've played Tacko fall a majority of this quarter 😭😭😭😭😭😭

All things considered, for a depleted Cavs team facing the Boston Jaylen Browns, not a bad quarter

Boston fans are the worse

Jaylen brown is about to get a career-high if we keep leaving him open

New strategy I just thought about. Run out a lineup of Rubio, Cedi, Markkanen, Love, and Wade. Confuse the racist Celtics fans into cheering for us and we’ll have home court advantage.

I like Brown.

nobody cant guard jaylen brown

Nobody definitely sucks.

Brown is the only one enjoying covid basketball

Rubio literally passed the ball to a Boston player on two straight possessions. The team is not interested in this game.

Denzel Valentine is that 2k player that goes and spends all his VC on tattoos instead of attributes with his 60 overall bum a**

Dennis Schroeder is giving Pat Bev a run for his money in the ugliest player in the league award….

I love that Tacko is still getting cheers from the Boston crowd :chuckle:

Tatum has gotta be the most streaky star player

Friendly reminder that this is a very depleted Cavs team playing on the road against a full strength Boston team.  (MY NOTE:  "full strength"?!  You think we're signing 40 year old ISO Joe and 34 year old CJ Miles, neither of whom have played NBA ball in a couple of years, if we were at full strength?!)

These illegal Robert Williams screens are killing us

We just have no answer for Tatum and Brown.

We wouldn't beat the Celtics healthy this game, they're hitting every ridiculous circus shot

Tatum is playing pretty lazy defense.   Cavs can get right back in it if they just knock down some threes.

Just came here to say that these fans and Boston players are acting like this is game 7 of the playoffs and beating the 2016 Cavs..

All will be right in the world when they bounced in the 1st round come April

I cannot wait until they have to blow it up.

Oh they’re gonna blow it up sooner than later. They’re idiots if they think otherwise.

They’re a treadmill team who’s 2nd option is better than their “best player”

The Celtics are soft. They’re going to think this is over and the Cavs aren’t. This still might get close

I bet on this game... why did I do that?

I have no clue what Rubio is even trying to do out there.

Thats why he is in the NBA and you arent Wink

Brown and Tatum are great individual talents, buts that’s about it. Just take a lot of iso jumpers. Can’t see how they are Anything more than a .500 team.

Can't exactly analyze it, but the Celtics aren't playing as a team. Their superior talent in this game should have them running away with this, but they don't play as a unit with one mind. More like just a collection of guys. Coaching, I guess. If Cavs are healthy the Celts will lose in the playoffs

Tacko legit trash but it’s cool.

so this is what it feels like to be fans of every other team in the league

I never want to see Tacko on the floor again after this game

I guess I can revive Ye Olde Cavs Pastime and bring out the liquor...

The Celtics were literally begging us to score on that possession but we just weren't having any of that.

On the positive side of things, I won't have anxiety over possibly blowing a 35 pt lead going into the 4th.

Lol, Boston is so happy to blow out the f***ing replacement squad.

If we had a guy like Jaylen Brown in place of Lauri, we would be such a force.

They gonna call any moving screen on the Celtics?

All we have to do is keep tracking those pick n rolls the Celtics are a terrible passing team

Keep Tacko out of this and we might make them sweat.

Schroeder was incredibly stupid to turn down the 84 million the Lakers offered. No one is going to pay him anything like that again.

Lmao I can tell most y’all turned this game off

Tatum is so a** LMAOOOO

Brown was throwing jabs earlier this week about the Celtics making excuses. What’s the package for Brown?

Jaylen Brown is the one player I'd trade Okoro and Sexton for don't shoot me(not realistic at all ofc but)

There is absolutely nothing the Celtics can take from this W. That's when you know your season is doomed.

Celtics fans always been overly annoying. Whatever, we'll team wipe them when healthy.

Us being in the Game against a Celtics Team that is only missing Schröder is a real positive sign.

They had Schröeder

Boston such a pathetic franchise we're missing literally everyone, according to their fans they're better than us healthy and yet they only beat our severely severely handicapped roster by 10  (MY NOTE:  First of all, they played 8 players double-digit minutes.  We played 9 players double-digit minutes, so not much more, and Nesmith and Enes only played 12 each.)

it was nice to see Joe scoring still after 57 years in the league

I honestly don't know (or really care) what the Celtics can do to fix their roster. It's just f***ed up. I would seriously consider trading Tatum and keeping Brown to start.

I think that's the Galaxy Brained move. Build around the quietly better player while trading the guy who will command far more in return.

Of course Joe Johnson averaged two points per minute against us.

From day one I've never really understood why Jason Tatum is supposed to be so special; this game did not clarify the matter for me. Jaylen Brown's a killer though. I don't see why Boston would ever trade him, but if we were somehow to acquire him I would be four thumbs up on that move.

I never want to have to watch Tacko Fall or Denzel Valentine play basketball again

This whole Joe Johnson thing is weird…. That is literally like us signing DeSagana Diop…   To his credit—Joe Johnson today looks just like Joe Johnson at the age of 19….

Dennis Schroder was 1-for-11. Wow.  (MY NOTE:  "Wow" indeed)

Bob
MY NOTE: The recurring theme here is that they are overemphasizing their roster depletion while being completely unaware of ours. Horford could defend Love, and take icy-cold Dennis Schroder out and put Josh on Darius Garland. Different game, right? I'm not saying that they wouldn't be better with their missing players too, of course they would, but we're missing a starter and the 7th man.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down