cowens/oldschool
dbrown4
gyso
Matty
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Celtics vs Nets

ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:51 pm

Yeah, it has to be Celtics in 7 unfortunately.  Celtics in 5 is just too naïve.  Celtics in 6 means we win out in BKN heading into the game up 3-2.  That's possible but not likely either unless the will is broken like stated above.  BKN will not win in a G7 on our court.  Not any team with Kryrie on it.  Our guys just won't let it happen.

Plus despite the turnaround and reversal of fortune for both of these teams over the last two seasons, we don't turn it around to sweep or 4-1 them in one season either.  It is possible but not likely. Next season? Yeah, we sweep them or they quit after going down 0-3.  

It has to be a nail biter unless RWIII returns ahead of schedule, then those short numbers become a reality.  

Celtics in 7.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: ESPN "experts" picks Celtics- Nets VS Sam's Celtics Forum

Post by bobc33 Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:11 pm

I chose the Nets to win the series. Rooting big time for the Celtics of course. I’m not sure Brown and Tatum have the intestinal fortitude needed to win a tough series. I think they are both frontrunners and may fold when things get tough.

I hope they prove me 100% wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:42 am

BS may, and that is a big may, return by game #4.  

I am on the same page with NYCelt.  The Nets do not need Simmons to carry their offense.  He can get downhill and finish at the rim.  He is a very solid rebounder and he can defend 1 through 5.  We spend a lot of time bashing him because of his FT issues and no jump shot but he can still do some things on defense that few players in the NBA can do.  

He is the wild card for the Sixers as Rob is for us.

I am putting my money on the Celtics team defense to win this war but if one side adds another weapon, things could go badly.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:07 am

dboss,

Tit for tat...BS vs. RWIII.  Both are now about equal on chances of returning this series yet RWIII brings WAY, FAR more to the table if Steve wants to test the waters by putting BS in.  If BKN blinks first, expect to see RWIII either that game or the very next one at the latest.  RWIII is ready.  Make no mistake.

If BS was coming back fully loaded vs. a returning RWIII, you can easily argue that's about a push with still the edge going to RWIII.  But BS coming back after 1 year of nothing during the playoffs?  "I say, Come on, man!!" You know I love a good trainwreck!

For me, it's about how the 2 J's mesh together and bring the team together offensively and defensively by not resorting to 1st half season antics.  That's really about it.  They've had 5 seasons to get this together and get it right.  They've gotten it right this season.  If the Celtics do not advance vs. BKN, BOS unfortunately will have to take a very long, hard look to conclude it is time to bust up the 2 J's.  These two have already been to the ECFs.

This series is about as big as you can get in that aspect.  And while I'm predicting with great accuracy this will divorce will happen if we come up short, the media will drive this and it will get back to Boston, doubt will sink in, lines will be drawn in the sand and BOS will have to cut bait.  The media is waiting like buzzards on a covered gut wagon to be released.        

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:24 am

I'm 100% sure Brad and Ime are well aware of this as well.  Lots of pressure on these two guys and the organization.  A loss to BKN will set us back another 3-5 years.  That's why we're about to see the Fully Operational Death Star unleased with or without RWIII.  Also, even though I said Celtics in 7, if we show up, it will be more like Celtics in 5.

It's all about exposure. BKN is going to be exposed for all to see. Steve Nash is neither savvy enough nor smart enough coaching-wise to expose Boston in a 7-game series. That's why he'll be done in about two weeks.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:55 pm

dbrown4 wrote:dboss,

Tit for tat...BS vs. RWIII.  Both are now about equal on chances of returning this series yet RWIII brings WAY, FAR more to the table if Steve wants to test the waters by putting BS in.  If BKN blinks first, expect to see RWIII either that game or the very next one at the latest.  RWIII is ready.  Make no mistake.

If BS was coming back fully loaded vs. a returning RWIII, you can easily argue that's about a push with still the edge going to RWIII.  But BS coming back after 1 year of nothing during the playoffs?  "I say, Come on, man!!"  You know I love a good trainwreck!

For me, it's about how the 2 J's mesh together and bring the team together offensively and defensively by not resorting to 1st half season antics.  That's really about it.  They've had 5 seasons to get this together and get it right.  They've gotten it right this season.  If the Celtics do not advance vs. BKN, BOS unfortunately will have to take a very long, hard look to conclude it is time to bust up the 2 J's.  These two have already been to the ECFs.

This series is about as big as you can get in that aspect.  And while I'm predicting with great accuracy this will divorce will happen if we come up short, the media will drive this and it will get back to Boston, doubt will sink in, lines will be drawn in the sand and BOS will have to cut bait.  The media is waiting like buzzards on a covered gut wagon to be released.        

db

If BS comes back he would probably do so on a limited basis.  Maybe 18-20 MPG.  This kid has been out with the back issue.  The issue he will face now is one of conditioning. His skills have not disappeared even though he has been out for a year. It will take time to ramp everything up. However if this is going to be as competitive as I suspect it will be, one or 2 possession a game can be difference makers.

The Celtics are an elite team but take Rob away and this is not the same team.  We miss him more than the Nets miss not having Simmons since he has yet to play a single game.

The Celtics have not beaten a quality (healthy) opponent since Rob got injured.  This series coming up will be another prove it to me series.  Can Boston take out the Nets without Robert Williams.  There is a small sample size to look at since he last played on March 27th.  The Heat is the only quality opponent we played with us having a full squad minus Rob.  We lost that game.  We had guys missing from both the Raptors game and the Bucks game so they do not count for much. Wins vs Pacers, Wizards, Bulls and Grizzlies were not signature wins against quality opponents.

We are very much in uncharted territory.  All of us can come up with the Celtics winning in 5, 6, or 7 games as I have predicted but if Rob cannot comeback, it changes the formula and maybe the outcome.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:30 pm

I'm 99.9% certain RWIII is suited up and in the tunnel, along with BS. Again, if Steve Nash blinks first, and he will if they go down 0-2 as he will have no choice and nothing to lose but his job and the series, BS will show up for Game 3 and/or 4 and finish out. Split G1 & G2? Nah, not so much. Their hubris will make them believe they are better than they really are.

You're right. Boston has to prove it to all of us they are ready for the big stage. It gets no bigger than this stage. The rest of the playoffs will all be downhill from there.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:50 pm

You have to wonder if Simmons has ever even had a 5 on 5 practice with the Nets starters. High assist/defense PGs are not the same as high volume/ISO scorers. It's not just plug and play. He would need to get acclimated to players like KI and KD. His assist to TO ratio could be very ugly for a bit.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:23 am

Now, one thing I haven't addressed is what happens with RWIII if we go down 0-2.  I'm pretty sure we're going to have to blink first and bring him back if he is indeed cleared.

This is just not a series where you can linger or hope you get it right the next game.  

I do know one thing...the day has arrived.  At 3:30pm today, we're on and this series is....FINALLY! Time to put up or shut up!!! And that includes everyone on both teams. Or as KD put it...Shut up and hoop!!  

Go Celtics!!!!!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Well the results are in!  56.2 of ESPN's "expert"s picked the wrong team to win the series. Meanwhile only 6.2 5% on the boards "non experts" got the team wrong

I always figgred ya'll knew better than most the experts anyhow, so this is no real surprise. And while these games were closer than most of us would prefer, it was a sweep and i don't think any us us are/were complaining. 

To be fair to ESPN's guys most of us were also wrong, and gave the Nets way to much credit, like the seven guys who did take Boston over Brooklyn, we mostly gave the Nets too much credit, everyone from ESPN that choose Boston expected it to go to seven games, we had a single fan here that got it right, predicting a sweep.

Kudos to whoever made the right Call.

And now back to a few words about those professional experts. While its not been the case in everything I've read, it seems to me that the storyline being followed is not how Boston was so much better and that's why they won, but how Brooklyn blew the series themselves.

I don't think it matters that Ben Simmons never showed up, Even if his body had, i doudt that his mind would have. And even if both his body and mind were there, I still don't see them  being a better team. 

Another reason the experts point to is that Durant missed games due to injury during the regular season. Tatum missed 6 games, Brown missed 16 games, Smart 11 games Robert Williams missed 21 games.  Hell Robert only played 29 minutes and 44 seconds in the whole damn series. Missing time during the regular season doesn't cause you to lose 4 games straight, playing a team that is just better than you does.  

Another reason, Durant was exhausted, yes this NBA superstar,  armed the luxury of being a modern athlete as narrative goes and everything that implies, healthy lifestyles, easier modes of transportation, personal chef's personal trainers  played in 55 games in the regular season, and averaged 37.2 minutes a game or 2047 minutes all season.

As a comparision I sort of randomly went back to the medieval days and randomly (or not) selected a player from the 1960's who is of the dame age as Durant now and looked at his stats for the year he matched Durant now in age.  I wont name the guy I choose, but he has a lot more rings than Durant and his initials are W.F.R.  In 1968 HE played in 78 games, 37.9 minutes a game for a total of 2,953 minutes. then went in played and in 19 playoff games helping his team win a NBA title.

Exhausted? Seems more of an excuse than a reason to me.

No, the reason Brooklyn lost is not their fault, it has little to do with B.S. being on the floor or not. It has nothing to do with Irving not being around cuz he is afraid of the needle. It has nothing to do with Durant.

Brooklyn lost because they were facing a better team. A team that bought into their coach's system. A team that was made up of guys who refused to give anything but the most for their fans, themselves and their teammates. A team that was simply better than them. The Boston Celtics kicked their arses because they could.  End of story. No need to spin it any other way.

Mebbe the "experts" may start smarting up finely.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:08 pm

If the unnamed player is the same one i watched year after year, title after title, He played the finals with his leg wrapped up, hamstring issues, but played game after game and, in his last year, after coming in 4th in the regular season, beat the crap out of LA to win a title, walked off the floor, flew home and announced his retirement, along with Sam Jones who had already announced his retirement. Exhausted, I am sure, but gave everything he had to help his team win.
v
This excuse is sickening. Listening to that fool Irving last night made me sick. Watch out Brooklyn, you will be stuck with a deadbeat if you sign him to a long term, high price contract. He will never live up to it and will demand a trade partway through it. He is an ego maniac who wants to blame everyone else and play the martyr role. As for Durant, I will give him credit, at least he complimented the Celtics and admitted they were the better team for this series, this year. Let's see what happens moving forward. Will he stay or will he go in February. Time will tell. My prediction is Irving ends up in LA at some time in the future, the new hope for Laker flops
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:58 pm

I had voted the Celts in 5. Can't be happier about missing the actual result.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2