dbrown4
tardust
steve3344
prakash
gyso
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away

Post by dboss Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:43 am

With the Celtics taking game 1 away from the Warriors, I sure hope it will give Celtics fans more confidence and belief that we do not just belong in this championship round we are destined to win it.

The Warriors unblemished 9-0 home record now has an indelible stain on it.  Boston continued their remarkable road dominance and are now 8-2.  

As I have said numerous times, our defense travels well. Our elite defense will be the ultimate factor when we win #18.

The biggest difference between us and them should be quite clear to everyone.  We can guard them but they cannot guard us.  Ime used a small lineup to sand blast them while Kerr continued with his excessive belief to focus too much attention on Jayson Tatum.

This is just game one but I have full confidence that the Celtics will systematically grind them down to dust just like they have done to everyone else.  We are going to choke them out but first we are going to wear them down.  

Tatum did not shoot the ball well (3-17) but he was the ultimate playmaker.   By now Steve Kerr is worried about the entire Celtics team.  

Is it just me or did GSW look gassed?  They were well rested but did not seem to be physically up to the challenge.  

Know this, that team does not want to play against our physicality.  They are a sandals and shorts team.  Right now their heads are spinning around like Regan MacNeil from the Exorcist.  They will recover after a few splashes of Holy Water and try to outrun us. They can run but they cannot hide.

In the pregame ABC session, all 5 of the talking heads took GS to win the game and the series.  Magic and Jalen Rose with Stephen A, Greenie and Wilborn in the middle all were rolling with the Warriors before last night's game.

GS may be a better overall offensive team but it is not like we cannot score the basketball.  It seems to me that those guys do not fully appreciate what an ELITE defense can do to the a great offense.

Please do not squeeze yourself in to make room for them in the wagon.  

The Warriors have all that wonderful experience but they do not have that experience against the Celtics.  Does our best in the league 10-7 record against them mean anything?

Will the Celtics be satisfied with a split or will they go right after the jugular?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away

Post by bygone Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:01 pm

dbrown4 wrote:A couple of things.   OK, ten.  

3)  Target practice.  Looks like Stevie Whiny Baby left Derrick White off the scouting report.  Idiot.  Nothing made me happier than looking at Whiny all smug and smiling with his legs stretched out, heads behind his head in the 3rd only to see that smart-a$S, Cheshire grin completely wiped off his face in the presser.  

db  

Absolutely dbrown4. I was calm but very worried till I saw their smiling, confident coach with his hands behind his head. The smug pose made me smile and be much more hopeful. Lo and behold, the Celtics put in a magnificent 4th quarter.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:02 pm

dboss,

You know the jugular is the ONLY OPTION! We can't come out an lay an egg like we're probably expecting. Besides, we have to win B2B at some point. Migth as well be now.

Opportunities like this only come once in a lifetime. I see Al Horford and JT leading the way Sunday while Whiny Baby doubles up JB until around G4 where he finally figures out he's been involved in a horrific game of Whack-a-mole.

Excellent Exorcist reference. Still LMAO. Didn't see that one coming.

I told my wife, jokingly, last night re: all the talking heads. I said, "Hmm. You see how everybody's picking GSW to win G1 (including myself)? That always means the other team is going to win!"

As much as I despise Mr. Smirky in MIA, it's a double helping for Whiny Baby in San Fran. I'm going to go with a 4 X 4 tied to the end of a windmill in a hurricane where Steve asks, "Hey, Draymond. Hold my beer. I wonder what will happen if I stick my head in the line of this 4 X 4'ed windmill during this hurricane?!" Or better yet, "I bet I can run through that same windmill without a scratch. Here's $100. Who wants some of this action?"

Yes, I've had some time to think these up.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:05 pm

bygone,

To add insult to injury, d'you noticed Kerr in the presser wore his mask to cover his face of disappointment?! Come on, man. COVID's left the building!!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:30 pm

dbrown4 wrote:dboss,

You know the jugular is the ONLY OPTION!  We can't come out an lay an egg like we're probably expecting.  Besides, we have to win B2B at some point.  Migth as well be now.

Opportunities like this only come once in a lifetime.  I see Al Horford and JT leading the way Sunday while Whiny Baby doubles up JB until around G4 where he finally figures out he's been involved in a horrific game of Whack-a-mole.  

Excellent Exorcist reference.  Still LMAO.  Didn't see that one coming.    

I told my wife, jokingly, last night re: all the talking heads.  I said, "Hmm.  You see how everybody's picking GSW to win G1 (including myself)?  That always means the other team is going to win!"

As much as I despise Mr. Smirky in MIA, it's a double helping for Whiny Baby in San Fran.  I'm going to go with a 4 X 4 tied to the end of a windmill in a hurricane where Steve asks, "Hey, Draymond.  Hold my beer.  I wonder what will happen if I stick my head in the line of this 4 X 4'ed windmill during this hurricane?!"  Or better yet, "I bet I can run through that same windmill without a scratch.  Here's $100.  Who wants some of this action?"    

Yes, I've had some time to think these up.  

db

The GSW are not entitled to win a damn thing.

So yeah, why not go after a game 2 victory. This may seem weird but watching the game last night gave me a similar feeling that I had during the Nets series.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:37 pm

Dboss, in a post full of superlatives these were the most superb.
Once again you hit the nail on the head.

As I have said numerous times, our defense travels well. Our elite defense will be the ultimate factor when we win #18.

The biggest difference between us and them should be quite clear to everyone.  We can guard them but they cannot guard us.  Ime used a small lineup to sand blast them while Kerr continued with his excessive belief to focus too much attention on Jayson Tatum.

This is just game one but I have full confidence that the Celtics will systematically grind them down to dust just like they have done to everyone else.  We are going to choke them out but first we are going to wear them down.  

Tatum did not shoot the ball well (3-17) but he was the ultimate playmaker.   By now Steve Kerr is worried about the entire Celtics team.  

Is it just me or did GSW look gassed?  They were well rested but did not seem to be physically up to the challenge.  

GS may be a better overall offensive team but it is not like we cannot score the basketball.  It seems to me that those guys do not fully appreciate what an ELITE defense can do to the a great offense.

Excellent observations, loved it!
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:10 pm

steve3344 wrote:https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/06/02/sports/capped-by-championship-caliber-celtics-comeback-this-was-everything-an-nba-finals-game-should-be/

Capped by a championship-caliber Celtics comeback, this was everything an NBA Finals game should be
By Dan Shaughnessy Globe Staff,Updated June 2, 2022, 19 minutes ago

The Celtics trailed the estimable Warriors by 15 points late in the third quarter, only to roar back in the fourth on the strength of their NBA-best defense and the shooting of veterans Al Horford and Derrick White.

When it was over Thursday night, the Celtics were 120-108 winners in Game 1 of the NBA Finals at San Francisco and dreams of a championship feel very real.

Most everything was stacked against the Celts in this one. The Warriors were 9-0 at home in these playoffs, and had a full week of rest while the Celtics were staggering through their seven-game rock fight with Miami. The Warriors have been in the Finals in six of the last eight Junes, winning three championships. Steph Curry lit up the night with 21 first-quarter points.

All of that meant nothing when the Celtics went into lockdown defense mode and rode the shooting of Horford and White to an 11-point lead with two minutes left. On a night when Jayson Tatum struggled, the Celts went to something that never fails: defense.

And in the spirit of Bill Russell, KC Jones, Tom Sanders and Dennis Johnson, the Celtics pulled through to win one of the greatest Finals victories in the storied history of this franchise.

It was the first Finals game played at the three-year-old Chase Center. In the early years of this Warrior Dynasty, the Dubs played all their home games at the ancient, gray, concrete palace formerly known as the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. It was a gym Larry Bird never particularly liked and also served as the rookie home of young Robert Parish in 1976. If you want a good look at the old Coliseum, find a way to watch “Inside Moves’' with David Morse and John Savage. Parish and his good pal Clifford Ray make cameos in the 1980 film.

Draymond Green and the Splash Brothers did not make the playoffs in 2020 or 2021, but returned with a vengeance this season and wiped out Denver, Memphis and Dallas en route to the Finals, going 9-0 in their downtown San Fran playpen.

The Warriors came into the night with five players owning Finals experience, a grand total of 123 games played by messrs. Curry, Green, Klay Thompson and Co. The 2021-22 Celtics, meanwhile, do not have a single player who had ever played in the Finals before Thursday.

Journey’s Neal Schon performed the anthem on his guitar. Too bad he wasn’t accompanied by Journey drummer Steve Smith who went to Whitman-Hanson High School (where the late Nick Cafardo played sax in the school band) and Bridgewater State College.

Robert Williams III jumped center against Kevon Looney. The last time the Celtics and Warriors met in the NBA Finals, it was Bill Russell vs. Wilt Chamberlain in the middle.

Curry drained six threes in the first, which ended with the Dubs leading, 32-28. The pace was far too fast for Ime Udoka’s liking as the Warriors led by as many as 7, but somehow the Celtics kept pace and kept it close. Curry made 7 of 9, far too many of them clean looks from downtown. He was the first to score 21 in a Finals quarter since Michael Jordan did it in 1993. Curry was on an 84-point pace. It was delightful, scintillating basketball — no officials getting in the way early.

The Warriors ran to a 10-point lead in the second, but the Celtics responded with a 14-2 run, taking their first lead since the opening minutes when Tatum made two free throws to put Boston ahead, 51-49. Curry did not score in the second quarter and the Celtics led, 56-54, at intermission. The teams combined to make 20 threes in the first half, a Finals record.

The Celtics had to be feeling good about the half. They withstood Curry’s first-quarter haymakers, came back from 10 down, and managed to lead at intermission even though Tatum only had 8 points.

The Dubs dialed up their defense in the third, continuing to frustrate Tatum and getting big baskets from the likes of Otto Porter, Andrew Wiggins, and ancient Andre Iguodala.

Down 12 starting the fourth, the Celtics went to work and cut the hearts out of the champions, playing great defense and taking a 109-103 lead with 4:45 left, making folks very nervous in San Francisco. A 17-0 fourth-quarter Celtics run will do that.

Boston never goes away easily. Its 40-16 advantage was the most lopsided fourth quarter in Finals history.

Give us six more games just like this, please.

Good piece by Shaughnessy but I disagree with his last line. I don't want six more games just like this. I only want three.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:22 pm

steve3344 wrote:
steve3344 wrote:https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/06/02/sports/capped-by-championship-caliber-celtics-comeback-this-was-everything-an-nba-finals-game-should-be/

Capped by a championship-caliber Celtics comeback, this was everything an NBA Finals game should be
By Dan Shaughnessy Globe Staff,Updated June 2, 2022, 19 minutes ago

The Celtics trailed the estimable Warriors by 15 points late in the third quarter, only to roar back in the fourth on the strength of their NBA-best defense and the shooting of veterans Al Horford and Derrick White.

When it was over Thursday night, the Celtics were 120-108 winners in Game 1 of the NBA Finals at San Francisco and dreams of a championship feel very real.

Most everything was stacked against the Celts in this one. The Warriors were 9-0 at home in these playoffs, and had a full week of rest while the Celtics were staggering through their seven-game rock fight with Miami. The Warriors have been in the Finals in six of the last eight Junes, winning three championships. Steph Curry lit up the night with 21 first-quarter points.

All of that meant nothing when the Celtics went into lockdown defense mode and rode the shooting of Horford and White to an 11-point lead with two minutes left. On a night when Jayson Tatum struggled, the Celts went to something that never fails: defense.

And in the spirit of Bill Russell, KC Jones, Tom Sanders and Dennis Johnson, the Celtics pulled through to win one of the greatest Finals victories in the storied history of this franchise.

It was the first Finals game played at the three-year-old Chase Center. In the early years of this Warrior Dynasty, the Dubs played all their home games at the ancient, gray, concrete palace formerly known as the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. It was a gym Larry Bird never particularly liked and also served as the rookie home of young Robert Parish in 1976. If you want a good look at the old Coliseum, find a way to watch “Inside Moves’' with David Morse and John Savage. Parish and his good pal Clifford Ray make cameos in the 1980 film.

Draymond Green and the Splash Brothers did not make the playoffs in 2020 or 2021, but returned with a vengeance this season and wiped out Denver, Memphis and Dallas en route to the Finals, going 9-0 in their downtown San Fran playpen.

The Warriors came into the night with five players owning Finals experience, a grand total of 123 games played by messrs. Curry, Green, Klay Thompson and Co. The 2021-22 Celtics, meanwhile, do not have a single player who had ever played in the Finals before Thursday.

Journey’s Neal Schon performed the anthem on his guitar. Too bad he wasn’t accompanied by Journey drummer Steve Smith who went to Whitman-Hanson High School (where the late Nick Cafardo played sax in the school band) and Bridgewater State College.

Robert Williams III jumped center against Kevon Looney. The last time the Celtics and Warriors met in the NBA Finals, it was Bill Russell vs. Wilt Chamberlain in the middle.

Curry drained six threes in the first, which ended with the Dubs leading, 32-28. The pace was far too fast for Ime Udoka’s liking as the Warriors led by as many as 7, but somehow the Celtics kept pace and kept it close. Curry made 7 of 9, far too many of them clean looks from downtown. He was the first to score 21 in a Finals quarter since Michael Jordan did it in 1993. Curry was on an 84-point pace. It was delightful, scintillating basketball — no officials getting in the way early.

The Warriors ran to a 10-point lead in the second, but the Celtics responded with a 14-2 run, taking their first lead since the opening minutes when Tatum made two free throws to put Boston ahead, 51-49. Curry did not score in the second quarter and the Celtics led, 56-54, at intermission. The teams combined to make 20 threes in the first half, a Finals record.

The Celtics had to be feeling good about the half. They withstood Curry’s first-quarter haymakers, came back from 10 down, and managed to lead at intermission even though Tatum only had 8 points.

The Dubs dialed up their defense in the third, continuing to frustrate Tatum and getting big baskets from the likes of Otto Porter, Andrew Wiggins, and ancient Andre Iguodala.

Down 12 starting the fourth, the Celtics went to work and cut the hearts out of the champions, playing great defense and taking a 109-103 lead with 4:45 left, making folks very nervous in San Francisco. A 17-0 fourth-quarter Celtics run will do that.

Boston never goes away easily. Its 40-16 advantage was the most lopsided fourth quarter in Finals history.

Give us six more games just like this, please.

Good piece by Shaughnessy but I disagree with his last line. I don't want six more games just like this. I only want three.

Six more games like this adds up to seven total Celtics' wins, right? Does Shaughnessy think that the NBA finals is a best 7 of 13?

Asking for a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:56 pm

Its great reading about what we witnessed last night. It was exciting but I do have on gripe. I realize im just another member but is it necessary to post almost every single article written about the game. Different opinions are included and welcomed but we all witnessed it. Its a bit cumbersome but again its just my opinion.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:01 pm

dbrown4 wrote:A couple of things.   OK, ten.  

1)  I highly recommend "crow".  It's DELICIOUS!!  Could not be happier to be completely wrong in my prediction for last night's game.  I thought if we had a chance, we'd win a nail biter at best.  How wrong was I?!!  Pretty sure none of us saw a 4th quarter like that coming.  

2)  Al better be Vegas' odds-on pick for MVP if Celtics win it all.  I'm just sayin'!  Brother is playing some amazing, man-possessed basketball all around.  Such a humble man, too.  

3)  Target practice.  Looks like Stevie Whiny Baby left Derrick White off the scouting report.  Idiot.  Nothing made me happier than looking at Whiny all smug and smiling with his legs stretched out, heads behind his head in the 3rd only to see that smart-a$S, Cheshire grin completely wiped off his face in the presser.  

4)  Only the Celtics themselves can beat themselves going forward.  We didn't see much of our ghosts pop up in this game but they are still there and can come out at any time.  

5)  Target Practice - All of us on this site can make 3's like the Celtics when you're THAT wide open.  We even missed a couple we should have made that I think we missed because we were so caught off guard how wide open we were and how we taught GS the lesson about offense and defense in the playoffs.  

6)  Not ever going to count chickens because we know who we are and where we've been this season, but if we are so fortunate to win on Sunday, which we have to now, that will be the notice not only to GS, but to the rest of the league that we're going on a very long run and there is nothing the rest of the league can do about it.  Change up all you want, move players around, blah, blah, blah, but it's not going to matter.  There will be a new sheriff in town.

7)  All those still in favor of returning Derrick White to sender say, "Aye".  No one?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Ok, that's what I thought.  WOW!!  Thank you Pop and Brad!!  Kid can hit the 3!!!!

Cool  A couple of very key timeouts by Ime in the 4th almost back to back to get our guys straight....during our run.  Can't ask for more than that.  Priceless.  It's like Ime reads our site!!

9)  We have to win Sunday because now I want to see Steve Kerr in complete panic mode along with Draymond and Steph, et al.

10)  That may be the best quarter of basketball I've ever seen for the Fully Operation Death Star.  Or any Celtic team except G6 2008 Finals.
Resiliency.Defense.Target Practice.  That's going to win a lot of games, boys and girl.  Regardless of this outcome.  

No chicken counting!  G2 is Sunday.  Watch film.  Normal routines.  But clearly that was a shot across the bough with a direct hit to the engine room.  We can only beat ourselves and we are quite capable of resorting back to old ghosts in any instance at any time.  Celtics....Do EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING Ime says to do from here on out.    

GS will again come out desperate.  I don't think we can see much better from them.  I believe they hit us with their best shot with Curry going nuts to start. Sunday will reveal.  But GS has got and is going to have the same problems BKN, MIL and the Heat had that no one has solved yet.  We make you look like G-Leaguers, plain and simple.  

But if we're going to send a message, following up by winning again on Sunday will do just that...followed by us winning G3, of course.  Remember, Celtics owe the Boston fans big time for G6 crap vs. Heat.  Celtics has already given them what they wanted in G1 with the worst case split.  Time for some Sunday gravy to go with my crow.  DE-LISH!!!

BTW, if you liked me eating crow, you'll love First Take this am.  Stephen A. will be having the same dish!!!  Although he was trying to prepare himself at halftime.    

db  
I hate to say I told you so and I won’t. :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:03 pm

Steve 3344 - Absolutely - let's win the next three and hop on the duck boats!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:05 pm

Oh oh. Weeeze in trouba now. DBrown said weeeze should not try and win game one cuz dose Warriors gonna git mad cuz we stirred up da hornets nest.
DBrown Bwrong!! Hahaha

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:06 pm

dbrown4 wrote:bygone,

To add insult to injury, d'you noticed Kerr in the presser wore his mask to cover his face of disappointment?!  Come on, man.  COVID's left the building!!!

db

Wrong again DBrown

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:08 pm

willjr wrote:Dboss, in a post full of superlatives these were the most superb.
Once again you hit the nail on the head.

Excellent observations, loved it!

Will, their big 3 are getting long in the tooth. Average age 33 so you could be right about them being gassed.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:19 pm

4th Q - yes, they were gassed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:20 pm

Willjr

As you can tell, I am all in.  So much emphasis on those front runners by the self-proclaimed experts.  I get my inspiration from board members that continue to add so much knowledge about basketball and our team in particular.

I do get a good measure of amusement from all the talking heads.  Those heads are also spinning around as they search for a way to realign themselves with reality.

The Boston Celtics are steamrolling folks!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:36 pm

Ktron wrote:Its great reading about what we witnessed last night. It was exciting but I do have on gripe. I realize im just another member but is it necessary to post almost every single article written about the game. Different opinions are included and welcomed but we all witnessed it. Its a bit cumbersome but again its just my opinion.

Ktron

I feel the same way but I do not want to offend others.  

I know that we have a wealth of knowledge and great writers on this forum.  Because of that I would rather consume what our folks are saying based on what they witnessed.

Several years back I commented about the frequency of reposting articles.  I think I said something to the effect that we were getting lazy.  That was something I really enjoyed and respected about Sam.  He, as you know, was an amazing writer to go along with the deepest roots one could find from a long time forged from steel Celtics fan.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:55 pm

I do enjoy reading the professional writers even though they often rehash the same points, but I actually think our own amateur, unpaid posters are more insightful and enjoyable.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:04 pm

ktron and dboss,

Regarding the posting of articles from newspapers/media/sports writers:

1.  I agree it is lazy to just do that, but not everybody has the time to write voluminous pieces that would go into the same depth as those articles.  

2.  None of us seem to have a problem with disagreeing with the authors of those articles.  That stimulates discussion too, and that is the purpose of this board, is it not?

3.  Those writers, because they are professionals who do this for a living, have access to statistics, metrics, history that we don't have.  They also have access to the athletes themselves.  Those provide signicantly different perspectives.

4.  There are people on this board who do not have access to the local Boston rags, and might be interested in knowing what they're saying, but might have access to the local media for road games.  For example, we have members of this board who live in the Atlanta, GA area.  Their access to the Atlanta Journal Constitution could provide members who reside elsewhere insight into the takes of the media for our games vs the Hawks.  The Comments From The Other Side threads do that, except from the perspective those fans instead of their media.  Whether it's a road game in Atlanta or a home game vs the Hawks the Comments From The Other Side thread shares the spontaneous thoughts of those fans.  Why not the reasoned thoughts of the press for those games as well?

How about this?  How about we either put professional media articles (perhaps with the exception of the usual Post-Game starting post?) in their own threads?  That way you won't see an update to the post-game thread and assume it's one of us posting our own thoughts.  If it's its own thread, it's not one of ours.  Or is it?  How do we distinguish them from each other without clicking on it to see who the author is?

Another possibility is to create a thread dedicated to Game-related professional articles.  So, four threads would be created for Game 2. Two for pre-game thoughts (one thread for board members' thoughts, like the way DBoss has been doing, and one thread for professional pre-game articles) and then another two threads for post-game, also one for our original thoughts and one for the media articles.

Or you could just see that the article is written by Gary Washburn or Forsberg or whomever and scroll past it without reading it at all.

I'm open to suggestion.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:09 pm

Ktron wrote:Its great reading about what we witnessed last night. It was exciting but I do have on gripe. I realize im just another member but is it necessary to post almost every single article written about the game. Different opinions are included and welcomed but we all witnessed it. Its a bit cumbersome but again its just my opinion.

IMO, having people post game summary articles from multiple sources is a wonderful feature of this board.  Many members don't have paid subscriptions to some of these websites (Boston Globe, ESPN+, etc.) and when those folks do and share them with us, it is a net plus.  You may find just one unique quote, stat or opinion in any single article, but to me, it is worth it.

Sure, at first the long articles take more time to completely digest.  But with so much time between games, I find that I often circle back later to give them a proper read if I can find the time.

Just like when I post-bomb the post-game thread with an array of tweets, photos, quotes and outright silliness, I am sure that it may irk some members.  I think the same thing holds true for that kind of post, many members just don't have access or internet savviness or time or whatever and actually enjoy that kind of thing.

So anyway, my only advice during the stressful playoffs season is:

Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away - Page 3 Keep_c10

Oh, yeah.  Also, don't let this happen during games, plan ahead:

Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away - Page 3 Sad_em11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:27 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Tatum deserved the comments he was getting in my mind and the whole world was watching him miss everything on the worlds biggest stage. He had a point blank lay up where he could have easily dunked, that he bricked that just set me off….

Thank god Jaylen was playing like Jaylen and playing hard at the start of the 4th, he and Pritch brought us back and at the same time our defense tightened and choked the sh!t out of the Dubs. Suddenly Steph couldn’t get off, Klay couldn’t and Poole couldn’t either and it was basic hard man to man with switching; not caring who was on who, just someone in their face, no open looks. Thank god Draymond was matching Tatum brick for brick, then Al and White got hotter than hot, scorching hot and finished off the Dubs in the 4th. Incredible, indescribable, 40-16 point 4th quarter and it was as dominant as any stretch of basketball I’ve ever seen from this franchise. Amazing.

I would love to see this team play well off a stellar performance for once and with more rest between games, hopefully we will. My game ball goes to Jaylen and Al. Jaylen for taking it right to them at a crucial part of game, giving us life and Al for completely demoralizing them. This game is just like this season has played out, in I didn’t see this coming like that even during the game, which is the same was this season. Damn what a great start and Tatum can’t shoot that bad again right?!’ll just shut the fo(k up now.
Maybe the name calling was a bit out of place. I was guilty of that but we all get emotional when we’re this close.
Sure, Tatum had 13 assists but 3-17 for a first team All NBA is unacceptable, especially in the opening game of the finals. When he’s great the accolades come in droves. When he’s 3-17 and looks shaken he has to be held accountable for that too.
It should only get better for him, Scoring wise from here on out. If not, calling him out is applicable

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:37 pm

gyso wrote:

IMO, having people post game summary articles from multiple sources is a wonderful feature of this board.  Many members don't have paid subscriptions to some of these websites (Boston Globe, ESPN+, etc.) and when those folks do and share them with us, it is a net plus.  You may find just one unique quote, stat or opinion in any single article, but to me, it is worth it.

Sure, at first the long articles take more time to completely digest.  But with so much time between games, I find that I often circle back later to give them a proper read if I can find the time.

Just like when I post-bomb the post-game thread with an array of tweets, photos, quotes and outright silliness, I am sure that it may irk some members.  I think the same thing holds true for that kind of post, many members just don't have access or internet savviness or time or whatever and actually enjoy that kind of thing.

So anyway, my only advice during the stressful playoffs season is:

Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away - Page 3 Keep_c10

Oh, yeah.  Also, don't let this happen during games, plan ahead:

Post Game - NBA Finals Game 1 - Warriors - Away - Page 3 Sad_em11

Good points. Didn’t take that into consideration. As for the empty glass, it’s June, we’re in the finals so for me 1 🥃 may be too many and 1000 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺..may not be enough. :-)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:45 pm

dboss wrote:

Ktron

I feel the same way but I do not want to offend others.  

I know that we have a wealth of knowledge and great writers on this forum.  Because of that I would rather consume what our folks are saying based on what they witnessed.

Several years back I commented about the frequency of reposting articles.  I think I said something to the effect that we were getting lazy.  That was something I really enjoyed and respected about Sam.  He, as you know, was an amazing writer to go along with the deepest roots one could find from a long time forged from steel Celtics fan.
Spot on. Sam was a prolific composer. Like yourself, We have others on the board that I feel have lots of knowledge and are great at expressing it.
I also see the other points Gyso and Bob H brought up.
It’s better if we have to skim through then to have others be left out because of lack of access.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:50 pm

bobheckler wrote:ktron and dboss,

Regarding the posting of articles from newspapers/media/sports writers:

1.  I agree it is lazy to just do that, but not everybody has the time to write voluminous pieces that would go into the same depth as those articles.  

2.  None of us seem to have a problem with disagreeing with the authors of those articles.  That stimulates discussion too, and that is the purpose of this board, is it not?

3.  Those writers, because they are professionals who do this for a living, have access to statistics, metrics, history that we don't have.  They also have access to the athletes themselves.  Those provide signicantly different perspectives.

4.  There are people on this board who do not have access to the local Boston rags, and might be interested in knowing what they're saying, but might have access to the local media for road games.  For example, we have members of this board who live in the Atlanta, GA area.  Their access to the Atlanta Journal Constitution could provide members who reside elsewhere insight into the takes of the media for our games vs the Hawks.  The Comments From The Other Side threads do that, except from the perspective those fans instead of their media.  Whether it's a road game in Atlanta or a home game vs the Hawks the Comments From The Other Side thread shares the spontaneous thoughts of those fans.  Why not the reasoned thoughts of the press for those games as well?

How about this?  How about we either put professional media articles (perhaps with the exception of the usual Post-Game starting post?) in their own threads?  That way you won't see an update to the post-game thread and assume it's one of us posting our own thoughts.  If it's its own thread, it's not one of ours.  Or is it?  How do we distinguish them from each other without clicking on it to see who the author is?

Another possibility is to create a thread dedicated to Game-related professional articles.  So, four threads would be created for Game 2. Two for pre-game thoughts (one thread for board members' thoughts, like the way DBoss has been doing, and one thread for professional pre-game articles) and then another two threads for post-game, also one for our original thoughts and one for the media articles.

Or you could just see that the article is written by Gary Washburn or Forsberg or whomever and scroll past it without reading it at all.

I'm open to suggestion.

Bob

I like it. Sort of like “Comments from the other”. A designated thread with written pieces from other sources (outside of internet bloggers) sounds like a great idea. I also thought about running the idea by admin about creating a designated media thread where we can opine on média types and some of the stuff they put out there. I have access to some of the folks that I’ve interfaced and worked with in the past and can give insite on the perspective as well. Just a thought.  [/quote]

Last edited by Ktron on Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:38 pm

I am quite amiable as long as the Celtics are winning.

Everything else is a matter of preference.

This is an open forum for the most part so I have intentions to complain.

I basically skim or more often  scroll down past most of the repost articles unless the subject matter is of interest and not likely to be discussed anyways.  I have a tendency to search out original stuff from our posters.

It is just a matter of preference but no shade to cast for other posters preferences.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next