Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home, 10/18/22

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home, 10/18/22 Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home, 10/18/22

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 am

https://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2022/10/comments-from-other-side-76ers-101822.html

by FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE:  Nobody is tougher on Philly teams than Philly fans.  My favorites are in bold.  Which are yours?

Caught Covid, only thing that can cure me is a sixers win tonight

Here we go. Let the rollercoaster ride of a new season begin! I’m ready for it

Ready for another season from Spain.   And of course, ready to see the Celtics lose 😎

The Celtics are first in line to experience this year's full-out Maxey effect.

F*** the Celtics, 82-0 starts TONIGHT

We getting championship

Lines been dropping for Boston, smart going to sit this one or something?

Good morning to everyone except for the Boston Celtics, the San Diego Padres, and anyone rooting for either of them

So who’s coaching for Boston?

Nia Long

Lucky’s Chowder is toast

First game doesnt really mean anything but I am ready to overeact

Shame that this feel-good offseason has to end. There is much disappointment to come, my old friend.

How should I feel after we lose by 20 and Harden only takes 7 shots?

Celtics is a big challenge for Sixers, because of the defensive backcourt, the shooting from the wings and the possibility to stretch the floor (and take Joel out of the paint). I think Tucker will play a lot as center those games.

not sure there is a better defensive guard rotation than Smart, White and Brogdon.

I don't really see Boston as real contenders (although they can win against us in a series), because they have obvious flaws (to much depend on 3-point shooting, not enough length and depth in the front court, ...)

Celts are contenders.   Its just that the problem with their team is they dont have a superstar.

Gotta go for the Maxey/Tatum/Embiid trinity. Can't imagine Tatum and Embiid wouldn't want to play with each other.

I think we're bound for a great season but i don't see us wining this one lol

I love Brogdon and Tatum. It's a shame they're Celtics.

Nice job by Jaylen Brown with that speech.

Can’t wait to let this team’s performance determine my mental health for the next 8 months

I’m ready for another season of getting my hopes up then probably losing in the 2nd round hopefully rivers f***s off if that happens

The Celtics would turn Bill Russell into a literal god.  (MY NOTE:  We have a statue of Bill Russell.  You have a statue of 'Rocky Balboa', a fictitious character in a movie)

I love Bill Russell but that was weird af

Bill deserves better than whatever that sh** was

I’m glad that’s finally over can we play now?

Wow…..all that for Bill Russell? I mean, great player…..but da**.  (MY NOTE:  What an idiot)

Is a video montage not good enough anymore?

That sucked but I shouldn't expect much better from the Celtics tbh

Celtics are shook. They don't want to start the game

Celtics are Udoka merchants, they will get bounced easily

Why does Bill Russell get treated like Jackie Robinson lol, he wasn't even that great of a player, I understand he's a celtics great, but to retire his number for the whole league?   (MY NOTE:  Where do they get these ignorant fools from?)

F*** the Celtics but these Celtics jerseys are beautiful

Derrick white looks like a monster from an analog horror

F*** Al Horford and his stupid f***ing family.

F***in whoreford. Piece of crap. Hate his dumb face

Ngl, the dark green Celtics jersey are nice.

Harden still scared to shoot though. Hes done.

I forgot the NBA is literally rigged for the Celtics

Whoa, I knew Joe Mazzulla's face gave me instant dread. He was the jerk at WVU that beat the John Wall/Boogie Cousins UK team in the tourney.

Can we fire Doc yet?

Lol 3 minutes in and we look putrid.

This Celtics defense got all of our boys in jail

Sixers playing like they just had to listen to 15 minutes of a bad tribute.

Can't wait for horford to retire

I don’t think that’s a flagrant but I’d take it

Suspend Horford for the season

Anna Horford furiously typing

i hate the celtics and there trash fan base

I don’t see how that’s flagrant. Now these b**ches will have an excuse

Wow the refs gave us/Harden a flagrant. Does that use up our goodwill for the year?

Honestly the James Harden foul grift worked to perfection. Totally destroyed the momentum and energy for Boston.

Celtics begging for foul calls every possession lmao

our coaching staff’s shirts make them look like they work at Santa’s workshop. but like not as rank and file assembly line elves, but like the slightly taller kind of elf that gets to be middle managers and production supervisors

Looks like we are already league darling

Vonleh begging for calls like he thinks hes Lebron

We should have drafted Vonleh over Embiid.

First 3 mins: we look like a**      Last 3 mins: we’re winning the chip

I hate marcus smart so much. Thank god they lost the finals last year

The Celtics center depth is gonna be a problem for them…

This new Celtics big is so trash he’s gifting us our points im grateful for him

Noah Vonleh is a whole bum

The celtics can’t guard embiid so they have to keep fouling him. Love to see it

Maxey really bout to be better than jaylen brown this season huh   (MY NOTE:  Uh, nope)

really nice gesture by Marcus Smart to use his hair to pay tribute to Philadelphia legend Jalen Mills. easily one of the classiest things he’s ever done

I think our bench dominating theirs is going to be the key in this kinda game

Boston talent did not disappear with the coach sadly

Harden is so washed

The corpse of griffin has risen from his grave

PJ has been terrible so far. Can’t cover Tatum and missed every shot. It would be just our luck if this is the year he falls off the cliff. Horfordesque.

What are you talking about I was told a 6'5" 38 year old forward/center with bad knees was the missing piece.

If we don’t go at Blake every single time down I’m gonna be mad

Man seeing the Celtics jerseys reminds me how horrendous our city jerseys are this year

Harden made a three 😮

Their coach looks like George Hill  (MY NOTE:  Actually, he does a bit)

Is this their interim coach's first time chewing gum?

I hate Grant Williams

Not sure who I hate most on this team. Either Horford or Grant Williams. Amazing with Smart on the team.

These Celtics jerseys are hideous

Bro since when is Blake Griffin a Celtic am I just high

nice flop Blake. already learning from the best

Blake Griffen is gonna look weird af in a decade

Already looks like a dinosaur with those weird eyes

Trez getting outworked by the corpse of Blake Griffin and every single roleplayer not being able to make decent looks.

yo the celtics coach looks like udoka but with some wasting affliction

Grant Williams kind of looks like Ursula from The Little Mermaid

A lot of defensive effort from Tatum tonight. Seems like he's trying to take the next step as a player. Or maybe he's just amped because it's opening night.

I love how many FTs we’re getting. Celtics fans gonna be extra salty after taking the L.

Rip Russell, only Celtic I'll ever respect.

Horford always got that extra energy vs us

I really hate Stan Van Gundy

F*** Grant Williams horse’s a** face

So apparently Horford is so good at defending Embiid that they're throwing Grant Williams on him every possession.

imagine having noah vonleh in your rotation. he's been on 10 teams in 8 seasons.

Can we fire Doc mid first game? Any chance? Please?

Please don't talk about push offs when its Tatums only offensive move

Never thought I’d see someone b**ch more then Daniel Theis…. Then I saw grant Williams play

Asking Grant Williams to defend Joel Embiid is like asking me to defend Grant Williams

Al Horford expending more effort in 10 seconds on that possession than he did for a year in Philly.

only Doc Rivers could make an Embiid-Harden offense look this clunky

I don't think I've seen any Celtics player ever execute a clean screen

Ok. Enough of the pathetic Joel Embiid offensive show. Let's face it, he's regressed as each year has passed. He lives off of bail out calls, falls down too much, doesn't give great effort defensively, is a lazy rebounder for his size, and has zero go to moves. He's getting muscled out of the paint by freakin' Noah Vonleh.

Malcolm Brogdon is so awesome.

Yeah. Brogdon was a BIG pickup for them. Dude is that playmaker they needed

vonleh feels like he is in the way most of the time lol

The Jays use their off arm EVERY drive

You guys know that Tatum is so much stronger now????

I get physically ill seeing Horford’s wonky a** flying elbow shot form   (MY NOTE:  Al's form isn't great, his elbow does flare out, but they go in)

celtics just allowed to do whatever they want huh?

vonleh should be on our team with the way he rebounds lol

We watching the Boston Referees I see.

We’re just letting Tatum and Brogdon get to the rim so easily. And we dont contest on any pull up jumpers by Jaylen.

Smart is the worst DPOY since Marc Gasol

Harden outplaying Tatum idc what anyone says

Embiid looks fat and out of shape.

nba really needs the celtics to win for the agenda

Bro when the Celtics play us they literally just throw random sh** up and it always goes in.

Marcus smart continues to be the most annoying Boston Celtics of this generation and it’s not even really close

Harden is outplaying Tatum

Brown is allowed to just throw stiff arms every single drive

Brown makes so many tough shots ffs

the Sixers problem is Doc Rivers is still stuck in 1997.

Joel with the theatrical flop on the leg grab lol he fel all wrong

Ngl that was dirty Embiid!

F*** Marcus smart but I don't like that from Joel tbh

Celtis being punks as always... Smart continues to get himself injured with dirty stuff like that and gets an attitude about it.

Embiid was dirty there sorry

Don’t like that from Joel but Smart deserves everything that comes to him

Free throws making Boston cry is my favorite thing

Embiid purposely grabbed Smart with the crook in his elbow... Is that really the narrative we're going with TNT?

While I am sure Joel wasn’t trying to break his arm, I can understand him being upset about it.

that Brogdon pick up was clutch for the Cs

Get marcus smart out the league

Meh...we'd love Smart if he were on Philly.

Celtics are getting easy shots while we are taking some terrible ones

Tatum is pretty good at playing basketball

Yeah Tucker is getting flame broiled by Tatum right now

Doc river is horrible, our transition defense still sucks

I hate how we always look shaken and off our game against the Celtics. They get in our heads

same team = same very obvious flaws. No way im wasting another season watching this trash.

it would be nice to have a Williams or Brogdon ( starters on at least 15-20 teams in this league ) type player or 2 of our own to hot up that bench or be spot starters

We could have drafted Tatum  (MY NOTE:  NO, you couldn't have because Danny was taking him either way.  Danny gave you the #1 pick for the #3 pick plus Romeo in future year because you were taking Fultz.  You wanted Fultz, that was the deal.  You take Fultz and we'll take #3)

Looking a lot like last year with zero production or energy from the bench while other teams bench demolishes us

Putting 37 year old Tucker on Tatum is criminal

Glenn makes it so hard to get hyped. The game passed him by over a decade ago

Tatum is good

How tf are you gonna make Jaylen Brown look like a superstar?

Ight trade embiid and start over I’m tired of watching this sh** year after year

Doc should have called a timeout when they went up 8. He's so f***ing bad at his job

Jaylen brown still cant dribble

The Celtics know how to turn our aggression against us. They make us play off-balanced.

Philly getting manhandled by the Celtics on opening night. Time old tradition, nothing ever changes.

We can't stop Celtics at all. So Doc goes offence and doesn't use Reed, who has usually been pretty effective against Celtics.

The Celtics offense is dogsh** when they aren’t shooting 70% on jumpers

I’d argue our bench got worse somehow

U could put Michael Jordan on this team and he’d start looking like a losing player

10pts is manageable but I have zero faith in doc to actually coach a comeback here

I got excited for the season but remembered we have the worst coach in the league. I shouldn’t be so invested in a team led by a total clown, but here I am.

F*** these green crass a**holes imma fight the entire city of Boston win or lose

Rivers is like a wet blanket. he sucks the excitement out of games.

Really have no answer for Tatum.

Yeah Doc ain't it. We're not sniffing a ring with that guy at the helm

Celtics have now had 3 coaches in a row better than Glenn.

embid is such an idiot

Embiid is a f***ing bum

Absolutely sick of embiid rn

Embiid has money on the Celtics

Tbh I kinda hope we sh** the bed in the first 10-12 games and they move on Doc

The celtics know who they are sixers still trying to figure it out.

8-31 bench scoring

Jo out here letting Grant Williams get buckets inside...

We don’t have a single good switchable wing on the roster

Refs are trying to make the game close. Celts know this. We’re missing gimmies.

Jaylen brown never passes the ball lol

Realistically how bad do we have to be to get rid of doc before the playoffs?

man gRANT has the most punchable face I've ever seen on a human being

I hate everyone on that da** team.

Embiid choking against Boston is getting a wee bit old ngl

Outclassed in every facet of the game

Doc has to go. We have literally no chance at a ring if he's the coach

Need new coach pronto. That said, Brogdon/ Williams is a lot better than what we have off the bench.

Yeah, Brogdon is a legit high level starter and he may be their 7th man. They fleeced the Pacers. G. Williams is an example of an undersized guy who worked on his game and made himself a good player. And when they get Time Lord back these guys will be a nightmare.   Sucks because I absolutely hate Boston.

Oh boy....Blake Griffin....He just fits perfectly in Boston. Always knew he'd end up there.

First mistake was thinking glenn knows how to coach

Did yall forget this is a good team we are playing? They were in the finals for their last game played.

Glenn getting outcoached by the youngest coach in the league who was just thrown into the fire

"Doc" Rivers will win three games in a row against world beaters like OKC, Houston and Orlando, and media will herald him as top 10 coach of all time again.

Listening to an actual expert on this game (Jackson Frank) talk about how Doc Rivers offense sucks and how he's not all that concerned about the defense made me feel better.

Tbh, no way god was gonna let us win with Bill Russel being honored.

These commentators should have their communications degrees revoked.

Yea I’m not watching anymore games this season, I’m not gonna let my mental health deteriorate lmao

So much for all that elite defense preseason talk.

I have never seen a team of players get run past so much than these doc coached teams

This team would be infinitely more enjoyable to watch, nevermind how much better they’d play, with someone other than Doc coaching.

Good thing we get the bucks Thursday

The Tank for Wembanyama has begun

Nets have our pick sir

if 4 Celtic players are gonna score 101 points in 65% shooting you have very little to do

2nd round exit incoming? Sad

24 fast break points to 2. The defense rests... l mean that literally.

The montrezel pickup is subtraction by addition. And Tucker sucks

That was the youngest version of pj Tucker that the sixers will have for the next three years.

we lost to a team missing their elite defensive starting center so Embiid should have went off, not to mention a contender who lost their f***ing head coach

Yall can hate me if you want but I have very little reason to believe we can compete with the top teams in the league.

Not with Doc. I don’t know if you can find anyone else who hates Doc more than me lol.

We just fought the East Champions with its core intact in TD GARDEN. It's just the first game of a very long season

Celtics didn't have their starting Center Rob Williams who is one of the best defensive big men and one of the best lob finishers in the league.

Would have preferred for Tatum and Brown not to combine for 70 points tonight but hey

Our defensive strategy of giving Tatum and Brown wide open shots all night backfired badly

As a clippers fan it’s nice to see a diff team suffer with doc. If you guys wanna win you gotta get rid of him it’s not 2008 anymore

Glenn just collecting a paycheck at this point. He doesn’t even like the very city he is coaching for. If you can’t get your guys fired up with a lineup like ours, you need to go.

The city doesn't like him either

This team now reminds me of the Sixers in the late 70's. Billion dollar talent, ten cent brains,   Starting with Embiid.

Coach or no coach, Boston is the better team with better players. I said this last playoffs. Tatum has surpassed Embiid. And I’ve seen nothing from Embiid to suggest he is addressing the blemishes in his game.

Tatum looks like he's set to put up an MVP caliber year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tatum finishes top 2 MVP this year.

Tatum looks like he's on a mission this season
alot of people, including me, were calling him overrated after the finals

We could've had Jayson Tatum.....

No we couldn’t have. The Celtics would have drafted him #1   (MY NOTE:  THANK YOU!!!!  Someone gets it.)

Or we made the trade up presumably for Fultz then DRAFTED TATUM. We could've had Tatum

We could’ve had:
2013: Giannis
2014: Jokic
2015: Devin Booker
2016: Jaylen Brown
2017: Tatum
2018: Mikal Bridges
2019: Jordan Poole

Doc Rivers would coach that team to a 50 win season and a 2nd round exit.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home, 10/18/22 Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home, 10/18/22

Post by Ktron Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:53 am

Is this their interim coach's first time chewing gum

Rivers is like a wet blanket. he sucks the excitement out of it

The montrezel pickup is subtraction by addition. And Tucker sucks

As a clippers fan it’s nice to see a diff team suffer with doc. If you guys wanna win you gotta get rid of him it’s not 2008 anymore

Bro since when is Blake Griffin a Celtic am I just high

Rivers is The montrezel pickup is subtraction by addition. And Tucker sucks like a wet blanket. he sucks the excitement out of games.

Yeah Doc ain't it. We're not sniffing a ring with that guy at the helm

Celtics have now had 3 coaches in a row better than Glenn.

embid is such an idiot

Embiid is a f***ing bum

Tbh I kinda hope we sh** the bed in the first 10-12 games and they move on Doc

Ktron

Back to top Go down