jeb
beat
gyso
babyskyhook
cowens/oldschool
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Whats wrong with the Heat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Whats wrong with the Heat?

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:38 am

bobc33 wrote:I think Wade and Elbow Man are too similar, renundant even. Trade one of them for a top point guard and you have a better TEAM.

exactly bobbyc and Noah being everything that Rupaul/Bosh is not,a real BIG,thats why he should have went to da Bulls.With Rose burning it up that would have been some scary team.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:44 am

1/1 wrote:The difference between the Heat the the Championship Celtics was our lockdown defense. I don't see the Heat "sacrificing" a lot. Their shots will automatically go down due to they aren't handling the ball all the time like they did for their former teams. The Heat need to trade to better themselves this year.

thats one of the best defensive teams of all-time,I'd put them up historically against anybody.Only so many hardhat Beast/Perks and Rondos to come around,those kind of players don't fall off trees......this guy KG can defend alittle too.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 am

just read the Yahoo! news articule and picked up on a few things they said about the players only meeting the team had after the most recent loss:

“This is a new team, a new group of guys,” Wade said.

“This is a team that is new to each other,” James said

i was inclined to begin referring to the Heat's troubles as "New to each otherGate" but then kIng nOthIng flat out pointed out why Miami is losing,, " I think the fact that we know we are so talented individually, we feel we can have lapses...”

their ya have it, the Heat's own Wade said are “I think with this team, especially with the IQ of this team, we are smart enough to make adjustments on the floor."

so what adjustments do they make on the floor with their basketball IQ and tremndous talent?

once again, according to lebron, they "have lapses.."

its their high basketball IQ's and tremendous talent that is causing them to lose so often.. scratch
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 am

For my girlfriend from Ohio - for my good friends in Cincy - and for all of us that thought this whole "decision" thing was distasteful, egotistical nonsense - I say KARMA IS A BITCH.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:02 pm

beat wrote:dboss

And therein lies the problem. They need a PG to distribute but how is a PG to distribute when he won't have the ball in his hands?

Neither Bron nor Wade are good off the ball players and to think that now after 7 years or so in the league, they would defer primary ball handling to any PG is a tough sell!

beat,

I concur with you regarding "off the ball" playing on that team 100%.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 am

lakers go down at home to a long, scrappy pacer team...looks like larry's got that team turnin the right way...Gasol got owned and played very heavy minutes. As did Odom and Kobe.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:31 am

that damn hibbert is tough
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with the Heat? - Page 3 Empty Bron bumps his coach (again)

Post by gyso Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:22 am

From "Ball Don't Lie"

LeBron James is known for taking passive/aggressive shots at his coaches. Whether he's dealing with Paul Silas or tolerating Mike Brown or griping about Erik Spoelstra's minutes allotment, it hardly matters. LeBron James is the king, in his own mind, and he's not to be touched.
Unless he's the one doing the touching. Or bumping. Like the way he bumped his coach in the third quarter of Miami's loss to the Dallas Mavericks last night:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-LeBron-James-bumps-his-coach-again?urn=nba-289728

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Ok, we've covered this but this is well written from boston.com today.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2010/12/celtics_should_be_an_example_f.html
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:45 pm

beat wrote:dboss

And therein lies the problem. They need a PG to distribute but how is a PG to distribute when he won't have the ball in his hands?

Neither Bron nor Wade are good off the ball players and to think that now after 7 years or so in the league, they would defer primary ball handling to any PG is a tough sell!

Beat-

I agree with you, but I also think it goes deeper than that.

Ledouche has been playing with the ball in his hands probably since he was 13 or 14. He was certainly the best player on his HS team, and had the ball during those four years as well. So it's at least 11 years of playing in that style, but in reality, it's probably been for his entire life. He doesn't know any other way, so that's an even bigger challenge to overcome, and I don't think he will.

He's now indicated that he doesn't want to play in a PG-type of role (even though all the jock sniffers like Hollinger and Henry Abbott told us he was going to be incredible in that role and average a triple double), so that doesn't seem like an option either.

Wade is similarly ball-dependent, so there doesn't seem to be any good solution for them on the horizon.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys. Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:49 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:for all of us that thought this whole "decision" thing was distasteful, egotistical nonsense - I say KARMA IS A BITCH.

I'm just waiting for the next round of it to hit down there when they head West later this month and start playing teams not named Sixers, Nets or Wizards.

Just about every good team they've played, they've lost to, and a lot of those games haven't really been competitive.

Can't wait to see what the "Heat Index" has to say when they are in full-meltdown mode after dipping below .500 and Wade and Ledouche are at each other's throats, with Bosh "chilling" in the background thinking how cool it is to live in South Beach.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 pm

babyskyhook wrote:Ledouche has been playing with the ball in his hands probably since he was 13 or 14... He doesn't know any other way, so that's an even bigger challenge to overcome, and I don't think he will.

He's now indicated that he doesn't want to play in a PG-type of role (even though all the jock sniffers like Hollinger and Henry Abbott told us he was going to be incredible in that role and average a triple double), so that doesn't seem like an option either.

Wade is similarly ball-dependent, so there doesn't seem to be any good solution for them on the horizon.
I think the lack of a point guard isn't much of an issue for them, especially compared to lacking any inside presence at either end. LeBron doesn't want to be called a point guard? Fine, he wants the ball in his hands, whatever. But he and Wade need to figure out how to be productive off the ball, not just with it. It's something most players learn along the way, but it's apparently a new skill for these guys. We'll see.

Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Just noticed D Wade is a ghastly 1 for his last 23 on three-pointers and is at 24.5% on them for the season. He must be being coached by Sheed.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:15 pm

steve3344 wrote:Just noticed D Wade is a ghastly 1 for his last 23 on three-pointers and is at 24.5% on them for the season. He must be being coached by Sheed.

Aproching Stevie Wonder %

beat

PS if this were baseball how far below the Mendoza line would that be?
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:21 pm

anybody watching this?

Heat were up by 17 in first half,running,looking good

now all of the sudden they stopped running and been bricking everything from perimeter,got outscored 25-13 in 3rd,Al Horford outscored them by himself with 14 in 3rd.63-61

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 pm

OK. Just to show I have a heart for Miami and LeBron, I liked the way he handled himslef after the CLE game for the most part. I know he made some dumb comment that may have blown the whole thing out of the water, but for the most part he said he wasn't offended by the the treatment of the fans. He understood their frustration. he wasn't going to apologize for leaving. All in all, he made a small step forward IMHBAO. Good for you, LeBron. Now go lose to Utah tomorrow and get back on the losing streak.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 pm

dbrown4 wrote:OK. Just to show I have a heart for Miami and LeBron, I liked the way he handled himslef after the CLE game for the most part. I know he made some dumb comment that may have blown the whole thing out of the water, but for the most part he said he wasn't offended by the the treatment of the fans. He understood their frustration. he wasn't going to apologize for leaving. All in all, he made a small step forward IMHBAO. Good for you, LeBron. Now go lose to Utah tomorrow and get back on the losing streak.

Go Jazz! lol!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:29 pm

media keep making a big deal that they have won five in a row. Big deal they really played the cream of the league. But even in those wins they games were sometimes undecieded till the last couple minutes. No inside game and when they are not shooting well they have little else. Certainly can't rely on the tough D.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3