Doc: "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back"

+3
LACELTFAN
RosalieTCeltics
steve3344
7 posters

Go down

Doc: "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back" Empty Doc: "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back"

Post by steve3344 Wed May 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Just watched Doc address the media on NBA.com and when asked about his future, without wasting a second said, "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back. I'm love these guys. I'm a Celtic."

Wow. Great news.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Doc: "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back" Empty Re: Doc: "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back"

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 11, 2011 10:57 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so glad that he came out publicly and said this now. That certainly doesn't mean it is definite, but he said one thing that makes me believe he will be here: I AM A CELTIC.

The only thing that worries me is a lockout, which I believe could be a huge problem for the league. There are teams out there who barely make ends meet now, can you imagine what a lockout would mean to them? And, I worry that KG, who is in his last year, may consider just not bothering to come back, although his contract is for pretty big money for the last year.
In his own words he says that he will just "fade to black" once his playing time is over.

The other interesting interview post game was Big Baby, saying that he liked playing for the Celtics but he wasn't sure if he would be back. He really sounded like someone who had already made up his mind. The first thing out of his mouth was "look at Perk, he was here 8 years and wanted to stay, look what happened to him". interesting

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Doc: "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back" Empty Re: Doc: "I'm leaning heavily toward coming back"

Post by LACELTFAN Thu May 12, 2011 1:36 am

Glad to hear Doc is leaning towards coming back.
Tough loss tonite, tough way to end the season. But I gotta say,
Hope Springs Eternal for those guys in green. GO CELTICS...
Speaking of Perk...GO PERK, GO OKC!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 12, 2011 7:52 am

best news to come out of game 5
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu May 12, 2011 8:49 am

Great news....Doc is vital to this team keeping it on track.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 12, 2011 9:48 am

Although one couldn't prove it from Glen Davis' comments, I suspect an early commitment from Doc could have an influence on possible free agent signings. He has achieved a reputation as a "players' coach;" and, the core of the team is still vital enough that the right free agent signings could make the Celtics more competitive than many people think they'll be.

And, by the way, I don't believe it was athleticism that beat the Celtics in Game 5. I believe what turned the tide were three late three-pointers, of which one was well-contested and the other two were not.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu May 12, 2011 11:11 am

And Sam

A couple of unforced turnovers did NOT help. To have that game end with a 16-0 run is just about unfathomable. How many possesions in a row were just wasted.

Lots of off season work to do but I agree the window isn's shut quite yet.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Beat,

I agree that it was lack of execution down the stretch that lost the game for the Celtics. Game 3 as well. (And I'm not ignoring the fact that the Heat did a fine job of defense.) My point was that I don't believe it was lack of Celtics athleticism that was the problem. I suppose it could be argued that a more athletic team could have better covered those two three-pointers. But I think that would be nit-picking.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down