Marcus update...!!!

4 posters

Go down

Marcus update...!!! Empty Marcus update...!!!

Post by beat Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Team played in a scrimmage this morning with three games against 3 other teams. Team did well. Parents were not allowed so I simply dropped him off and did some errands and shopping (groceries) for a couple hours. Got back to school at the predetermined time I could see they were just wrapping thinks up. I work with one of the refs that was doing the games and just went up to speak to him as the teams were leaving the floor. Before I could say anything he said to me. "Where the heck did Marcus learn to shoot like that?" Asked him what happened and he proceeded to tell me that during one stretch he made 5 treys in a row then missed one and then made 2 more. Also made a couple mid-range shots and only missed the one three. Then his coach came over and basically told me the same thing. Guess he was like 9 for 10 with nothing inside of 15 ft and 7 of 8 from three.

Marcus was unaware I had spoken to anyone as he was off getting changed. I met him in the hall and we walked to the car. I was dying to hear about his version of what had happened. Took about 2 miles but then he finally started to talk about it. Still didn't say much other than he got a little hot.

We both know he won't play a lot as he just isn't that big, nor quick or fast but he knows the plays and spots up well. He'll get some minutes in most games and will just need to take advantage of those spots. Like he says he can run and play real hard when he's out there as he would just be giving a starter a break for 3-4 minutes.

And perhaps with some luck he can do it when it counts.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Marcus update...!!! Empty Re: Marcus update...!!!

Post by bobc33 Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:07 pm

From the first time I met him I always said that kid can shoot.

Well done Marcus. I'll bet a player who knows the game and can shoot that well will get more than a few minutes a stretch.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:22 pm

If he keeps making his time on the court that productive he may play more minutes than you (or he) expects.

If I remember correctly he has pretty good technique and positioning on the boards despite giving away a little length, and that won't hurt either.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Great story Beat.

I played 4 years varsity basketball at Boston Latin (3 year starter) and usually played the 3 (or 4) at 6'. I played hard, I played physical, I could box out and rebound and hit the open shot.

Never a great player, but I had more than 700 points in my HS career. You never know what might happen. Tell him to keep working hard and most of all, having fun.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down