Avery Bradley dislocates shoulder

Go down

Avery Bradley dislocates shoulder Empty Avery Bradley dislocates shoulder

Post by 112288 Sun May 06, 2012 9:29 am

• Celtics Report | ESPN Boston

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said starting shooting guard Avery Bradley dislocated his left shoulder during Friday's Game 3 win over the Atlanta Hawks in an Eastern Conference quarterfinal series and his status is uncertain.

"Shoulder went out," Rivers said. "And he's had that problem all year. Usually they're able to -- like a Lego -- snap it back in. It wouldn't go back in. So we'll find out more (Saturday)."

Bradley suffered the injury late in the third quarter and departed for the locker room along with team doctor Brian McKeon with 2:06 to play in the frame. The team initially said Bradley would return, but soon ruled him out for the rest of the game.

Bradley was Boston's most durable player during the regular season, appearing in a team-high 64 games. By season's end, he had supplanted Ray Allen in the team's starting lineup. Before Friday's game, Bradley finished eighth in the NBA's Most Improved Player balloting.

Bradley finished Friday's game with five points, four rebounds and a block over 24:54 of action. Allen, who played his first game since April 10 (ankle injury), picked up the slack, logging a whopping 36:51.

The Celtics aren't scheduled to practice Saturday, but will re-evaluate Bradley in advance of Sunday's Game 4.

Allen could be in line to rejoin the starting lineup if Bradley can't go, assuming Allen's ankles hold up after Friday's game.

"I know Avery went down, (but) we have a day and a half to rest and prepare for Sunday," Allen said. "I'm pretty sure he'll recover, and if not we have, if you look at our bench, from (Mickael) Pietrus to Sasha (Pavlovic) to Marquis (Daniels), all three of those guys over the past couple months or so have played well. So whether Doc starts me or not, it doesn't make a difference."

Back to top Go down